Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shinjobi posted:

Still amazing to me they chose to open their movie with that diarrhea
I think that production was a huge mess which was made worse by the writer's strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

At the very least we're getting both yet another Scream movie as well as the long delayed Morbius movie this month

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

People will defend scream 4, and yknow what, piss on that
It was trash and I'm sure the new one will be worse

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The World's End was definitely a huge disappointment after how amazing Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were. It's not bad, but I've rewatched the other two multiple times and have not bothered to go back to TWE.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The TR remake looked totally bland, which is a huge slap in the face to the bonkers original

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

infernal machines posted:

e: Also, all three parts of Atlas Shrugged, under Sci-Fi, for some reason
Libertarianism is filed under sci-fi for obvious reasons

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sally posted:

nu-Suicide Squad was a blast and is getting an HBO spin-off for John Cena. i assume it was doing well, or did it bomb or something? after they killed off 20 DC d-listers to fight a giant sentient star fish, i was hoping for more weird stuff.

bring back polka dot man!
It didn't do that great in theaters, but it was one of the movies that released both on HBO Max and theaters the same day. I would assume the spinoff show wouldn't have gotten made if WB was unhappy with the film's performance.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

X JAKK posted:

They're already teasing a new season of Dexter New Blood, so that one off claim was a load of horseshit as soon as the show started getting big numbers
I assume that show became a thing because the series finale of the original run was considered one of the worst TV endings ever and they didn't want to go out that way? I've never watched the show but I remember everyone who did hating the ending.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He won’t be Kevin Feige’s last victim

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Today is a bad day for people who appeared on shows like ‘I Love the 80s’

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I doubt half of these get made

Like the Barbie project is well underway, but some of those ones towards the bottom? Doubt it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The United States posted:

I've never even heard of any of those except Space Jam 2

The Sky Pirates bit from the trailer was actually new and exciting as these big budget action blockbusters go, a shame about the rest though

https://i.imgur.com/zEmXEwl.mp4
How the hell did the movie manage to make the games look grounded in comparison???

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Can I get a screencap I ain't watching that
They don't really show anything, but it's very clearly Patrick Stewart's voice talking

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

That reminds me. According to some leaks (which the source has been nearly 100% accurate) Dr. Strange 2 is going to feature a cameo of Tom Cruise as a Tony Stark/Iron Man from another multiverse.
I have seen that but I am skeptical

I think people are misreading trailer shots and it’s a different character entirely

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It appears that the Borg in this new episode are from either a different time or another universe

We don’t get to find out right now but I would imagine that it will be explained by the end

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I dunno she's pretty loving good at it
She's a better therapist than Troi

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Troi's dependent on her superpower. Guinan actually listens to people and understands them.

They had that one episode where Troi couldn't read minds and had to do therapy like a normal person and she was loving useless.
She turns into a huge rear end in a top hat in that episode too

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

X JAKK posted:

The Great North was just fine and dandy and then the musical episodes came, and the weird notebook paper imaginary superhero episodes (or was that Central Park? Too many drat musical Bobs Burgers styled cartoons), and all the good will it built up was ruined.
I'm not exactly sure at what point it happened with Bob's Burgers, but they just stopped writing jokes and assumed that very generic sitcom situations would be funny enough on their own. There used to be good jokes in the first three or so seasons.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I liked the film’s take that there is really no ‘Bruce Wayne’ at this point in time, because he’s super hosed up and only does Batman stuff. That changes by the end so I imagine we get more regular Bruce Wayne scenes in the sequel.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Keromaru5 posted:

My dad's a comic fan from way back, and I remember him complaining once about the Tim Burton movies having too much Bruce and not enough Batman.

Pattman's Bruce actually reminded me a lot of Michael Keaton's reclusive weirdo version, which I liked.

