Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Reading comprehension my guy.

what he said works too for "looking better to play"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

hoisted upon his own petard...... drat

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ymgve posted:

Being incredibly successful at attracting the opposite sex does not mean you are attracted to the opposite sex. I would have preferred the NV perks to be pure "additional dialog options and romances" and not the "extra damage" stuff.

weird hangup

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ymgve posted:

Is it really weird to have hangupsabout something that mixes sexual attraction with violence?

yeah. the point of it is just the pun and adding two functionalities into the same perk. not really a big deal

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

Posting this definitely helped. Thank you so much for your service. Make sure to keep posting about posting, it's definitely not worse than whatever posts you're unhappy with.

chill. set a good example and don't post this kind of negativity

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

The Grumbles posted:

Since when was SA all chuds this and chuds that

American culture is real wild rn but it's good that SA has had a turn to the left over the years. the TLOU2 thread was abysmal, though

e: didn't see your post, snu

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

jim is an extremely gay genderqueer person lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-dev-promises-big-bug-fixes-in-day-one-patch/1100-6485224/

https://twitter.com/fabiandoehla/status/1336039605762748420?s=20

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I said come in! posted:

What this dev is saying is not true though, because we have seen these issues on PS5 gameplay in leaked footage.

let's find out

Turin Turambar posted:

That's interesting, and good to know. And also weird, usually if the settings in a game are too high, I should have low framerate, but not miss a loving animation or have invisible objects.

if this open world is made like all the others, its engine is held together with bubble gum and the hopes and prayers of many overworked people

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I said come in! posted:

We already have, what that dev is saying is demonstrably not true.

bzzt wrongo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, and it has nothing to do with settings either. It's just happening regardless of that.

or it does

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Those problems are happening on PS5 and Series X too.

glad they'll be fixed

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Geralt is much more of a Mary Sue than Goku lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

cdpr is locking off content for straight men. this is unacceptable

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i like creating a character that looks like myself in the role playing games i play. doesn't seem too wild, but i'm just a simple, country gamer

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i would make this guy except i would put a beard on him

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

my best friend in college always played as girls in games and i was like "why" and he said "if i have to look at someone's rear end for 40 hours, it might as well be a girl's rear end" and that has stuck with me forever.

immersing myself in the role of a girl because i'm not gay

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

rap music posted:

which console do you play on lmao

he's right. also i'm playing on ps5

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

judy looks like the gay version of the replicant chick from blade runner. they were baiting clueless nerds all along and it should be illegal

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

adding you to the class action suit

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ymgve posted:

Nah, Cohh is streaming tomorrow, so I wonder if he's starting just as the embargo expires, or if there are other streamers that start before that

https://twitter.com/CohhCarnage/status/1334228202399653901

they put him in their game and made homie wear a trash bag

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

I don't think it ruins the thread, except for people who thread poo poo, and good discussion shouldn't be driven off by those assholes, because then they win

Edit: Haha, TWO people thread poo poo while I was typing that. Jesus lol

you panicked when someone rightfully told you men can wear dresses and it doesn't necessarily make them trans. you're gonna need to sit this one out, maybe have a cooler head before continuing this line of discussion

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Men can be fem too, normalize men wearing frilly dresses

Trans is a little bit more than just that

Simone Magus posted:

Cool, a cis guy telling a trans person what is and isn't trans

Lol great thread

you did. it's okay, people know where you're coming from, but you responded strongly to Zaphod42's post and you probably owe them an apology

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Vorik posted:

I got called an idiot I've been crucified lmao

I think it's all settled now. we can leave it alone now :) what lifepath are you planning on going first?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm logging in, to Night City in a couple days

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

eonwe posted:

whoever bought Zaphod a redtext with the insult 'autist' in it, you're a fuckin loser

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lurker2006 posted:

to be honest from the takes I've seen I'm kind of getting the impression that I was most dreading. Outside of the bugs the game is just kind of dull and unremarkable. Mediocre shooting, some halfhearted nods to deus ex style non linearity(hack the door or go through the vent right next to it), a lot of edge thrown at the wall that isn't particularly clever, there's nothing I've seen that jumps out at me as the game having that intangible spark that elevates it beyond your generic expectations. Hopefully I'm just a dumb wrong rear end in a top hat.

:stare:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dystopia Mod was great

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

did you guys know that this is just a video game with the normal limitations lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/FiskyBizniz/status/1336696420699660288?s=19

goty

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Frankston posted:

Uh, is Dum Dum supposed to follow you around everywhere after the spiderbot mission? Dude won't leave me alone but I can't talk or interact with him, he just keeps slowly walking towards me. He even gets in cars with me.

can you please get video of this

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kraftwerk posted:

I forgot to ask, what’s the best use of hacking and how does the mini game work?
How can I use hacking to my advantage? I don’t find it useful beyond using breach to induce mass vulnerability on everyone. Or hacking access points for money.

By the way if you use the auto-scrap junk skill you miss out on 750 ED or more in potential junk sales.

you alternate choosing the hexadecimal numbers by column and row. it doesn't matter if you start with a column that doesn't begin with the number you need for the hack you're trying to do as long as you get to it by the time ends. if the numbers work for it, you can also chain them, I think?

you also have unlimited time in the screen before beginning the minigame to plan although I think time still flows outside of it so if someone doesn't like what you're doing, they can come shoot you

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I said come in! posted:

No reason to believe they were lying.

lol come on son

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FiftySeven posted:

While this isn't my screenshot, it nicely illustrates something that was bugging me. I am running this game on a 3080 and when I look in the mirror, I see this mess looking back at me. Horribly rendered hair and blurry models. Is this just how things are, or is there some setting in NVidia's controls or in game that makes the hair actually look nice again? To an extent, this is something I have noticed in other games before, so I am just left wondering if its something that Nvidia happens to suck at...

lmfao is this another photo of Dum Dum following someone around

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I'm making no such allegation. They saw what they saw- but they may not have seen what they thought they were seeing.

EDIT: I like the Giant Bomb guys and am not disparaging them.

i wouldn't bother with that guy, that's just how he posts

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

OctaMurk posted:

How do i get money by hacking

i found some pachinko machines and hacked them for some eddies

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rinkles posted:

speaking of daemons, how does the camera perk work? I don't see a new option when highlighting cameras.

I didn't understand what happening at first either, but pinging the camera in the quest where you go get the daemon shows you its relationship with the access point on the wall to the right, so then you know you can go hack it. it's just demonstrating what ping does

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this patch better be good as hell at 17.67GB

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

so if I was sent the key, how do I get Jackie's bike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ymgve posted:

Follow the quest marker, you should have gained a quest for it

"Heroes" finished with after I called the person and I ran back up to my apartment and got the key