Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I'm fairly sure that it is, in fact, going to be very boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

shyduck posted:

A reporter for WIRED was suspended for reporting about the Matt Walsh hack

https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1648785700194582528?t=aMwFsfangD15vlJfakoQLg&s=19

I too get massively bored, but I never thought to just start hacking massive douches to deal with that boredom. A true inspiration to us all.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

It's always good to admit to customers that they're overpaying for a product.

It is equally good to admit to shareholders that your prices are uncompetitive but they might be better in some distant future.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I must’ve missed it. Why is he mad at Wikipedia? Or is it simply that reality and facts have a leftist slant?

He meant to write Wookiepedia. He just absolutely hates Star Wars because some of their spacecraft don't blow up.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mycomancy posted:

This chart literally bums me the gently caress out.

Who are the 7 percent of people who like Mitch McConnell, his extended family?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Is there anything this guy won't ruin?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

so the limit is extreme?

Does that mean The Cheat is an extremist?!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

just end it so the poor person doing marges voice can die in peace

Should have ended 15 years ago and been replaced with a better series like, oh let's say Futurama.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

rodbeard posted:

he's a bad father so he's halfway there

His efforts costs billions of dollars (without actually helping anyone), he fucks off whenever he should be doing actual leadership stuff, he treats his employees like poo poo, has affairs with his underlings and can't stop pining for his ex. If he lost like 60 pounds and learned how to shut up for five minutes he'd be dang close.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

I don't think playing chicken with Google is going to go the way Musk thinks it will

Big Blue Bird vs Gobblin' Google who will win in this battle of the birds??

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

there isn’t a wedgie big enough to fix this.

I too like to announce publicly that I am guilty of the thing I am standing accused of. As a prank.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

https://youtu.be/0005sK02q2k

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

I disagree, its actually pretty bad and you only have to consider it from the perspective of a sympathetic person who might be the victim of targeted harassment, like a member of the LGBT community, a vocal feminist, pro-palestine, etc. etc.

any system that automatically inflicts punishment based on a large number of user reports is subject to brigading and WILL be abused.

Yeah, it is abused constantly and it almost never sees the proper intended effect against the kinds of lovely accounts that could do with a shadowban, especially now that Elon has said "racism is good, actually"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The only ads I'm seeing lately are for unlicensed t-shirts, fake laptop sites and clickbait-articles. Almost starting to look like a pirate service from the Internet's early days, just with less trojans.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

UKJeff posted:

I saw an ad for a pair of reading glasses where they used them as a chisel to break bricks in half and it made me LOL pretty good

E: https://twitter.com/BerdaPerfect/status/1585894697368625152?lang=en

Reading the comments, the actual quality is garbage. So on par with the rest of the ads.

Edit: Laffo

https://twitter.com/TheLazyEU/status/1646829647374569479?s=20

evilmiera has issued a correction as of 11:41 on Jun 30, 2023

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Mastodon really isn't too bad.

It's good but it needs more ways to link up with cool content that isn't just the "for you" tab on Twitter.

But that kind of works in it's favor because it reminds me of the olden days of the Internet. There's some real gold in there if you get lucky with boosts or just checking what cool people are following.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

say what you will about elon musk... but he is winning

He should 100 percent agree to the fight that was set up between him and Zuckerberg before he got his mom to tweet that he should chicken out.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

loquacius posted:

Is mastodon full of blockchain people because it seems like it would be

I've had zero issues on Mastodon so far. Other people have reported issues on some servers but overall Mastodon for me has been a pretty mild experience. No bitcoin spam, no scammers, not a single slur or people acting like they need to dogpile trans people no matter what. I'm sure it all exists somewhere but unlike Twitter regular use hasn't exosed me to it.

My only real problem is that a lot of its identity stems from "We're totally over our ex, Twitter."

