Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

gently caress yeah let's die to a completely unpreventable spread of this bitch thing I keep covering for so many news outlets gently caress I'm so loving tired gently caress this my lungs are trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

a_pineapple posted:

This is a fun thought experiment. What might be some unexpected effects of the upcoming megadeath?
Less traffic
Temporary increased supply/decreased price of yeezys
Shorter porta potty lines at music festivals
No more music festivals
Less seats, more leg room on airplanes

massive housing crash that leads to me setting up pet island stronghold in the hills of west virginia upon thousands of acres.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My big april fools joke was saying biden had suspended. he has not.

we just crossed 200k

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

sit on my Facebook posted:

So how long until people just start looting grocery stores

we've got a while on that. It depends on how fast poo poo goes to hell. But I'd say at least June.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Florida stay at home for 30 days order is a godsend.

https://weartv.com/news/local/gov-desantis-issues-stay-at-home-order-for-entire-state-of-florida

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

D1E posted:

Why? None of the stupid redneck redhat MAGA chud imbeciles are going to adhere to it.

because it keeps loving disney, universal, hotels, and whatnot shuttered and no-go zones. Good.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Is it edgy if I go buy rice a roni on my next shopping trip?

Also if you're reading this you aren't part of the 600+ people in the US that died today, friends. And I hope you never are.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dustcat posted:

depending on where you live, just making a shopping trip could be edgy

About half an hour outside of Augusta, GA. A kindgoon was nice enough to link me a food help thingy but they don't deliver this far out. I'm an asthmatic with MS and a bunch of other health problems but I'm also only 33. But I'm also round like a pumpkin. Will I die on my upcoming food trip sometime later this week? who knows! I have amazing folks willing to ship me stuff but I need stuff that can't be shipped (like hay). I also have n95 masks and gloves, so maybe not!

This shouldn't be a concern in a 1st world country, though :lol:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

cyka blyat posted:

You live an hour and a half from Atlanta, right? There is Prime shipping, maybe that can help.

About three and a half hours :lol:

mod sassinator posted:

hospitals are falling apart and a cesspool of virus transmission right now. nurses have to reuse one mask all week and doctors are getting sick and dropping like flies. that's the environment babies are being born into right now. it's very, very not good.

serious question: what the gently caress do we do when all the doctors have it and there's like 1 per hospital that doesn't?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

facetoucher cat posted:

I guess KEMP is issuing a shelter in place for GA because he JUST figured out that people who are asymptomatic can spread the virus lmao

Oh my god is he loving really?

On the 23rd he told my rear end to stay home. TIME FOR THE REST OF GEORGIA TO STAY THE gently caress IN.

anime was right posted:

y'all we are in for some real, real poo poo. i figured we'd have like an economic meltdown. do not be shocked by what is to come. it's going to be terrible, terrifying, and i hope we can build something better from it.

vote fluffy bunnies 2021

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

We just passed a thousand dead in a day! Mazel tov!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Squizzle posted:

im going to encase myself up in full mummy wrappings every time i have to go outside for any purpose

as someone who has been trained in how to mummify people: please do not do this

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Nodelphi posted:

Ed goon update: Things are getting busy and grim. We’re making protocols for who we will and will not resuscitate. Nursing homes are all infected and dumping patients on us en masse, even if they’re already DNR.

Have 2 docs out sick and one is getting worse. That crazy I mentioned that wanted a tour of the ED has been spotted around again and authorities are looking in to it. We are out of gowns. We’ve got 3 ventilators left.

This is when you guys raid the nearest thrift store and grab all the prom dresses. And look loving fabulous while you're treating people.

(you're amazing, we love you)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

CODChimera posted:

so we're all quarantining our cats yeah?

I have a farm cat that turned up out of nowhere and murders everything small and squeaky. I also have a couple of cats of my own that are pets. I lassoed the batshit crazy farm cat and threw her in with my boys (who are neutered) to protect her quite some time ago. She's been out for my blood ever since.

Not a Children posted:

lmao the federal government is seizing all imports of medical supplies to give cronies lucrative contracts to "check" and resell said medical supplies

We became an eastern bloc nation in less than a month

wait til you see how nuts it gets in about 6 weeks.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

1300+ according to world ticker

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I can still drop the guillotine while recognizing the harm and sadness that it will cause to the person's friends and loved ones that I'm guillotining.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

:ohdear:
Hmm. I'm starting to get concerned. I'm starting to think I may be dead or homeless in a few months.
The 50# of beans in my freezer gives me solace.

23 skidoo that's the ticket old chap

FB poster that it won't let me quote: sorry about your loss my dude :(

also the constant "it's gonna be fine!" poo poo from the news is getting on my nerves. Watching the travel agents poo poo themselves over their bank accounts (*not braks) is loving gross as hell.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

dantheman650 posted:

what’s going on that all the news is suddenly positive and all the predictions for death count are dropping? is social distancing actually having that strong of an effect?

We have 30k+ new cases in the US and the number of cases are still growing- not just in number but rate of infection per the cases that are coming through per day (ie: this time last week we had less than 20k per day iirc). Almost 2000 died yesterday.

They're trying to not lose their grip on the economy.

