Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
What the gently caress is the deal with these pro israel indian fascists? This is the first time I've ever heard of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
So what bullshit are they touting to justify using white phos now?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Wasn't he the dude who made breaking kids arms like, official policy? Cos that sounds not great.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Atrocious Joe posted:

Hamas spokesman saying Israel killed some of the captured IOF soldiers

:dafuq:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

my bony fealty posted:

what do you call it when a military intentionally herds civilians into a killzone and bombs it?

apparently everyone calls it self defense :smith:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Death By The Blues posted:

Yea seems like their goal is to completely depopulate Gaza and turn it into a gaudy beach side settlement

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1711618480179396831

Cool that's the one they've been bombing all day, right?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The militants wiped out an entire Israeli airborne team.
https://twitter.com/CollieYimby/status/1711859054656753994?s=20

lol they really just dumped that team into the middle of the poo poo and left them to die :mediocre:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Gritty Captain Planet reboot

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
These counter-narratives coming out now fit with the other captives stories that were like "one of them (hamas) saw a banana and asked if he could eat it", "they said they wont harm us, they are muslim" "they were polite and I cooked them a meal"

Those stories that showed up on the 1st day and have never been mentioned since

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Al-Saqr posted:

I dont understand I thought Hamas were baby-head-chopping maniacal animals with no soul who are 15 times worse than 9/11 and 10 times worse than the holocaust now you're telling me they're able to treat people as individuals when they couldve eaten them instead :thunk:

Clearly just a trick by the cunning terrorist devils

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

PawParole posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUhJFd6LrVQ

Holy poo poo the Houthis wrote an America disstrack lol.

These guys go so hard.

Oh poo poo this rips

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

I can't believe it's not Hitler!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
They have the character of "racist bogan"

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They gotta come up with the fake evidence, too.

Nah they'll just keep doing the same "trust us we have photos, no you can't see the photos lol" bullshit

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Sancho Banana posted:

Combatants rank up to corporal quite literally by finishing their training, so no, there are zero of them on the battlefield.

lmao what

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I think this is the genre of genocide promotion I hate most.

thats some real sick poo poo

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
can someone link that tweet about finding a copy of mein kampf in a kid's bedroom pls

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Can't believe you all thought Israel was invading Gaza when they were just trying to deliver them diesel and incubators :negative:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Al-Saqr posted:

His body language is full of shame and disgrace, and he wipes his nose several times in a lowly manner. ⁧‫

Lmao get em

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Joementum posted:

the “first” war crimes seems to imply the existence of other, subsequent war crimes…

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/nickschifrin/status/1724965441486152113?s=46

One of these reporters needs to just be like "what the gently caress are you on about??" He's really at like, "old man yells at cloud" level bullshit.

"Mr President, can you tell me where we are right now?"

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is a loving rictus grin. The IDF is waging a war on children and a corpse is giving them the ok signal.

lmao I saved that bit too

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They didn't have to be careful at all when it came to training because their counter-intelligence on Mossad was so thorough. Israeli sigint stopped listening in on Hamas broadcasts because they thought it was a waste of time, they were so convinced that Hamas was deterred by 2021. The idea of Gaza being the most surveilled area in the world paradoxically blinded the Israelis to what was going on there, because they'd invested so much capital into the border fence and their defenses there that they were solely focused on the border itself and the West Bank. So when Hamas took out their surveillance network in one fell swoop, the IDF had no idea how to respond. They thought it was a technical issue.

Hey now, some of the sigs kept listening, it was just on channels hamas knew were compromised :allears:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Pookah posted:

He was reportedly a very good shot - accurate at 5 miles using iron sights.

lmao no he wasnt

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
xX360NOSCOPINGRANPAXx

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Asproigerosis posted:

Isn't this standard practice for America? Any disabled Abrams in the active field just get a bag of c4 thrown in the cockpit.

it's called DENYING THE ENEMY!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALhIxLe5_o

e] realtalk hucking some thermite or something in a vehicle that you had to abandon is usually for cooking radios or other crypto poo poo if you can't take it with you.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Even if it were true, why would a rise in antisemitism be more concerning than the palestinians being genocided right now?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

DancingShade posted:

The patient lies on a wheeled gurney in trauma. The nurses and doctor share a knowing glance. This isn't a conversation that anyone wants to have but to save this man's life it simply has to be done.

The doctor gently wakes the patient to alertness with a pen flashlight and a squeeze.

