Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Nessa posted:

It’s a shame that villagers won’t just replace their bed if you give them another bed. I gave Katt a black bed with a Sable pattern bedspread and now she just has 2 beds in her house. :/

Last week I built Coach a bed because he just had a lovely sleeping bag in his house and I felt sorry for him. He put the bed in his house and still had the sleeping bag there as well.

Then a few days later I gave him a drum kit for his birthday. He replaced the bed with the loving drum kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

Look, we've been trying to avoid it and there's no easy way to say it, but you're just really bad at picking beds.

He'll sleep on the bed I gave him, or he'll sleep on the drum kit. His choice.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Astro7x posted:

So I've collected my last Fossil... is there any point to digging them up and assessing them other than to get bells? Like is there some other purpose from previous games that I am not aware of that may be unlocked

Fossil doorplate. And island decoration. That's basically it.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Coach, my first villager and next-door neighbour, finally gave me his photo today. And one of my best friends came over to my island to see the crazy amount of work I've done beautifying the place since she last visited.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

E-flat posted:

Of course, they all use each other’s catchphrases too...

The other day my fiance started messing around in my game while I was cooking food. Coach asked him to come up with a new catchphrase, so he gave him 'lmao' not realising that coach would spread it like wildfire. I now have 4 villagers who say 'lmao' at the end of their sentences, and a fiance who is not allowed to be left alone with my Switch ever again.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

E-flat posted:

Anyone with a zen garden willing to share pics? I've got a good chunk of land here I'm needing inspiration for.

Zen garden on my island. It's also a grave for a friend of mine who took his own life in March last year.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

readingatwork posted:

my island is capitalism themed. This means that I own about a third of the map as a private estate surrounded by 2 story walls and iron fences to keep the poors out.

This entire post was loving gold. Thank you for enriching my brain with it.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Rageaholic posted:

Am I ever gonna be able to build this robot hero? I've had the DIY recipe for a while and have the iron nuggets and almost the number of gold nuggets needed, but I have like 2 rusted parts (it needs 30 to build) and I haven't gotten either the gold armor or the rocket. I'm guessing those aren't very common.

I initially figured for this that the Throwback Rocket would suffice, but it has to be the rocket recipe you get from Celeste. I'm like 50% sure I have the Gold Armor recipe but not as a spare unfortunately.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

My villagers now seem to think I have some sort of diaper fetish. I just finished my daily gifting run and in return for gifts; in return, two of them gave me baby rompers and one of them gave me a pacifier.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

NofrikinfuN posted:

I keep getting full body tights from my villagers. They say they heard I really liked that sort of thing.

Are full body tights as horrifying a gift to receive as adult baby stuff? I'd think they're almost on the same level, but I'd kind of prefer what you're getting.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

PenguinKnight posted:

Sure love waiting 3 weeks for redd to have all fakes :argh:

But now you have a classy house decoration in the form of a counterfeit painting (which can sometimes be haunted), or an awesome fake statue for your garden.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina is open! Info on the other thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=4#post505293567

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Ava is in boxes today in Fiorina if someone would like a lovely friendly bird on their island.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina is open if someone wants to give Ava a new home. Info here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=5#post505388865

e: Game froze up when someone was trying to get in. Code now updated.

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 3, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Inzombiac posted:

How many villagers have food names?

I think it would be neat to make Food Town USA

Anchovy, Apple, Biskit, Bonbon, Bree (?), does Broccolo count? Candi, Cherry, Chops, Cookie, Goose, Ketchup, Mint, Nibbles, Olive, Pancetti, Peaches, Peanut, Pecan, T-Bone, Truffles.

Get them all and make this happen.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina is open for a bit. Info on the other thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=6#post505504743

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina is open

Pinky is crafting mum cushions.
Saharah's trapped on the south-west beach by a bonfire that hopefully won't set the rugs on fire. She has street-art wall, paintball flooring, brown wooden-deck rug, simple pink bath mat, and red dotted rug.
Nooks: Menu Chalkboard (blue), Changing Room (blue? or green, it's almost turquoise), Antique Bed (black). Also unlimited metal cans and magic sets (blue), rainbow umbrellas and grape umbrellas.
Ables: bold aloha shirts, gold-print tees, morning-glory yukatas, wrestling singlets, helmets with goggles, bubblegum, star shades,steel-toed boots.

Feel free to water flowers, leave notes on the noticeboard, relax on the beaches (there are things for touching on the left beach), explore my house. If you see any stuff in the house that you wanna catalogue, let me know. Please excuse the mess by Vivian's house; I'm building a book nook for her cuz she's a socially awkward bookworm that needs her own little space.

DODO: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 8, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Thank you to whoever it was that left the soft serve hat by my house. My head is now poo.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina's open for a bit. Full info in PGS: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3923566&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post505642626

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

I didn't realize villagers were just instantly gone off someone invites them over. Well, bye I guess, lol

It broke my heart when I realised this as well after Pietro moved to Earlgrey. I thought I'd get to say goodbye to him after Michelle talked to him, but yeah it just said 'I've moved out', so I stood outside his house for 10 minutes crying in the rain like a well-adjusted person.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

How do I get the "Raccoon Goons" gang tag?

I also would like to know how I can get this. Anyone help us out?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Who likes meteor showers? Yeah, that's right. You like meteor showers!

Fiorina is open and the stars are falling out of the gorgeous clear night sky right now!

