Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

yo.but what gender were the dogs??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Farm Frenzy posted:

https://twitter.com/MCUPerfectGifs/status/1448933958373228545 "this looks good" - several freaks and psychopaths who post in this thread

gently caress yeahj... dope...

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

500 good dogs posted:

the movie is funny and good if you have even the most mild case of cspam brain and you should watch it

Ya i was surprised, worth it for meryl's trump and jonah hill's don jr alone imo

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

mawarannahr posted:

meryl streep was exactly as she is in every other movie, real boring and overacted.

shes a treasure....

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Judakel posted:

frances mcdormand is a better actress than streep

The gently caress

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

StashAugustine posted:

havent gotten around to the new matrix but i rewatched the original and it still goes hard

Think ill just smoke up and do this

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Serf posted:

rewatched "big trouble in little china" and that movie still rules. kurt russell and victor wong are loving perfect in that movie

its one of those little perfect gems

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

StashAugustine posted:

got around to watching fire walk with me and it owned

U r prepped for season 3

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

he's good folks, he's good

also cant see pattinsons face these days and not year 'YA FAWWRTS, YER loving FAWWRTS'

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Suplex Liberace posted:

Jazz is having the best years of its life rn, so many great albums are coming out and in so many varieties.

tell me what contemporary jazz to listen to, i want to know

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

nice, taking this all for later

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Tankbuster posted:

Excuse me it had that one episode where a tiny indian dude crawls out of corpses to kill white people.

that one really f'ed me as a child. Nightmares for weeks

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Some Guy TT posted:

so am i supposed to know what white noise is or is this trailer being super vague about the movies premise because it was made by a bunch of pretentious wankers

It's a don delillo novel that was acclaimed at release. It's about a professor of 'Hitler Studies' and his family, who are exposed to a mysterious Unexplained Atmospheric Event (some kind of industrial catastrophe iirc). This becomes a catalyst for him to slowly realize the alienating and inhuman nature of late capitalism. It feels a bit of its time but an adaptation could be interesting

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Crain posted:

Literally: "What if I, Joanne Rowling, were the actual victim of transphobia, and that I, the hero of reality, were the one facing attacks that trans activists are currently facing in reality? "

uhhhh it's called having an imagination!!!! last time i checked i thought that was a good thing!!!!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

f kin beautiful, that is. I lost it at the smirking dwarf and it just kept going

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Ruth Bat-Seraph was born near Jerusalem, Israel. She was raised on a special kibbutz run by the Israeli government after her power manifested. Ruth was the first superhuman agent to serve with the Mossad (the Israeli secret service). She became a police officer in addition to serving as a government agent. Her first public act as Sabra was a battle with the Hulk, whom she mistakenly believed was working with Arab terrorists operating in Israel.[2] Not long after that, Sabra was chosen as a pawn of Death in the latter's game against the Grandmaster. There, she met Iron Man and the Arabian Knight, and battled She-Hulk and Captain Britain.[3] She later appeared at the Hulk's amnesty ceremony in Washington, D.C.[4] Some years later, Sabra's young son was killed in a terrorist attack. She disobeyed orders in order to bring her son's killers to justice.

Lmfao

awesome... hell yeah

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Combining the last page of Napoleon and Bettany chat to remind everyone to watch Master & Commander and also read the books

they are god tier

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

You just reminded me somehow of 2007's The Painted Veil. A good? movie. I remember it being very atmospheric and also ponderous and not a great message?

it's very pretty. has some sexpat apologia and the china setting is basically set dressing for the not-terribly interesting drama between norton and watts though

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Justin Tyme posted:

old movie trailers are so loving bad, there are trailers for classic bangers that make them look like b-movie trainwrecks and back in the day a good trailer apparently means give away every single plot point and story beat to the point where they'll show the hero doing the hero quip/big moment where they like throw the villain off a cliff or whatever

trailers still happily spoil whole movies, that will never change

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

do you need to have read children to get god emperor? I read the first 2 last year but stayed away from 3 tho have remained curious about 4

it sets it up but u could also just read the wiki summary u know? god emperor really is a trip and worth reading though. but uhh maybe stop there

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

praxis of evil posted:

theyve all been friends with Andi for years but no one knows about her twin sister?

