Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Syrcus Tower needs a Hard mode.

when they were doing reworks they should have also just enabled ilevel sync for alliance raids like it is for dungeons. IMO a lot of people doing shenanigans with item levels to avoid running anything else would gladly get dun scaith or whatever if they actually had to do mechanics in CT lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

blastron posted:

Wait, is that why I’m constantly getting Crystal Tower? I thought it was just sprouts needing it for story reasons. hosed up if I’m being forced into boring content because people want to save five minutes.

Maybe I’ll not stand on the pads on purpose.

it's not that simple as pointed out above for just basic math reasons, but usually any time you queue as adventurer in need and not drop into a newbie filled mhach or whatever, and instead into a CT full of lv80+ dudes, someone was doing this

i found the best way to avoid CT is to not run alliance roulette around reset times, since you have a way better chance to not get matched exclusively with other roulette goers, but also this is maybe a uniquely european solution since reset time is early evening/late afternoon depending on timezone, and thus prime time, so a lot of people wait for reset and then queue immediately

also, doing roulettes at off hours in general gives way more varied content, in my experience, though that's obviously not doable most of the time unless you're on night shift or something

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's good, actually, since you get a crapton of xp for a 3 minute fight, and will just get your dungeon credit next day

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

that's just respecting the lalafell lore

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's good. Ishikawa does it again.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Maxwell Lord posted:

This is what I miss playing on console. On dungeons I used to type “I haven’t run this” in advance to post immediately when I found a group

there's an autotranslate for "This is my first time here."

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

RME posted:

Limsa is extremely CPU bound (well, okay, technically speaking any super crowded area will be but we can probably just make this a baseline assumption for Limsa) so your 3090 is getting held back. In less densely crowded areas it should blaze into whatever cap you set

yeah my game runs at ~165 hz cap pretty much 100% of the time, but teleporting to limsa crystal generally halves that, and often drops to as low as 40 on big patchdays

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

super sweet best pal posted:

We did once. Well, Raubahn did.
yeah, i think about it every day since

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Black Griffon posted:

"haha yeeeeah hahahah"

black mage

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
exactly as fast as if you're a tank and healer :v:

it's not slow, but it feels slow because of how boring it is, imo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
graphics overhaul better bring back the butt slider

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the actual hard extreme of ARR was mog, because it's so goddamn janky imo.
re: HW, people kept saying the game was too easy in ARR, so due to feedback, HW was made a little harder, and this combined with server tickrate positioning/tether jank killed so many statics lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
none of the raids are required to do the game

there's trials, but you can spend an entire trial dead as any class and the other 7 people will still clear it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the rest of that post is even better

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i still have the free fantasia from first month bonus in ARR, gonna keep it until the graphics overhaul lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
my chocobo is red because red ones go faster

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Zero, Y'shtola, or both?

all of the above

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the best way will always be roulettes, though you run the risk of getting tam-tara/crystal tower 5 times a week that way. roulettes are fun if you like dungeons/trials/etc though

there's also the deep dungeons, first one is in quarrymill and has 100 levels you can do for the story which will give a fair amount of levels

at 70 you can bozja i guess?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the key is that it feels slow because while the actual boss fight fates are p. cool and good, everything else is literally just a brain melting fate grind

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SuperKlaus posted:

Was thinking about this, and why is it? Wouldn't the Firestarter proc be either just launched off right away as a bonus or necessarily spent the next time you reenter AF, so it never has a chance to replace Fire 1 as your timer refresher?

speaking of, if you have firestarter ready when re-entering the fire phase, you should use transpose before fire 3, it'll give you the AF1 damage boost for it, and you get the instant&free cast anyway due to firestarter :science:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Saigyouji posted:

They announced it when the system was first revealed, with very little wriggle room for misinterpretation.

yeah i've been kinda very lazily doing pvp specifically because they posted this when it was announced, it'd be a real dick move if it never happened

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

and heartbreaking truths

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it grants the same buff as adlo, yes. you can't stack em :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Onean posted:

Oh, a tiny bit of information on 7.0, though it's just confirmation that the level cap will be 100. YoshiP also says that going past 100 doesn't feel right, so they need to do some considering about what to do in the future.
https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1612729124069707776?s=20&t=6csvqUAatof9xG2pQw4ggA

game's bad now

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I think Sophia was the first boss you could res after a drop.

yep

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'm not even sure how portraits work, do you need one for every single class? i made a boss one with the demon caster hat, but it didn't show up in the one duty i did as DNC, and that's hosed up lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah i just go inside every time on cero regardless of class, even as a healer you'll do more in there than outside in 99% parties

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
the worst thing about p7s is that nothing happens until 7 minutes in

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lmao :discourse:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
modder drama is always the best

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i play ff14 at 0 "brightness" which is really just a gray/white filter applied on top for some reason instead of actual brightness? and it honestly looks great.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Corbeau posted:

This is key: the big problem with base FFXIV is that their brightness setting is literally just "add more grey" rather than doing anything to preserve color ratios.

Pretty sure they doubled down on this with portrait lighting, which is why it's such a struggle to make them come out looking anything but flat.

the funniest thing is that even at 0, the game isn't even dark, so i have no idea why 50 is the default

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
since they moved patches from 3 to 4 months, and there's 5.5 patches per expansion, i'm guessing early summer 2024 for next expansion

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
there better be a mod for that

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
stealth missions own
i hope we get stealth raid mechanics next expansion

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
my biggest problem with modern frontlines is that i can't queue up with 7 NIN goons and get a 60% winrate anymore :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Xerophyte posted:

because they are terrible people with terrible tastes.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
a few level 50 dungeons just let you run from one boss right up to the next boss and i think that owns

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
why would anyone want that in the first place?

if anything, they should add more classes where i level 1 and get another for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
that sounds like a bunch of bad excuses

as early as ARR they started splitting ruin potency between sch and smn, effectively making them different skills per job, clearly illustrating both jobs using ruin was just an aesthetic choice rather than something to do with spaghetti code

and now, they don't share any skills at all. so clearly "balancing/managing the class system" isn't the reason