Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CarlCX posted:

the funny thing is the last guy who really wound up in that position was Cody

Dude got over a bit with Legacy only to get sort of shoved down and ultimately fed to Orton, he got saddled with the whole Dashing/Dr. Doom thing and kind of started to get the Dr. Doom thing over so they put him right back in Legacy, started getting over again with the IC title only to get fed to Orton for a second time, got over again with Sandow only for them to decide to run with Sandow instead, got absolutely red hot teaming with Goldust against The Authority only to repeatedly lose to the loving New Age Outlaws, got saddled with Stardust and managed to get a really compelling brother vs brother feud over with the crowd only to get denied their chance at a blowoff. Even people around here got absolutely loving sick of seeing Cody because they'd so wildly successfully defused his hype over and over again.

So look for Bray to leave the company in three years and start the ECW revival everyone's waiting for so we can have the big three back together again, basically

I was at a house show in Columbia, SC five years ago that ended up being Cody's final appearance in WWE and it was the platonic ideal representation of his last few years in the company. I don't remember which of these two things happened first but he lost a match to Apollo Crews and had a segment where he said that no one from SC could beat him that ended with Big Show sneaking up on him and knocking him out with one punch

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/BLACKXMASS_/status/1400561284077158401

Aleister Black was going to kidnap Dominick. Also his look was meant to be Joseph Seed from Far Cry and not Garth Merenghi or David Koresh... I don't believe him.

hosed up that we don't live in a timeline where he based his entire gimmick on Garth Marenghi. You can't tell me that wouldn't have been an instant draw

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WWE Doom House, book it

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kunabomber posted:

vince recruiting the best writers from fanfiction.net

He should hire the guy that wrote the 54 chapter fic that's entirely comprised of Edge cutting promos on everyone in WWE

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3875322/1/Razor-s-Edge

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gumball Gumption posted:

We're literally weeks away from Braun giving us promos from the front seat of his car parked in a walmart parking lot while he has sunglasses on.

Ad by Khad posted:

Braun Strowman get on stevia

Braun Strowman in the walmart parking trying and failing to run wind sprints while continuously asking women to tell him that he's fast

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

According to the WOR today ticket sales for WWE are bad with a lot of places being under 3000

Move to the Impact Zone you cowards

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kunabomber posted:

jobbing to jinder mahal in a 3 minute match while his brother re-invented himself again as one of the best heel acts in current memory

edit: twice back-to-back :stare:

This is the buildup to Disassembled Jeff Hardy

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Golden Bee posted:

Apparently WWE has a new scam credit card, with a whopping 23.99% interest rate. IRS would kill you for taking it

Get on WCW's level, marks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br4vMhgaBjY

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fushin posted:

Here is how the Drew can’t challenge Lashley for the title stipulation will prove worthless after a couple weeks:

Lesnar comes back and beats Lashley for the title on a random Raw, Drew challenges Lesnar for the title by beating Lashley one on one on the next Raw for the number one contender spot against Lesnar, Lashley beats some jobbers in a gauntlet to earn a spot in MITB. Lashley wins the MITB, Lesnar beats Drew (some shenanigans involved in the ending), so we have the next six months of some variation of Lesnar - Drew - Lashley and this “Drew can’t challenge Lashley for the title” stipulation means nothing after a week or two and was ultimately pointless. I typed with lots of commas so reading this would feel like watching Raw.

Drew gets pinned by both Lesnar and Lashley at Wrestlemania and has to change his name to Drewdrop

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DLC Inc posted:

WWE's women's division is loving terrible

These Loss edits are getting esoteric

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Do it ironically posted:

is chad gable still with the wwe?

Here's how his last eight months have gone according to Wikipedia

quote:

On the October 23 episode of SmackDown, after losing to Lars Sullivan, he announced that he had quit being "Shorty G" and reverted to the ring name Chad Gable.[55][56] On November 13 edition of SmackDown, Gable opened The Alpha Academy and attempted to recruit Otis as his first client, seemingly turning face in the process.

On the February 19, 2021 episode of SmackDown, Chad Gable ordered Otis to attack Rey Mysterio after their tag team match, thus reverting back to heel in the process.[57][58]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

Current MITB card for July 18:

It's time to play are any wrestlers in this ppv under thirty

Chris James 2 posted:

Bobby Lashley (45 by the time of the ppv) defends the WWE title against Kofi Kingston (about to turn 40)
Roman Reigns (36) defends the Universal title against Edge (47)
Rhea Ripley (24) defends the Raw women's title against Charlotte (35)
Women's MITB featuring Asuka (about to turn 40), Naomi (33), Alexa Bliss (about to turn 30), Nikki Cross (32), Carmella (33), Liv Morgan (27), and two more SD talent
Men's MITB featuring Riddle (35), Ricochet (32), John Morrison (41), Big E (35), the winner of Owens (37)/Zayn (37 by the time of the ppv) next week, the winner of Styles (44)/Drew (36)/Orton (41) next week, and two more SD talent

Three wrestlers under thirty, two of whom are in the same match with the third being the only person under 25

Lol, lmao

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 27, 2021

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

ASHY LASHLY INCOMING

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DarkstarIV posted:

Not shocking but Drake Wuertz confirmed he was fired from WWE for refusing to follow medical protocols, and went on a completely batshit insane rant on Instagram about it.

