Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

gently caress this stupid world. And gently caress Elon Musk too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

EorayMel posted:

What does this mean for the nazis OP

I'm glad someone is finally standing up for those poor Nazis and their freedom of speech

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Watching Tesla stock drop like this is almost as good as knowing that Rush Limbaugh is still dead

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Frank Frank posted:

Oh hell I remember this

Not surprises that was a Sol Invictus thread. Guy was kind of a douche from what I recall.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Binary Logic posted:

And now, some good news about cars:

Romanian authorities seize Andrew Tate’s car collection as investigation continues

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/andrew-tate-cars-seized-romanian-authorities-buggati-b2255850.html

Between this and the repub house drama my balls are in another galaxy

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

AlmightyBob posted:

Twitter is suuuuuper broken right now, just constant "tweet did not send" errors even though the tweets actually go through

Interesting if true

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

AlmightyBob posted:

Twitter is suuuuuper broken right now, just constant "tweet did not send" errors even though the tweets actually go through

Hi I’m Elon Frusk would you like to be CEO of the twitter?

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

captainOrbital posted:

Just use Matt Berry for all the voices that Roiland was doing. And other actors. And in other shows.

Just mentioned this to my person and we both 10000% approve

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

cracker posted:

Anything exciting or surprising happen on Tesla's quarterly earnings?

I’m not an economy by any means, but they made a lot of money by selling cars at big discounts. So volume up but profit per car way down. Is that sustainable? Probably not. But it makes him look like a genius in the short term.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

priznat posted:

Jameela is usually a well meaning albeit often clueless liberal who puts her foot in her mouth pretty often but usually seems to apologize when she fucks up. Can’t stay mad at her!

I'm on team Jameela and it's not just because she's gorg

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Frank Frank posted:

Signs you are bad with money: You pay $44b for a social media company with no way to recover your investment.

Any time I read another article about the poo poo finances at Twitter now I get the best, most satisfying hard-on

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Amish Navy posted:

man, im baked as gently caress. i dont think ive posted on here in like a million years. I hope im quoting the right thing, but i tried to understand that elom Trusk meme with him in shakles and then a chad with an orange shirt under him, and man i dont under stand it at all. i hate rich peiople who dont give away money. trucmp needs to go away forever, hugs your loved ones. im not sure what gets you banned any more either. weed is cool. do more drugs safely.

i hope you get to pet a critter today.

anyway, maybe ill post more on here hwne i have alone night again with weed. and wine. its been fun. maube i wont post for another like 10+ years.

i dont know how to make the emojis, just mentally insert (funny emogi of choice here)

gently caress elom and his dumb cars. content.

oh poo poo, edit: yo if you read this in the morning, tell me our safety word, i wonder if you can recognize my voice in my typing. did i mention im stoned. i think i found the edit!@

Word

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Murdstone posted:

How do you like them apples?

I sleep in a bed with my wife

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

FoolyCharged posted:

But seriously, imagine studying this poo poo through school for years, working in the field, and building yourself up to working at a big old company. Then some doofus buys it, fires all the friends you worked with and/or they quit, makes you build stuff with no notice and no time for even basic testing like will this make the app cease to work, and then finally reduces you to looking at Google analytics on how popular he is(n't).

I'd be so depressed I might actually be happy to get fired.

I’ve only ever know stupid as gently caress leadership so this would be a sad intro to the real world.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Haven't seen anyone post this article yet. Essentially confirms what a stable business genius Elon Fusk is. I probably don't need to contribute to that conversation, but the article did get me strangely aroused...

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/10/tech/twitter-top-advertiser-decline

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Libra posted:

I mean I'm 27 so I'm getting old, but a lot of goons were posting here when I was in kindergarten and a good chunk are probably old enough to be my dad, and you never want to hear from people old enough to be your dad.

Hopefully none of them are actually my dad.

I’m very disappointed in you son….

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If he genuinely didn't know (50-50 odds), I'm guessing it got passed down from on high to solve the crying manbaby's engagement issues and a few levels down an engineer just hardcoded Elon as his own usertype and committed it quietly into the build. Problem solved, who the gently caress's ever gonna see their source code? Only an idiot would show it to the public, or even anywhere Elon might see it.

