Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Binged the entire first season of Reservation Dogs with my parents yesterday, I’m eternally grateful that my folks appreciate good television and films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Was this before or after he talked musk into buying Twitter

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Its crazy how long that show was on, along with Alaska Monsters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-pJpPAOJwk

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/18/entertainment/julian-sands-missing-hiker/index.html

Things aren't looking good for Julian Sands. He went missing Friday while hiking on Mt Baldy and inclement weather has made searching difficult.

drat, I read this just as they mentioned it on the news. I loved that guy in Warlock on Arachnophobia.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

zoux posted:

Nellie Bly famously did that irl but she got out and wrote a book about how bad asylums are.

This was also adapted into a season of American Horror Story as well.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Better Try Gai(us)

E: poo poo, I thought this was the thread with the current battlestar discussion

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 20, 2023

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Michael Shannon is a very cool guy

I remember first seeing him in Chicago Cab and was instantly enamored with him.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A high school just filled with teen versions of all the people he killed throughout the series.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

zoux posted:

I'm anti-caping whining twitter users who think that everything should be free.

How about the people whining about Netflix’s predatory licensing and royalty practice?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

quote:

I don't think it's good that it's happening, I don't assign a value to it at all. It is a business decision

The rallying cry of the “ideal capitalist”

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

1st row at the New Beverly are usually the first seats to go because they built them far enough from the screen to give them decent sight lines. There was another theater in Los Angeles that used to have couches for the first two rows.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wait, so was the last season the last? That’s crazy!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope it ends like Dr Sleep and Jodie Foster sics Buffalo Bill’s ghost on the true detective ghosts

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The drop in that song hits so good in that ep too

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That movie has one of my favorite exchanges.

“What are you doing?”

“Taking a poo poo.”

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

In a just world, South Side would be the celebrated award winning show about Chicago and not the loving Bear.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

The Bear is really loving good though tbh

I can only take so much of a young white professional pulling his hair back and getting quietly intense before going aggro at his coworkers BUT IT GETS RESULTS.

Also, the tomato can/money reveal didn’t make any sense in any possible way.

South Side was very wistful work environment fantasy show but it still felt real in a way The Bear could never.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 23, 2023

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

swickles posted:

I don't remember that! Also, this is still miles better than when people decide to do standup against your will, like when that one woman tried it in a movie theater.

I can't wait for someone to adapt that into a horror movie from a random audience member's pov.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

You can tell a lot about a person on what they fixate on in Breaking Bad. No doubt the Skyler haters endlessly quote "I AM THE DANGER" and the like.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Weeknd eat the eggs

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I had no idea there was a sci-fi spin-off show from Mick Garris' Masters of Horror, called Masters of Science Fiction, anyone catch any episodes? I saw Frakes directed one, I'm really curious to check it out.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was skeptical about the new History of the World part 2 show on Hulu, but it’s pretty funny. I couldn’t stop laughing at jackrasp.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1636056690385903621

:rip: but not unexpected since the renewal wasn't announced right away.

Ah, that loving sucks. I wanted to see what was in those other books.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Bob Iger saw #StopWillow trending and reached a logical conclusion.

lmao and also :smith:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Willow growling out "NOCKMAR" lives rent free in my head all day every day

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wow, that news hit me like a drat brick in the face. I'm stunned.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGzkeRHG5Zw

I love Bob and I love this show, but didn't he just have a heart attack? How did anyone think this was a good idea?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

bull3964 posted:

As someone who's had a heart attack, no it's not a risk presuming the heart attack was caused by a clot and there's no serious underlying damage that prevents your heart-rate from being elevated.

Heart attacks are normally (not always) caused by plaque breaking off of a fat deposit in the artery and the blood clotting around it. It can be easier for that clot to block an artery if there's other narrowing happening due to other deposits, but that usually doesn't change the outcome much. The exact reason WHY those unstable plaques decide to break off to kick the process off is really unknown and it's likely triggered more by chronic inflammation that weakens the fibrous wall that holds them on to the artery than any one single event.

At this point (assuming his heart attack was of the common trigger type), he will have been on high doses of statins for months. Statins, on top of lowering your cholesterol, actually have the effect of thickening the fibrous wall holding unstable plaques to your arteries, stabilizing them.

Current heart attack recovery guidelines, assuming there's no serious damage to the heart that could lead to heart failure, is to actually get back to normal activity as soon as possible. They had me out of bed hours after putting the stents in and I was home from the hospital in 3 days. I had a 100% blockage of the right coronary artery.

Extreme stress events can trigger adrenaline that elevates heart rate, spikes blood pressure, and narrows arteries which COULD trigger a plaque to break off, but those are really outliers. About the only activity that you should never ever ever do after a heart attack (or, really, anyone over 40) is shovel snow.

Great info and great post. I was probably coming off as extra precious about it, but what the hell, I don't care, I love Odenkirk and just want to make sure he's a-okay.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cosigning this one.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Every episode they not only debunk the myth of the week, they trace it's racist lineage back to its historical source.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I loved Castle Rock a lot, but if you have any kind of hang-up over canon or continuity, you'll probably hate it.

That said, what it does with the world of Stephen King characters is really unique and I wish we got a third season out of it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

My fiancee started watching Sons of Anarchy, which I really have no interest in but I'll occasionally watch for a minute or two when I'm passing through the living room, and Stephen King of all people showed up in an episode. That's probably the least likely appearance I would have imagined. I will say, that show does have a great cast for recurring and guest appearances. Ron Perlman should have more starring roles (where he's not covered in prosthetic makeup).

Stephen King is a big motorcycle guy

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Real "please clap" energy.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Zachack posted:

I'm not surprised Wolves was canceled but I am surprised a follow up comic was never made on the cheap. So many cheap tie in comics exist that I can't believe it wouldn't be worth it.

Who would you get to draw it? I’m thinking someone like Travis Charest or Sean Murphy.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

zoux posted:

Who actually draws licensed comics is whoever is tracing over production stills.

Jae Lee did some really good work on the Dark Tower comics.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It's just three hours of Joaquin's face as he reacts to what's on tv.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Lol I always forget about the JJ movies. I know I saw the first one and maybe parts of another. Honestly don't think Trek is very good as a movie, always leans too far away from what makes a Trek episode good.

Worked fine when they reskinned the JJ Trek movie and renamed it Guardians of the Galaxy.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Isn't that just Vampire Diaries?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Season 4 turns that specific dial all the way up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tubi used to have so much cool old schlock and now it's a wasteland of WB cast-off poo poo.