Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"if your conception of any society dismisses the social contract as a prerequisite than I have some bad news for communism too" i say to the livid communist kneeling next to me with his hands tied behind his back while a death squad member is executing us one by one and the one guy who recalled our police and army receives a comically large gameshow-style check from a USAID employee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

thotsky posted:

To be fair I've never gotten to choose my leaders, was conscripted and I am subject to effectively arbitrary imprisonment and punishment as well. If there was an actual alternative to that you'd have a point, but that just seems to be a constant everywhere, the only difference being how you dress it up.

drawing a circle or an x on a piece of paper and putting it into a box every 4 years transforms those scars of dicatorship you've listed into necessary sacrifices for Democracy™

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Rutibex posted:

i want to control the products of my labor

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Rutibex posted:

how are you going to have a revolution if you cant convince stupid people to join you

there's normal stupid and then there's rutibex stupid

fellas he's loving with you, just ignore him because this is now a boring rear end discussion

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

indigi posted:

nice appeal to authority

loving lol

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/InfraHaz/status/1415505168280477697

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Kaedric posted:

This is dumb

Instead think about how they can become allies. They believe 90% of the same things you do, pull them across the other 10%

the other 10% is the bedrock of their ideology, dum-dum

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Kaedric posted:

I get that there are people who do that whole 'literally I cannot even have a boss at my co-op if I am an anarchist' but that is a vanishingly small and noisy group. The removal of unjust hierarchy is not the same thing as having no hierarchy at all.

right, and then it turns out that any hierarchy they don't like is unjust and we're back to square one

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

mila kunis posted:

i remember asking anarchists about how they would coordinate a response to a pandemic or climate change and the response was "well we'd just let people enter into voluntarist arrangements on how to go about it" instead of a statist approach

i don't see how this is any different from "the market will decide" libertarian bullshit thats led us to exactly where they are today. the retreat of the state from economic and policy decision making in the neoliberal era led to a power vacuum where the most powerful private interests dominate. how is anarchism not a right wing ideology

what crime against humanity did you commit to get the "Funded by the Pissflaps coalition" gang tag

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

an anarchist ventilator would end up like one of those goon projects

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

even chairman bob bent the knee to biden, probably got him a whole fifteen votes

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Hatebag posted:

Metal is very casually accepting of nazis, like the burzum nazi guy never made anything that doesn't suck but people feel free to wear burzum shirts to metal shows. Black metal in general is chock full of nazis and lots of bands that include a lot of references to nazis for "shock value" but it turns out the bands are just nazis. Most nazi metal is black metal or folk metal, which mostly sucks and is boring almost deliberately. There's thrash nazis too, like pantera and slayer, which is unfortunate because reign in blood is one of my favorite albums.
The punk nazis started in the 80s because hardcore drew in suburbanites who just wanted anonymous violence at shows and because they were suburbanites they were racist and easy pickings for nazis to recruit. At least with punk most bands and crowds will call out nazis and beat the poo poo out of them or throw them out of a venue.

pantera aren't nazis, phil anselmo did shout out "white power" during "a new level" a couple of times in the late 90s/early 00s but that's more heroin-and-alcholo-addiction-fueled stupidity than nazism
slayer aren't nazis either, iirc jeff hanneman was a ww2 history buff or whatever it's called and he wrote the ww2 themed songs
this doesn't mean some of them aren't probably conservative but nazi is a different thing
I mean, lemmy collected ww2 memorabilia, is he a nazi

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Hatebag posted:

Pantera guy also draped everything in confederate flags for decades and has repeatedly made racist statements. Maybe not a nazi per se but definitely a racist piece of poo poo.
Slayer had a song "behind the crooked cross" which is literally nazi sympathy and they covered guilty of being white and changed the last line to guilty of being right! Lol. Also they draped themselves in nazi poo poo and Araya was posting trump poo poo a few years ago
Anyway here's hanneman

Lemmy's cool he just liked knives and hats

Honestly, all of this sounds more like edgelord type "look at me!!!" poo poo than actual political views.
Except for Anselmo, because he does have a history of comments and actions which to me is a bit different than a song from the POV of a Nazi (then Cross of Iron is a Nazi movie) and nazi salutes which are universally seen in Europe and America as the edgiest of edges. Remember that one English royal who went to a costume party as a Nazi? It's dumb shock value.
But I don't want to spend any more time defending these idiots, it isn't remotely pleasant.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

it seems they protected their account, what were the tweets saying

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ah, the elusive anarcho-necrophile

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

and much like a frog on a monocycle it doesn't work

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lol this has to be bait

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

mila kunis posted:

with the benefit of hindsight, we now know that the correct response to the total breakdown of the state and society here was volunteerism and completing the abolishing of the state instead of reconstituting it, as those nasty bolsheviks did

jesus christ, that was hell on earth

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lol this is just "never held power" and "held power"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

in matter of boots, refer to the bootlicker

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

punished jed bartlett

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

those dead kids didn't trust the funk

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

pnac attack posted:

"quit heroin? but that's what makes me happy"

wow turns out you're just a poo poo

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

it was a self-managed prison/mining colony

pnac's paradise

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

indigi posted:

it’s a shame Robert Evans is alive

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

i just read every pnac post as if it's coming from this guy:

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Pnac's mandatory genocide number has gone up another billion if the 40mil number is the new standard

anarchist version of "the wall just got ten feet higher"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

it's gonna be like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-bxPsxpE0

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

you plug it in and it shows the chaz shooting from a first person POV

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

these people's anarchism sounds worse than that libertarian utopia copypasta

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

it fits "teenage mutant ninja turtles"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

croup coughfield posted:

quick bonus for the guy who tries to explain everything in song lyrics

And I find it kind of funny. I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which 6 billion people are dying are the best I've ever had.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

pnac attack posted:

not seeing the genocide? who's doing it?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

it's the capitalist solution but turbocharged

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

just read the synopsis of "the abolition of work" and lmao its the dumbest poo poo I ever heard

OK anarchists you all go ahead and voluntarily do the free play of shoveling pig poo poo

I swear, what no dialectical materialism does to a mf's brain...

RETVRN TO MONKEBABY

that's what they want, to be a baby again

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

neoliberal hellworld > anarchist "utopia"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They probably think they can just trade for them with the pharmaceutical commune, but trade with what? Money? Are rural towns going to have to take up trapping again since they only exist to service farms? Are communes organized around communities or industries? Do you have to work for the coal mine to trade in kind for pharmaceuticals with coal?

If everybody is trading in kind, how do you account for the disparity in value production from communes that produce low value goods? What's to stop the pharma commune from growing rich with commodities like this? They really just have not thought about it at all - and any real solutions involve the kind of use of force that resembles a state too much.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lmao @ the chomsky-epstein connection, the last guy I'd think would get ensnared

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

oh no, not fidel

https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1492256126477516804

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

if I was scott I'd beat the poo poo out of that student president who used me to cause the deaths of all those people I met and talked to