Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Rip Testes posted:

Does all this mean the rapture is nigh?

Yes a bunch of Christians are going to be losing their minds for a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

im glad the western left is dead i can 100% disregard what they think when they try to both sides this.

My only both sides take is I am fearful of the body count rising and the inevitable Israeli retaliatory atrocities. I hope this forces some change and is not just a dying on their feet instead of their knees situation.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's a bit nihilistic but I have to imagine that some of the Palestinian leadership has got to know that total genocide is only going to become more and more of a normalized, mainstream opinion in Israeli politics and this is their shot at the brass ring, so to speak, before they're all going to die anyway

I obviously hope it doesn't come to that, whether slowly or quickly

Yeah, they know what can happen, this is calculated. I just hope for their sake this is not just choosing to go out fighting.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Senjuro posted:

Calculated how? There is no way in hell this ends with anything but the total devastation of Gaza. It's been done before for far, far less.

Yes and the people revolting know the risks that was my point, I'm hoping it turns out better than that.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Israel doing what it does best. Instead of attacking the dudes "invading" they just bomb a residential building

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Israeli channel 13 announcing that the infiltrators from lebanon have blown a section of the border fence and there is now gun fighting happening

I hope this leads to change, this is going to get nasty as gently caress and Israel is already playing dirty. good luck to everyone but israel

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Zerg Mans posted:

He's a highly progressive streamer with a massive audience that does a lot to influence the minds of younger folk. So boy do internet leftists hate him.

yeah every time i see a clip of him posted here and people getting mad its because i guess he is not 100% perfect in his views and makes a bunch of money from his twitch stream, but compared to nearly every other talking head filling kid's brains with nonsense i cannot for the life of me care one iota about hasan.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

VoicesCanBe posted:

The time is now for Hezbollah

isn't that what we are hearing from these northern skirmishes? forgive my confusion but are they still officially not engaged?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Dixon Chisholm posted:

my sister is very sympathetic to palestinians, but absolutely hates hamas.

'palestine HAD the moral high ground, but hamas pissed it away.'

she loving minimized the US treatment of natives to condemn israel last night, and she STILL thinks hamas is wrong!

the only subject wherein a discussion gets more irrationally angry faster than I/P in the US is prison reform.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel now announcing that there's ANOTHER infiltration happening on the border with lebanon.

are there that many armed lebanese groups that are unaffiliated with Hezbollah? my limited understanding was they pretty much have a monopoly on that stuff

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Nonsense posted:

These Hamas were no angels

if you put people in a loving concentration camp, when they do get out the psychos will come with them. same as in any war, that's part of why its bad folks!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

https://x.com/SerpicoDet/status/1711349273214820498?s=20

hell yeah serpico owns

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Spaced God posted:

Is hesbola really getting in on this lmso

Israel already bombed Lebanon so they are in it regardless now

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Oglethorpe posted:

so gaza's basically being carpet bombed now from this rooftop cam i'm watching

god i hope they were able to evacuate people to some kind of safety ahead of this.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

theres no-where to escape to dude other than drowning in the sea

bunkers, lesser targeted areas etc, i know they can't leave gaza.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

im sorry i expressed hope that less people would die

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

This is stupid enough to be true lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

William Bear posted:

What's SYQ? I tried looking it up, but all I can find is an international airport in Costa Rica.

Assuming this not an inception syq,

Posting the text of a post from another forum without attribution, with the goal being to bait angry responses. The common response is "source your quote," which is also used to mock someone unironically posting a bad take

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Oglethorpe posted:

holy poo poo the lebanon fires

Is this from the bombings from earlier or something else?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Hizbullah has officiially announced that they are bombing and shelling israeli military barracks and bases

https://twitter.com/ajarabic/status/1711455039531761908?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

welp, time to ask my buddy how his family is doing in lebanon

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Is there a correct english spelling of Hezbollah/Hizbullah or is this one of those words where they are a bunch of them and none of them are truly correct?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Tom Guycot posted:

From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free. Death to the state of israel and all those who stand against freedom and justice.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

im not watching this because the description alone makes me rage

ive mostly avoided mainstream news beyond this thread and highlights on twitter for this very reason.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

Surprised it's taken this many days to see "Israel is surrounded by enemies" show up in the other thread.

yes lol, complete with with excusing the genocide because there are other arabs in the region

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i dont think they will feel the least bit bad even once in their lives. if anything, they'll bring it up as a moral parable about the price people pay for refusing to overthrow scare quote Authoritarian Governments or what have you.