Also WWE is now ran by communists apparently.

"I'd rather flip burgers for the glory of god" is a phrase that needs to live on past his qpilled post

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Cael posted:

Darius Rucker

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dacap posted:

This from a company that did 4 Cell matches in a single week this year.

Hell (in a Cell) Week

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jackie D posted:

Why does the WWE Please Get Vaccinated PSA only have heels in it

Gotta get heat, brother

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It was the Monday after a holiday! Or something

https://twitter.com/KDTrey_SZN/status/1412892789667401728
It's just the pre-live show jitters lasting several months, nothing to worry about

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 8, 2021

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can only take a few of the clips that get posted here every week. THE EVIL IS MINE is the worst loving catchphrase in wrestling

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 8, 2021

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Boneyard Match 2
Wyatt Family Reboot
Cena returns
Live sex celebration
WWE championship Karrion Kross
Kane
Shield 2: Hypercube
The Authority returns
Uhhhh

We Just Need Triple H

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Did anyone save that WWE rematch chart? The tweet's been deleted

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

a cyborg mug posted:

What happens in this clip? Not available in my region

Pat McAfee dancing to not great guitar playing while standing in a foot bath

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 10, 2021

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HE LIKES TO HAVE FUN MAGGLE

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I remember in the past when goons would advise other goons "don't go to Raw/Smackdown tapings, they're miserable slogs, go to house shows, the workers are more relaxed and they're much more fun", so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did stop doing them

Can confirm, every house show I went to had a memorable moment in hindsight. Cody getting squashed by Apollo Crews and Big Show in two separate segments that ended up being his last in the company, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk tag teaming against the Wyatts during what ended up being Punk's last tour with the company (and he didn't do much in the match because of MRSA), and Cena vs. Rollins where they were trying out a spot that ended up loving up Cena's elbow at a PPV weeks later.

What I'm getting at is AEW should never run a show in Columbia, SC, we're a harbinger of bad times.

On the plus side though the Cena vs. Rollins match had a part where a little girl near the barricades started crying because Cena was losing and Seth grabbed a mic and announced that he's made one of Cena's fans cry and that the only way to make her stop is to give up and let him win the match.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 10, 2021

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I lived in Columbia a few years they were the worst of my life possibly, miserable place

USC's easily the best part of the city in my experience, but I'm probably biased for having been there for way too long after when I should have graduated

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I feel that, definitely met some cool folks but i've never felt heat like Columbia in the summer, even Arizona in the summer doesn't compare to 109 with 100% humidity to me. Hope the Whig across from the statehouse still has a great burger!

I've never been to The Whig, maybe I'll go there next week. I can confirm that Monterrey is still the best Mexican place in town though

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 10, 2021

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

beggar posted:

Related to cursed shows in that town, I was at the Thunder where Buff broke his neck

That was here? Oh god, no :smith:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bring back DDP, he and Goldberg's match did a pretty good rating on that one Nitro that if I remember correctly

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

explosivo posted:

Any idea what the cancellation could be about?

The presale tickets were probably completely untouched and they didn't want to run a venue with Thunderdome levels of attendance

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Are they just taking their ball and going back to the thunderdome forever

No one signs up for thunderdome and nick khan closes the performance center and then every show has to take place in vince's office

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Penguin Patrol posted:

just need one more good shot

2040's Roman Reigns looking pretty good

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gonz posted:

I’d like to think that Vince somehow got his hands on a PS2 devkit and told the production department to do something with it.

Net Yaroze Vince McMahon is a gimmick I never knew I wanted

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 17, 2021

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

He decides that Alexa Bliss needs a PS1 game and we somehow get a crossover with Petscop

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Beeswax posted:

I don't follow WWE but I need to know - which is the bigger jobber show, Main Event or 205 Live?

Raw

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Beeswax posted:

Happy that someone in here can answer a question rather than just post circlejerk garbage. Much obliged!

It was a serious answer, WWE makes everyone look like jobbers in the long run because brand over talent. Raw is as much of a jobber show as Main Event

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Jiro Dreams of Push.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

new thread title plz

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Goldberg's on Raw tonight, Cena's back... Goldberg vs. Cena at SummerSlam???

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

projecthalaxy posted:

It was triple h

is pepsi ok posted:

What a mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.