Overall I did like The Batman, though more than anything it did put me in the mood to watch the 60s Batman.
Apparently Matt Reeves is a big fan of 60s Batman

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/1505350767363993604?s=21

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

So Bruce Willis did 22 absolute dogshit movies over the course of 2 years because he knew he was about to be unable to act ever again. Basically speed-ran Cameron Mitchell's late career. King poo poo.
It was definitely beginning to look like Cameron Mitchell stuff with the way he had almost no lines in that one cop movie they covered

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

I can't believe RLM ended Bruce Willis' acting career

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Lower Decks is good Trek

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah that looks like someone doing a bit amazing that it was an officially published tale.
This has to be a bit....that reads like a parody

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Scorching hot take: Dr Who has never been good

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I find this extra funny because didn't Mike not like Lower Decks?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

Was Matrix 4 really so bad they need to do this to make ends meet?
It bombed really hard so maybe

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

He basically just took a zillion JFK conspiracy theories and kludged them into a script that somehow validated every single one of them

Somewhere along the way it broke his brain too; after all, this is the man who made a movie about Nixon that tried to cast him in a sympathetic light, up to and including a scene of him having a friendly chat with hippies next to the Lincoln Monument
I don't think it happened that way, but I've heard a story before of a drunk Nixon going down and talking to protestors during Vietnam outside of the White House or something like that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dr Strange 2 is a very Raimi film, especially the 3rd act

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Trillhouse posted:

lol i had the same thought re-playing SWAT4 recently. the last mission has you and your squad of 4 other guys against 15+ armed militia with body armor, assault rifles, and ballistic helmets barricaded in a research facility.

i dunno if a single team of guys is the right choice for this. maybe call in the national guard.
That’s like a mission in Rainbow Six

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Yes. It was gonna have big time skips and each season would involve new characters running into government experiments gone awry. Netflix shot the creators down and told them to keep going with Eleven and the 80s nostalgia.
This always happens with shows

Heroes was supposed to be an anthology show, but the first season was so well received that they couldn't move forward with that idea. Which is unfortunate because Season 1 is the high point of the entire franchise.

I want to say that the original plan for Star Trek Discovery under original showrunner Bryan Fuller was to do more of an anthology thing as well, but then he left the show

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

kalel posted:

pirates of the Caribbean 1: still good. in case anyone was wondering
Yeah I rewatched it a few years ago and it's great. Too bad about literally the rest of the franchise though

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Cannibal Llama posted:

So like, were all these news outlets supposedly claiming that the Joker would lead to mass shootings actually real or was it like maybe one talking head on twitter comparing the joker to mass shooters or what and then places like this thread ran with it and started a meme about " crazy liberal media claims the Joker will lead to shootings". Because I don't remember this moral panic at all. Seems more like a moral panic about a fake moral panic if you ask me SMH.
Yes this definitely happened, and it also happened before the movie even released, based on the trailers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Usu Kai Ken posted:

lol that Luke tried to execute his nephew for having a bad dream when like 15 years ago he redeemed his dad who literally owned a murder museum
Yes and yet people don’t understand why I really don’t like TLJ

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

priznat posted:

Shows I would like to see the boys review/recap:

- The Boys
- Strange New Worlds
- Evil

That's basically it.
I feel like Picard S2 has ruined Star Trek permanently for Mike

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I guess more came out about the Geezer Teaser guy

https://twitter.com/kath_krueger/status/1542571238144589824?s=21&t=nZgv9nLYyWOhXtNTrFytuQ

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mozi posted:

don't hate the vader, hate the game

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

priznat posted:

Netflix is such a load of poo poo beyond their flagship stuff like stranger things, my kid put on some dumbass reality show where people hunt for pirate gold on an alaskan island and I wanted to smash the tv.
Yeah I got rid of Netflix earlier this year because there's just nothing really on it anymore of quality, and their prices have just gotten higher and higher. I think I was paying more for Netflix than HBO Max which has a pretty strong content stream most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

I am watching SNW in random episode order. Digging the human cast and Spock so far, they seem real characters and the over world is pretty live in.

That white alien crew member is however look very ugly and fake.

I got to say, an uber luxurious ship really enhance the viewing experience.

BTW, is this Spock the same Spock in TNC or this is an alternate timeline?
SNW is prime timeline. It's set like 6-8 years before TOS.