Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Spent NYE in bed with a sore throat and fever, 2021 not off to a good start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

D-LINK posted:

When someone buys you a horny av, are you supposed to horny post thereafter?

What other kinds of posting are there?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

HB SB

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I get him confused with the coal dude who immediately sues anyone who says something negative about him.

Robert Murray. Easy to confuse them since he died recently too.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

swickles posted:

the subway where I work and went to medical school

I hope you got an employee discount on your tuition :haw:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

And yeah finding OP combinations of boons is the most fun thing about that game. The Chiron aspect of the bow feels almost like cheating to me at this point.

Some of my favorite runs feature the chain lightning attack boon on the gun with the Daedalus hammer upgrade that gives you unlimited shots without reloading. Easily the fastest runs I've had, just mow everything down

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

I got married today.

Congrats! :toot:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Ehud posted:

from "dude, it's prom!"

to "dude, it's a degenerative brain disease!"

my little fiz is all grown up!

Dude, it's prions

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Blowjob Overtime posted:

After a week or two of using our new dishwasher, I want to say this top drawer for silverware is a gamechanger:

Wait, that's what that rack is for? I've been using it for lids, bottle parts/sippy cup parts, and other miscellaneous bits

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Spoeank posted:

The best part of having a scribble signature is when you have to sign a massive stack of paperwork (like for a mortgage) and it descends into madness as your hand loses its grip on reality

My favorite part of the mortgage signing was that I had to also scribble sign my middle name, which I'm not at all used to doing and which completely threw me off

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

An old partner of mine picked up a dude in a car from a traffic stop, bleeding profusely with a degloved dick and balls.

He worked at a local sawmills and decided to drag his dick on a swift industrial conveyor belt, you know, for kicks.

He didn't count on there being a staple in the belt.

Ripped the skin from the base of his scrotum and pulled out a patch circumferentially and it was all bunched up at the head, testicles just kind of free of their flesh cage.

That's nuts

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Musk recently passed Bezos.

I hate that I knew this already and only included that link as proof. But now you know it too.

IIRC Bezos passed Musk again a few days later

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

That guy definitely looks like he's had his spirit broken by being dunked on, though

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Anals of History posted:

[/lurk]
[*]Would love to hear any tips people have for dealing with sleep problems or insomnia. I'm sleeping a normal amount of time and I have no problem getting down, but it's almost all light sleep. REM is negligible and deep sleep is non-existent. Likewise, progression in the weight room has stalled, I'm picking up a little bit of weight, and I find myself feeling exhausted around 2pm. Tried not looking at my phone in bed, not eating within three hours of bedtime, listening to stuff on Calm or other mindfulness apps, not taking naps, etc. but nothing seems to change sleep quality so far. Wondering what other variables I should be looking at.
[lurk]

Oof, I'm in the same "fall asleep easily enough, get enough hours, but the sleep isn't great and I'm forever exhausted" boat. I know I don't get enough exercise and am super stressed out 100% of the time due to issues with anxiety. Five months ago I finished weaning myself off 14 years of clonazepam use which is for sure messing with my brain. I'm hoping that with time my brain reaches a better baseline and sleep improves but I'm not really sure what else to do if it doesn't.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

The Wild Man of YOLO :sun:

e: Athanatos flip a coin and change my name to this if it comes up tails

e2: Or maybe do it either way, I never really cared for this screen name

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 17, 2021

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Athanatos posted:

Done.

Your login info changes so remember your new name

Hell yeah, thank you! I feel more wild already

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

This is the Dave I keep thinking of

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Thaddius the Large posted:

Random question not at all related to recent pop culture, has Malcolm in the Middle held up? Haven’t watched it since I was a kid, but man I enjoyed it back then

My daughter and I have been watching MitM over the past few months. It's held up really well imo

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Spoken like an anti-dentite

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf0dcMH4N5U

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I just realized there's someone's out there whose life work has been to put together every inconsistency in the Star Trek universe and we just haven't been diligent enough in finding them. God bless that person.

Unless they were Aatrek or Timothy McVeigh or...well, you know it'd be that type of person. So nevermind.

I read this back in the 90s. It's a start.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Still mad they refused to consider "Abolish ICE" even though it had the second-most votes

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Highly recommend keeping an eye on online auctions and estate sales. I got my Roomba lightly used for about a quarter of its original price. It's one of those home items I love to have but never would have owned if I had to pay full price (this was one of the ~$600 models)

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Does anybody have any experience with filing a noise complaint? A few months back, our neighbors installed half a dozen ultrasonic animal deterrent boxes in their yard. They make an annoying, high-pitched, oscillating sort of sound lasting several seconds and they go off a couple times a minute. You can faintly hear these things from every room in our house and, if the weather were warmer, they'd be ruining any attempt to sit on the porch and read a book or peacefully do some grilling. We finally sent the woman next door a letter about it last week (it felt important to do stuff in writing with this neighbor, she's already embroiled in lawsuits with the folks on the other side of her) but that accomplished jack poo poo. The animals just ignore these things, the only thing they're actually doing is annoying my family all day and all night.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Spirited Away has been one of my daughter's favorite movies since she was 6 or 7. Granted, I had no idea what it was when I grabbed it from my brother's abandoned movie collection, I just knew she liked Totoro a whole lot :shrug:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Voted for the good dog

Well, they are all good dogs, but you know

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

It does say he'll draw the spaceships "If Finn wins this contest," which is a condition that's not yet met

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

poo poo poo poo poo poo, in half an hour I have a short, informal phone interview for a job I'd love to have and my anxiety is through the roof right now. Nothing in the world freaks me out more than a job interview, I'm terrified of being asked technical questions that I can't answer off the top of my head

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Thaddius the Large posted:

Start drinking, there’s still time! YOLO!

I'm at work right now but I'm surrounded by labs with a variety of chemicals so I guess anything is possible

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Made it through the call okay but predictably stumbled some during the free-form "talking about myself and why I want this role" section. I guess they'll decide in the next week or two who to (virtually) bring in for a more formal interview.

Thanks for the goon support!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo, in half an hour I have a short, informal phone interview for a job I'd love to have and my anxiety is through the roof right now. Nothing in the world freaks me out more than a job interview, I'm terrified of being asked technical questions that I can't answer off the top of my head

Welp, they advanced me to the next round, which is a two-hour virtual interview sometime this week :shepicide:

It's a great opportunity and I'm happy to have it, especially since I don't really have experience working in the field, just a fairly recent graduate degree. I just need to get past some mental hurdles that I don't have a particularly great track record with.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I think we all know it's not the size of the pecker that's important but rather whether it's ivory-billed

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

CannonFodder posted:

My 3 weeks paid seem paltry now.

Beats my two :v:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Has anyone had any luck with the hidrb.com sign up? I registered for that a couple weeks ago and I haven't had any luck. Just wondering if it's actually useful or not.

I signed up a couple weeks ago and haven't heard a drat thing

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Been awhile since we had a Dave update

Supposedly season 2 is still due out this year

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Ehud posted:

I think he means Dave Growl, the dog

Oh, I knew what he meant

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

This is just part of Ehud's parent training

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea, but she also says "we'll be in a much better place", so it seems like she wants the population reduced.

I think the translation is "we'll be chilling in heaven (because Bill Gates killed us)"