Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Khanstant posted:

good i freakin hate all countries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

mcmagic posted:

It's crazy because commander is more like monopoly than magic. It bears very little similarity to the magic that i grew up playing lol

commander is the most popular form of m:tg so it sounds like monopoly is very magic-like actually. wait, what on earth are you talking about?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

it's the first day of hannukah and the mtg arena store has 70% a bunch of display styles for cards with "light" or "candle" in the name :3:

also I just pulled a copy of Urza's Saga from the list slot in this brother's war set booster box!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Mezzanon posted:

gently caress I have to learn standard for the RC in Vancouver in March.

Is there a mono blue tempo deck?

There is but not sure how strong it is. Delver, Tolarian serpent etc

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Goa Tse-tung posted:

as a Kaya fanboy the spoiler leaves me with mixed feelings

she's badass (as predicted), but she's like a passing ship in the night regarding artifacts and arrives too late, so storywise probably without impact

edit: also I don't get Tyvar at all, like he's from a different set and got crunched into this one

i think the phyrexians are using the world tree from zendikar for their invasion in some way so maybe the elves are uh mad about it ??

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Due to a planeshifting accident, every card in the game is now Jace, The Something

I cast Jace, The Lightning Bolt for R

it's sort of like this, but

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Post Malone is now canon

on release they rip a sticker off that was concealing that the set is actually called Phyrexia: All Will Be Malone and all magic cards are now Post Malone based puns or names

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

the story is good actually

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

edit: wrong thread

secret lair lukka art leaked

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

A Moose posted:

What's the difference between a rotating format and a non-rotating format that completely changes whenever a horizons set comes out, completely obsoleting every set that came before it?

one's rotating and one's non-rotating, hth

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

homelands was a terrible set but it also rules. baron sengir? cmon

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Silhouette posted:

Cowboy world is one of the remaining ideas on Maro's shortlist that hasn't been done yet, and we got viking world and cyberpunk world within 2 years of each other, so I'm eagerly anticipating this one in like 2025

Edit: Ulgrotha: High Noon

intrusive thought "horsemanship is now deciduous"

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

rickiep00h posted:

It's legit the worst gimmick on Youtube and I'm annoyed every time his videos show up recommended to me because I know the content itself is good, but delivered in the most obnoxious way possible. Just be loving normal.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Khanstant posted:

Why are the cards paper and not something like normal plasticy material playing cards? Did a Winston draft today with a buddy in the sunlight and I just never really noticed how insanely quickly and easily the cards scratch up or get little dings or are slightly less flat after handling. Tons of shuffling in this game in general and shuffling is hard to do without bending or damaging cards unsleeved. I'm guessing just the affordable option at the time magic originally created, but other newer cards games seem to use the fragile paper too.

it's a plot by the card grading companies to guarantee scarcity of mint condition cards :tinfoil:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

would absolutely not recommend buying a complete set of commander legal sets as a cost saving enterprise

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

my hot take is that ONE limited is a great format and I like it a lot. sealed and draft.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

well poo poo im pretty loving hyped for this set now

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The Praetors, being double sided sagas is an awesome way to portray them enacting their personal master schemes.

it rules! I love so many things about what we've seen so far and I think it's a really cool new combo permanent type

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

mossyfisk posted:

Fblthp, the Compleately Lost

oh poo poo

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

it's a flavor win if the 001/001 ring's whereabouts are unknown for a decade or so. i hope it's not found for a long time

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

whose oaths are being broken anyway

im thinking based on nothing at all that it's uhhh a ref to the gatewatch , because the format is planeswalkers battle royale so they aren't working together !

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

fadam posted:

Question for the story readers: is the Phyrexian arc done 100%? Are we moving on to the next big super arc?

jin-gitaxis is the only praetor who isn't confirmed dead i believe. there is the aftermath epilogue mini-set coming out next but that's it

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

whydirt posted:

I think the story is pretty rad because I have the soul of a middle schooler who doodles the cool S on all my notebooks and not a terminally online curmudgeon

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

neaden posted:

So long ago this card was printed

Giant leviathan, clearly dwarfing the whales it's next too. But it's just a 3/3 instead of a 20/20 or whatever. That became a joke where Wizards then decided Segovia was a teeny tiny plane where everything is small. So Segovia Angels are just 1/1s for instance. If you plansewalk there you become small, but if you take something with you it stays the same size when you revert.

lolling at the flavor text pull from "The Bible" whatever that is

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Why does it have Cycling?

ikoria is cycling themed and it's an broken iconic ikoria artifact so it's on theme for it to go to the graveyard .. ???

