Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

you have to have friends
I can't find these in the steam store, where are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Hell, hows N64 emulation outside the super big games these days? Still a wonky glitchy patch job?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

orcane posted:

There are some patents floating around which people base their assumptions on. And backwards compatibility for the current generation games is kind of a no-brainer because of how similar the next hardware is going to be (not saying it will be without challenges, of course) - if it sells consoles because it increases the launch lineup by hundreds of older games, it will be hard to resist. They can always "remaster" the current titles in a year or three with high details instead of medium to low settings :v:
I wish I could be one of those people that see patents and jump to THEY'RE GONNA DO IT! instead of They're just locking down the idea/tech so they can sue anyone else that tries to do it. :smith:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

How dare you install mods in MY CAREFULLY CRAFTED GAME?! - Rockstar devs
When GTAO became a big thing thanks to microtransactions, they didn't even bother with the SP ever since.
Even better, they very quickly stopped 'porting' the Multiplayer vehicles to the singleplayer because duh, you wouldn't buy Shark Cards if you could play with them in SP!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

I expect I will put an hour into Far Cry 1, enjoy it as a historical experience (FPS design history is wild to me) and then drop it like a hot potato.
The best Far Cry were the ones on Xbox/Xbox360 :colbert:
No idea about the Wii one

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What ever happened to that Nazi-killin' Mutant Year Zero/Xcom-like?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
How's Railway Empire?
Tired of OpenTTD, want something prettier to look at. Already have Transport Fever 2 but the industry chain is a bit too shallow and dull, but I don't want full on Spreadsheet management.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Artelier posted:

How's Skate XL content wise? I was skimming reviews and impressions and generally, people are saying Session is a more complete product whereas Skate XL has been bare bones in terms of updates for a while. From what I can tell, they have pretty different control schemes too, and Skate XL errs on the realistic side of things.

I too am wondering if I should get Skate XL or Session or if I should just fire up the PS3.
Honestly, fire up the PS3.
Session has the controls mostly down but unless location/content wise... Eh...? It feels lacking, something is off feeling about it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

holy poo poo i love this
He was already 36 when THPS2 came out.
Hawk was 32.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ZearothK posted:

The game is undeniably extremely anime, specially with character designs and I wouldn't complain if Anne's skirt was longer, but I feel the only one who's sexualized is this dude.

(and yeah, there are a bunch of "why doesn't he wear a shirt" reactions from characters in-game)
Why does he Wii shotguns for weapons?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Everyone is going on about Snowrunner but how's Overpass?
Is it Snowrunner but with racing? Cause that's more up my alley.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
EB Games undertakes to refund consumers for the Fallout 76 game
I wonder if Todd is gonna give a poo poo. Or if it's going to set a precedent.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

ha, looks like continuum: subspace. anyone remember that? good times. good times.
They put that up onto Steam at some point.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Holy heck Survivalist has a sequel in EA :aaa:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1054510/Survivalist_Invisible_Strain/

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Anyone try Cepheus Protocol? It looks cool but I just got burned by Phoenix Point so I’m a bit wary of XCom-alikes right now.
I feel burned by Phoenix Point and I played it on GamePass! :v:
But also I'd like to know too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Its incredible how loving bad Pheonix Point was. If it came out in 2004 you’d begrudgingly accept it because it’s not like there were any XCOM games so maybe you’d try to wring some fun out of it, but releasing that at the end of 2019 when there’s tons of turn based tactics/strategy games out, including XCOM ones, in that state? It’s insane.
Yeah, if it came out during the UFO: Afterthing games and whatnot it might of gotten away with a bunch of it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Hub Cat posted:

Oh yeah for the 4 other people that like My Summer Car style lifesim games and Skee-ball The Coin Game added it's survival mode.

So check it out if you want to play realistic arcade games and eat junk food to live in a creepy robot world .
Yeeeeees.
The quality on the coin games are outright AMAZING.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So what's the word on Space station games at the moment?
I know about https://store.steampowered.com/app/900010/Meeple_Station/ but I know there's another two current ones floating about, but I don't remember their names. Any of them decent?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

El_Elegante posted:

Does Wasteand 2 have a Story Mode difficulty setting?
There was a pretty easy to use save/character editor. Good for resigning points or just bumping up Trap detection to max cause gently caress all those hidden traps. I quite enjoyed how the world/story unfolded.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

As long as it's at least a stable 30 I don't give a poo poo about framerate at all
Stability is king.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Who anywhere cares about any Worms game but Armageddon
I liked World Party's WormPot stuff, but the insane modding people rolled with Armageddon.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Det_no posted:

Bastard Bonds is good stuff, least a couple hours in. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it has some sort of HQ management system and that you can create custom characters that then might be found as recruitables within the game. I'm a little worried about lovely builds and accidentally gimping (heh) myself but so far, I'm really digging it. I only wish the character creator had a few more colors to choose from.
Too bad about the dev
https://twitter.com/GrisserBernard/status/1275232998913224705
https://twitter.com/Captaingerbear/status/639176795825283073

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
They have TAKE COVER and INTERACT on the same key half the time!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

EA Desktop App
Formerly Origin
Formerly EA Download Manager
Futurely 0rigi|\|

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Dear thread, I am having a minor crisis. I just found out that Doorkickers 2 is currently in EA. The problem is that I greatly enjoyed the tactical puzzle game that was Doorkickers but the subject matter and setting was a bit, uh, questionable to say the least. The gameplay of DK2 looks fantastic but the devs seem to have doubled down on celebrating violent imperialism by moving the setting to a "fictionalized Iraq-like location" in the middle east and the premise is fighting "terrorism". The whole thing feels pretty fash. Maybe this isn't fair, but it doesn't help that its made by an eastern european dev team that seems to have a deep fascination for US police and military forces. Buuuut, on the other hand, the gameplay looks rad as hell. Hmmm.
I'm curious here. How else would you frame the game without making it look like Frozen Synapse?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ymgve posted:

The game devs/publishers are fine with streaming, all this DMCA stuff is coming from third parties. Lots of it seem to be games that use licensed music, and I really hope game publishers will start licensing music in a way that allows rebroadcasts.

