Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

AhhYes posted:

Plus if deliveries really are into November, the tax credits that are likely in the reconciliation bill may have landed, in which case the price might drop 7-10k further.

Are there any? I feel like whenever I've looked into it it comes off as "stuff we'd like to do" rather than "stuff that's getting voted on."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

I've been eyeing the Bolt EUV for a few weeks. I just saw a local(ish) dealer has them at $30,000, which might make me go for it. I feel like the slow-fast charging won't matter for me with a 250-mile range.

The farthest we've ever driven is camping about 150 miles away, so even then we could have gotten away with just charging at the campsite during our stay and been alright.

Is there anything else wrong with it?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

borkencode posted:

Over in the US News thread in D&D, someone was saying there's EV credits in the reconciliation bill (The one that hasn't passed yet).

Any idea whether they'd be retroactive for all 2021? I'm planning to test drive a Bolt this weekend.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

EngineerJoe posted:

The best car reviews are in the Pigballs message board.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

I saw that the whole Ford thing this week turned out to be a new factory for batteries and trucks I guess. Has there ever been any hints at any small or family-like EV coming from them (like the Bolt, Leaf, etc.)?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I feel like EVs are mainstream enough that if something like this 7.5k transferrable credit happens a ton of EVs are going to be sold

I was pretty much sold on the Bolt EUV until the Total Recall and would have bought one the next day if any iteration of the credit passed. If they can fix the batteries in time I still might. In the meantime I'm looking at similar cars. I really liked the size and price of the EUV. :sigh:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

QuarkJets posted:

Wow way to miss an opportunity to post a blown-up picture of your avatar's dick

Or thar picture of Goatse with a power drill in his rear end.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Meanwhile there's a Chevy dealer in my state sitting on like 40 Bolt EUVs.

I'm probably going to buy one as soon as they fix the batteries, too.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Jimong5 posted:

Bolts are post recall and seem widely available compared to other EVs

Is Chevy actually selling them again? I don't see any on their website. I know one dealer near me claims to have a bunch for sale but that dealer's site never showed them as unavailable during the stop-sale in the first place.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Jimong5 posted:

I think they will finish up the recall but it sure seems to me that they are putting their eggs in the Ultium basket. I almost think we will see the Equinox EV before Bolts get ramped back up based on what GM has done in the past.

I've been waiting to get the EUV but may hold out for an Equinox, now. Or maybe just get a Kona EV. There are a few nearby at $42,000 (before tax credits).

e: What do people think about the Niro EV and the Kona EV?

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 9, 2022

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

dissss posted:

The Kona is tiny, the Niro is only a little larger externally but that makes it far more useful IMO

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

My dad has a EV Kona. the powertrain is the best part, everything else is the worst. His has a gray interior and it feels very cheap. It's a 20k compact SUV with 15k of bonus EV powertrain. I don't love it. I also think the exterior styling is dumb, and strongly prefer the Niro in that respect.

Thanks. I'm going to go test out a Niro this weekend. I'm cool with the slower fast-charging, since I'd probably use it maybe twice a year.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Looking more into Kia Niro EV: How important would the "cold weather package" (heat-pump and battery heater) be to someone in Massachusetts?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Loucks posted:

Good luck, but I hope you have pics of the manager cheating on their spouse or something. As much as I like the EV6 (which should have been a wagon) my local dealer seems convinced that there are plenty of people desperate to pay well over MSRP.

I've been looking at a couple of Niros and they both were several thousand over the websites' prices.

$48,000 (including taxes and fees and such) seems really high for the non-Premier model.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

WhiteHowler posted:

The hunt continues... I found a (barely) out-of-state Kia dealer that Emailed me a listing for the exact model/color of EV6 I want, with the price listed at MSRP. I called them, and the saleswoman said "Oh, we're doing a $5000 market adjustment, so just add that on."

The exact same thing happened with me looking at a Niro EV last week.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Elviscat posted:

Chevy, sell me my goddamn Bolt,

cruft posted:

PS: hello from the Chevrolet service department lobby. In 2-4 hours I should have a brand spanking new battery!