It's going to be bad when they do.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

OpenSourceBurger posted:

i havent seen my g/f in five weeks :smith:

Find a cool online game you guys both enjoy and play it. Even if it's just chess or you guys both join a D&D group or whatever.

source: my husband's been in the military for 18 years (only 2 more to go!) and he's currently 3,000 miles away. I last saw him on December 13th 2019. It's gonna be okay goonfriend.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1248056893832073221?s=20

the imperialists are very sad that the wrong countries are sending aid to others during this pandemic

the only way you could possibly spin this positively is if you were saying you were sad that the US has fallen on times so rough that -they're- receiving aid instead of sending it.

and even then it's still a really, really poo poo way to say things and "positively" is only in the same way that Karen goes to Africa to "help" little kids learn to build lego sets or whatever the gently caress that tourist poor stuff is. so not really positive at all.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm in Hawaii and I'm going to the arcade with my husband and we're going to have fun :unsmith: We might be able to afford to go to the $2 movie theater and get burritos afterwards, too!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Just reading "officials readying for may re-opening" makes me want to do nothing but scream and eat chocolate.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

DO NOT GO GENTLY INTO THAT COLD EARTH

FREE YOURSELVES FROM YOUR FLESH PRISONS

EMBRACE THE PURIFYING FLAME

This is just my life motto

Bilirubin posted:

Welp

Lost an old friend and mentor to this poo poo yesterday.

Take care of yourselves everyone and stay safe.

:love: liver fella

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

I have a delivery from Whole Foods coming this afternoon and didn't leave a tip when ordering, so I am going to leave some cash in an envelope. I am also fairly well supplied with KN95 masks, and won't use too many of them while I work from home, do you think the WF delivery person would appreciate a clean mask with the tip as well?

If you can in the future, definitely tip via their system. It's a lot easier on those folks than cash, especially when they may not have gloves available.

If you have a "new in the box" one or one wrapped in plastic, probably. Otherwise you'll just terrify the poor guy.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

blandular posted:

I just heard a snippet on the radio about a single study from the Mayo Clinic suggesting people with type A blood might be more susceptible to the virus. So obviously that's now a true and proven fact, but has anyone else seen that/could link to it? I'm trying to find it but having trouble

It's been suggested for a couple months now but it's only been lightly talked about. It's part of why I started vibrating so hard about this whole thing. My spouse is in WA. He's type A.

but his rear end ain't dead yet so maybe not?!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

honestly I hope he does because I wanna see the loving insanity that occurs from it

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

McMaster is going to kill a lot of people in SC.

I'm shocked AL and GA aren't doing something stupid.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

no need when nature herself is gonna bulldoze them via tornado tomorrow

I mean I live in GA but hey I posted through Japan's 2011 tsunami on these forums. :unsmith: maybe they'll protect me again.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Every time I step my thighs clap.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

we never fully loving closed

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

overmind2000 posted:

My stupid loving state is trying to kill me

your stupid loving state is right next to my stupid loving state and I have literally 0 doubt GA will be back to this poo poo in no time.

The death toll is going to be outrageous for a few worthless bucks.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LOL it's a cemetery. Of course there's dead people in garbage bags outside on the street. You dummies. You rubes.

I know when I go play pokemon go at my local cemetery, sometimes the bodies are piled ten high lol that's just normal right? totally normal. reopen my loving disney world in time for my vacation I have be our guest reservations!!!!!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

nikosoft posted:

I've decided to not worry anymore. If my parents and husband die, then I can just gently caress off from this life and move to like Maine or something and do whatever I want. If I die, well, that honestly solves all of my problems. It's a win-win!

this is literally my game plan and if they don't and I do well I hope they like sorting out the farm :lol:

no but really I have a will and directions for care of the farm pinned to the wall just in case I die or whatever that way I know the critters are taken care of and then I don't care. whatever. I'm dead. off to new adventures in the next life and all that. That's all I want.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Spoondick posted:

i just squat my bare rear end over the service pit at jiffy lube and tell them to fill it up with 5w30 synthetic

the fill up happens above ground. you drain off underneath, spooni. you're gonna have to do a handstand.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Wow and I thought I hated people a lot already. This is a whole new level of hatred for those literal loving idiots protesting.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Ardennes posted:

We will probably still decline for another week or so

We occasionally see a day under 30k new cases but we haven't seen a significant decline that lines up with stage 1 nationally and I dunno if we will before every idiot starts throwing open the doors and screaming for the first time in forever

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

a.lo posted:

Name them idiot

one is definitely going to be the state I'm sitting in but I'm trapped in loving Georgia so that was always going to be lovely red anyhow

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Kemp is going to kill everyone holy gently caress

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I don't even know how to joke about it.

He was talking about how hospitalizations have dropped and they've plateaued in cases while simultaneously talking about how they aren't doing enough testing.

I have friends that look like they are about to die but they can't even get tested, much less get admitted to a hospital. Every doctor turns them away "unless it's an emergency, even if you manage to test positive." No poo poo cases aren't rising exponentially and hospitalizations are dropping.

Deaths are already being massively undercounted since they are only counting hospitalization deaths that test positive for covid-19 while turning everyone away from the hospitals and refusing to test the vast majority of people.

Reopening elective procedures, gyms and movie theaters next Monday and cancelling the shelter in place next Thursday is going to make for an interesting mid-may. The Perimeter will be a blockade of overturned cars as raiders rob anyone trying to pass through.

I'm completely terrified because I live near Augusta, GA and I don't want to live here. I don't want to die here. I don't have any other choice because the husband was at Fort Gordon. I have MS, I'm an asthmatic with lung damage, and Kemp's a loving lunatic and SC is no better. I didn't die in Texas. I refuse to die in this shithole, too. But holy gently caress.

Just holy gently caress. Testing is way, way down. They are manipulating testing (you can see it anywhere you look on any graph) by simply not Doing testing. We have over 18,000 cases. Richmond County, the county just above mine, has 200+ people and 10 dead. That's mimicking the 5% (ish) mortality rate we're seeing in a lot of other places. When this explodes because of this absolute moron, just, oh my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

facetoucher cat posted:

I really didn't expect Kemp to base his decision on science, his campaign video had him with a gun pointed at his daughter's boyfriend

Kemp shouldn't be allowed to decide what he has for breakfast much less poo poo that's going to impact all of us