Ah yes, the classic “I’m just a genius billionaire but there’s no way I could have seen this!” defense.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Murdstone posted:

I'm so glad I'm not a CEO. Having to fire thousands of people the poor guy. Grass is always greener on the other side as they say, but you really have no idea what it's like.

Won’t someone think of the billionaires?!?!?!

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Binary Logic posted:

Happy 420 elmo

Concerning.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Rebel Blob posted:

https://twitter.com/ellagirwin/status/1649281847053127681

Why do still people tie themselves into knots defending Elon's stupid positions? Loyalty means nothing, relatively soon Elon will kick her to the curb like all the rest of Twitter's employees.

Ella, darling…there were Jews in the nazi party. Early, anyway.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

One man can only elicit so much cum

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Nah. I think he's innately cruel like Trump, too. He doesn't merely want sycophants to fawn over him, he also wants explicitly helpless enemies he can beat on. He doesn't merely demand adoration, he also wants an outlet for his sadism.

This sounds like narcissism, yes

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Did the thread LOL yet that Ella Irwin, content moderation official extraordinaire, left over Musk?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/02/tech/twitter-content-moderation-official-eu/index.html

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

kazil posted:

Head of Brand Safety quit too.

Dunno how he can possibly fill those positions. "Hey come work for me! You will be handling angry chuds all day long, and I will publicly override any decision you make!"

I don't know that you could possibly write a more hellish job description.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah, its being used as an anti immigrant type thing so obviously Elon wants to pander to that crowd.

Sweet. Can I also view the Christchurch guy's video again? This is all good and stuff, it's just free speech you know

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

uuhhhh... Linda Yaccarino is 59 years old.

Concerning …

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Waiting for someone to reply with the Elon and Ghislaine photo saying “this you?”

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You will enjoy the Alexa story then. It’s the same story really, “CEO believes in fairy dust that costs his company billions.”

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/11/amazon-alexa-is-a-colossal-failure-on-pace-to-lose-10-billion-this-year/amp/

Well. Nothing laying off 10 thousand people can’t fix. See! Being a CEO is easy!

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

priznat posted:

I prefer my Blue Sk(ies) to be the 1996 track by BT featuring Tori Amos

This is a weird and random call out and I loving love you for it

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

priznat posted:

:hfive: seriously I hear Tori singing that every time I see "Blue Sky" in reference to the social media app since the start of it (I loving loved that album in my discman!)

BT was my first electronic producer love and that song still gives me the warm fuzzies. We can also cue up Flaming June and Godspeed and have a hot 90s rave if my hip allows it

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Slotducks posted:

100% unbiased source: TeslaOracle dot com

I just keep reading that address as “testicle oracle” and now I refuse to read it any other way

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Sweet, I have the capital one app

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Karate Bastard posted:

Haters gona hate

Yes but do they have a second hole for the back door? Asking for a friend

e: quoted wrong post but whatevs

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Quote-Unquote posted:

More advertisers returning to X, the everything app! #winning #sports #elonrapeskids

https://twitter.com/JulieSt38513465/status/1739727282388738231

Me - yeah a blowjob doesn’t sound bad

Ad Exec - see? Advertising totally works

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

National. loving. Treasure.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Elon Musk is a piece of poo poo

Not an empty quote

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

DRINK ME posted:

I have no time for Cuban either but he seems to be saying sensible, normal stuff - which just doesn’t mesh with Musks increasingly right wing world view. I definitely want Musk to continue to defame him, hopefully in a legally provable way that can tie them both up in court for a long time. Bonus points if the court case leads to a bunch of embarrassing disclosure.

Pretty sure this would end in Musk buying Cuban for 44 billion before discovery can actually become public

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

SRQ posted:

and yet they went along with it without question.
acab

“I was just following orders!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

gschmidl posted:

4:42am, restate my assumptions: One, DEI is the woke mind virus. Two, everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers. Three, if you graph these numbers extremely dishonestly, patterns emerge. Therefore: There are wokes everywhere in mathematics.

*drills into own head*

I get this reference and I love you for making it