Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

tehinternet posted:

It’s owning the receipt to a jpeg hosted on a server that you don’t control that can be changed to anything the server owner wants. Oh, also you don’t own the image itself. Yes, it’s that loving stupid and more.

And every time you pick up the receipt it sets a barrel of crude oil on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

drk posted:

the Gold Ape lunch is everything i had hoped for

https://twitter.com/franklinisbored/status/1539313473577840640

image saved:

The guy with the purple hair and sunglasses is That Guy who ruins every college lecture and party conversation by playing devil's advocate, and smells like a sentient armpit.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Pyromancer posted:

a bort-coin

my coin is also named bort

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Zil posted:

There is grifting and there is exploiting those in a dark and lovely place

I hope this guy trips into an open sewer and drowns.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Alan G posted:

Somehow missed the BrewDogs latest "punk" move is to tokenise peoples shares
https://twitter.com/BrewDogJames/status/1541340447053955073
This is a good idea somehow and they are gonna use one of the blockchains with "sustainability credentials"*

* they claim to be carbon negative due to other similar bookkeeping tricks, see https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0013yfj with a UK based IP

Speaking as somebody in the brewing industry, if BrewDog does it you know it's a stupid loving idea.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Foxfire_ posted:

Leonardo Loredan, Doge of Venice, thinks you're dumb too

Our apologies to Count Nipplehat.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

i made a gary vee post a while back.. needa include the other video and his nft picture

That NFT is going on the fridge, right next to his C- average third grade report card.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

APEFEST 2022:

90 percent caught covid

0 percent caught an STD.

Except for Super Token Destabilization

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

if your supa computer coin has fake pedo stories that you have to whack-a-mole regularly , maybe your coin is bad?

Wasn't one of the super-early Bitcoin shills also somebody with a History who tried to hold a BTC conference in an obscure city mostly notorious for child trafficking? I thought I remembered that from one of the early buttcoin threads here.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Cat Hatter posted:

I like my Pixel 3 better than Search For Spock.

But does your Pixel 3 have Christopher Lloyd as a Klingon?

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Cat Hatter posted:

No, but I do watch stealing the enterprise sometimes.

Honestly, Star Trek III has a lot of amazing moments that belong in a less mediocre movie.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Peanut Butler posted:

Star Trek 2-3-4 is best enjoyed back to back and treated like a fourth TOS season; makes search for spock's shortcomings feel more like a mild midseason slump

Honestly I like all the TOS movies, but I only like V in the sense that it's amazing to make fun of. Every part of it is such a profound miscalculation that it becomes amazing.

I also love TMP as its own weird offshoot, ten-minute starship-ogling warts and all.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Plan R posted:

120+ takes to get Scotty to hit his head on a pipe in the correct manner.

Test footage in the final cut because they ran out of loving money.

The scene with the rocket boots and the improbably tall maintenance shaft with repeating deck numbers like a loving Tom & Jerry cartoon.

The world's most obvious greenscreen on Kirk falling off the mountain.

It's all so incredibly bad and amazing.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Outpost22 posted:

"What does God need with a NFT?"

Quiet, William Shatner will hear you and get ideas.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Plan R posted:

Goddammit! Star Trek V was fun! It's a guilty pleasure and I love it!

Especially the whole philosophical part. What does God need with a starship?

To mine QuarkCoin on its main computer, of course.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

graphing calculators are dead

Graphing calculators will never die as long as you can play Drug Wars on them. :colbert:

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

bitcoin is down today, all is right with the world

Somebody redesign the NERV logo from Evangelion to say this.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Koopa Kid posted:

Beaten but I'm posting it anyway

:golfclap: Nicely done.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Eco Warrior Seraph posted:

If it wasn't bitcoin it would have been something else. We would have found some hairbrained way to burn those fossil fuels either way. Capitalism is the problem, we can't solve a global systemic problem by targeting one or another reasons we're making GBS threads where we eat.

I have mixed feelings on supporting bitcoin these days, on the one hand it disempowers nation-state governments, which is great, as they're terrible because they all support capitalism. On the other it's horrible for the environment, which is loving terrible.

My feelings on it however don't matter one iota to bitcoin, nor do yours. Bitcoin is a genie out of the bottle and nothing and no one can put it back in while the incentives of wealth generation still exist. In other words, we will use it (and everything else) to suffocate ourselves if we don't abolish crapitalism.

