Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Zoe posted:

If feels great when you're only eating normal human sized meals and everyone around you is getting up from the table sluggish and visibly uncomfortable after massively overestimating the amount they need to be full but then determinedly demolishing the whole plate anyway even after reaching the point it causes them discomfort.

It feels great bringing healthy food to work and enraging the fatties just by eating lunch so that they can't restrain themselves from making catty comments. I love refusing donuts for the same reason. It REALLY upsets them to see another person showing even moderate restraint.

idk, feels pretty rad to down 3 burgers cause you can and dont have to give a gently caress and all those lesser people suck their salads like loving animals and lower their heads in fear of your majestic physique.

Works best if buff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Fartbox posted:

enjoy ur burgers man

im gonna enjoy this pussy :grin:

Eating lots of burgers, then pounding your chest in primal rage usually gets you some pussy.
Windowshaking burping may be required.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Blaise330 posted:

It’s like I’m watching embryos being cloned

what do you mean, "like" ?
what did you think this was?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
why even eat salad then?
get down on all fours and eat the lawn like a loving animal.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Somfin posted:

I'm squatting so much lower than I was when I started, I honestly can't explain where all this flexibility came from. drat near rear end to grass.

if you need an explanation why youre better in a thing that youve been doing for some while, the answer is possibly jesus.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Proud Rat Mom posted:

you burn more calories when posting bad

so thats why every goon looks like a chippendale?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Accretionist posted:

I at least need to make it to 2060.

What, pounds?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Trip report, cauliflower does indeed make an excellent "faux rice" which i came to like even more than real rice.
Just cut it up to rice-size in a blender or whatever, microwave for 7 minutes without additional water (put a plate on the bowl though) and serve however you would rice.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I go by the rule of thumb that a kilo bodyfat is roughly 7000-8000 calories (3500/pound) depending on where you check facts and how the moon correlates to mars, so lets just go by that.

To lose 17 pounds were looking at roughly 1 pound/2 days so roughly 1500-2000 calories deficit per day.
Every day.
For a month straight.

Possible, but i wouldnt recommend it.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Over There posted:

Oh yeah I'm not trying anything like that. Moreso just eating better, exercising, and not drinking and see what happens

Not drinking is possible the single best thing you can do, or start with. Combine with lifting heavy stuff, even if its yourself.
Looking good is not only decided by not being fat, but also by having muscle below the skin. wisdom that many girls dont possess, being not-fat doesnt equal looking good.
Its an excellent start however.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Over There posted:

Oh yeah I already have muscle under a little fat. I was super skinny at 124 and lifted till I was 160, then got an office job and got some fat layered on. Just trying to knock that off.

sure, i just mean if youre already knocking off fat, doing it by putting on muscle is basically two-for-one.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

just eat two spoons of peanut butter

it's like 500 calories

depends on the spoon

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
And breakfast looks like an acronym for fake breast but im too lazy to check

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I suddenly developed a strange craving for cottage cheese, which i couldnt stand for my entire life up to last week.
I mix it up with leaf spinach, eggs and mozzarella and/or ham and its loving amazing.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
My mistake was going for the "good" or renown brands, the cheapest piece of poo poo manufacturer produced one that i could basically bury myself in

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mozi posted:

this is the real inconvenient truth

only if you belive in thermo *snort* dynamics

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

tino posted:

How do you guys estimate the calorie different between hot food and cold food? Sometimes I want to heat up the salad and eat it hot. Sometimes I get lazy and just eat cold leftover chicken wings off fridge.

as long as it isnt cheese, it doesnt really matter that much

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

tino posted:

Why is cheese the exception?

its not really an exception other than it can store thermal energy really well and introduces that into your system.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ThingOne posted:

Everyone I know's been supportive so I guess I'm lucky there but I've noticed people tend to deflate when my magical secret is "counting my calories".

Of course people dont wanna hear they have to put some actual effort in it.
Whats next, tell them to move their asses?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

But this includes the piss, right?
I mean you didnt poo poo on a scale, right?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Stinky_Pete posted:

I've hit 223, saw 226 this week and got worried, but I just kept doing what I'm doing, gettin' my salads with the black beans and tuna, had roughly a beer a night but just didn't eat as much by getting engrossed in other things, now yesterday morning and this morning I have been in the 223 frame. Started at 238 lbs in June. Slow progress allows me to gently and consistently apply the pressure release valve for when I'm caught up in stress and circumstance, while not totally flying off the handle. 200 calorie surplus instead of binging for 800.