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oglethorpe posted:

not really

tech nerds sure

Yeah it's weird how people are just randomly posting and boosting blueprints, code blocks, scientific articles and little pictures of frogs on Mastodon. I haven't written anything in years but I must have hooked up with a bunch of nerd accounts over the last few months.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

the milk machine posted:

i think everyone knows theres not a way to do a twitter that can make the kind of growth VCs expect

Social Media has some real issues making any money despite reselling your info and spamming you with ads. It's just a very inefficient method of communication.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Not until he has physically beaten Musk up. We all need the closure.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh hey, an actually good idea (new hearts/organs is something people want) that Musk 100 percent can ruin by simply not following any of the established patterns for developing artificial organs so the new hearts can explode/combust.

Like, the guy is already killing apes trying to make a link between brains and the Internet, and failing to compete with regular railroads. Who besides his dumbest fans would ever want to use a Tesla heart?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

hosed over a massive portion of his workforce then gets mad when those same people go work for his rivals for better pay and job security.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

job security is hilarious considering suckerburg already laid off more than 20k people in the last 6-7 months

True, it's not a great fit, but somehow still a better choice given Musk's "incentives" to come back to the company once he realized he had fired the wrong people.

evilmiera has issued a correction as of 06:31 on Jul 8, 2023

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

white nationalist shocked to learn that his success was the result of structural forces deliberately propping him up rather than his innate talents and traits

It might have helped if he spent literally any of his millions of dollars on staff like what he had on his old show to make his production values competitive with the other grifters.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Add picking a fight with the FTC to the list of things Musk is trying to do right now.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/13/tech/twitter-ftc-privacy/index.html

After they ruled in favor of the Xbox Activision thing maybe he expects the FTC to cave easy?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Trump told Musk to gently caress off and called him a bitch, must be time for Elon to start sucking up to him again hoping for a cabinet position or something.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Musk is that one guy from Animal Farm that kept trading with the pigs to exploit the laborers even further.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Toph Bei Fong posted:

It was very funny reading 1984 and Foundation back to back, knowing how much Asimov hated 1984 and thought it was unrealistic.

Clearly, O'Brien should have invented Space Religion to keep the Proles down, and thought about we need to suffer now so that in the long run things will work out due to plot contrivances better planning

At least the Foundation series didn't end up increasingly and pointlessly horny as the author either got dementia or let other people write for him (see Arthur C Clark)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

No that is the liberals

Why not both?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

Last time I checked bluesky he was being attacked for hating sex workers (the rationale seems to be: drill promoted the "block the blue" campaign, which is bad because lots of sex workers are paying for the blue)

I think he was a block the blue guy because he absolutely did not want to be verified against his will by Elon and kept trolling him by changing his name (which broke verification) every time he got the checkmark.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hot dog, my "too lazy to do anything but boil eggs" diet is vindicated!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

toggle posted:

what do you reckon Ian smells like?

Formic Acid

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hoshi posted:

pompeii was consumed by the pyroclastic blast from Mt Vesuvius erupting, a volcano erupting is hot, ovens are hot

Nazis just love their oven jokes.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Excellent, just dunk your entire brand into the toilet in one fell swoop.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon musk sir you must post in the diablo 4 thread in games

Please do a pre-emptive permaban of Elon before he decides to buy SA.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Tirade posted:

Yo gimme a bluesky invite so I can also cyberbully Vaush

Just go troll people on Gab or Twitter, it's a better use of your time and chances are better the recipients are Nazis.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

My first day off Twitter and I am exercising more, eating better and also nobody posted a racial slur in my newsfeed.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Shipon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPLQNUVmq3o
it's really hard to find a video without it being posted by right wing cretin shitheads so delete it out of your history once you watch it lest you get the algorithm giving you all that garbage

bluesky is so set in 2016-2017 dsa twitter mode i feel like someone needs to register lana del raytheon's name and just spamming the worst gritty memes all over the place

Bluesky is a lot better than Twitter right now. If that means enduring whatever you mean by that I will, just to have fun on social media again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Strangely, banks sometimes refuse to deal with people because of things they said, too. Like "I hate paying my bills on time" is a good example.