The entire system has to go, yesterday, before it takes us down with it.

E: Namaste

*prayer hands*

"The entire system is wrong, but please don't target the part that pays for my house, it's not my fault."

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Eco Warrior Seraph posted:

Video game graphics cards for rich white kids that burn the electricity of a microwave so they can scream slurs down their mics while owning other kids at call of duty generate Ron Paul funbux

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

gregday posted:

NFTs are crypto meets sovcits

I have a hypothesis that things like crypto/NFTs, sovereign citizens, PUAs, etc. tend to appeal most to the mindsets of isolated tech folks who are used to dealing with systems of code/technology rather than systems of people, and expect manipulating people-based systems will work to their advantage like manipulating code-based systems. Of course, people are not code and can lie or just laugh and say "no", so rules-lawyering or trying to use the right "magic words" just doesn't work like they should. It's why sovereign citizens will cite things like a gold-fringed flag and expect the people in charge to throw an error code at them and let them do what they want, rather than them just laughing and throwing them in jail anyway.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Professor Shark posted:

I agree that this is possibly some sort of weird buttcoin El Dorado

The Hard Drive of El Dorhodl

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

inputfailed posted:

A Fire Upon the Deep except the skrode riders are slow because they have a mining trojan.

Blightcoin!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

all my Oozaru gone

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Bitcoin: These are basically rainbows except this one doesnt go down

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

TVs Ian posted:

That reminded me of a Captain Planet episode. One of the villains built a refrigerator factory, but at the end of the assembly line each fully-working fridge got chopped with an axe to release the Freon and destroy the ozone layer.

I feel like that process is somehow a metaphor for crypto.

Imagine four refrigerators at the end of an assembly line.

Bitcoin works the same way.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

I miss the good old days. Nasty strawberries, dumping liquid nitrogen all over the floor, begging Disney for the rights to Talespin free of charge, vibrating phones, eating USB sticks because black people are scary, a movie theater for 75 sodas, and so many other solid comedy moments. All pretty harmless too since the scam-tentacles were still hella short.

Crypto was a lot funnier before it was accelerating climate change with the energy consumption of loving Argentina.

Is there some kind of repository of the oldest crypto lols? I remember reading quite a bit about it in these dead gay forums back in the day and I'd love to relive some of the classics.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

lmao aren't all those cards just cycling the same hot air through their heatsinks? Like, the whole thing is just a failure hotbox.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Oh god Inuyasha coins legal defense of “well it’s too late lol” is one for the ages

Well Ms Takahashi if you didn’t want me to steal your property you should’ve just minted it first, idiot

"So let me go over 'trade' and 'mark' to show why-" [immediately tackled by 15 NFL linebackers simultaneously]

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

got an email from a recruiter this morning:

i had a lol and hit delete without replying, of course.

Even when she spent four months of being unemployed, my fiancee went "lolnope" the second she found out one of the job opportunities she was being recruited for was a crypto company.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

drk posted:

Bored-Ape Creator Yuga Labs Faces SEC Probe Over Unregistered Offerings

cant wait to see the securities disclosures for ape jpegs

all my apes audited

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Buce posted:

i live in the cascades. I shall sup of the rainwater

Lol, like the PNW hasn't had a four-month dry season this year.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

non-fungible Tolkiens

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

I used to work with a guy who watched woodworking videos all day on his second monitor, and bought woodworking machines, but never did any woodworking because his hobby was actually watching videos & buying equipment, not woodworking.

This was my fiancee for a hot minute a year ago. Some of the equipment she bought is still just sitting in the trunk of our car.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Thanks for reminding me that it's called web5 because it's supposed to be web 2.0 + web3.

Crypto: It really sucks the llama's rear end.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Imagine all the buttcoin you could have bought with the money you've spent on burner accounts, dude.

I mean, it's one money pit vs another, but at least then you'd be making less of a fool of yourself.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Bitcoin: A circuit board in the bottom of a popcorn tin

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

That's not accurate at all.

A golden corral buffet can at least feed a family of 4.

:vince:

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Chromatics posted:

i cant believe this was only 2021, it feels like an eternity ago

Does that mean the transaction finally just completed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

God, between everything happening in crypto this week and Musk firing Twitter directly into the sun, I'm about to OD on uncut black tar schadenfreude.