Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

That's so loving creepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dammerung posted:

I'm not sure if I would agree with that. He was meeting Chris Evans and probably thought it would be a fun way to normalize his injury and make Chris feel comfortable.

I don't mean the general action of what he was trying to do, the execution is creepy. The white of the eye being black or dark blue looks creepy as gently caress

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, they have like 2 grand after living a nice lifestyle and saving 40k a year for retirement and 12k a year for college funds. Sounds like they have a reasonable budget for their income, despite living in a loving mansion of a house considering that monthly mortgage.

And $24k in equity in their home, so $76k per year total in assets

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really don’t understand. Trump withstood the fallout from the Mueller Report. He got away with it. It was over and people moved on. Why the gently caress is he directing an international conspiracy to... I don’t even know what about it?

I know he’s a raging dumbass but this seems beyond the pale.

Lemming posted:

Every time this brainless moron says the dumbest thing he's ever said I think "this is it, this is as dumb as it gets" and then he always surprises me, and I think about having that thought over and over

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Grouchio posted:

Isn't she getting $7 million in campaign fundraising to keep her seat?

I thought I read some research somewhere that there was some sort of max on the effectiveness of campaign funds, like at some point you just get diminishing returns and more is not always better. I assume that she's already precarious enough with the Kavanaugh vote that she'll finish off her own chances to either win the primary by voting to convict or the general by not voting to convict regardless of how much dark money is behind her

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump believes that the emails are physically printed paper in a vault somewhere. He has sub-Zoolander understanding of how computers work.

*were, and then Hillary used acid to destroy them

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah and he also legit believes schiff lied becauase he couldnt stand how perfect trumps call was. i mean honest to god, does trump have the capacity to understand right and wrong?

There's a South Park episode where Jimmy creates a joke and over the course of the episode Cartman has flashbacks to that moment and in every one it changes more and more until it's of him creating the joke instead and everyone talking about cool and smart and funny he is. I think that's literally how Trump works. He is completely unable to engage with reality. His brain just warps it until he's right about everything.

He started claiming the Access Hollywood video was loving faked https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/25/us/politics/trump-roy-moore-mcconnell-alabama-senate.html?_r=0

quote:

He suggested to a senator earlier this year that it was not authentic, and repeated that claim to an adviser more recently. (In the hours after it was revealed in October 2016, Mr. Trump acknowledged that the voice was his, and he apologized.)

He's demented.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, that explains it pretty well and in trumps case its probably true.

This is the best example I've seen of it because you can literally watch it happen in real time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHPEtv2rKOU

Just watch the first 30 seconds. It's loving psychotic. He rewrites his own quote as he answers the question and then gets mad when Holt tries to correct him

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Quick summary about Downer.

He's a member of one of Australia's political dynasties and had a disastrous stint as leader of the Liberal Party during the 1990s. After that he was Foreign Minister in Howard's government and was one of the people who pushed for Australian involvement in the invasion of Iraq. When the Libs got back in government under Abbott they gave him UK High Commissioner because that's the kind of job you give to senior ex-party members (see also Joe Hockey, the US ambassador who sent the letter).

Ir's really funny to see him involved like this because he while he's a massive fuckwit in general he was actually doing what he thought was in the best interests of both Australia and America at the time.

For further context the Liberals are the conservatives in Australia (just like America lolol)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Gyges posted:

The NYT has revealed the name of the whistleblower. It appears his name is John Miller.

MILLER

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Willo567 posted:

Graham is loving losing it.

Seriously, why hasn't anyone punched this man yet

Someone light the Rand Paul's Neighbor signal

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I have literally no idea what teh gently caress is going on anymore. I don't even know what an IG really is.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Nice. I love how these assholes just keep having a cascading collapse because they have no solid ground under them and all the systems they use are either breaking or turning on them.

that is because they replaced the solid ground with a snake moat

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is Trump too dumb to not realize he has the Republicans controller Senate as a backstop to prevent his removal? I mean of course he is but surely someone has told him how this works by now right?

He doesn't want people to be mean to him

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

My president pelosi fanfic is coming along nicely

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

This guy SUCKS *crumples up crayon drawing of pelosi behind resolute desk*

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Oh no, my conscious

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

come on

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

CuddleCryptid posted:

Why even bother with this? It's not like people are going to flip their stance at this point. Seems like a waste of money

Keeping chuds energized, they can get demoralized just like anyone else

And you know a lot of them hate watch CNN

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Why does anyone give a poo poo about this?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

it's funnier than previous wohl grifts on every level

Yeah but like, random idiots say stupid poo poo everywhere

I don't mean why do we care (our brains our diseased) but why is there even one guy showing up to take pictures and tweet

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
What bad faith euphemism for "whistleblower" are they going to come up with, because that word has a positive connotation and that will not stand

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

haveblue posted:

They're going to try to claim "snitch"

Snitches still snitch on other criminals, though

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Gilliam II posted:

My take on the White House trying to force a vote on impeachment is that they want to show that it's only democrats voting for it, and believe (probably correctly) that republicans won't, so Trump can keep arguing that it's a delusion of the Democratic party as is always his argument. The vote will pass, sure, but probably on a party line vote.

It's sovereign citizen tier bullshit. It literally makes no sense. They made it up.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

eke out posted:

Bill Taylor, unfortunately for them, clearly stated how bad he thought this was in writing in these texts

lmfao ahahahahahah

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I feel like I need to make a will and include a bunch of bullshit like "if a cop murders me I don't want anyone to forgive them and if a Clinton Benghazis me then I still hate all Republicans, don't make any political cartoons of a Democrat standing on my grave"

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

no

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bowser posted:

Someone please photoshop this pic to include green hair and Joker makeup.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ershalim posted:

Oh. Well that's good news, then. Here's an apology bunny tax. https://twitter.com/LilBreezyVert1/status/1181035142875435010

Don't put rabbits in water they can easily go into shock and die

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

pkay posted:

So the solution to a criminal President committing crimes is impeachment and removal. Congress still has that authority but they have currently not elected to invoke that authority. How is this a situation that the constitution is unable to solve?

You're making a distinction between "a mechanism exists, so there is no crisis" and "there is no possibility for this mechanism to be used, so there's nothing that can be done, which is a crisis" which isn't meaningful or useful. You're just arguing semantics which is pointless.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

pkay posted:

Yes, only one of those is a constitutional crisis. The other is a crisis of character.

What are you using as the definition of "constitutional crisis"?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

pkay posted:

The constitution lacking a mechanism to deal with a specific situation.

Under that definition if the constitution said "a criminal president can be removed from office if he's hit by a meteor" then it wouldn't be a constitutional crisis.

There *is* a mechanism but there *effectively* is not. The constitution cannot handle our current situation, empirically.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

pkay posted:

The mechanism is there, however. There is a resolution written very explicitly in the Constitution. Once again, a constitutional crisis would be impeaching are removing members of the executive and them not leaving and no one enforcing Congress' edict.

If your car breaks down it's still broken even if it still has all the parts. The parts don't work. In this case, the problem is that the president is a criminal and the crisis is that it's impossible to get him out of office under the way the constitution is setup right now. It's not working.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

TheDisreputableDog posted:

No, this is a case where the car works, but your mom (congress) won't drive you to the mall.

gently caress off, Nazi

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

lol remember how this started because Biden was like "we're gonna cure cancer" and Trump was like "haha what an idiot" and then two minutes later he said "i will cure cancer and aids"

someone kill me

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

oh god no, just from the post speech jerking off, it's going from 'TRUMP DID SO GOOD HE'S A BIG STRONG BOY' to 'THEY MADE A POLICE HORSE SAD, ANTIFA THUGS AT IT AGAIN'

did anyone smack the poo poo out of him or what? The 'AIDS is basically cured' talking point should come with the asterisk that this only applies to wealthy gays.

To be fair pharma companies are doing their best to make HIV medication and insulin cost the same

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Can we just start calling him president isis now

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The sack of wasps is one of the most single minded evil self interested gently caress and if this is the way he thinks the wind is blowing it's definitely a big lol

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

People who have been in charge for 50 years don't like anyone showing up to criticize them in any way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rabble posted:

Zuckerberg acting like the Fash won’t put his rear end against the wall with the rest of the Jews when he’s no longer useful.

As a Jewish person myself I literally can’t understand how any Jew would vote in step with the NAZIs, much less work directly with them.

Wealth is a disease