"Sir? Can you hear me? I'm very sorry but we're going to have to cut your limited edition pre order call of duty mask off to save your life. We need to get a tube in."

"NNnnoooOOOoooooo" the injured soldier wails, sobbing.

Lol the mask was to hide his double chin

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Death to Farm Chat

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Adenoid Dan posted:

The army that hired a chief Rabbi who said their soldiers were allowed to rape enemy women. To keep up morale.

WHat in the gently caress

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

What was the actual "testimony after testimony" that that first article was claiming to have?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
They also definitively did see them (well, Hamas anyway) training and just ignored it out of hubris, lol.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Frosted Flake posted:

This has come up in the WW3 thread and the Ukraine thread, but I'm pretty sure you couldn't take a soldier's phone away these days. We sent a girl home from tour for taking selfies in the CP, I think you'd have to let her skate now. The corny summer camp atmosphere and doing stuff to post on social media, that's where we're at.

The IDF specifically, might as well produce slideshows of all of their group photos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_NxOF7RB4

This is wild to me, because aside from the super obvious security issues, letting your soldiers post video of themselves with looted jewellery or bikes of the civs you've just massacred is an insane optics and disciplline thing to allow, even ignoring the obvious lack of humanity it shows, they should at least care about how loving unprofessional it looks.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

dead gay comedy forums posted:

I'm reminded of the American heartland GI who grew on a diet of plenty of protein with eggs, beef, bacon and whatnot every week fighting against a Vietnamese fighter half his size that had two bowls of seasoned rice and some protein once in every while

It's deeply ironic for the "operator" (and similar) types -- they cannot realize at all that the Palestinians are the ones who have developed that deeper moral fibre for the grim work of real war, not them. A military guy using steroids and working out in an air-conditioned gym is deep in ignorance or denial if he thinks that this is martial training.

Incidentally, I was chatting with a medical sports scientist last week about this. Every now and then comes along a military guy (who wants to be foreign legion or UN or whatever) and they ask for a consultation program, which the doc then proceeds to summarily bash over their heads that physique development has nothing to do with soldiering. The principle also applies to sports: mentality and technique are among two of the important things that are most fundamental to the activity, yet are completely missing from what is being proposed there. I mentioned Palestine to him and he said that while he never looked at it this way, it made total sense from his background: the average Palestinian in Gaza was far, far more able to the work of martial development just by mentality alone than any of those guys

literally this quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_sxG6vJRao&t=14s

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Neurolimal posted:

A lot of modern rations will even include a candy bar, both for the calories & to ensure even the biggest manchildren in the army will open their rations.

It's super common I think mostly because it's good for morale, same as tea bags or hot chocolate or whatever.

There was also always rumours that our rations had ingredients aimed at blocking you up so you wouldn't poo poo as much out in the field or something.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Fiber is a foreign concept to the western soldier. Both moral and dietary.

look if I was some kinda smart guy book knower I wouldn't have been there okay

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Best Friends posted:

there was a dude in my boot camp platoon who had this perfect huge gym body. he was constantly accruing random injuries from being huge and was miserable and unfocused from starving off muscle mass. he got dropped to medical recovery platoon halfway through after getting a stress fracture in both ankles from jumping off the bed in the morning. meanwhile, weird looking skinny dudes like me are making it though even while getting constantly sick from the gross boot camp environment.

Seeing these guys absolute shock at jumping in a pool and learning they have negative buoyancy and can't do poo poo like tread water for 2 minutes because they sink straight to the bottom was fun.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I mean ideally you can do both, you have to be able to move and function while carrying a shitload of weight. Like our plate carrier/webbing with full ammo and water was like 14kg, and our packs with 3 days of gear were regularly 30+kg. (more than it shouldve been because our unit was undermanned)
They also used to tell us that being stronger basically made you a more stable weapons platform when shooting but I doubt thats more than a marginal factor.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Karach posted:

I guess it's always better to be fit than not. But wouldn't the best form of training be carrying your gear with you on long marches, rather than doing hand-stand pushups and front squats?

Yea probably, we had actual dedicated professional physical trainers taking us on organised training every day so it was a bit different than what FF was describing. This was NZ as opposed to Canada.
Anecdotally we would always hear about how much americans loved working out and doing pullups but they sucked at stuff like compass nav and bushcraft. But that was probably just "hurr durr we're actually the best" army bs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

euphronius posted:

the capacity of a c-17 is 170,900 pounds

Way behind but yea, ~18 tons means they sent one single Hercules.