Celeste is nowhere to be seen, but there are plenty of DIY recipes up for grabs nonetheless. Nooks is also selling a rattan armchair (light brown), DJ's turntable (black), wall-mounted 50 inch TV (black), and unlimited red surfboards, red rotary phones and balls (footballs, but not American footballs. So...just balls.)
Ables will be open for the next hour and they're selling gym tees, music-fest tees, spider-web tee, instant-muscle suits, noble dresses, safety helmets, goggles, nose drips, high-tops.

If you feel like watering the flower plots around the island that's cool. Same if you feel like writing a little ditty on the noticeboard! As is my custom, if you wanna catalogue anything in my house let me know and I'll grab it for you!

Dodo: CLOSED

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 14, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

So how much does stuff laying around count against your island score? I thought I was doing good with only a single rotten turnip sitting out, but folks were still complaining and I remembered my Free DIY Zone also counts against me :sigh:

I set up stalls on my island and put the DIY recipes on them so they weren't just sitting on the ground. I'm not sure if it's the set-up of having the cards not being on the floor that saves it, or the fact that they're on furniture items that I built, but I have about 30 cards on stalls and a consistent 5 star rating.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE RECIPE FOR MONTHS :negative::negative::negative:

I'll make one or two for you if you want?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina has a hell of a meteor shower going on right now (the second one this week), but this time, Celeste is here! She's trapped on the beach by the pier in F7.

Drago is crafting mossy garden rocks.
Lief is here with hydrangea starts, tea-olive starts, hyacinths, and mums.
Nook's is selling a limited clothesline pole, and unlimited white fax machines, orange retro fans and magazines.
Able's currently has doctor's coats, front-tie button-down shirts, football pants, jinbeis, zigzag-print dresses, beaks and high-tops.
DIYs to the right of the airport are free to take. Also if you wanna touch any items in my house for cataloguing, gimme a shout and I'll get it for you!
In the meantime, hang out, catch some wishes, write on the noticeboard, water some flowers, chill out in Vivian's Book Nook or in the Jon Hanna Memorial Garden between Nan's house and Vivian's.

DODO: CLOSED

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 17, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I've seen posts on other players' noticeboards about the Bug-Off but there's been none added to the noticeboard in my village yet, is that normal?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

TwoSheds posted:

Well, I did a quick inventory check. Seems like most of the expensive items were taken last night. I didn’t pick up on it right away because there are so many posters mixed in. Unfortunately that means the end of the cataloging parties, but I will happily provide expensive goods for touching on request.

This is why I've stopped leaving stuff out for cataloguing lately, because this exact thing has happened on my island the last 3 times I've left stuff out. Because I only put my Dodo code up on here and in the SA Animal Crossing Discord, I know that sadly it's been goons that have been taking things, mostly the Imperial items I've left out for people to touch.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Genovera posted:

Not if you're posting Dodo codes in this thread-- anyone can see it.

I usually post with the link to the PGS thread rather than the full info though.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

TheBizzness posted:

I took all 8 colors of floor light to the intl’ dump and when I went back like 6 hours later there were only 2 left.

If you leave stuff out, Goons will steal it. Sad but true.

The Dump is a magical place and the Disneyland of the game, but gently caress me does some expensive stuff walk out of there in people's pockets. Last time I was there, someone had taken everything that was on the ground next to one of the bridges. Just picked it loving clean.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Captain Hygiene posted:

I mentioned this somewhere waaaaay upthread, but I went for ages thinking it was a "leave something, take something" kind of setup, not even realizing you could catalog stuff by picking it up. I wouldn't be surprised if lots of folks do the same thing without any ill intent.

I did the first time, but then liquidypoo explained to me how it worked so I stuck to the 'pick it up, put it back' since then. The only time I do the 'take a penny, leave a penny' deal is with DIYs I find there.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Keaton is crafting a purple pansy crown at Fiorina. Please take other DIYs while you're here!

Code over in PGS thread

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina is open and it's raining! Full info on PGS thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=9#post505919683

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Metaline posted:

I try to hang out in Nook’s Cranny ten minutes before they close to listen to the best music in the game. I’m there right now! Good night, Timmy and Tommy.

https://youtu.be/WWSCHzucPto

This isn't Stale Cupcakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhD1ugh8-c

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Celeste is on Fiorina's beach. Full details on PGS: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=9#post505972609

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

BattyKiara posted:

OK, I think I got authenticated? So why does it say I cannot post?

If you go to the Info section on the top and click into #welcome-and-rules you'll need to click on an icon in there to get automatic permission to post in the threads.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Circle Nine posted:

Anyone using B&R in addition to the discord for when the forums get nuked?

Currently waiting on account confirmation, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow when I'm not broke to buy the $10 authentication.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Chronojam posted:

Pretty sure the :10bux: is being waived currently although I guess they're getting swamped with requests

I only set up the username and password thing about an hour ago and it's still on a screen telling me I need to purchase an account upgrade to complete registration. No confirmations emails have come my way either, so unless they just waived it and are planning to do so for retroactive applications I'm still stuck with the $10 purchase thing. I'm in no rush to jump into the ice cold waters off this Titanic anyway so I can sit it out until tomorrow.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Sylvia is currently in boxes on Fiorina. Let me know if you'd love to have a friendly kangaroo single mom on your island.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

It's Curt's birthday on Fiorina! Come visit and drop off a gift for the cranky bastard! Full info on PGS: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=11#post506181408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

AfricanBootyShine posted:

Is there anything gated behind the KK concert? I'm also at that point but I've intentionally avoided building any roads or fences because I'd prefer it not to look like a city.

I managed to get my island up to 5 stars without it looking like a city, it's fairly rustic and "islandy" looking. It's open at the moment if you wanna come over and get an idea of what you can do without overstuffing every free are with furniture and decorations.