Yeah. It's a minority of people that are not in favor of genocide in the west. There is. No hope and it's only going to get worse. We will live to have to choose between martying ourselves or keeping our heads down as atrocities worse than WWII occur

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

So forgive my ignorance, but I assume the problem Hezbollah has is that this happened so fast they were also not mobilized, and now the northern border is militarized. I don't remember enough of the last war but my assumption is Hezbollah can't mount a direct offensive against the IDF if they are on alert.

What are Hezbollah's actual options right now to support Gaza?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Is there an acceptable way to talk about AIPAC controlling politics? To liberals I mean.

No, this is tantamount to supporting Dachau

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

yeah i was going to say this goading israel into lebanon is better than actually going into israel first

Gotcha, thanks Al-Saqr as well. So the problem is their best avenues to help are ones that will come at a cost to Lebanon as well, either via fighting the IDF in Lebanon or via retaliatory airstrikes in Beiruit and whatnot.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

pretty much theres no scenario where lebanon doesnt get bombed as well

Right, as is already happening, but I'm sure if they outright destroy some IDF columns they will also see apartment buildings and hospitals leveled, hence the reticence to fully commit so far. Was trying to understand Al-Saqr's frustration with them better and I do now.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

the bitcoin of weed posted:

its completely crazy to me how the IDF twitter can post like "We have exploded 300 buildings in Gaza to dust in the last 24 hours. That kindergarten was an ammo dump and the apartment block was hiding terrorists and that hospital was a command center and other targets were also hit" and most people just, accept this?

It's not just accepting it, most people are actively rooting for genocide and applaud it. Those excuses are just winks and nudges among polite company.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

so cool that even if true such a salacious story would justify the murder of thousands of children

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Free Al Saqr

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

proud of the brave mods for loving with a thread that did not ask for it because people that don't post in it are genocidal freaks

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

skipmyseashells posted:

having a bunch of people in sad pearl clutch about Jews being depicted as pigs while america and israel are discussing ‘a corridor to Egypt’ in the midst of their genocide is almost too much

I accidentally posted in the dnd thread too and was shocked by goons defending the idf and the settlers that are fair game too

i posted in there once and was probated for telling someone that Mariupol was not a worse humanitarian disaster than Gaza lmao

absolute freak poo poo

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Raccooon posted:

It’s pretty demoralizing to see how many people are cheering on the mass murder of Palestinians with glee. I don’t even understand where the hatred of this level of an oppressed people comes from.

most people are sadistic, violent, and genocidal and people that are not are the exception. places like this thread are islands of sanity

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

just a heads up, for all of the hate readers quoting me in SAD, i stand by everything i have said in this thread without remorse or regret, i will always say my piece and stand up against apartheid nazism, and if you disagree feel free to talk to me on this discussion i will politely have a discussion a out it with you and own you in the marketplace of ideas, its truly sad that you are too cowardly to do so and need to run to the principal because your fee fees got hurt, and you dont have any moral backbone or spine when the chips of humanity and decency against the forces of fascism and white colonialism are on the ground, but i never expected any less of people like you. im not gonna go into SAD to make my case or defend myself, i dont need to. here i stand, here are my thoughts, i can do no other. Free palestine, DTI.

Free al saqr

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Dti

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Free al saqr

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

river to sea

dti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

so glad the mods are too stupid to handle moderating a thread without making it so slow a child can do it