Had grapes and protein drink for breakfast today before my kung fu class. Remembering that some people in the world eat one raw food for 95% of their diet helps me do that without getting paranoid about it. Chewing down a bunch of spinach right out the bag is always an option. In college I used to dump thousand island in the bag and shake it up. So dumb. Now I just eat it raw or sautee it for a curry or with mushrooms. I guess I'm thankful that I like spinach so much. It just looks perfect to the point of being more basic than lettuce, yet lettuce is the basic one in popular culture.

spinach + cottage cheese makes for one helluva snack.
if you want, a bit of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper (or soy sauce) doesnt hurt either.

also "corn salad" or "lamb´s lettuce" as dict.cc informs me is the english name, is an excellent choice if you want something besides spinach every now and then.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Hambulance posted:

Some people are just ugly. :gonk:

If youre ugly you should have a twice as hot body so lift twice as much weight

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So hows your excess skin?
Im serious, how did it work out for you?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
i will devise and build a toilet with built-in scale and become loving super rich!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Biohazard posted:

That's actually a pretty great idea. I'm guessing the Japanese already have something like this though, they love their toilet tech.

I could indeed have goggled first and dreamt of riches later...

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2009/01/12/toilet-seat-scale-tells-you-how-much-weight-is-lost-after-you-take-a-dump/

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
squats

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
when in doubt, more squats
or more difficult squats

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Edgar posted:

I lost 40 pounds the past six months. Using simply, calories in vs calories out. 36 more pounds to my goal. Only thing I have not done was exercise.. maybe I should incorporate that

But what about starvation mode?
A friend recently got told by a loving certified nutritionist that you cant lose weight if you eat too little as your body stops burning reserves and... just runs on love and sunlight i guess.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

i dont understand eating windows. just count calories and eat when you get hungry. if you find youre hungry at parts of the day, spread it out

Well basically its another level to up you gains / losses.
If you already cico/lowcarb why not do it within a certain timeframe?

Heres a rundown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6KClPkotxM

tl;dr: if you just eat whatever you eat within a shorter window you gain muscle for free! Trainers now hate you!

edit: anecdotal evidence: i am down 3 kilos after 1 week of eating within a 9 hour window
edit 2: coffee or tea is eating. Everything thats metabolizued counts as "eating".

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jan 26, 2019

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dixville posted:

Uh no you can have plain coffee or tea during fasting, that's fine. Don't add sugar or milk to it though.

She explicitly says that caffeine is a xenobiotic and tehrefor gets metabolzed and therefor breaks fasting

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dixville posted:

I don't know who that person is or what those pseudo scientific words mean but okay. Coffee and tea have negligible calories. I guess they could theoretically modulate your bodies metabolism so maybe you aren't utilizing your own fat/glycogen stores the same way you would without. Generally people who do intermittent fasting still get good results drinking diet drinks and other minimal calorie things during fasting but do what works for you!

so you dont understand those words but you know better than the scientist.
ok.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Dregs posted:

There seems to be a lot of back and forth on that, and about every other facet of 'windowed' eating. From what I have seen, there are people who have done fine losing weight and getting healthy with every variation of these diets. So find one that works for you and go with it. Don't be that guy who shits on people for having a cup of tea because you watched Joe Rogan for gently caress's sake.

That being said, I still drink lots of caffeine on my off days. I just omit the sugar and cream. My wife drinks hers with about 70 calories of cream and sugar and just omits it from her 500 calories. My brother gave up coffee entirely.

I am sure counting calories is a good thing, but it just seems really tedious to me, and I know I'd gently caress it up because I've hosed it up a million times already. If it works for people, that's awesome. I envy you. For me counting to 500 on one day and not giving a poo poo the next seems to be working so far. This cico thing is fun, though.

Its not about joe fcking rogan, but a scientist on his show, thats a bit of a difference.
its also about literally exactly said cup of coffee or not, and if a scientist says its not ok and some random goon says "its ok", im inclined to trust the scientist, but maybe thats just me.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Piggy Smalls posted:

Dumped all my alcohol down the drain 3 days ago. Noticed my face isn’t so bloated anymore. I’m 100% sure I will see more weight loss now. I also am trying to get rid of any bread intake. Does that vegetable type spaghetti help with weight loss?

Im adamant in my belief that carbs are the devil incarnate, so i will support any choice of NOT consuming them.
Like bread.
I recently discovered DIY protein bread, which is 5carbs/100g and is basically the best thing since tummyrubs.

Other than that, ditch bread, rice, sweets, sugar, alcohol, soft drinks, pasta in all forms and as long as you dont overdo it on calories in return, i guarantee you will lose fat.
As far as i read and heard, carbs also help store water in fat cells, so less carbs means less water stored, which in turn means less bloat.

