Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

I always love this fantastic take. No, he's not right. He's literally responsible for it and he's to stupid to understand that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

OddObserver posted:

Some of FTC's enforcements yesterday where against companies trying that against security guards. And it's striking how they talk about "libertarian" position --- if anything should make people question the "freedom of contract" nonsense it's contracts that make it impossible for people to make a living unless they keep working for the same company.

The fact that libertarian positions are inherently self-contradictory and literally impossible should make people question them.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Charliegrs posted:

So now Biden has a special counsel to investigate the classified documents at his office and residence.

I think there's no way in hell Trump gets indicted for hiding the documents at Mar A Lago now. Even though the situations were very different and Trump was purposely trying to keep them even after multiple negotiations to get them back. I think that's not going to matter now. If the precedent gets set that taking classified files is just what presidents do, then I don't see how any of them end up getting indicted. And we don't even know what will happen between now and the end of the special counsel investigations. What if documents are found in Obama's offices? Like someone else in this thread said, probably ever living former president is having their offices searched right now after today's revelations.

Not to mention the decorum angle and Garlands extreme sensitivity to looking political and partisan. Can we really expect him to indict Trump and not Biden knowing the explosion of right wing rage that will result from it?

There's nothing wrong with a special counsel investigating both. They both should be investigated, because we're talking about classified documents. If Biden's mishandling of the classified docs is, as it appears facially, to be purely accidental and corrected by his team when discovered, then it should be a pretty open-and-shut case. If the government seriously cannot differentiate between this and someone who intended to steal classified documents and then failed to return them, then that's a separate, far more serious thing.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Gyges posted:

The VP basically has the same clearance and info and the President, since their whole job is basically being the back up.

They have and need no security clearance.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Kith posted:

"Power users" to me means tech people - the ones who make bots and plugins and other fancy poo poo. Every single infosec person I know of fled Twitter as soon as the sale completed, for example.

What actual evidence do you have that the vast majority of power users fled twitter?

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Timmy Age 6 posted:

A delightful headline for a brief bit in the Washington Post about Mike Pence's dismal favorable ratings:
Mike Pence sits alone in a corner of sadness

Desantis that far in the upper left is concerning

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1620518098502844422

Sometimes I forget how much I loving hate Donald Trump.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What the hell is this 'narrative' even supposed to be?

The narrative is that the media is controlled by the democrats who are using UFOs to distract people from Joe Biden poisoning America

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

RealityWarCriminal posted:

You are denying these people their lived experiences. You are doing a no-growth.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

People's lived experiences often don't reflect reality, because people's lived experiences include things they imagine.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

Every time I see this I wonder how they expect their world to function without it. Senators and soldiers don't get paid without taxes, boyo. Its not like a social media platform where you can make "Freedom Revenue Service".

Senators easily get paid without taxes.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

WarpedLichen posted:

but it definitely seems like in this modern world public policy makers should respond to videos that gets a lot of views if only to maintain credibility.

That's literally all they'd be able to do then. There would be no time for anything else.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Differentiate between that and the high consequence long tail haz mat events.
What is the data on this?

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

selec posted:

Fact-checking isn’t journalism, in any meaningful sense.

Please explain this

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Bellmaker posted:

So what would it take for Biden to send the National Guard down there? Because this is some apartheid poo poo.

SCOTUS ruling against this and then the state ignoring the ruling.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Lib and let die posted:

Field goals don't win football games.

Scoring 10 perfect field goals doesn't turn a 35-30 game on its head just because 10 scoring plays is more than 5 scoring plays

Except your analogy would be more apt if the 35 point team lost because they got most of their points in one quarter and the 30 team got more points in the other 3 quarters. Points are supposed to win games and votes are supposed to win elections, but the US doesn't democratically elect the President. Calling out Clinton for eating poo poo in an election she dominated, but lost only because the way the votes were arbitrarily divided, is dumb.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

skylined! posted:

The garbage source is their website and public financial statements.

The garbage source doesn't say what you said it did.