Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

How can you say that when he's probably the only person in history who can do a Kirk impression without doing a Shatner parody at the same time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

About Aziz's image vs. his actions: people have an incredible capacity for self-deception, and the longer you hold a truth about yourself to be self-evident without actively maintaining it, the easier it is to stray from it with justifications and value drift and plain old denial.

I'm sure in his mind he was ticking off all the gentlemanly consent-approving boxes with his self-depreciating comments and the lack of hearing a definitive "I do not consent to these sexual activities" type statement and her not outright slapping him while he was jamming his fingers down her throat and forcing her head on his dick. (seriously suppressing some :barf: here) His dating routine probably works with bile-churning frequency and it's been a long time since he's had to reconcile the Aziz in his mind's eye with the Aziz in the bedroom.

Please note that none of this is an excusing of his actions, very much the opposite. If you're so good at convincing yourself you're a woke male ally that you can make a living on it while behaving like this, for years, to the point that something like that woman's disgusting and heartbreaking story can happen repeatedly and not make you reevaluate yourself, you hosed up real bad.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Challenge mode: best shows of all time by decade.

And you have to tag whether you've seen at least five episodes of your pick directly or just looked up things you've heard were good/culturally absorbed without actual exposure.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

'50s: Science Fiction Theater
'60s: Mission Impossible.
'70s: M.A.S.H.
'80s: Max Headroom
'90s: X-Files
'00s: Fringe
'10s: Person of Interest

I like you.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I think if more shows were one and done self contained episodes with ongoing plots shoved way way way in the background like God intended, no one would be complaining about pacing issues.

A-loving-men brother.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

At least it's not going be as bad as 13 Reasons Why season 2.

26 Reasons Why?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vegetable posted:

Woooooooooooooooah that was not what I thought it would be

I thought it was going to be hot and it was

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Popelmon posted:

God the amount of nudity and loving in Banshee is just off the charts. Also the violence. I love this show.

Banshee is comfort food for the id.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

swickles posted:

Guys! Hey guys! You know that incredibly popular thing even my mom has heard of? Yeah I have never heard of it, except for like one instance which is how I recognized I should respond by saying how I have never heard of them! Imagine Dragons, uh I mean Dream Serpents, never heard of em. :smuggo:

OR

and I'm going out on a huge limb here

the average goon age is about 36 by now and not everyone -- especially those without kids -- has the time or gives the shits to keep up with all the latest goings-on in all 500 subgenres of pop media these days.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

IRQ posted:

It's also easier than ever to not be exposed to this stuff now that everyone can just stream what they want and largely avoid commercials if they want to. And if you're like me your taste in music probably solidified about 15 years ago and it most certainly isn't whatever Imagine Dragons is, although I have heard the name.

I was thinking about that as well, it's so much easier to avoid advertising and get more targeted/customized content these days that you can much more easily avoid exposure to things outside of your general tastes in the course of common consumption.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

This season of Mozart in the Jungle has a subplot about an AI conductor and Rogrido’s ghost Mozart muse being temporarily replaced by Liberace. It’s a lot of fun

Haha, that sounds amazing. I doubt anything will top the season with Monica Belluci though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

baseball is the least sexy thing in the world

It ain't bad when you're doing it in booty shorts.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The only thing worse than actually living through the 90s is everyone gushing about 90s nostalgia now. Everything did suck, call me back when we're all fondly remembering where we were on 9/11 again.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The proportions here make him look like a fat Cotton Hill.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sure but, on the other hand: Wincest

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did that really make the news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zINV9zY4kRw

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I'll allow it.

Weird stuff.

ROMULAN stuff.

You're such a pollyanna, Riker! I bet you kiss holograms!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Comrade Fakename posted:

Prediction: in the next 10 years or so, as 2000s nostalgia gets as big as 90s nostalgia is now, we will see a Firefly: The Next Generation-esque show where old Mal sells Serenity to a new plucky crew or something.

After a few more years pass and people finally realize the 90s actually sucked nostalgia will finally die.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I posted drat near every trailer from the upfronts and not a single new show looked good.

The commercials for "A Million Little Things" are just about offensive. "Our friend kills himself and a sappy overcoming-adversity-with-longing-stares-and-montages primetime soap opera comes out of it", gently caress offffff

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Flashpoint made sure my Amy Jo Johnson crush survived well into adulthood.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

less laughter posted:

The Good Place just pronounced gif as jif, cancel it immediately

A Modern Marvels episode about computers pronounced GUI as "gooey".

I miss that show.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

Colouring Black and White is loving stupid and always looks like artificial poo poo. This is no exception.

From Hell's searing red heart, Ted Turner stabs at thee.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

The Robin Williams episode is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

Only because he wasn't wearing a green suit with a giant question mark on it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Body shaming ain't cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFxcDlcDVG4

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

zoux posted:

Lol, Netflix is actually doing the CYOA thing

Don't tell me your opinion on this season of House of Cards until you have 100% completion

If you want Calculon to double check his paperwork, press 1

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Tim Burton's daughter or someone that really loves Tim Burton/Hot Topic

Far more imaginative than that, being a real person doing their own thing, for one: https://www.myrecipes.com/news/get-to-know-christine-mcconnell

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

I watched the last season of Roseanne itself and it was pretty funny yeah, outside of some of the worse Trump poo poo. Classic multicam writing by great performers. I’m looking forward to checking out The Conners.

I'm guessing the Trump factor will get dialed down now that Roseanne is gone, this can really only be an improvement. The Hogan Family lasted what, three or four seasons after Valerie Harper left?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

One guy has been doing Big Bird and Oscar since 1969?? That's gotta be one of the most epic runs of a continuous character performance (let alone two) in television history.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rarity posted:

Why is the Good Place thread always so awful?

Spoiler alert: the Good Place thread is actually the Bad Place thread

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Disenchanted got funny around the 8th or 9th ep. How long you hung around depended on how much you're into the setting.

I'm not into fantasy at all so I guess I'll just have to make do with any of the thousands of other good non-fantasy things to catch up on :shrug:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ironic TV Watching Leads To Unironic Bad Taste

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shageletic posted:

ugh angel poo poo ruined that show.

I have some good news for you

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I really wish Trekkies would stop passing around that loving monkey's paw.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

It's an anthology series. Season 2 is going to be God Swiped Right.

God Angry-Faced My Vaycay Post From Post-Hurricane Puerto Rico

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

zoux posted:

Oh like mega huge hypocrisy has stopped them before

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1056945297513885696

Her face is my response to this news (really, virtually any news about her).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chubby Henparty posted:

I feel like doing something stupid. What was the 'Christian allegory anime but its good and important' people mentioned a while back?

might have been another thread

I'm curious about this too, I remember reading that and thinking "this will either be very good or very stupid, nothing in between".

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

esperterra posted:

Devilman Crybaby?

Pretty sure that was it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

I thought Naomi Watts had an Oscar.

She's gonna have a Razzie after this

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

bull3964 posted:

I want a term for a sequel that discards all bad previous sequels since that's the new hot thing.

They already have one, "requel", largely thanks to Superman Returns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

How dare you. Datak Tarr is a coming.

Wynn Duffy went to a weird place after leaving Harlan