Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

spacemang_spliff posted:

how's that renewed relationship with the US working out?

The same way a master and a slave is a relationship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gonadic io posted:

well for one it really pissed off the french that's a plus

hmm I wonder why other countries are choosing Chinese goods and money over American stab-you-in-the-backs

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Venomous posted:

the fact they were self aware enough not to go with AUSUK, USUKA or USAUK is the most disappointing part of this whole story

Funny how these three are gonna continue self-owning themselves through endless grifts before their boogeymans fires their first shot

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Syncopated posted:

Strong Britain, great nation

I'm sure China will sell them the CO2 in exchange for opium

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Northern Ireland hasn't had any shortages and its economy is recovering much faster than the rest of the UK post-lockdown. The media have tried to downplay this - all the headlines talk about empty UK shelves or a UK fuel crisis, with a note at the bottom of paragraph 18 saying "Northern Ireland hasn't seen the same shortages".

But as time goes on people are starting to notice that each new crisis is GB-only, and the two regions are going to diverge further in the run-up to Christmas, and next year when more Brexit checks come in between GB and the EU in January and March.

Reality goes against the government's narrative that Brexit has nothing to do with any shortages. If triggering Article 16 fucks Northern Ireland and throws us into the same poo poo as the rest of the UK then nobody can point a finger at NI and question why it's doing so much better.

And nobody in Northern Ireland even votes Tory so gently caress them.

Free HK NI, the revolution of our times

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Lostconfused posted:

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2021/06/french-british-dual-carrier-exercise-gallic-strike-concludes/

The military is too busy sailings menacingly around "former" colonial holdings to deal with petty civilian politics.

They need to let everyone in Africa know what's what and to keep China contained.

some are foolish enough to assume politeness is acceptance

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

whats the context for this

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
You can make sandwich out of cakes

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a declaration of war.

You can't declare war on a non sovereign state

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Valko posted:

This just cannot be real. I haven't even watched the video, I'm scared too. Someone else do it and tell me there's a catch, this is exaggeration.

NHS privitization bill going through parliament.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-kqTMX5yso

so is the destruction of irrelevant island complete

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
"colony" is too good of a word

i prefer some domestic canine vernacular

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gonadic io posted:

lol just loving hire more it staff if you need them lol, don't give me this reserves crap

"it's communism's fault that people aren't stupid enough to work for free!"

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Relevant Tangent posted:

We really need two Air Forces equipped with F35s and only F35s to go to war with one another. The sheer carnage would lead to a brief period of peace.

they are also only £100m each when excluding the insane maintenance lifecycle grift to Lockheed Martin and cronies

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gonadic io posted:

also future non-existent aussie submarine fleets

fixed

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Zeroisanumber posted:

As someone who semi-routinely goes hunting in the US, a fox hunt as I understand it isn't really much of a hunt. A huge pack of dogs and armed humans on horseback are going to run down a fox in short order once they find it. Beyond the cruelty of it, it's just a hell of a lot of noise and fuss to kill an animal that you can't even eat.

ah i see where the pathology of droning hapless brown people came from

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Zeroisanumber posted:

This is so embarrassing. No one ever respects a bootlick, and to lick America's boots of all things. We're a pack of dangerous and stupid people and shouldn't be respected, much less given the Smithers treatment.

"I am very powerful nation", says country who is one Rolls-Royce away from complete economic irrelevance

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Jel Shaker posted:

didn’t realise clogging up the tracks with mushed up secretaries counted

Tank man.jpg except its actually happening

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
lib democracy is the most resilient political system ever created, while also simultaneously very fatally compromised the moment a smidgen of foreign money gets tangentially involved

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Jel Shaker posted:

we’re the argentine junta using a foreign excursion to prop up the regime against local criticism

america_in_2020s.txt

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

Why do so many freaks want us to go to war in Ukraine? We basically don't have an army

odds of war happening in ukraine is inversely proportional to the number of UK troops sent there

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Relevant Tangent posted:

feel like the uk ought to produce their own cheap royalist tat

kind sir, we are a great power

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

V. Illych L. posted:

lavrov is by all accounts a very intelligent guy who knows what he's doing. that he feels so comfortable openly insulting britain's representatives is not a great sign for britain's standing lol

he's just saying what everyone already knows out loud

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Spangly A posted:

I thought the consensus was the UK did in fact do much, much better than the US at counterinsurgency, and what upset them when investigating was the realisation that the UK was just going with the old empire periphery tactic of paying local powerbrokers off to maintain the status quo, instead of murdering everyone who didn't kiss the ring twice daily

well its not like the americans are exactly setting a high bar over there

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Jose posted:

This is who centrists spent the last 5 years pining for lol

since i'm not born yesterday i can tell there's a huge chasm of bullshit between "apply" and "granted" that is also inversely proportional to personal wealth

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Ah, I see the Xi Thought has broke Caribbean brains

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
is that taking into account of the current super-inflation

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Valko posted:

NHS staff using foodbanks set up by the NHS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nm5e_e9HQI

Sixth largest economy in world

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

doesnt work since UK has no humanity to reject

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

forkboy84 posted:

To go back to my hobby horse, as of 2019, the Scottish government reckon that 57% of rural Scotland (& this is a country that is mostly very rural) is owned by private landowners. Meanwhile the land reformer Andy Wightman estimates about 50% of rural Scotland is owned by just 432 people. England is no better, somewhere between 30% & 47% is owned by the aristocracy & gentry (17% is most likely mostly aristocracy but ownership on the land registry is uncertain/undeclared), another 17% is owned by the nouveau riche. Extremely healthy state of affairs

"government"

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

CoolCab posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-62703858

a VAT cut, something not paid on food, will do precisely gently caress all to help people struggling. boy this winter gon be fun

im sure 4.5 quid per household per day is gonna really solve winter problems in this economic climate

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's really the ideal solution for everyone. England is free, rUK can ask to rejoin the EU without any troubles from Spain.

ah yes the solution to being utterly cucked to america is to be cucked even more

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
maybe im an idiot but i can't understand these temporarily embarrassed monarchs

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Samovar posted:

My goodness, it's almost as if Boris was flat-out lying when he said there was a trade deal.

Who could have guessed.

welcome to colonialism

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Tarnop posted:

i wish uk wouldn't

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

keep punching joe posted:

Why not have multiple jobs? Just work until you drop dead.

dude do you know how hard it is to write very factual op-eds about mental health crises without mentioning capitalism

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

RandolphCarter posted:

then how do they calculate their hit points?!

can't have hit points when already dead

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
what a weird way to spell "landlords"

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

CoolCab posted:

this is good, right

i heard you should also sell rolls-royce to the americans because best buds

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pryor on Fire posted:

Well at least the weakening pound is good for UK exporters, which means basically BP and BAT cigarettes/vapes and GlaxoSmithKline hahaha

and more traffic speedbumps for others to run over

very symbolic from a metamorphically pov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, it wouldn’t be as much of an issue of Britain had a strong industrial base and resources to work off of but it really doesn’t anymore and it is going to difficult to compensate for more expensive imports.

i love the story from some canadian guy where he purposely searched for a local cardboard packaging contractor, only to find out they made a crappier product than the chinese one while charging 5x more with a haughty take-it-or-leave-it attitude