well they do, they just dont think andi is dead

Anyway the movie is fairly fun but rian is no agatha christie and probably should have had, idk, gillian flyn or whoever do a few passes over his script

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

he's a fine, clever writer but he wants to be so goddamned sure that you see the clever thing he did and that desperation is very off-putting

yeah p much. Hes ham handed

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Watched the 1963 Hill House tonight, still slaps

Suffer little children
Suffer little children
Suffer little children

ELEANOR COME HOME

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Xaris posted:

the problem with John Wick movies is they are too good

(also imo they're increasingly Doom Eternalizing with each sequel. i hope they curtail some of the eternalizing in JW4. also it's simultaneously cool-over-the-top cheesy that every single person ever to exist in the world, from every single bum ever to grocer shoppers, is "in on it",, it's also a little too ridiculous that like normal people don't exist.

the plotting is indeed increasingly dire. also all the villains after wimpy ol theon and his papa have sucked

but yeah still fun watches on the whole

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

indigi posted:

its absurd but I thought the Keanu + Halle Berry + dogs fight in 3 was awesome, very dynamic with lots of camera movement, and his fight with the Raid guys in the glass museum or whatever was good and funny. plus when he loads the shotgun with steel ball bearings and just deletes guys' heads.

i liked the knife throwing back and forth scene

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The Tim and Eric Bedtime Stories episode they got him for is great too. He gets to tell a young man that all of the semen he ejaculated while masturbating in his parents' home was collected in a septic tank and that it was picked up by a tornado and dropped on a Catholic Hospital.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKgX3ekVVXA

that show is so loving good

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

josh04 posted:

i am a fan of when a story has a grubby guy or gal who is pigeon king. john wick, neverwhere, on the waterfront, home alone 2. it's always good

Batman Returns
(penguin is an honorary pigeon king)

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

lmao

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

that thread sucked and that person is bad at watching the sopranos

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

goons love daria because it glorifies being a sarcastic and unpleasant upper middle class teenager

hard hitting cspam analysis i cra ev

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I havent seen daria

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

apropos of nothing, man Dunkirk was a poo poo movie, nolan retire bitch

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

indigi posted:

I guess just two. interstellar was an awful story but a solid movie

this is fair

re; oppenheimer, i suspect that one ep in twin peaks season 3 will remain top dog of media on the creation of the atom bomb

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

i couldnt stand dunkirk for its trademark-nolan inaudibility, its totally superfluous mixed chronology, the heavy handed mythologizing, the lack of context for anyone not already familiar with the events depicted (saw it with my family).
it did have tom hardy in a spitfire ill give it that

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Mantis42 posted:

Tim and Eric's Bedtime Stories

fuckin amazing show that everyone itt should watch

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

1stGear posted:

I really like Bong Joon-ho as a filmmaker. I evangelized the Host and Snowpiercer back before he was cool, I bought a copy of Parasite, even went to a movie theater during COVID because it was the only chance I was ever going to have to see Memories of a Murder on a big screen (and it was worth it).

But if you put a gun to my head and told me to watch Okja, I'd tell you to pull the loving trigger.

okja is good though

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

galagazombie posted:

Why is there never someone crawling out of the woodwork to tell us about how Sir Gawain was a nazi? Was The Green Knight fascist apologia?

quite the contrary, the Green Knight's anonymous (probably priestly) author uses the Arthurian legend to criticize his contemporaries, Edward III and his grandfather Edward Longshanks, their revival of Arthurian romance and play-ritual to unify the English nobility in wars of aggression against Christian neighbors in the Isles and overseas, and particularly III's shameful rape of a vassal's wife.

it's also just a lovely poem

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Xaris posted:

capital will automatically re-organize and invent new super antiheroes or grimdark super heroes or other children entertainment. ultimately as long as parents just want widdle jonny to be quiet for 2 hours, there will be superheroes.

cant u say the same thing about westerns though.

im waiting for hollywood to hit on wuxia as the next successful formula

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

i cant actually watch this rn but i assume.the gist is that there were westerns with actual artistic merit, which, fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Mantis42 posted:

That's from Kung Fu Hustle

Gd that movie rules so hard