Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Carth Dookie posted:

to this day I'm still pissed we didn't go with Checkbox coalition over the Imperium.

edit: a terrible top of page post. Fitting.

This, and even after Imperium won the name game they could have salavged it had they adopted my Three Wolf Moon logo

e. and I shamefully missed an opportunity to add a goatse smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

so are corp mails back or what

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The Locator posted:

I haven't played the game in years (since we were up in Deklain). Are there any screenshots that actually give old farts like me a good look at the Delve stronghold, or are those structures so far apart that it's not really something you can 'see' in game other than way zoomed out as icons on overview?

hahaha the move op from Dek was inspirational

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Durendal posted:

Not a single Megathron. My character is so off meta and useless now :negative:

My subcap character has been chasing the meta my entire time playing, so I think I can fly all non support subcaps now (other than the new bling add ons from recent years).

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

This thread has certainly been an entertaining way to spend the morning coffee

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Still don't understand why it's in response to me saying "there's probably a better way to convince people to side with you and your efforts to right wrongs than posting in a thread whose readership is three orders of magnitude lower than the necessary population required to affect change."

A lot of the people here posting all of a sudden haven't meaningfully interacted with GSF in over a literal decade, so it's completely understandable that you'd all not know about the demographic changes in that period of time. All I was trying to do was inform about the relative irrelevance of this thread to solving any problems of this type. That being said, if those posting aren't actually interested in driving change, and are just venting their spleens, then what I suggested has no value and I'll shut up about it.

Besides didn't Darius Johnson already try to lead a revolt of "True Goons" to wrest control from Mittens several years back only to disappear again? I distinctly recall deadtear involved in some True Goons posting for a week or two

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

RustySeabutter posted:

lol i was talkin about andupor but that musta felt good

hahaha

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

D posters.

D posters never change.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

learnincurve posted:

I don't know the exact situation, but it is important that people know that a common factor in every single domestic abuse case, and it's that the abusers friends "can't believe it!" because "they have always seemed like such a nice person!" Abusers are very very good at having a public face and a private face and all this "innocent until proven guilty" is always going to go against the victim, which is why the court of public opinion never works.

This.

I'm involved in a similar process elsewhere right now, and I'm finding that this thread is well timed for me. Seeing a parallel process unfold in which I am not invested (but my sympathies go out to those who are) is actually giving me better clarity. I will say that whereas privacy is crucial at some stages, should a finding of wrong doing be made, continued silence only serves to marginalize the accuser/victim and possibly even empower the abuser. And the process had better be transparent and clearly spelled out so that when it goes necessarily silent trust can be maintained.

Wish I had a dollar for each person who has expressed shock, that they thought the accused "was one of the good ones!"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dalael posted:

Also you got your reference wrong. Tamir Rice was the kid who got shot by police for carrying a toy gun.

Emmet till is the kid you are thinking of.

And god its fun to be strawmanned. * pplmake claim* *look at stats,do the math* *me bad*

Dalael, from the bottom of my heart and with all sincerity, shut the gently caress up

Or keep diggin I guess.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Dalael posted:

Saying there needs to be due process isnt digging in you moron.

Who is saying there should not be you pea brained idiot?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

the monocle is :kiss:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Sickening posted:

I find irony in boat trying to clown Cryo on the way out.

post that poo poo yo

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

Sorry I'm poo poo at edits and I'm on my lunch break.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

To "dread cache here." During a war.

also, its perfect cammo. They probably worked for months to find it. Who would expect us to just...tweet it out?

plus kismeteer had the best sig on goonfleet forums

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

Speak for your drat self I will never forget evegoons in archeage, that poo poo was some peak "do you know how space important I am????" comedy

that was Boat right?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

lol they can't deal with this situation but directorate moved like lightning to put an end to investment programs like FNLN's
https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/311378-firstname-lastname-capital-llc-open-to-new-investments-feb-10/?p=9176092

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

raminasi posted:

They also immediately banned callout threads - the other mechanism that people used to shine light on this particular issue. It's incredibly telling.

lol

yeah time to leave corp and delete game from HD, but leaving the Goon name in his hands kind of grates.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

also waiting for the game to update in order to drop corp lol :effort:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Baculus posted:

this is probably a pretty good time to point out that Innominate got absolutely shitfaced on stream one night and explained, in no uncertain terms:

1. azov battalion are cool guys
2. using nazi propaganda against Russia is cool
3. Nazi propaganda is cool
4. Jews have no place in Europe

he did this to mcwolf and I as she argues with him and I beg him to just shut up (we are both Jewish)

so yeah Alex, might want to get ahead of this one while you can - and stop calling my wife a nazi in your loving echo chamber, you giant loving taint

holy poo poo, is this on youtube?

Presumably old streams are still on twitch right?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

geonetix posted:

use eve anywhere in the browser

:facepalm:

Thanks!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

tooniery iskiery

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

this get posted in here yet?
https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/328390-investigation-what-happened-with-the-jan-2022-complaint/

Weasel's rundown on stuff

Also very sorry Kesper.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

ded posted:

eve is 19 and can no longer hold xenurias interest anyways

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

ded posted:

dear mittani.

eat my rear end, you pubbie bitch

since now you can't see this post, allow me to offer you my SINCEREST apologies...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Astryl posted:

I haven’t played eve in 10+ years and not for very long at that, but I have read this ED article before while randomly on ED. This is gross and mittens is gross for knowingly associating with him because “he is good at internet spaceships”

He was "weaponizing the autism" if I am remembering his comments at the time correctly

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Magugu posted:

Just asset safety them. They will go to an low-sec NPC station in Irmalin. It will cost you 15% of the asset value to get your stuff out, then you can just hire black frog to ship your stuff where ever.

what about ships? Presumably this wouldn't work. And would involve logging in

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

goninzo posted:

Thank you Bilirubin for saving this for me.

<3

There is something perfect about the way that picture and the tag line fit together. Really captures the vibrating, barely-contained, hyperfocused energy that is border collie.

(seriously, don't get a border collie unless you have acres and many sheep)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Magugu posted:

Ships too, and it doesn't necessarily mean you have to log in. If the structure blows up, or gets taken down then your stuff automatically goes to asset safety. The only risk is if for some reason fuel blocks get pulled, or it runs out of fuel and the structure goes abandoned. Then the structure can be blown up and will drop your hanger and you lose your stuff.

It's rare that happens, but it is a greater than 0% chance.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Asset_safety You can log in on alpha and push a couple buttons to asset safety your stuff, its pretty painless beyond logging in.

Great thanks!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Endie posted:

I got my border collie before I got my SA account and she's currently sleeping off the day's exertions by my feet. She was a major factor in why I decided to leave the city and move to a house in the country, for which I am also grateful.

Mine's half basset but if you think that would have mellowed her out have another think. She's smart, super energetic, and stubborn. With short legs.

She's also 13 now so starting to slow down, finally.

A good girl

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

RustySeabutter posted:

i guess i can log in and accept apps but i swear to god if you all act like a buncha goons

does this mean I have a chance to resurrect my PI empire of *checks notes* FOUR WHOLE PLANETS?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

When I started Eve I flew to Syndicate in a badger full of my sad highsec possessions rather than pod jumping down. Somehow I actually made it.

Same but a Tristan and died to a gate camp on MHC-R3. Predictably it turned out. But I was more trying to see if I could, and hated getting so close to AAS only to fail

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

ullerrm posted:

I had to resub a character and re-learn how to play eve for a few minutes, but I've successfully sold or shipped everything to lowsec.

Except for a single SAX Tornado named "Delta Sqad Was Here" that will stay in 1DQ until the servers die (or some cowards tear down the keepstar)

I can now go back to winning Eve and constructing a goatman out of pipes, ladders, and 4ft foundations in satisfactory

I'm sorry I only got to small gang with you and Archer the couple of times (think we fought some Snuffed guys). Having to figure out poo poo for yourself was a skill I had let get rusty. Was fun though.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Collateral Damage posted:

Nah, DJ's Retirement Fund is the executor corp.

Poor mittens, not realising the head on a spike this time needs to be his own.

:circlefap:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

dialhforhero posted:

~~twist the knife~~

Hesh Ballantine posted:

if you took a ban over at gf getting rid of this fucker, you should feel like this rn, I sure af do ^

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Rhymenoserous posted:

Atrum for CEO

I like Atrum too much to wish that upon him.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I get that it takes time to get a large complicated institution to change course, especially with an IT infrastructure held together with chicken wire and bubble gum. All of the changes outlined by Atrum sound like good early steps. But I will keep an eye on how things progress because institutional tendencies are to protect the institution itself.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Cpt Soban posted:

Go back to tradition, the member with the most forum rep gets the job.

I am protected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Cpt Soban posted:

Poitot is the only named system in The Syndicate.

What? What about T-LIWS?