Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Hihohe posted:

Seriously, source your quotes guys. I though for a second you were all sad pieces of poo poo arguing over nothing for like 3 pages.

I got all excited at like 130 unread posts and came in here to find some kind of weird role-play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

Im on medication because doctors can't make sense of what's going on .

I'm sure that's why.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

:stonk: what a garbage website wow

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

DerekSmartymans posted:

It’s really stupid because what does it affect if you have a lot of sex instead of whackin’ your junk? It’s more fun but for a male (me) there’s nothing really physically different between the two (not including the intimacy that makes sex emotionally more healthy).

Before my divorce my wife and I had sex at least twice a day, seven days a week (not always PiV, but it slowed some once my son got old enough to get out of bed and open our door!).

I’m not trying to brag, I’m trying to imagine the physical difference (for men) between constantly loving and jerkin’ your business four times a day. Does this turd have a theory addressing this? I would really like to see the “methods” in that paper!

Also, my doctor straight up told me to not gently caress or masturbate for a week before my physical because I always had protein in my urine samples and I was on anti-psychotics that cause weight/metabolism trouble and he thought I was trending toward type 2 diabetes. Guess the protein source :agesilaus: [sub](again, this was twenty five years ago and I’ve not had any type of physical affection in three years so I’m passing the urine tests now)

Which subreddit is this from

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

hawowanlawow posted:

two sentence horror is truly one of the most reddit reddits

gently caress it, Dude. Let's go bowling.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Getting those cool lightning bolts Ed Harris had in Enemy at the Gates

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Then some other jackass comes along and makes a whole gimmick account out of it

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

learnincurve posted:

gently caress you people are making me feel old.

This sounds like opposite lane but the smoke did indeed magically disappear before it reached the rest of the plane. There used to be these vent things above the passenger seats which would suck all the smoke upwards and then pump fresh air in. The air quality on 1980s planes was much much better than the system of recirculating coronavirus we have today, even with the guy next to the 8 year old smoking and drinking all flight. That’s not an argument for bringing back smoking, but the fact that they were not forced to upgrade the poo poo air systems they use to day during the pandemic is an actual crime.

Air systems on planes haven't really changed, like, at all. It's all bleed air from the engines/APU in a unified and compartmentalized pneumatic system. There may have been negative pressure vents but even that air was just being pulled back into the same pneumatic system.

EDIT: also pressurized aircraft are not a closed system. There's always an outflow valve constantly letting out just enough air to maintain pressurization, so the air is constantly replaced with new bleed air. Yes, there's some recirculation, but not as much as you think.

Gomez Chamberlain fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 20, 2022

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've never read the reddit front page before and I checked it out now and just clicked on a "what happened to these celebrities" type thing. The first few comments I could understand but I scrolled down 3 pages and it's all random comments "He is now..." Wait, who's "he?" I can't tell who you are talking about because I have to follow the thin line a few pages up to see what comment they were responding to.

Maybe I'm a moron but I literally can't make sense of this interface.

No you have to be a moron to understand it, so you're good actually.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Heath posted:

Reddit: ban evasion in r/trains, long story

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
If it weren't for that stupid alien creature thing I'd have just assumed that was a Goon meetup tbh

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

I can't believe I read all of this expecting to understand what the gently caress, because I do not understand what the gently caress.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Turpitude II posted:

it's cause ai is based on widespread art theft. almost nobody whose art was fed into the ai to be trained on it consented to it and they have no legal protection from it. similar ai generators for music were only trained on non-copyrighted music because if you fed music into it that belonged to music companies and ai returned anything remotely recognisable, they would sue. "validity of ai art as art" is misdirection, people would not give a poo poo if ai art was sourced legally and ethically. instead ai art spits out stuff that has faux-signatures and watermarks because they wouldn't get artists to put their art in willingly, it's all scraped from art sites.

"dorks" "stark raving mad" "frothy" lol. reddit-rear end attitude.

Extemely correct post.

Also it's not "AI" not even remotely.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
That actually would rule because like every reddit-related thread is already just pages and pages of goons telling on themselves, might as well make it explicit.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Recent milk and steak derails, unrelated in the slightest. I read all threads on SA as if they are the schad thread.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Turns out the reddit was here all along

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Foo Diddley posted:

i read all that

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Orville Samuel Benjamin Laden

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Not of the Boston Benjamin-Ladens though, they're new money.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Party Boat posted:

yeah or actual images of animal abuse

also "meet with the police" in the uk at least is the polite version before they arrest you and interview you under caution anyway so it's generally recommended to do it (with a lawyer present obv) so that it's at least slightly on your terms, not sure what the american version is, tear gassing your gran and shooting your dog?

Generous to think they'd go non-lethal first.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
/r/Geico is also pretty much an employee organization zone and do they ever need it

Have a look if you want to be mad(der)

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Make out, holes, redditors have tons of experience with these things

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Strongly recommend 1password, worth the $2/month fee, and I've been using it for years. Excellent browser integration, local encryption, storage, cloud syncing across devices.

Avoid the hell out of lastpass.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Khanstant posted:

I agree billionaires shouldn't pay taxes, they should have their wealth and holdings forcibly redistributed and given lifetime community service sentences.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Professor Shark posted:

Life Hack: there are free screws EVERYWHERE

Only if you're cool

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
what the gently caress

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
If anything I'm shocked there aren't more comments

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
The redditor who shuns the shower pisser is the same redditor with a piss jug under their desk.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
I've been trying to talk two friends into accounts because they absolutely would enjoy it here but they balk at :10bux: even if I offer it as a gift. One of them I had to tell to stop sending me reddit links because I already saw it here and you can't open the drat things without the app consistently

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Pretty much that. It's about the obstacle not the required resources.

Honestly both are kinda broken by social media optimization, one when they visited me last year spent an incredible amount of time on my couch watching tiktok. This is where I learned about this thing people do where they put a split screen with unrelated video game footage while a video of people talking plays. I am afflicted so seeing that "made sense" but was low-key horrifying because the only reason to do it is hold eyeballs to trip some metric for $$$ while completely destroying your ability to cope with executive dysfunction in anything that's not tiktok.

I like this site because a) it suits my sensibilities and b) if there's cream rising to the tops of your reddits/tiktoks/facebooks/twitters it'll get skimmed here and I don't have to wade through all the extremely optimized for monetization bullshit to enjoy the few kernels of good stuff in the few areas I actually care about.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
That's not to say that this site and the Awful app aren't also degrading my coping skills, but that's more about me than SA optimizing or causing to be optimized the content for continuous, profitable consumption.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Sentient Data posted:

That's called solidarity among the working class :ussr:

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

AcidCat posted:

Reddit: A fiesta of problematic statements

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Lol reddit thread just went through a full reddit good/reddit bad cycle in like two pages

I truly believe we can tighten this up to 2, maybe 3 posts, tops.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Lol don't be weird about drinking water

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Simply do not use reddit? That works for me.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
Not a single stillsuit in sight, certainly no hood or mask or breathing tube, terrible actual water discipline.

Look at reddit stomping all over yet another marginalized culture for aesthetics.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
the what

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
:hmmyes: Mr. Coughy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Tweak posted:

The line between respecting a woman's opinion and helping her when her opinion is wrong :barf:

Lmao the title alone, don't even need to read further and wish I hadn't because christ what a loving creep