Chevy's website shows inventory again, though mostly in transit. I actually got a message from the dealership on Sunday that they had one (non-EUV) available to sell now.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The Bolt EV is the absolute sweet spot of distance on a charge, vehicle size, and cost of vehicle. Most others drop one of those completely so I’m hoping that the 2023 model is loving announced before I plop down a deposit on one. I’m pretty tired of seeing EVs being announced that are enormous and/or $50k+

Pretty much my exact opinion. I'd love to get one if they were available (and not marked up to bejesus and back).

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah another place looks like it's actually taking delivery of a couple new ones this week (they've been 'in transit' for weeks but suddenly they have VINs on the site for them and it's saying it should be delivered today). Hopefully I can deal with it quickly.

I've been trying to buy one, too. Can totally relate.

I had split-second last year when I could have bought an EUV for $30,000 just before the stop-sale. Now they're finally trickling back into dealerships but are listed at $34,000.

I may go for the Premier model at this point, but like you I don't like the color of the only one available (white).

I'm a little optimistic since there seems to be a whole bunch "in transit", and they are slowly becoming "available" on Chevy's website.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

A question for Bolt owners: does the video rear view mirror darken properly for when an rear end in a top hat behind you turns on their high beams?

Also my dealer said my Bolt is tentatively going to arrive on October 7- I know there is an emphasis on tentative but still I’m stoked

Are you able to delay the final purchase until January to (potentially) get some tax credit?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

You're gonna drive a Lightning F-150 and crap thunder!

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

I'm buying a Bolt in 2023 and probably an Equinox or Blazer in the next few years.

I want to get a charger now, though, to get the current tax credit. Is Grizzl-E still preferred? I don't think I need/want any smart options (the car itself can connect to wifi if I want discounted rates during off-peak hours).

I thought about getting one of their Duo models to eventually charge two at a time, but that would actually be twice as much.

Any thoughts?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

I'm about to order a Bolt EV. Is adaptive cruise control worth it? Does it require a subscription or is it a one-time cost?

Also, does anyone see a problem ordering from a dealership 40 miles away? They've been more responsive and always have some in stock, unlike the Chevy dealer 10 miles away.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Thanks for the responses. I'll get it with the adaptive cruise control from 40-Mile-Away-Motors™.

Aino Minako posted:

Harveygod, congrats! Which color are you going to pick? I also agree adaptive cruise is great if you’re going to spend time in traffic regularly.

I'm stuck between "Ggay ghost" or the "bright blue".

I kind of like the look of the blue better (reminds me of my old 2002 Focus) but I also feel like it stands out a bit. I kind of like blending in with cars. I don't know, it's weird.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

I wasn't fixing it after I posted. I also read it in Scooby-Doo's cowardly voice.

Here's what I'm probably looking at:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

WhiteHowler posted:

Still waiting for an allocation on my custom Bolt EUV order, but the dealership called me this morning saying a buyer had backed out on another EUV. Different trim level and boring-rear end gray, so I passed.

It might be a sign that with the car market potentially taking a downward turn, EVs may get easier to find/buy soon.

Same here, but for a Bolt EV that I ordered in December.

Supposedly dealers aren't getting any EV model allocations until possibly May. I called today and apparently Domino's Pizza is buying them all right now. Which I guess maybe explains why so many of them are white.

That full tax credit was soooo close...:shepicide:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

ROFLBOT posted:

So i finally got the first ETA date range for my Model Y Performance i ordered on the opening day of orders last year

Just got an email from my dealer that the Bolt EV I ordered in December has been accepted for production. So, 4-6 weeks! :woop:

One of the emails from the sales lady:

quote:

The wait will end soon. Lol

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

TheWevel posted:

"We don't share quotes until you come in because we don't want you to show it to our competitor"

I went to a Kia dealer last year and they didn't even give me a direct price in person, just the monthly payment and the interest rate. I back-calculated the purchase price after I got home and basically noped out of it.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

priznat posted:

I guess being the only 3 row EV they get to set the price for now.

:sigh:

Ford just announced that they're delaying their 3-row EV. I have my fingers crossed that the Pacifica BEV actually happens next year. My wife's car is getting a bit dead.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

bird with big dick posted:

Sodium catches fire when you drop it in water you people are trying to get us all killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW-JFqxH72E

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Are (non-Tesla) Level 2 chargers generic?

Could I use the charger that came with my Bolt to charge a Pacifica PHEV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Stultus Maximus posted:

If it fits it charges.

:byoscience: