Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

kieth starver

the British do know a lot about intentionally creating famines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Endman posted:

Realising the beginning of de-Stalinisation coincided with Ultranationists being released from prison is making my brain make funny noises

coincided eh

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

just learned about how Zelensky loves to wear the Nazi tactical clothing brand lmfao

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

he looks ill

how dare you make fun of his stutter

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

lmao forever @ nato appealing to international law

it's not illegal when nato does it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Endman posted:

Semicolons join two related statements together where one or both would otherwise be fragments; now you know how to use a semicolon.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

What happened, why are the idiot trolls back?

d&d's foremost Ukraine superstar poster autobanned after doxxing someone so the weirdos are out looking for blood

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

maybe this has been posted already, but hersh is reporting ukraine is doing business with russia behind the scenes and zelensky is personally enriching himself

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1648048068187639814

yeah it rules how much Hersh still has insane scoops like this

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ukraine has the OUN explicitly baked into and celebrated as part of its national myth which filters all the way up and down the armed forces and political class, which is very different than the nazi merc paramilitary

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

every time i think these dead idiot forums can't sink any lower some dipshit had gotta go prove me wrong

there really is a striking correlation between anti-left posters/those with a parasocial fixation on Ukraine and being an absolute crazy weirdo/dumb as dogshit idiot

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Regarde Aduck posted:

until relatively recently a lot of them were unhinged openly right wing posters

lib politics has become so hosed up since 2016 onwards that the alt-right types that could keep their racism and transphobia hidden have been able to just reintegrate. Hence GBS, ostensibly not about geopolitics, is where all the '2 minute hate about country that the US currently hates' threads turn up.

luckily they are easily excited and have little self control. Once something gets them going they end up outing themselves.

luckily D&D is there to explicitly allow for a little transphobia and racism to be posted, as a treat

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Where's Far West Ltd when you need em

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

it's a tough place to be when you've painted Putin as literally Hitler and you wouldn't want to not support the guy trying to kill Putler would you?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Need to hear Ames' and Dolans' take on this development so I can trust that the opposite will happen

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

indigi posted:

lol go Wagner

Go PMC Wagner and the rule of LAW!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

very funny seeing libs turn into wagner supporters

when they kept harping on how Russia has Nazi troops too, they were saying that as a positive

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Raccooon posted:

How has the Russian Air Force not just blown the Wagner convoy up?

Bombing your own civilian highways is generally not a good look

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

coup's over already?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Very amused to see how many people in here claiming this was a CIA operation to start a civil war since clearly no one can have any agency without the US being involved to orchestrate it

Interesting

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jon Irenicus posted:

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume something happened with Prestor John and that's what's causing all this ruckus in the East

Blemmyes are rising up to fight the orcs

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

whats his username

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

good evening. is Putin overthrown yet?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Location(s) Moscow, Russia (2012–2013) Kyiv, Ukraine (2014–present)

:thunk:

Both of the most famous Ukranian black metal bands are Nazi bands (Drudkh's the other), must be some sort of weird coincidence

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DancingShade posted:

So remember how cluster bombs were considered too dangerous because children and adults would pick up the curious yellow dud things, thinking they were food or relief packages? I have a much safer idea which makes cluster bombs a-ok: Simply make the cluster bomblets matt black or painted with a rocky camo texture so they look like ordinary ground detritus. That way children won't be drawn to them. So they'll be safe. I'm a genius. Cluster bombs now good indeed. And safe!

Oh wow Raytheon just drove up with a giant novelty cheque for my amazing, revolutionary and very good idea.

just paint them rainbow

gradenko_2000 posted:

woke cluster bombs

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

is Zelensky like 5 feet tall

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

happy captive nations week everyone. hope you spent this week reflecting on what it's like to be a nation captive to communist hegemony and came up with some innovative ways to funnel guns and money to nazis. slava bandera, slava ukraini!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

okay so who is Paul Massaro referring to here when he talks about people "deep in our system", who has "co-opted our society", that has "the best lawyers" from "New York"

and what does he mean when he says "we have to get this corruption out of our society"

I have some guesses

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DancingShade posted:

The list of "international organisations" are way less impressive when you just look up their street addresses.

Anyone got any recommended reading on Havel? An undergrad poli sci class I took on Eastern Europe fuckin deified the guy and I'm curious what his real deal was. I'd assume the usual sheparding of privatization and shock therapy and general immiseration of his people in the 90s.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

like maybe this is sheltered of me to say but I've never really been exposed to much antisemitism so hearing that guy just slip it in was a little shocking to me - you hear it, and it's over before you know it, but at the same time the dogwhistle is so clear and undeniable

the dude is not just some Very Online guy that loves to post about Azov battalion, he's very literally a fascist!

Moss Robeson hit the nail on the head when he called NAFO a death cult. They are new age fascists who want mass death and destruction, pretty spooky stuff.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Ah, but they didn't annex Iraq and Afghanistan, unlike Putler

Totally different

it's pretty wild how supporters and enablers of US hegemony in the 21st century lack basic understanding of what that actually looks like in practice. Iraq is just a big question mark between 1989 and now??

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Iraq, Afghanistian, Libya and Syria were all outside the walled garden of European racial and cultural supremacy, in the wild savage jungle. So none of those count. To the superior will of the pureblooded pro-Ukranian spirit descended from the one true line of Bandera Uth Hitler Von Schnitzelgruber its an affront for anyone to invade back. To invade them. How dare they.

the West never escaped its continental wars being the most devastating conflicts in human history

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Yeah people supported the Iraq War at the time, they just soured a year later when everyone pretended not every politician was in on it.

Barbara Lee stays uh, winning, at one point in time

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

Glenn’s right

extremely funny that libs got themselves in a huff over whether👌 was a secret nazi code and then gleefully supported Ukranian nazis not too long after

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

I should stop reading this thread before going to bed.

I dreamt I was driving around in a tank.

that sounds like a great dream

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

US shipping $5 billion of tactical lawnmowers to Ukraine

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

A second missile has hit the hot dog cart

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

Yet the premise is false. Colonialism was a net drain on the treasury of European states.

lmao what an incredible thing to say

guess since it was a net drain no one benefitted and it's just a mystery why Europeans did colonialism at all

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

whoops all nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Federation Starship USS Shukhevych NCC-1488