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

HootTheOwl posted:

There are three:
Meld, transform, and mdfc.
Convert, for the Transformer cards, and day/nightbiund are a variant on transform.

Tokens can't meld, and there's no way to flip an mdfc anyways so they don't really interact with tokens differently than you expect.
701.37b Only two cards belonging to the same meld pair can be melded. Tokens, cards that aren’t meld cards, or meld cards that don’t form a meld pair can’t be melded.

i played a lot in the 90s and only really got back into magic by playing arena during early covid times. i noticed that this list doesn't include morph or emerge which i have seen referenced on a couple of things but can tokens morph or emerge?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

flatluigi posted:

suspend is a neat mechanic and its interaction with cascade is cool imo

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

rickiep00h posted:

Mono Red/RDW/Sligh has a long and storied history in Magic. Attacking and doming opponents has been the core of the gameplay loop forever. It is literally the most fair Magic there is.

Don't ever feel bad about playing Mono Red.

100% agreed

you are doing a public service any event you enter mono red in. you're the reason that people can't play greedy decks. and you're going to win a lot of games anyway :twisted:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Also from the name of the next Eldraine set ("The Wilds of...") they could be deemphasizing the knights and castles part and emphasizing the enchanted woodsy part too. Which is fine by me.

i mean they're going to do the kenrith succession bit and white cards will be in the set so i think knights and castles part will still be happening

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Silhouette posted:

I just want Locthwain and Embereth straight up reprinted, they can make new versions of the other ones if they want

bad news about castle locthwain

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Qwertycoatl posted:

Arena's only rigged against half the players, it's rigged in favour of the other half

thank u for ur service, sucker half. love winning 57% of my games without trying

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

mossyfisk posted:

Im at my wits end I enjoyed this game but I literally can't play I've done everything to my deck but the mana just clumps up into pockets and after about 3 or 4 games its like the problem starts over again even if I've changed my mana ive read countless comments saying this is broken and people literally just want the decks to shuffle right but nothing has changed I want this game to at least be playable.

Love the idea of switching out your lands as a sort of digital manaweaving. I miss the Arena forum, the thread for complaining about shuffling was hundreds of pages of solid gold.

wat

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

precision posted:

Yes and Coca-Cola used to have cocaine in it

You're out of your mind downplaying this lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

uggy posted:

Thread needs its own aftermath

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

PharmerBoy posted:

The trouble is this is fuckery in the service of making money, not in the service of "cause we can." Violence is too "loud" to reach their end goals. Even the cops are (finally) having trouble covering up their killings. This is:

• a private organization
  • in someone else's residence
  • with at least one witness (the wife)
  • where the target is a moderately successful public figure
  • the target has within the week made it known they have something your employer wants
  • the target (to my knowledge) isn't a demographic the powers that be habitually ignore the death of
  • not in a "blurry" situation like a protest

This isn't a situation where you go break someone's legs, or worse, without getting blowback. Cops come, the material you want gets held up in evidence, your employer can't take anymore action without it coming under a massive spotlight. These aren't Captain Planet villains throwing oil in the river for fun, they're trying to accomplish a goal, and that goal is better accomplished with legal threats.

Hell, the Kotaku article goes into the threats, they're all legal. If you're interviewing or being interviewed, why not lead with "I felt like I was physically in danger."

Saying the Pinkertons break bones every time they leave HQ (I'm not certain what you mean by the 1:1 remark, but this is what I'm getting out of it) comes across as someone who's clearly exaggerating part of their argument, so the rest can be written off as exaggeration as well.

Oh, good point. If violence is counterproductive, the violent criminal thugs hired as an intimidation tactic will definitely come to the conclusion that violence isn't helping anything. Thank you for clearing that up.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

HootTheOwl posted:

Arena shuffler is bugged and streaky.
Don't care what the apologists say.

randomness is streaky

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:popeye:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Khanstant posted:

Haha I love this followup, if only you could've mass bought them all from under him while browsing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Because you not playing doesn’t affect them in any way, but not playing deprives yourself of something fun and meaningful for yourself. For lots of players it a huge part of their social life and even personal identity. To dump all that just to make a pointless statement of disapproval to nobody is a tough sell even though it’s probably the moral thing to do or whatever.