Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Serf posted:

i know, that's why i suggested assistance

who cares, everybody on this earth is terrified of standing out, and we find one beautiful boy who cannot stop owning the libs, and this is what you talk about.

who cares. it’s literally “but how will you get a job with those tattoos?”

shut up you loving cowards, and find the weird thing that makes you happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Serf posted:

making fun of americans who fake british accents to sound smart is what makes me happy

we finally found a way to ask somebody “is that really how you talk?” without inadvertently being racist, ableist or sexist, and we are gonna ride til we can’t no more

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Ace of Baes posted:

if you don't understand why it's ridiculous and you should make fun of it imagine he was doing a fake Italian accent

that would be even better.

lean into loving the weird poo poo that doesn’t hurt anybody, otherwise you’re just trying to get old early

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Ace of Baes posted:

if it's Chapo or whatever sure but he's a serious politics person or at least trying to pretend to be one

the idea that there is some kind of badging or certification system to define serious politics people is giving me a tickle rn

none of its serious, if the mask hasn’t been yanked entirely off for you by now idk man

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I just lead three days of onsite discovery meetings in my Foghorn Leghorn voice and not once did any of those cucks dare mention it.

SEEAH HEAH, LET’S CHEW THROUGH THIS A HEAH PROCESS DIAGRAMUH, AH SAY

selec
Sep 6, 2003

lmaoooo

edit:
I still think he gets away with the accent so long as he keeps destroying right wing fuckheads like jordan peterson or shapiro or dismantling robotic corporate dems like buttgieg. it’s an eccentricity for sure but enjoy it and enjoy his work for the project.

but Jesus lol his mom owned him for eternity there

selec has issued a correction as of 04:53 on Oct 5, 2019

selec
Sep 6, 2003

sometimes you have to hang out with weirdos for access to good drugs

selec
Sep 6, 2003

exmarx posted:

feeling attacked

LITTLE SIMZ

selec
Sep 6, 2003

pretty sure Duncan goes Sanders, from following his steady radicalizing twitter feed.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Crane Fist posted:

Every remotely left podcast episode from the beginning of this year is going to be very painful in hindsight

couldn’t be more painful than the events they discuss

selec
Sep 6, 2003

i think of demons posted:

yeah, i did have a dream about a big feral goat that somehow got in the house and i yelled "goat" in obvious fright when i woke up. but you can't make fun of me. check out this paper.

heavy vibes

selec
Sep 6, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Inward Empire finished with their five-part series on Ngo Dinh Diem and South Vietnam (in July, haha, but I personally only finished listening to it yesterday).

Strong recommend from me for anyone interested in the time period.

seconding! it’s very well researched and told.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Bro Dad posted:

i just want a banana

which is a kind of sausage

selec
Sep 6, 2003

crepeface posted:

saruman and sauron are completely different characters you imbeciles you absolute morons

one of them is the lady from Metroid and the other one is a transformer right

selec
Sep 6, 2003

[Conor Freedork voice] taintrunner is right, but for the wrong reasons

selec
Sep 6, 2003

this dude is a pro-follow if you aren’t already. Great politics and good taste.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

some plague rats posted:

That's loving boss but if his id is "steely dan guy" he should be humanely destroyed before he infects the others

the Dan is loving amazing and disliking them isn’t a personality

selec
Sep 6, 2003

some plague rats posted:

That's true but fortunately I have personality for days so when I say they're shitass nonsense you know I'm not compensating for anything

I have bad news, as a intercontinental player with several failed scams in my wake and a high functioning addict, I trust Peter Gunz over you

selec
Sep 6, 2003

nikosoft posted:

I wish I could grow a beard, everyone seems fixated on them so they must be amazing

mine was red (despite me being dishwater blonde) and is now going grey and when you get it oiled and it’s glistening like a prophet’s on date night, it’s magical

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I bought a ten pound box of blueberries from the Amish store yesterday, and a half bushel of peaches. Michigan blueberries are on hit right now if you can get some. Wash, dry and freeze what you can’t eat.

also Koala’s March was an absolute poo poo lol

selec
Sep 6, 2003

TheMightyBoops posted:

lol that a smattering of twitch kids saw Sargon and though: “that looks cool, I’ll be that for the left.” Dire stuff.

