Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

EorayMel posted:

Reminder elon musk can't smoke weed lol

I thought he stepped down from the day-to-day in SpaceX so he could :350:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Spinz posted:

I'm a logical person. Always been an atheist, realize we are just the most evolved apes
Lives are meaningless, universe probably full of life because we are here but marooned due to the vastness between etc

But it seems like something loving happened

And life got really weird
Starting I don't know around trump's election it doesn't have to be that but around that time.

???
Makes me wonder a tiny bit

Human society is coming to a conflux - climate change, information age, late stage capitalism, whatever you want to call it. Things are going to get dumber and weirder until the old social order falls away and something else replaces it; it happens every hundred years or so. There was some impossibly stupid and funny poo poo going on in the very late 1800s / early 1900s, which eventually culminated in world war and the overthrow of colonialism*. Is capitalism the next to collapse? who knows

*yes colonialism still exists, just like chattel slavery still exists in some forms. However society has changed and no longer thinks either things are cool & good.

EDIT to provide content - what do you think :chaostrump: first tweet will be? I really hope its something about haters and clout chasers punching the air in frustration now that Big Dadddy Twitter is back

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 26, 2022

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:rolleyes: Reddit :rolleyes: but I caught this one on the wild last night:

:thunk:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Honestly if FB and twitter burnt to the ground tomorrow society would be so much better off because there'd be no central place for idiots to congregate

Once somebody figures out how to string together TikTok videos into some sort of faux video conference, ala twitter and the 240 character debates, than its over

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

https://twitter.com/3PSboyd/status/1589399244800413696

This drama and chaos really does have the vibe of forums drama from yesteryear. It's almost nostalgic for internet users of the right generation.

These loss edits are getting weird

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Ole Leon was at Paypal during the OG dot-com days right? Thats the last time I remember seeing offices with beds strung up like this. I'm sure its how he thinks 'poo poo gets done' but there's a evolutionary reason that entire model went out the window.

Btw words cant describe the smell of a buncha nerds working, sleeping, and eating takeout in the same space. Regular HVAC can't turn the air over fast enough.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

AOC telling Leon Musk to touch grass is :perfect:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:lol::lmao: it just occurred to me that Grimes & Chelsea Manning met over Twitter.

Leon bought Twitter so he could see Grimes PMs and nothing can convince me otherwise :colbert:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

All consumer passenger vehicles sold in the United States have required airbags since like 1998 or 1999. The only trucks that don’t require airbags are certain medium duty and heavy duty trucks (real heavy duty not the marketing from ford//Chevy/ram).

Medium-duty trucks generally weigh between 14,000 and 26,000 pounds, while heavy-duty trucks weigh between 26,001 and 33,000 pounds. The differences between these two truck classes all come down to the vehicle's size and weight. Although many pickup truck commercials boast about heavy-duty towing capacity, the reality is that most of these everyday pickups are classified as light duty.

Which is also why you can drive them with a Class C license. When they get into the 14klb range, IIRC air brakes start to be mandated, and anything with air brakes requires a special license (or an endorsement AFAIK)

If ole Leon was going to make the cybertruck weigh 15000 lbs to get around safety regulations just :lol::lmao: also I cannot imagine the sorta fires the batteries on a 15000lb truck would start

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
hey was it ever confirmed that Elon bought Twitter so he could read Grimes DMs?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Blotto_Otter posted:

imo she’s just a garden-variety dipshit, who’s had the kind of gentle life of wealth and privilege (first from wealthy parents, then from her own artistic success and fame) that allows one to float through life as a perfect moron, never facing the usual consequences or hardships that push you to think more deeply and become less of a dipshit

I think a lot about that cop in Minneapolis, who impounded her houseboat just a few miles before they were about to float (unpowered!) into the first of many lock and dams on one of the biggest and most treacherous rivers in the world. A gentle intervention that saved her from her own profound stupidity and deep ignorance, so that she could live on and continue to broadcast her dipshit energy in the decades to come, completely oblivious to the occasional interventions of the sensible people acting as guardrails to keep her from doing stupid things like plunging over a dam to a watery death

:hmmyes: There's also a lot of incentive for her to continue with her blissful idiot act. A normal person saying "i only ate spaghetti for two years and my hair fell out" is a cry for help & possibly room for a psychiatric intervention. An artist saying that is just :lol: so random

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Ciao Wren posted:

The standard argument against fat shaming people in power is that they will never hear you but your fat friends will. That's a fair position to take but in Elon's case he will 100% be exposed to it provided you post it online. And your fat friends will see worse poo poo online so your offense won't register.

:lol: I'd say its 50/50 that Leon has seen this actual thread

edit

ps Leon you got moobs, even Kevin Smith lost weight!!!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:tinfoil: Honestly I've felt like Leon literally bought Twitter to see Grimes DMs, so this seems like very circumstantial confirmation to me :tinfoil:

Was anyone worried about Leon reading their DMs before he tweeted that?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Angela Merkle Tree posted:

an acid test is when you invite the wrong azelia banks over and have to hide in your bedroom tripping balls and committing sec violations

quote:

Over the course of her Instagram story, Banks went on to claim that Musk only took Grimes to the Met Gala so that he’d look good in front of his ex Amber Heard (plausible), that Musk’s wealth comes from colonialism (not entirely untrue), and that Musk is some kind of subhuman caveperson (false and weirdly eugenicist).

:lol: I completely forgot about that :lol:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

I believe he meant

to receive handys from humans
costs an equine

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Steadiman posted:

Finally we can solve the horrible problem of mirrors. let's use more touchscreens and also add a bunch more cameras! Maybe make it wifi connected too for some reason! I have solved the problem nobody had and it will even cost you more too. you're welcome world

I wanna drive around in a windowless tank with floor to ceiling monitors :saddumb:

If driverless cars ever became a thing (and :lol: didn't murder pedestrians constantly) than we could see some really cool designs that maximize the space. Of course ole Leon is trying to build Matchbox cars instead.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:lol: if you were in the back seat and mobility impaired, you would've suffered a very gruesome death. :byoscience: (IIRC thats the model without an actual mechanical back door handle?)

tbh I rode in a Tesla for the very first time in an Uber, and I don't get why people think they're luxurious. Its an uber so ofc it gets beat up, but the whole thing had this faux-luxury/cheapness to it. Like they put cement weights in the doors to make it feel more solid.

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 18, 2023

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Entropic posted:

And I thought they had gotten rid of the stupid yoke once everyone realize that's a completely loving terrible idea for anything other than a racecar because in normal cars you regularly have to turn the wheel all the way around and there's a goddamn reason it's a circle. Are they bringing the yoke back for the Cybertruck?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:laffo: It seems like the Model S Plaid is simply a Model S with an extra engine. Physics, and by extension cars, don't really work that way. I'm sure the fanbois wonder why ICE cars dont have two motors... :downsgun:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Yes, being a Servitor would suck compared to being a Space Marine

how do I trick this dipshit out of a billion dollars.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:laffo: They shot this on the National Mall. Just wasting dummies with explosives a few hundred yards from the White House.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Random Stranger posted:

Is Twitter going to pull out of its current death spiral? I know we're all cheering for it to crater in the most spectacular way, but the way failures usually go is things deflate slowly. Basically, can they stabilize things back at just "lovely", or is this the finale we've all been waiting for?

No. Twitter will continue to circle the drain while Lemon tries to value engineer his way out of this (he can't). Eventually there's going to be some big social :airquote: thing :airquote: that people miss because Twitter loving sucks, and then whatever-comes-next will utterly incinerate them <6 months.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Dr_Strangelove posted:

I was 14 and it did a number on me :stare:

Yeah my ur-hippie Social Studies teacher showed that to the class my freshman year in rural northern California. It was certainly a choice.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Rad Russian posted:

Pretty sure that's Elon declaring work from home illegal as Jamboards are used for remote collaboration. Basically, you have to come into the office and work like a 1920s factory worker - no coffee, no game rooms, no lunch tables for a break.

Although I don't put it past him to actually get rid of the expensive HQ location and hoard everyone into some cheap empty warehouse with folding desks and chairs on the outskirts of the city.

You only sell this poo poo if you're moving. Most companies dont even bother trying to sell any of this stuff, they just leave it behind for the next company to demo when they remodel the space.

:hai: does seem like he's folding up shop for Daly City, or Austin

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Foo Diddley posted:

if someone did this for the C64 i'd buy it for $200

:same:

Gimme some Beachhead and Defenders of the Crown

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

zedprime posted:

If the n word was engraved on each nano angstrom of it's circuitry it would not equal 1 one-billionth of the times Grok said the n-word during testing.

I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SLUR

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:stare: hay dust is like glitter w/r/t cleaning it out of a car. Also it molds :barf:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

Going to be perfectly honest, this was me last week:

but thats not hay

also :lol::lmao: I just realized the hay is performative, because you can see stacked feed bags behind it. Wtf are they going to do with a quarter bale, change their hamster cage

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:lol: I'd defer to actual experts in AI, but the way the cybertruck wheels spun there it would seem that both differentials are open/unlocked, despite having 2 or 3 motors? It seems like they're using the brakes to modulate wheel spin as a faux-limited slip differential, (which Toyota does p. well) but :lol::lmao: tesla

EDIT

watched it again a few times, the air suspension is a piece of poo poo. its set to max height and that seems to gently caress up the articulation. The wheels have no upward travel and only like 4" of downward travel. A Prius would go up that hill better

double edit

i think the dudes driving were messing with the air suspension at the start, and i think it messed up the traction control somehow. You can visibly see the front rise up :10 in or so

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 11, 2023

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

I Greyhound posted:

Let's see how cars not designed by an idiot man-child do on the same feature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBJ0vOTPxcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxhM2d0ilCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ8FwhUCBog

I did find one car which has similar trouble to the cybertruck.
This is its closest competitor in offroad capability, the Suzuki X90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9gaTSaTX84

https://twitter.com/omg_tesla/status/1716654862094803139/video/3

Here's a Rivian doing the same steps. Surprisingly it spins the tires a fair bit. :lol::lmao: at the ancient Chevy fleetside coming down the hill behind them, I bet it makes it up no problem :v:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Play posted:

In the US you can start driving at fifteen and a half. Which is kind of crazy to be honest, and indeed young people and very old people account for way, way more than their share of accidents and fatal accidents.

You can get your license at 14 in some US states, (Even California with a hardship permit!) and most states you can get a farmer's permit at 13 (:lol::lmao: you can also drive heavy machinery with it!)

EDIT

California explicitly changed this, but you could operate a powerboat legally at 12

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
gasoline-burning ICE won't be meaningfully banned in North America in our lifetimes, if ever. They'll build fusion reactors to distill gas from sea water.

its far more likely that cars will be banned in major metro areas & various parts of the US will kludge together something like the meld between NJ Transit and the NYC Subway - lovely electric rails from tiny stations with huge parking lots that feed into main transfer stations. Rural and suburbs will still drive for most stuff, but they'll take the train into the city instead of commuting, and bitch about how its :airquote: longer :airquote: i.e. exactly the same amount of time, without risking your life.

BEVs aren't really a solution for the US at large until there's a miracle in battery tech.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Krispy Wafer posted:

Looking at a friend’s Rivian, I made a joke about the windshield washer fluid cap (the only thing in the frunk that looked like an ICE vehicle) and he said that’s the only liquid in the truck.

It probably still has brake fluid and freon though.

