Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Is the game out yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bargearse posted:

Oh gently caress I just figured out exactly why Sandi Gardiner bothers me so much. She looks way, way too much like my ex girlfriend from like years ago.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hannibal Rex posted:

So, seeing how this thread has some inside knowledge, is there any consensus whether this was a scam from the start, or if they only turned it into one once they realized they had tapped into an endless money fountain?

I believe the CEO actually thought this was a thing that could be done. The VP, and marketing person, was probably treating it as a way to scam money, and "fame", from nerds from the start.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Thom12255 posted:

He also had a secret blog where he said some vile poo poo - I can't really remember the particulars of it but it was outrageous to most of the community - and he was shuffled away from the public face of the company after it.

It wasn't secret at all. Here's the GBS thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772600

Would never have found it if he hadn't tweeted it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I bought Rebel Galaxy Outlaw today. 3 hours of play time and it seems good.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

You guys catch the latest All Wings Considered episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTiISI52Xmo

I still can't believe he's still THIS into the game.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

no_recall posted:

ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL ShitizenConned 2019 Raffle!

Top 3 Prizes: a month of Humble Monthly!

SO. Lets get to it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GUESS THE NUMBER ON THE FUNDING TRACKER BY 1st DEC.

GO.

p/s: Please quote this so I don't have an excuse accidentally exclude your participation.

e: Participation closes the minutes before the Con. Nov 23 1PM GMT. (or when the Stream Begins).

1$

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wow.

I'm guessing these are all sold out now? lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

skeletors_condom posted:

Here is an ascending list of our estimates for total fundraising as of December 1. Looks like UnknownTarget had the closest estimate if we assume that the time period ends at midnight Saturday in PST.

spacetoaster 1$
Zaphod42 1m

:colbert:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I wish the thread that listed all the dumb events, and effort posts about said events, hadn't been disappeared because the stolen art post had a bunch of funny stuff in it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Renfield posted:

-Sponsorship by SquattyPotty

No way....

Am I being trolled? Is this a troll?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

There is a summary thread

Or was?

Was. I think they archived it.

I asked the mod to leave it in the wild because I was updating it on occasion.

But I can't get to it anymore.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773270

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pixelate posted:

This?

Star Citizen Thread Recap

(Seems like it's kinda preserved here)

Yeah, that's a good one.

Mine was more descriptive about events/fuckups (Benghazi, paarp, gamescon2015, etc).

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Real. A backer is like a rep for the company.

Beet Wagon posted:

Which one? The "recap" thread is in the goodmine, and the "historical catalog of star citizen drama" one is in the archives

Yeah, it went to the archives.

Who knew that CIG would continue to gently caress up into the 2020's?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

XK posted:

Honestly, this is worse than Stimpire.

Edit: Also, confirming the Squatty Potty thing as an actual thing that happened.

There are entire series of citizen photoshopping themselves doing stuff in the "verse", and all of them are pretty terrifying.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

hot ham water posted:

Would love some links for these lists, for people late to the party and who love to laugh

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773270

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CIG contest finalist being arrested, and imprisoned, for being a sex offender.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Seraph84

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Derek SMART!

and space court.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

Sandi getting called out for dropping donuts on table in front of overweight coworkers trying to lose weight, subsequent appearance on program staring directly and challengingly into camera while eating tim-tams.

It wasn't just donuts. She made it a thing she did all the time on air.

The funniest thing I can remember is waaaaaay back on wingman's hanger they were talking about awards that some of the programmers had earned in the industry, the Sandi had to come on an episode later and show off some plaque she had made that said "Best marketer ever" that was engraved on particle board.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 6, 2020

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Remember when Chris's family got doxxed by his IMDB page?

(this is a joke, they weren't really doxxed. SC defenders were claiming that they were doxxed because someone linked their IMDB pages somewhere)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

G0RF posted:

That was a gift from a backer. He’d sent plaques for most of the faces on Wingman’s show.

Ah, ok.

Gifts from backers is almost enough content for it's own thread.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

G0RF posted:

Just imagine the gifts we DON’T know about.

Sheesh yeah. A lot of the big orgs would take up donations from members (some orgs had hundreds of members, a few had thousands) to buy crazy expensive stuff for Chris and Sandi.

A few things I can remember are LOTS of expensive alcohol and having pricey food delivered. Also cigars and custom toys.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

And just because this was in the same folder as that image:

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 7, 2020

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol I had forgotten that they tried to get me in trouble for calling someone on reddit a dumbass here.

Amazing

My drama thread, that nobody can read anymore, had an entry on that. :mad:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

This one?

It's readable for anyone who has archives, nerd.

Yep. Most folks don't have archives. Nerd?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DapperDon posted:

You decide!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I wonder where they stole that art from.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

You bunch of filthy leavers.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DapperDon posted:

Derek Smart WAS right.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I was told there was some slurring in here?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Remember that time at the German Citcon where Sandi sang the wrong anthem?

To this day I'm a little peeved that CIG managed to completely scrub that from the internet.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DapperDon posted:

Let's not forget her Nazi Anthem performance. That is a very real and very racist thing that happened.

Still mad they got away with removing the video of that and nobody has a copy.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Does Lesnick's toilet come with LTI?

Rude!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

Is it time yet for us all to start wearing clear plastic bags on our heads just like Chris foresaw?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TheAgent posted:

supposedly theres been an influx of refund requests begging for any money back on their accounts. Policy is to send out their standard refund email or not respond at all

ship market is dead, with sellers at OBOs not getting any takers. the whole house of worthless jpgs has fallen overnight

Nice.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Taking a break from half life alyx. It's good. Very good.

I'm still loling that a new half life game came out before SC collapses.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Have they said anything about Mark Hammil, Gary Oldman, or Gilean Anderson lately?

I can't imagine how they'll shoehorn in all that old footage they have of them. Or if they even have the rights to use any of it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Is there a game yet? I'm guessing not.

I'm also guessing that Chris is still saying yes to every fantasy idea that gets thrown his way?