The Record industry ruins everything again.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Blueshirt posted:

Synthetik is kinda slow. You're massively outgunned, your equipment tends to be finicky, even common grunts can gently caress you up and running in half-cocked is a recipe for disaster. The actual gunfights are remarkably swift and vicious, but the lion's share of the game is preparing for those gunfights and planning what you're gonna do. Gives the game an odd sort of rhythm, I can only really think of Brigador and DEADBOLT as having the same extended periods of skulking followed by incredibly swift and decisive explosions of violence.

I love DEADBOLT, got it at launch but it's only ever about Risk Of Rain this and Risk Of Rain 2 that.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Doobie Keebler posted:

Steam recommended a neat new deckbuilder called Fights in Tight Spaces. There's a free demo and the game comes out in 2021. It's basically Slay the Spire meets Into the Breach. You build your deck to move your guy around the room and fight. You can see what the enemies are going to do so you can position them to hit each other. It's as much puzzle game as it is a deckbuilder. There are branching paths, events, upgrades, all the usual stuff. The minimal graphics work well.
Reminds me of Metal Gear Acid. The deck/combat part of it at least. Doubt you'll be able to build OP mega decks like in Acid though.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Does the company that made Shadow of Mordor own the license to the Nemesis system? It's something I was sure I would see a lot more games implement but it's only ever been in those two games and none other as far as I know? The closest thing I can think of was the half-assed mercenary system in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
Watch Dogs Legion sorta has one. :shrug:
People you've beaten up can trigger kidnapping an agent that you have to rescue. It also flips it around that family/friends of agents and recruits will spawn in areas and you risk running them down or shooting them.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ErrEff posted:

Don't think this got mentioned, happened last week (January 20th): Antitrust: Commission fines Valve and five publishers of PC video games € 7.8 million for “geo-blocking” practices

Extremely small fine that doesn't make any sort of impact but at least geoblocking is getting acknowledged.

Huzzah. How many years did that take to get through court? :v:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Hub Cat posted:

Weird, looks like THQ Nordic/Embracer dug up Stubbs the Zombie. It was okay back when it came out, wonder if it holds up at all kinda doubt it.
The important question here is did they retain the full soundtrack?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Couldn't find the Flight Sim thread but is there a way to tell the updater to gently caress off with opening up tabs when pressing A on a controller even when the updater in is the background?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

i'm really not trusting pre-release reviews on this one, a lot of reviewers need to pump out a review ASAP with only superficial experience with the game

i expect a game which is mostly copied from the original, with some modern QOL improvements and not much more than that. and really that's all i want
:same:
Honestly the BIGGEST thing I wanted from the first game was more/different islands bases.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Why does/did The Medium get so much hype and carry in the first place?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

You get an instant Game Over for tasing innocent people so it's already failed at being an American cop sim.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Food Sucks

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Andrast posted:

why couldn't Konami's cheap mgs5 cash-in just be mgs5 with more maps instead of some weird zombie thing
It's everything gamers wanted at the time.
Zombies!
Crafting!
Survival gameplay!
Tower Defense!

Seriously, it was just a check-list of Hot gaming topics.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ErrEff posted:

Skatebird is... not very good. I realize it's a tiny team that raised maybe around 70-80K through crowdsourcing so it never had a huge budget or anything, but it's disappointing that the game has worse controls than the classics it's trying so hard to emulate.

Feels like it should've been on Steam Early Access instead of being released simultaneously across multiple platforms, because it's just not ready. The dev is already saying they're gonna throw out default Unity camera system and build a new one from scratch.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting or even needing super-tight dialed in Tony Hawk controls but gently caress man, it just feels like a janky floaty tech demo with a terrible camera and blurry haze on everything. Doesn't even feel on par to PS2/Xbox era TH clone controls.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Artelier posted:

Appreciate all the music game recommendations! Wishlisting them now (and maybe purchasing after werk)

I think I'm on default settings but I'll have a look, thanks!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1058830/Spin_Rhythm_XD/ has a neat take on controls. Would of made for a good arcade cabinet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Volte posted:

I didn't hate Far Cry 5's ending as much as most people seemed to. It wasn't a good ending (or even an ending to a good story), but "the bad guys were right all along" is a bad interpretation. The news on the radio makes it pretty clear that the global political situation is rapidly making GBS threads the bed and nuclear conflict is imminent. The fact that the PEG lunatics realized the same and built a crazy doomsday cult around it based on mind control gas or whatever does not make them correct.
Two problems here:
First one is that the news reports on the radio barely triggered at all, and I believe you even had to still do a side-quest for that.
Second is lol getting people to listen to the radio/read logs.