I’m listening to P.O.D Cast and I’ve actually stopped to listen to some albums as I go through it. Limp Bizcuit album felt like listening to a novelty cd or something, Deftones’ fur coat or whatever it was called was boring in general (there may be okay stuff later I stopped after
2 songs), the first Korn album I think might actually be good. For context the only Nu Metal I’ve heard was on the radio in the early 2000s.

did you miss this absolute loving banger on Around The Fur?

https://youtu.be/KvknOXGPzCQ

which also had this awesome acoustic version

https://youtu.be/tl_810fWawM

all of which reminds me of this seminal text

https://youtu.be/CuqEpjcBfaU

selec has issued a correction as of 15:54 on Jul 31, 2021

selec
Sep 6, 2003

TheMightyBoops posted:

That first song has a really cool breakdown and the rest of the song sort of sounded like Radiohead to me; I also really like Slint so idk why it just doesn’t do it for me.

edit: I’m suspecting it’s either how it’s mixed or my headphones are just lovely.

good cans are a QOL issue. I have a pair of Sony MDR headphones that I’ve had for about 25 years now that are kingly, and I got a pair of Bluetooth over ear headphones for my phone that do alright for like 30 bucks

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Dmitri-9 posted:

If you love the way they sound you are probably as hosed in the head as they are.

it’s just nice to know you’re not the only anhedonic nihilist atlantean nationalist out there

selec
Sep 6, 2003

TheSlutPit posted:

dudes rock, but like, inclusively

dude/dudettes/dudex rock!*

* HR HAS INSTRUCTED US ALL TO STATE A DUDE PREFERENCE IN OUR INTRANET PROFILES

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Nanomashoes posted:

As a PoC (person of Chicago), you should not say you guys.
You should be saying youse guys.

let’s get a dub of hay, joe

selec
Sep 6, 2003

i say swears online posted:

i think pinschers are the scariest-looking dog

minpins are lil sweeties!

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Dreylad posted:

there's a cool russian guy who restores soviet-era machine tools which used a lot of wooden parts instead of plastics. love to see alternate technological development

same with forgotten weapons. ian loves talking about that poo poo

ok I kinda need this Russian guy in my life

selec
Sep 6, 2003

TheMightyBoops posted:

"Hey, ma, I gotta get home and hit the drippini." Is so good. A person too pure to exist.

this guy in 1945: “listen toots, and listen good: let’s leg it to the nest, I need some time in the drizzle box.”

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Greg Legg posted:

There hasn't been a cushvlog for a long time and that sucks because I enjoyed listening to them.

his editor sent him an email with the transcripts of all of them pasted in and a note that said “content is ready, now make it a book”

selec
Sep 6, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

His kid didn't know how to open a can of beans and instead of helping her he just recorded her attempts at opening the can. I don't give a poo poo about it either way but people were talking about cancel culture going to far and things like that lmfao.

it was literally “figure out this simple machine, child” and anybody with a problem with it is a loving psycho. his only mistake was posting.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

he literally starved his kid for hours lol

literally hours.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

a couple of my bros went through breakups early-mid pandemic and we all started hanging out in person more to support them and just kept doing it. we have a WhatsApp but we all get together at least once a week to puff and bitch and play a game or watch a movie, and collectively our mental health has been helped immensely by it.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

a Loving Dog posted:

you constantly post both your weird sex poo poo and your own picture on these forums, why the gently caress would i need to save or catalogue anything when you just blast it out like you're somehow proud of what you are

you have to be able to love yourself before you can love anyone else lil guy

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Gripweed posted:

It's amazing that someone bought you that av because they thought that post made you look bad

some real sickos haunting DND

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Azathoth posted:

didn't Thomas Chatterton Williams have an absolute meltdown a while back over not getting verified? or am I thinking of a different pretentious dipshit?

that was him.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

I was gonna say Blowback Season 3 should be the Vietnam War, but 60s Africa is real good too.

They loving murdered Lumumba.

the alliance of western governments propping up apartheid SA would be good too

selec
Sep 6, 2003

gay_crimes posted:

didn’t he just get divorced lol

I’m sure somebody can be very normal and dig up the docs for you buddy

selec
Sep 6, 2003

korben posted:

pod save fans having a meltdown over john favstar having liz bruenig on his show lol

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1472592769676115975

the replies are bananas. leftists have bullied self-aware centrist liberals who are not in on the graft into existence

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Maximo Roboto posted:

He's not wrong in that war between China and Taiwan would basically destabilize the global system as we know it.

it’s a crap system, let’s go for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

I already have a dry flower vape, I'm just trying the pens out of boredom

Instead I bought another cheapo one, but this time tie dye colored

yocan, buddy, yocan