As an example, when i go on a 3-day fast, i lose 3-4 kilos. This is water, maaaaybe 1 kilo of fat but mostly water.
This is confirmed in the fact that i can regain those 3-4 kilos in almost 1.5 days which can-not be pure fat.

In short, gently caress carbs, go fat+protein, do weight training.
But also good loving job so far.

e: I also had great results with cutting out in-between snacking, leading to intermitted fasting (6 hour food intake window) ultimately going for OMAD.
Not for everyone and i dont say everyone should do it, but i will say that its worth a try and you can only condemn something if you have tried it at least once. Like buttsex.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 7, 2019

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
When i decided i was fed up (excuse me) with being fat some 6 years ago, it was the current weight loss thread on these boards that gave me a helpful guideline: desired weight in kilos x 20 = calories
Since i figured i should be around 80 kilo i cut down to 1600 calories and started a disciplined workout.
I shed weight like a camel.

Before, i tried eating less, which was kinda without results,
then i started working out, which also didnt yield remarkable results.
Then i did both and magically i got into shape.

Its stupidly easy if you just do it right, i was angry at me for how long i just did it wrong.
I havent hit a gym in my life, i just read convict conditioning and followed the veterano program combined with 1600 calories a day and no carbs.
10-15 minutes of training, at home, each day, and not eating poo poo is all it took.
If you think about it, you can totally absolutely destroy yourself in 10 minutes flat, no need for 2 hour sessions in stunk up rooms full of sweaty chuds. A clean pushup takes 4 seconds, thats 15 a minute, 150 in 10 minutes if you dont break down before that. And thats the workout for this particular day.
If 150 pushups in a single sitting dont kill you, you dont need any workout advice.
And the same goes for squats, pullups, leg raises, you name it.

In my youth, i was usually the fattest kid in class, up to finishing high school.
Now I am close to 40 and in the shape of my life.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Piggy Smalls posted:

Thanks for the advice. I can say that looking in the mirror I don’t see the fat jowls I was seeing before. I did read that since alcohol dehydrates it can swell you up. I can attest that giving up alcohol has made my face thinner.

It may dehydrate, but it usually comes with lots of hydration so thats kinda a myth like with coffee.
Alcohol is sugar, thats really all you need to know.
Sugar helps fat store water.

You would be amazed how much piss you can produce when you dont eat for two days.
Thats all the surplus water your body stored.
Why do you think body builders cut their water intake to 1 glass before the competition?
Excess water shows, much of what you think is fat might in fact be water.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Twat McTwatterson posted:

well you're right about the not eating poo poo part, but LMAO at your little baby work out. you might be in the best shape of YOUR life, but holy gently caress your baby workout is pathetic.

It gets you in shape, thats all it needs to do.
Also post a video of you doing 150 pushups in one go or stfu, tyvm.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

Worst part of losing is weight is I'm so loving cold now.

otoh, summers are way more attractive when youre less fat.

When i was 220, summer was a sweaty miserable nightmare for me, but winter was fine with a shirt and a sweater.
Then i went down to around 170 and sumemrs were fine, in return i needed an extra layer in winter.

Since ive stopped smoking im back to 220, 225, and im loving glad summer is over again.

As for eating less, try to find something that fills the void the food is leaving.
Im by no means suggesting to pick up smoking, but i know that food is filling the void that cigarettes have left, and i ve not yet found a suitable substitute (that isnt food or drink).

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

LordArgh posted:

I once went 100 hours without eating anything, not for weight loss but just to see if I could do it and what it was like. It loving sucked and I felt cold constantly. Would recommend.

I did 10 days, just to see if i could.
Ive had done intermitted before, did 3 days, 5 days and 7 days before, and then wanted to see how far i could go.

In the end it wasnt hunger or feeling ill that made me stop, but the sheer craving of chewing food and experiencing the taste.
Hunger-wise i coulda gone a few more days im sure, there is literally no hunger after day 2-3 because your body is provided "food" 24 hours straight.
I did take vitamins though, and had coffee and tea.
Oh yeah and i smoked of course.

But everyone should be able to go 1 or 2 days without eating, its something we just unlearned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

feelix posted:

We also unlearned living in caves and dying at 30 of an infected scratch

in turn we learned to get fatter than 3 average persons tied together and needing moving chairs to get around.

not stuffing your face for a loving day is something a healthy individual should be able to do without problems tbh.
if you cant cause youre experiencing serious withdrawal symptoms, theres a good reasons to just do it.