Can guarantee it has gear oil in a diffirential somewhere as well

Not sure on the veracity of this, but its supposedly a teardown of a Rivian engine. There is a Rivian-branded oil filter

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
The ISS has the living volume of ~3 average American homes. IIRC it usually crews 6-7 with the max onboard being 14. It's resupplied every 45 days or so, although it supposedly keeps supplies on hand for up to six months of crew, :shrug: what qualifies as 'crew' and 'up to six months'. Most notably the ISS is also a big-rear end kludge with a lovely design thats focused around research stations.

A space hotel designed specifically around rich people being able to look outside, that was resupplied weekly, could comfortably hold 20 billionaires and 5 crew for seven day stretches. A Falcon9 launch costs 63 million now? Would 20 idiots pioneers pay 1m per night (plus spacefare) for seven nights ~iN sPaCe~? As an example, I would look to the Titan submarine

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Also AI is impossible and stupid at even the slightest amount of thinking about it

:haibrower:

Getting computers to not be stupid pieces of poo poo is cool and good, but a piece of code comparing bit values between two jpegs isn't going to hunt down humanity with Hunter-Killer robots

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

ashpanash posted:

It's all about shapes. It's designed to interpret everything as vectors if you ask it a 'question,' it turns that into a shape, and then it responds with another shape. So you get things shaped like 'answers' but as you say, no understanding or comprehension.

Its just a Chinese Room

AI :airquote: reads :airquote: the questions and knows what to respond, but it doesn't actually read anything. Its looking at the hexadecimal number values of the input query and calculating the best solution. No idea if its math is right or wrong, it just punches in the number into an impossibly complex calculator and spits out the sum/bullshit LinkedIn post

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
IIRC Tesla/Musk change parts during production all the time, so there's a good chance that the :airquote: self-driving :airquote: software has to work with some lovely camera interface software to manage the very slightly differences between 3+ camera models.

So yeah maybe that stuff works in the lab, because they keep rewriting the code for that specific unit, but if you're Tesla is too old (or too new) than its SOL and wants to murder children.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

E the Shaggy posted:

This one really gets under my skin for some reason. It's a bunch friends having a fun, goofy party to hang out and have fun, and now, because one friend was like "Oh hey, maybe I'll make a video of it?" they're going to be stalked and harassed by Elon's chuds.

Yeah sorry Elmo, they should all be microdosing ketamine, spending copious amount of their free time posting and trying to make Ian Miles Cheong like them, and having as many babies as possible because they believe themselves some sort of golden god like Dennis Reynolds but about 8 million times sadder.

By the way, Elon likes the Pepe as Caeser because it's throwing up that nice big old White Power symbol.

also there is literally thousands of hours of footage showing terminal Twitter/X users that are way less :airquote: macho :airquote: and way loving weirder :stare:

I bet the screed OP knows someone personally whose melted down over Rick and Morty, for example. Potentially 2-3 degrees of Kevin Bacon from the manchild who famously threw a shitfit in McDonalds

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Kit Walker posted:

She'll earn enough from Twitter to retire in absolute luxury so it was a fine move. Literally all she has to do is nod along to whatever dumb poo poo Elon has to say and post #sports whenever she gets lucid enough through the wine haze and she'll make more money each year than the average person will see in see in several lifetimes

6m per year with up to 2m in bonus (:lol::lmao: at least some of that must have been ad based) and a 4m stock kicker at the end of her 3 year contract.

I would :hmmyes: Leon and just :350: for a thousand days straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:lol::lol::lol::lol: that F250 could go rip donuts in that field, come to a dead stop and let the mud congeal, and still drive itself out. Probably wouldnt need four wheel drive.

The cybertruck is stuck because of its weird tires, crappy AWD system, and massive weight. A Subaru Forester could get out of that.

PhazonLink posted:

do Californian car engineers know that there's weather conditions that arent always 60+ degrees and water sometimes freezes?

Yes, people drive to Tahoe on the weekends :v: