Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

they're gonna set off air raid sirens when sleepy Joe lands and shuffle him to a bunker, do a whole haloween hamas rocket haunted house kayfabe bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

dude knows his audience making sure to name check comic books for juveniles so Americans understand his point (he is right to do so)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kid in class was conspicuously wearing his keffiyeh for the first time today. I suspected why, confirmed when he brought up talking to a family member about what's going on (germane to the topic of class discussion, it was a PR/persuasion class).

I joined the class in croaking out as heartfelt an expression of compassion as best I could, blinking back tears. I don't even know what you can say when someone is watching their people-- their family-- undergo ethnic cleansing on the news.

My mind was screaming at me over and over "Israel bombed a HOSPITAL!"

I've been trying to be as even handed as I can be with my sympathies defaulting to the oppressed and the underdog, but feeling pretty DTA since they JDAMed a loving hospital and glibly salted the wound with the usual facile jangly keys epistemological chaff script of 'didn't happen'/'ok if it did happen they did it to themselves'/'ok if we did it it wasn't so bad.'/'Okay if we did it and it was bad it was because they MADE us do it.' And our useless loving lib politicos using the cop exonerative passive voice about "a blast" as if they'd call 9/11 "an aviation incident."

I guess the state department has officially endorsed the loving Rube Goldberg Final Destination Hamas Rocket theory.

I'm going to have to live with being a wild eyed conspiracy theorist for believing the minority report narrative that the side that has all the giant bombs and was braying exterminationist language and literally threatening to bomb hospitals for a week was the one that dropped a giant bomb on a hospital.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The one question that they can’t answer is why PIJ and/or HAMAS had exactly one rocket capable of doing this and why it was only now just used and not used in the surprise attack on Israel where it could’ve done more damage and made more sense for what they wanted to do? Surely if they could make rockets with the ability to do this level of damage they would have been making this level of rockets for the initial attack

they made the fuse too long and so it just now went off and hit a bird they didn't know would be there, which made it deflect and hit a logging truck and all the logs spilled out and rolled down the street and ran over an IDF forward joint terminal air controller so he accidentally called for a JDAM strike on a hospital while being crushed

E: this is a joke the IDF wouldn't use a JTACs, the whole point is to do it with impunity and cowardice and lack of discrimination between targets

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Oct 18, 2023

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

This is a minor thing, but I try to push back against calling Dems "useless" because it's really underselling what they really are. They deliberately do all this stuff. They aren't "useless in opposing it" - they simply support it.

Note taken and seconded. Biden is over there back slapping Bibi over a job well done after all. It's really the bare minimum show of performative hand-wringing for domestic consumption so they at least try not to lose the young voters who see right through the bullshit.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Saw a young lady at wal mart wearing one yesterday, they had her checking receipts and she was putting on the most cartoonishly southern accent I've ever heard in my life

I was in a lovely mood when I walked up and felt bad about frowning at her because I can tell just by the dumb fake accent she was having a worse day than me

Edit: no seriously though it was "we cast Paula deen as the new Applejack" levels of southern pastiche

it sucks that she has to perform like that to keep from getting hate crimed by the braying maniacs who are letting the malign light of genocide through their cracked skulls in from the teevee, but imagining foghorn leghorn saying DTI and DTA does put a smile on my face.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

trucutru posted:

3000 died in 9/11. Like a thousand died in Oct 7.

So, the for the math to make sense, if it is 15 times worse then it means that an Israeli life is worth 45 American ones, which seems seems about right.

you have to break out scientific notation to get the numbers on what they think an Israeli life is worth compared to a Palestinian one

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Probably Magic posted:

Lot of people emphasize American Evangelism in our support for Israel, but this country is antisemitic as hell, we don't care about religion. I think it has more to do with the World War II mythos, that Israel is "proof" we emancipated the camps and did war justly, thus justifying every venture since. To surrender that mythos by allowing for a reform of the region is to surrender the myth of American exceptionalism. All conservative evangelism is ultimately civil religion once baked down to basics.

a bunch of dead Israelis are the material component to the evangelical Summon Rapture spell so they need them in the spell component pouch till prophecy time op

and tbh those types are probably lining up an unsaved person to pet sit for them looking at the news

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

someone should decide to impress jodie foster the old fashioned way again

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

smoobles posted:

just an update, I wasnt able to crack it. sorry everyone

did you try turning it off and back on, and deleting cookies?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

WaryWarren posted:

wait, they didn't?

no they stoke 40 cakes, as many as four tens, and through a weird game of telephone it turned into beheaded 40 babies

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Buddykins posted:

was at work all day - any interesting developments

turns our Israel didn't bomb that hospital.

if you don't believe them, then you have to believe the us who's backing them up on the whole not bombing hospital thing

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

*putting a finger to my the fake earpiece in my ear and addressing the camera with a Serious Face*

new information has come to light in the 2019 death of jeffery epstein in federal custody. it is now conclusively proven he did not die by suicide. palestinian militants are responsible for his death, as debris from a misfired hamas lethally struck his neck, fracturing his vertebrae and hyoid bone.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

it's amazing how "access to" is such a reflex qualification for these people to add that they use it in extremus when the language of neoliberal marketization of everything obviously can't work (friedman's voice calling up from hell "or can it?")

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

reprisal strikes against bakeries because with the severe breakdown and command and control the IDF is taking orders from rapper Kosha Dills, who's "heated 'cuz most us died in them ovens."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

VoicesCanBe posted:

I forgot to mention this yesterday but gently caress that rear end in a top hat John Fetterman, dipshit genocidal freak

i admit that i was a dipshit rube who didn't look too closely and bought into the slobs vs snobs packaging and thought it was sort of neat that he was a big fucker who showed up to vote in jorts and made The Man collapse onto their collective fainting couches. mea culpa. the scales have fallen from my eyes and i can say now gently caress this bloodthirsty ogre

i hope they make a new senate rule that he specifically has to wear a tuxedo at all times, even when sleeping.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Let's check back in on how this guy is doing

:catstare:

"turning them into hubs" "refusing to leave" this loving brick-brained motherfucker thinks critically injured human beings and the doctors who care for them are just FPS units you lasso click then right click in the fog of war to move and they give a confirmation bark like "zug zug"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

like gently caress try to imagine emptying a million people, including those in critical care in hospitals, out of a metro area on the global north, idk Philladelphia or Munich under optimal conditions not under attack, with a place to go and more or less functioning infrastructure. Even that sounds like a cluster gently caress.

mags posted:

they know they can’t just up and move the secret is they don’t consider them human beings hope this helps

yep the point of treating them like frictionless blobs who won't do as their bidden and NOT doing the thought experiment of "wait a minute what if someone just said "you have 24 hours to empty out seattle how absurd would that be" is to excuse loving genocide

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

so my partner asked me to lay it all out for her last night to help her understand what's going on, and I did starting around 70 CE, disapora, pograms, blood libel, jumping forward to the end of the Ottoman Empire, British Mandate, UN Mandate, Israeli State, Nakba, etc, etc. I tried to be somewhat even handed but disclaimed that I obviously had biases and blind spots and furthermore DTI

She was attentive, asking questions, I was doing my best with my own limited understanding of a complicated subject but she asked a cogent question: "why are we supporting them?"

like... historically I could answer with the whole Nixon picking some regional powers to back in the cold war and all that, but now in this moment it just seems like a sunk cost fallacy. I was stuck on something i heard about realpolitik that i forget the attibution for "countries don't have permanent allies, only permanent interests." what the gently caress are we (the US) getting from Israel that's worth risking potentially global conflict, an oil embargo, shitcanning detente with the arab world, etc etc etc?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

strong bird posted:

i think its because they get paid money by them

poo poo i missed the most cynical and correct loving answer for the trees.

remember when Omar got called anti-semetic for making a quip about apaic support being "all about the Benjamins?" because they claimed she meant bibi not 100s (which still I don't get now the double entendre is anti Semitic but when all you have is a hammer)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Breakfast All Day posted:

so my partner asked me to explain why there was a 12 foot tall zizek bodypillow in our shower, and I did starting around 70 CE

*George Costanza voice*

I was providing context

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'll miss treat time but we've had it coming for decades.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

:agreed:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/nxthompson/status/1715055804510842930

We've got another totally real Hamas document leak

Hamas militants carrying a full ruck of secret crime instructions and like 1 spare mag.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Red Baron posted:

never trust a Pennsylvanian

I thought those oatmeal eating fucks were at least supposed to be pacifists.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

you think that's something, wait till you see how the mohels are battle rattled up for a bris!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

netizen posted:

8PM is well past his bedtime. Must be very important.

putting him in the bane suit to inject venom directly into his bloodstream so his dying body has the vitality address the nation about the necessity of thousands more dead Palestinian babies to make the Raytheon number go up something something israel's right to defend itself platitude cliche god bless america

