Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Take me back to dear old Blightown
Put me on the train to Covid town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

it shouldn’t, but it always astonishes me how much the media hates him

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

:wtc:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

that is the dumbest hair this side of trump

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I'm gonna need a body language expert to explain that powerful stance.

he’s moonwalking

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It can be really bad now. Some people are not allowed 'post-pay' (ie pay a monthly / quarterly bill) and have to pre-pay which costs more and now is done with a 'smart key' that you have to get charged at a local store (assuming there's one near by) or online (cue gammon frothing because a poor person has a phone that does online stuff despite it being almost impossible to function without one these days).
I've seen posts on local facebook groups from desperate people late at night or on longer public holidays who have run out of electricity and can't get their key recharged or get online to top up, some with small kids or carers of sick or much older relatives.

Jesus Christ

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

SpiritOfLenin posted:

this poo poo is the most hosed up, vile poo poo i've ever learnt about the UK. utterly loving monstrous.

it genuinely made me so sad, I hope it changes but hellworld etc...

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

so the river ankh in the discworld books were based on a real thing. gross

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Wolfsbane posted:

Almost everything in the discworld books is based on a real thing. Back in the early days of the Internet there used to be a collaborative text document (the annotated Pratchett file) that tried to list all the references but it's a heck of a task. I'm sure I miss 90% of the references in Moving Pictures because I know next to nothing about the early history of cinema.

I was mostly just shocked it was barely an exaggeration. and now I’m getting the urge to reread some discworld.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

New Found Power posted:

So uh, the OP is a gag rewriting the wiki article about ice on the thames

that makes me feel better

An insane mind posted:

I recently reread all of Pratchett work and by the end I was left wondering why he got early onset alzheimers but people like Blair are fine.

and remembering this makes me feel worse :smith:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lol

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

any chance that the queen dying of covid changes anything about how any country handles covid?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Quotey posted:

son, do you know how embarassing it is to accidentally link a somethingawful attatchment to someone?

lol

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

i say swears online posted:

oh my god the fondler's name was pincher

crimo, rich nephew, and now pincher. great week for on the nose names lol

RandolphCarter has issued a correction as of 21:14 on Jul 6, 2022

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Haha that's awesome. "Well, we already got the cake booked, sorry, gotta stay in power."

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

It should be mandatory to do all voxpops for TV in Glasgow. Like this hero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUlj48Rvp1c

love this woman

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

hope there were strategic stockpiles of memorabilia

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

:qq:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I watch this every time it’s posts, love this woman.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

New Found Power posted:

Including the cost of things like eventually updating the money in this is some real black book of communism poo poo

shouldn’t even bother changing the notes, Chuck is gonna be dead within the decade probably

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

but the UK doesn't have a constitution?

then how do they calculate their hit points?!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lol

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

BoJo’s bizarre election

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

notaspy posted:

Is Zack a heel.or face?

heel

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

my favorite joke in Monty Python and The Holy Grail was Lancelot charging at the castle so thanks mr cheese

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1654854552967954432?s=21&t=TcCyFEbxNNvUo-OraIDl5w

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I am fond of a pretzel bun and a bit of garlic butter on a burger

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Blair's one of those I have a bottle ready to pop after he croaks.

Kissinger's a bottle of Dom that's been sitting in the back of my liquor cupboard for the last 10 years and three apartments. Fucker's going to outlive me I know it.

that champagne will go bad before he dies

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

please don’t insult poo poo like that

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

god save the kings o-ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

he looks very ill