Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

What’s the deal with opening schools? There’s been protests outside my apartment every weekend about opening K-12 schools. I assumed they were idiot covid deniers, but the local chatter online from them is the exact opposite, calling out idiots not wearing masks and fighting against anti-vaxxers, while insisting that “the science” says opening schools doesn’t increases cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

gently caress! Is this going to delay the movie release?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Spoondick posted:

had a patient's caretaker come in to get a replacement antibiotic for levaquin because the patient had an adverse reaction, i asked the nature of the adverse reaction so i could document it on her file and turns out the patient went after the caretaker with a knife because her fluoroquinolone caused drug induced psychosis

also had a guy tell me he couldn't take mexilitine because it literally made him want to kill his wife

Adverse reaction: Stabbing

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

navyjack posted:

She was supposed to take over as Black Panther after Chadwick died. Wonder if that is still on? Way to social-media your way out of a multi-million multi-year cash cow.

Disney is very good at ignoring problematic takes.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

If I went into a hospital and asked a nurse to inject me, and they agreed, what are the chances that it will be the covid vaccine? Is it worth it? Just asking questions...

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Hell yeah, found out my mother-in-law got covid, and didn't change her habits (including going out) or tell anyone because she didn't want to make people concerned.

Idaho's doin' great folks.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Just once I want someone to be like "gently caress, I HATE SHOTS! IT WAS SO PAINFUL BUT WORTH IT."

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I’m so loving excited for a normal 4th of July where there is totally not going to be anyone dying of COVID and everyone is vaccinated and everyone has their jobs back and with higher wages and rent and bills for the last year have all been forgiven, and all those dead people are brought back to life.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

You have it slightly wrong. The lifting of the mask mandate should've been tied to population vaccination rate. If we hit 80% vaccination rate, no more masks, let the fuckers who opted out choke on their own lung juices.

Yup, that’s totally 100% how vaccines and immunity works.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

VectorSigma posted:

given available data, i declare carbon-based life to be a failure

gently caress you, worms doing great.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Crush car culture

I didn’t realize there was a whole culture around my fetish.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

My grandma didn't survive, and my parents probably won't survive, but at least capitalism will!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Insanite posted:

I will never make the mistake of trusting this society again

it is worthless, riddled with rot

on a related note, what are this thread’s thoughts on seeking routine dental care as a vaxxed person with unvaxxed household members right now?

Avoid making out with the dentist just to be safe.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

The painters and insulation people i work with will start consistently wearing them

If the painters and insulation people you work with weren't already wearing respirators then they also go to Applebee's and thus aren't worth considering.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Schmeichy posted:

Convo reminds me of my anti vax mom

How do people like her not understand that everything we're doing to stop the spread is not just because we're concerned for our own personal safety? The way out of this has always been vaccines and stopping spread with distancing.

lol, You haven't :sever: your anti-vax family 16 months into a pandemic?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What communicable airborne diseases do you think are on the level of COVID-19 that people willingly expose themselves to on a daily basis?

MY FARTS!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Whoever made the original post must be a cool motherfucker if you're quoting it! Thanks for the share!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

The worst is yet to come actually

The Nostradamus of my posts.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

For a bunch of people concerned with safety measures Respirator Crew sure does love a good circle jerk.

:rimshot:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Thoguh posted:

A lot of people are completely convinced that if they are vaccinated they will almost surely not get COVID and on the off chance they do get COVID it'll be no worse than a minor cold and there is zero chance of it being any worse than that and I don't wanna jump to conclusions or anything but I think our public messaging might be poo poo.

Are the statistics of approx. 0.002% vaccinated hospitalization rates not accurate?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Nate Silver account spotted.

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up about how every single number is made up and wrong.

The CDC says breakthrough rates will be undercounted, so I won't even speak to their numbers. Do you have a source that describes how bad breakthrough cases really are?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Thank you for the clarifications!

I'm going to stay safe and also make sure I don't live in a nursing home.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

fosborb posted:

I'd also, like, not drink a can of covid either

Because of the aspartame right?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

euphronius posted:

those should all be 100% do not trust

The only thing I trust is forum posters, and even then I base it off of avatar quality.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I try my best to wear 3 KN95s if I have to go to the grocery store. Face, crotch, rear end.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

pigz posted:

Amazing. The Yankees pop 7 fully vaccinated cases of Covid after relaxing protocols and he same day CDC relaxes mask guidance. Stunning

Good things do happen.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ahaahaha, okay, this got me. Everything else I've thought was a bummer and stupid but not "lose my mind" maddening.

Great Job Biden.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

back to the office in a month

nooooooooo

Quit your job.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/DukeStJournal/status/1392951287847792644?s=19

Lol I didn't realize the Yankees breakthrough infections were all JnJ.

The JnJ has the same efficacy rate as Jeter and a slow roller to his right.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Smythe posted:

mods? really? in 2021?

I mean, they have a point. I was just in the closet when my bully got me with this back in 5th grade.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

gently caress, guys I told Biden I wouldn't give him a BJ because I needed to wear my mask.

Is this my fault?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Raiad posted:

and yet our entire policy on masks and vaccines runs on the honor system

lmfao

Everything that happens in America runs on a belief in the prosperity doctrine.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Cool, had a guy try to pick a fight with me because I told him and his group of 8 friends that if none of them were wearing masks they could just wait 20 seconds for the next elevator instead of getting in the one I was in.

This country is going to get really fun in the next few weeks.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

actionjackson posted:

I was saying when the news came out that I was worried about getting harassed or assaulted or whatever for continuing to wear a mask, and I'm pretty sure some people thought I was crazy

And this is with my building saying masks are still mandatory. I'm just going to resort to saying "You don't want to get in the elevator with me. I'm contagious, and it's not covid."

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I had the somewhat nice realization while I was grabbing groceries today that in a month or so after all mask mandates are revoked my attitude will be able to change from "The minimum bar is wearing a mask in public. I know who the truly terrible people are, but not much else," to "Anyone not wearing a mask could be a terrible person, but the people wearing masks might be cool!"

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Koirhor posted:

is co2 concentration beginning to affect human cognition? I’m struggling for an explanation why everything is so loving stupid all the time.

It's my fault. Sorry, but I gotta keep posting.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Big news:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeGFnJpC/

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Oh no, what a blemish on an otherwise perfect patriarchal christian community with no skeletons in their closet.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Insanite posted:

the wnba would like a word with you

I went to a couple NWSL games in 2019.

Holy gently caress it's so much better than all other sporting events. I'll definitely be trying out a WNBA game or two ...next year hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Peter Daou Zen posted:

Hmm

what if by July 1st you haven’t proven you’ve gotten Atleast one dose we just you know shove you in the Grand Canyon

First time I went to the grand canyon I was struck by the thought. "They really just let anyone jump off, don't they?"