Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

rudecyrus posted:

I spent way too much loving time on this!

It was a fun exercise though, and I realized balkanization of the US would be a friggin' nightmare, because nothing about the US makes sense. There's a long strip of Democratic strongholds along the west coat and southwest, while everything outside of that is deep red. I mostly formed borders out of major geographical features (hence the wedge sticking into the Midwest).

Anyway, give me suggestions to make this map better.

Thank you for recognizing that if/when stuff starts shaking apart, there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that Western NY would stay aligned with NYC rather than group with our fellow Rust Belt / Great Lakes brethren.

That or just spin off into an isolated Bills Enclave, doomed forever to lose every military skirmish we're involved in but somehow continuing to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

redleader posted:

a chilling vision of the future

can't we all just get along?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

The cities of Bilouxi and Mobile, both in long florida,

I had the opposite instinct: split the panhandle between Alabama and Georgia, Florida Peninsula all becomes DISNEYLAND

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

this sucks. i don't wanna be part of the united states when everyone else gets a new country. also all of the great lakes surrounding area is gonna need to band together to fight off everyone else.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Michigan's central location to all that water means Detroit is gonna be MegaCity One or the entire state will be a scarred wasteland from invasions on every side

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

War and Pieces posted:

Michigan will become a major Sea Power

climate change opening up a new NorthWest passage that Michigan sits directly at the center of, lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Thoguh posted:

A lot of people just lump the Plains states in with the Midwest and if you do that then you’d say Kansas City is in the Midwest. If you consider the Plains to be their own separate region then you’d call it part of the Plains. Culturally it’s got a lot more in common with places like Oklahoma City or Wichita than it does Minneapolis or Indianapolis.

i think it's mainly based on people googling "is kansas city in the midwest" and the results almost universally saying "yes!"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

edit oh poo poo massachussetts had the same thing going, i'm not sure i was aware

are you telling me my whole life I thought I was a western new yorker, and I'm actually a masshole?

I think I'm gonna be sick

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's like people who say that the security details of the vault dwellers will turn on their masters; bro, these are all ex special ops types and true believers in the current world order. They'd probably work for free just to uphold their ideology.

There was an article written by a guy who does like prepper seminars for rich people and he said their number one concern was maintaining order over their security teams after money becomes worthless, and the guy was like "well you could just treat them well and take care of their families with your resources" and the response was "what about shock collars that they can't take off?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I think the future of balking lies in internal corporate documents, not random weird maps polisci dudes put together that say Texas is in Appalachia.

Like KFC or whoever has their big map subdiving the US into product markets and franchise exclusive territories. The US Office for Balking Studies or whoever should just steal that and say those are states and counties now

the one thing that can be guaranteed is that nothing will have a cool name. you will either end up living in "REGION 3" or "The Constitutional Republic of Freedomtown, A Subsidiary of EXXON"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Not even something as cool and cyberpunky and dystopian as "Region 3". Each region will simply call itself "the USA".

buddy if you lived in Region 3, you wouldn't think it's so cool!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
one by one, challengers attempted to roast crusty minge for their tobacco use. one by one, they were incinerated like that day's pack of pall malls.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Corey, Trevor - let's go, smokes.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

yeah i hope it wakes us up to uhhh doing it lol let's loving do it dawg

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the entire rust belt will end up nuking each other before Buffalo, Detroit, or Pittsburgh agree to be part of Cleveland

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

really big jackets posted:

where are we at with this

we're gonna put you in your own country alone

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

The bagel guy was right

What the gently caress is a scooped bagel anyway

i kjust googled it and i'm loving pissed

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the idea of someone scooping all the bread out of a bagel and it being anyone other than a jolly fat person doing it so they can fill it with cream cheese or something... to do this to make it more healthy instead of less healthy disgusts me

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buffalo would rather break off and join Canada than become a member of "New England"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

It basically is already

no it is not

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's not new england

say it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
oh phew no that's fine idc about that

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
ptew like i care about any pennsylvanian's opinion on this

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

NYC is mid-Atlantic, Buffalo is Great Lakes, everything else north of the NYC suburbs is New England

thank you

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I mean look at the shape of this state, it's ridiculous

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I mean look at the shape of this state, it's ridiculous

it looks like a squatting guy taking a poo poo into the atlantic

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

WNY holding strong as Pop Country

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Speleothing posted:

In case it wasn't obvious from the year, the enclaves and highways should make it clear that the pop/soda map is not real data but a metaphor for Palestine

it's real data

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i really despise it when people disrespect science like that

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Rochester will fight to remain in the NYC sphere as a satellite state. Too many long island failchildren got shipped here when the patriarchs got tired of seeing their son's and daughters.

what happens is that they grow up on long island and wanna get away from their parents but they don't have the grades to go anywhere that isn't SUNY and thus end up at UB or U of R, on the other end of the state

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it is funny that all the worst people leave long island and thus give the rest of the world that everyone from long island is horrible (they are)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

April 2020 was a different time.

it was signalling "so we're all ready to do this, right?"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Wyoming is being called the pinched nipple of the american northwest

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

hawaii should be freed how tf you gonna keep calling your country "the united states of America" when you got a state way the gently caress out in the middle of the pacific ocean

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Peanut President posted:

a post from 1959????

well either change it to "United States of Earth" or let all non-American states and territories go!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

nobody ever includes the territories, good on them

gotta figure they're all hanging on by a thread at this point if the contiguous united states are talking about breaking up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mycomancy posted:

Arguing which president is better is stupid because they're all bourgeoisie monsters. For gently caress's sake, it doesn't matter what meat puppet hasye the title, they're all simulacrum of Capital, who is truly in charge.

yeah and the ones that are remembered as being good are so because they died just before the moments when they really had to deliver, so the "What If" is preserved.