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

readers added the context that Palestinians were actually reported doing fine under the benevolent protection of his exelency Mehmet V in 1910

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Zohar posted:

western govts seem to think this is a ukraine situation in terms of public support but it really doesn't look like it. and that's without any economic pain so far

the public at large here in burgerland is pretty dumb and wildly propogandized to but maybe you can't sell Ukranuan intervention on "big bully country with big army invade bomb kill and occupy little place that can't fight back good without help" and then try to flip the script on how our sympathies are supposed to work in the same loving election cycle.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Did anyone care about the super old church getting bombed and killing 200 people? I would have thought it would cause as much outrage as the hospital, if not more because Christians in the U.S. love to yap about how much they support their oppressed brethren in the Middle East.

that seems charitable, my view of christians in the us is that they tend to have deeply stereotypical perceptual regional views of the middle east where it's just agriba where everyone is an evil mohammidean from central casting constantly blowing up wearing a suicide vest.

i'd honestly be interested to know what percent of the public is aware of basic poo poo like that there are, broadly, two main sects of islam with (to them) significant theological differences

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

All the "how would Trump handle this" talk did remind me of when he said "hey Bibi I love you but maybe cool it a little with all the settlements" lol

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

the german deportation proposal would define as a "~hamas supporter~" anyone with three or four "hamas supporting" grandparents

anyone with one or two "hamas supporter" grandparents would be considered a "mixed supporter"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

also for reference it took israel six days to beat four arab countries, ten days to turn the 1973 war around in their favor, a week for them to each beirut in 1982 and four days for them to try and invade lebanon in 2006.

we are now two weeks into this, and israel cant step foot into gaza and have evacuated dozens of their cities and settlements.

israel is loving done. theyre loving cooked. their regime is gonna die a well deserved death. the jig is up for them.

i know it gets said a lot but

inshallah

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Crying at work

Just want this to end

my whole shrink sesh today was pretty much this and like, to what degree to i even want to "compartmentalize" and "manage" the despair of this? isn't bearing witness like the least i should be asked to do deontologically speaking?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

A substitute teacher of mine in junior high told us during class that during vietnam he was an NCO and used to beat guys who tried to be consciencious objectors with 2x4s. He said this unprompted, there was nothing going on that connected to it in any way.

Anyway, I figure the plan would be something like that.

this reminds me of the time a 7th grade English teacher sub went on a completely unpromped off topic zionist rant about how great Israel was. did you know an Israeli Air Force pilot once landed an f15 with a whole wing blown off? they can beat anyone in a war even America.

even at age 12 it was the weirdest poo poo

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

I've always wondered why soft-handed soft-brained Americans really like Israel without even being Jewish or religious.

I left this part out because it sounds so over the top, impolitic to mention, and I frankly wish it wasn't true because it makes me feel like I always gotta leave this part out -- but the guy looked like a Der Stürmer caricature come to life complete with yarmulke so I'm assuming he came by his rabid Zionism... more honestly than that.

I know I know! It was the wildest loving thing but it's seared into my memory, 12 years old, sitting down expecting to continue our lesson plan on diagramming sentences or whatever the gently caress and instead the sub comes in and he's giving us this no-context non sequitur tirade of "It's a paradise made from a desert, surrounded by evil bad guys but strong!"

Even then I knew where Israel got their jets and stuff from, so when he got worked up to "they could even beat America in a war!" I kind of wanted to raise my hand and say "wouldn't America just uh stop sending them bombs to use?" but he was... on a real tear.

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 18:32 on Oct 22, 2023

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The Voice of Labor posted:

for anyone on the fence or confused, every indigenous uprising and retaliation, every slave revolt and every anticolonial action, past present and future, is absolutely 100% justified, every single one every single time

everyone thinks they're clever with " oh you think palestine gets to resist genocid well what if the Indians came to kill you" and I'm like "in the moment if the ho chunk made a war party and came to burn down my house and kill my family I'd try to stop them but like with time to reflect looking up at their victory from hell I'd be force to admit 'you know fair play good for them'"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Rubellavator posted:

lmao he bought elbow and knee pads

is that really something he needed to bring over from burgerland?

tel Aviv seems like exactly the kind of place inline skating woild still be popular

I guess there's an extra set for his mates now anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

ok to set up our next improv scene a little help from the audience audience can I get a place? I'm hearing Israel, great. Okay, now, can I get a noun that's kind of a transition or process? Death, great! Okay our troupe is going to do a scene called 'death to Israel'