Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

webcams for christ posted:

Jane Mcalevey has written extensively about organizing nursing unions in incredibly hostile environments for Christ's sake

Wow look at all those chuds. Should have organised a real leftist profession (programming)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yup. Programmers, systems engineers, podcast hosts, mom and pop landlords, these are the modern day factory workers and coal miners (both chuds) and are therefore the only valid non-chud profession

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Barristas are chuds

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

meanolmrcloud posted:

this is happening in real-time at my place. they offered a buyout that was pretty generous for people with even minor tenure (~5yrs) so everyone who knew how things function left.

I stayed because it’s a low effort job, I have a newborn and it’s real nice underperforming as a rule. literally yesterday I got a 5 figure bonus.

Give me money

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

fits my needs posted:

have you thought about buying a second house and becoming a landlord? seems to be p popular here

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

FlapYoJacks posted:

At his place for a week in Sicily after two in Tuscany for a "team building event" at a villa, yeah. Next week I'll be chilling with my friend in Le Marche.

Give me money

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Zodium posted:

gonna give you cancer with my cigarettes

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

HallelujahLee posted:

personally i preferred trump because im a chud union member and love chuds

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Congrats to the many goons benefitting from this :toot:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

triple sulk posted:

the best food, espresso bars and vending machines everywhere, pretty good and relatively cheap train system, is not the united states

???

But it's full of Italians

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Teachers are chuds

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

ram dass in hell posted:

he's a low effort troll just trying to get that reaction as many times as possible because any attention of any kind gets him off

Yup

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Xaris posted:

cant afford diapers? take out a line of credit

What the gently caress

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

idk if it makes it better but it's just a normal credit card that gives you reward points you can use for free diapers, or once your kid outgrows diapers some kid savings trust account or something

Oh, well, it's not worse. I guess

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

text editor posted:

When I lived in the northern part of the state one of the Amish kids on our bus bragged to us multiple times that he would get to stop school after 8th grade to work on the family farm so maybe there's something to this

edit: we were allowed to do this at 13 or 14 during the summer as a "corn detassler" that spends all day riding in a bucket pulling the tops off corn stalks while getting sliced up by leaves

I didn't last a whole season but I was able to buy a GameCube

GameCube ftw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

China has carbrain

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Glumwheels posted:

This is all theater, no one is stealing wifebeaters from target in any quantity that’s making a dent in their financials

Uh yes, I’d like to wait 10 min for an employee to come and open the case for a pack of $5 Hanes

I'd steal them tbh

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

maxwellhill posted:

pathetic to probe these long after the fact when no one will see

Lmfao

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Xaris posted:

that’d make sense. he’s building that $300 million dollar doomsday bunker in Hawaii to escape the plebs, and writing it off as “agriculture” would give him $$$ back

https://www.wired.com/story/mark-zuckerberg-inside-hawaii-compound/

lol just pictured all the shrikes and computer faaang guys making a biblical pilgrimage to the pearly gates of zuckpound begging to be let in, each promising to bring increasing wacky IPO ideas for mother zuck to incubate

Lol that all these freaks build their bunkers on islands thousand of kilometres away from where they spend all their time. I already know the answer (they're dumb) but do they really not consider that if things get bad enough to warrant sealing yourself inside Vault 101 then maybe the airports or marinas where they keep their megayachts might not be accessible? Surely it'd make more sense to build the bunkers out in the Californian mountains or in like Wyoming or whatever, somewhere relatively close to LA/San Fran but still isolated

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Smythe posted:

rip to AiT

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The glasses I ordered from Zenni showed up today and they’re as good or better from initial impressions than the local optical shop glasses with Essilor “high quality” lenses that cost five times as much.

I just got a pair and they're blurry as poo poo. Same prescription. Oh well Zenni is still ftmfw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Have Boeing planes been doing this the whole time and nobody paid attention until the funny exit door incident

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

super sweet best pal posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if Boeing went bankrupt after this. The airlines are going to claw back all the revenue they're going to lose from these planes and will likely follow UA in refusing to deal with Boeing.

They make fighter jets or baby killer missiles or whatever, they're not going vankrupt

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

You don't say "I'm taking a taxi" you say "I'm taking a uber" now. Tech wins again.

I don';t say either of those things I say 'I'm calling a cab'

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Smythe posted:

ok so now the la times fired all its writers. i subscribe to, and read, the la times. as does my dad. what are we supposed to read now for news, news about the los angeles metropolitan area, a very big, wealthy city. its dawning on me now just how hosed up this is lol. insanely awful.

Smythe posted:

i think it was a month ago that the la times stopped their kindle feed. my ELDERLY FATHER read the times on his kindle every day. pretty much the entire thing. da fuq is that old bastard supposed to do now? hes retired. ffs

Journalists may be generally fail as poo poo but that doesn't mean the collapse of journalism doesn't suck. Esp. for the olds. My mum buys da friggin newspaper for gods sake and stays fairly well informed on local stuff, but once that goes out of business (any day now) her only sources will be a) Facebook and b) me correcting the stuff she sees on Facebook

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

WillaRofers is a chud

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

Goon project:

I know just the Goon to handle this

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

NZAmoeba posted:

I have the same problem at a spot in Montreal, suspiciously close to the hospital. This post reminded me of that annoyance so I went to look up how to report radio interference in Canada, and...
https://ised-isde.canada.ca/site/spectrum-management-telecommunications/en/safety-and-compliance/interference/solving-interference-problems

(bolding theirs lol)

yeah sure, the private sector is exactly who should be enforcing shared use of the commons, great work Canada

Lmao cool

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

:gas:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

genericnick posted:

thread title

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Consultants gettung owned ftmfw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Graduation ceremony for MBAs but when they walk off the stage it's onto a pirate ship plank that leads straight into a shark tank. The consultant scourge is over and mankind rejoices

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

loquacius posted:

the american economy is just rich people moving money from one account to another over and over

They should move it into my account

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

So sorry to heear about your stock portfolio dude

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

loquacius posted:

hot take: It's really unfortunate that tech poo poo is p much the only way left to get a good standard of living without generational wealth and all the tech jobs being cut and replaced with poo poo that can't support human life is bad but was inevitable since tech workers were bamboozled into thinking they didn't need unions

Union factory jobs often pay well (not six figgie well but good enough for us uncoded plebs). Downside is there are roughly seven factories left between the Rio Grande and the North Pole so good luck getting one

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Praying for Putin to finish the fight in Ukraine before any more computer touchers lose their jobs

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

DickParasite posted:

Grammarly's entire business model is replicating the blue squiggly underline that MS Word gives you when you use the passive voice.

Lib guy reading this and thinking the solution to the pro-cop way the news reports police killings is to buy media corps Grammerly subscriptions

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Popoto posted:

"millenials and their gen z frenemies"

Ugh. 100% the person who wrote that is a landlord

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Can't believe this guy is also stealing cspam posts for his tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Twerk from Home posted:

After the Trump tax cut, your standard exemption is about $25k, so taxable income would be somewhere around $125k. Then they'd pay "$10,294 plus 22% of the amount over $89,450.", so 10k + 8k is about $18k in income tax. There's also payroll taxes, you used to get a marginal tax break once you capped out the Social Security taxed income, but that has shot up in recent years from like $100k to 150k so we can assume our couple is paying 7% payroll tax too, so they also pay about $10k in social security+ Medicare.

That napkin math says a couple with gross earnings of $150k are taking home about $120k.

Wow, poverty wages