Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

This is the proclickiest of proclicks and the entire western world is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

El Anansi posted:

That atlantic article is unbelievable trash, they literally talked to one scholar of Islam, Princeton's Bernard Haykel, who (a) is an rear end in a top hat and (b) doesn't even really agree with the conclusions of the article he was quoted so extensively to support.

Mehdi Hassan did a way more thorough piece on the same subject that everyone should read. People buying ISIS's religious rhetoric at face value are getting loving played.

Thank you for those two followup articles. The original is now even more scary.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Bast Relief posted:

Start a thread about it or something. This is reminding me of watching my parents argue at Thanksgiving dinner in front of everyone. At this point there's no connection to RWM.

Well you know, people always want to try to make that as one of those things, well how do you, how do you slice this particularly tough sort of ethical question. First of all, from what I understand from moderators, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate off topic post, the forum has ways to try and shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the lovely posters and not attacking the thread.

I still can't believe that nearly 40% of the dipshits in Todd Akin's district voted for him after that.

Also, Christ...

quote:

In July 2014, Akin's book, Firing Back: Taking on the Party Bosses and Media Elite to Protect Our Faith and Freedom, was published. In it, he said that he regretted apologizing, because, "by asking the public at large for forgiveness, I was validating the willful misinterpretation of what I had said." He also defended his original comments and attacked various Republicans for "wronging" him, including Karl Rove, former National Republican Senatorial Committee Executive Director Rob Jesmer, Senators Mitch McConnell, John Cornyn, John McCain, Roy Blunt and Lindsey Graham and House Speaker John Boehner. He also repeatedly attacked the Republican establishment for seeing his comments "as their opportunity to take [me] out and select someone more palatable to their tastes", and the "liberal media" for making him "the target of a media assassination."

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

the jizz taxi posted:

People keep saying this about extremist blowhards but to me that comes off as an attempt to shield themselves from the terrible possibility that these idiots may actually believe the things they say.

There's no way that S. E. Cupp isn't acting. Early in her career, she was the right wing media's token atheist punching bag. The arguments she put up are basically taken from the top of the "how not to discuss atheism" list taken to the point of absurd parody to make sure that they're exactly what right wing Christians would want to hear. I mean, statements that are so perfectly wrong that they can't be anything other than intentional.

I'd actually assumed she'd dropped out of existence after her little performances, and I was gobsmacked to see her on loving CNN after the recent debates. That's what I get for ignoring cable news...

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Where did the 90% tax rate meme come from?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Radish posted:

So you have candidates A, B, and C and A winning. The idea that if candidate B drops out, all of his voters go to C and C then wins is such a GOP pipe dream. The reality is that they would probably end up splitting in some ratio that still allows A to win with some just not voting at all. If Cruz the slimy, amoral theocrat drops 100% of his supporters aren't going to flock to Rubio the establishment empty suit boy-man and vice versa. It's sad how these guys are desperately trying to pretend they have any agency in Trump winning or losing.

In last night's coverage on MSNBC, they showed the favorable/unfavorable numbers. If Cruz doesn't win the nomination, like 2/3-3/4 of his supporters would be OK with Rubio, but only like half of Rubio's supporters would be OK with Cruz. Only something like 1/5 of both Cruz and Rubio supporters would be OK with Trump as the nominee.

If Cruz drops, Rubio could plausibly challenge Trump at the convention, but not the other way around.

If Rubio drops, the chance of challenging Trump at the convention drops hugely, but Cruz won't drop... and I don't think Rubio will willingly drop either.

All Hail Chaos Candidate!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Rick_Hunter posted:

The party of respecting property rights can't figure out how to respect property rights:
YouTube bans histrionic Donald Trump ad for stealing Martin Sheen’s voice from video game

From the comments,

quote:

...if you're not familiar with the Mass Effect game series, Martin Sheen's character is an arrogant, bigoted, xenophobic billionaire who nearly causes the extinction of the human race when he gains power and puts his horribly flawed plans in motion.

Not having played the ME series, can someone c/d, because if so this is loving awesome.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
There's PYF Dark Enlightenment Thinker, which has discussed the Baldur's Gate stuff recently.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Jerkface posted:

Blizzard changed it to a more dynamic pose

They didn't just change it because of this one complaint. In the feedback thread itself they said that they'd already thought the same internally.

It is the molehilliest of mountains.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Morroque posted:

Well that solves one problem only to create another. If ideological conservatives are out and the alt-right is in, then who is the alt-right?
[...]
Edit: Or am I even looking at the proper alt-right?

You are, but it's not quite that simple.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Yeah, so the alt-right is making a movie.

http://www.silencedmovie.com/

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Sir Tonk posted:

But yeah, Jones is waaaaaay worse than Beck. Beck was just shilling for advertisers, Jones has an entire line of prepper bullshit and great things such as

I keep plugging them, but The F Plus did an episode where they read those product descriptions and reviews, and it's amazing.

e: And the just-released-a-few-minutes-ago episode is on David Icke, and it should be horrifying.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Prepare the Walsh anger because this is Big

In fact, the DoJ is even live-streaming the event. What a time to be alive.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Warcabbit posted:

Remember, Lynch is from NC.

Yeah, and having her draw clear lines between the Jim Crow laws on public facility use and HB2 was very appropriate.

One of the reporters just asked her to respond to some fucksticks in NC saying that the feds are trying to bully them, and she replied with basically "well it looks to us like they're the ones doing the bullying against trans people, so yeah, no."

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

PULL UP PAT PULL UPPPPPPPPPPP

He will get exact zero flak about this from his supporters.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Keeshhound posted:

Where did the whole "Self Identify" thing come from, anyway? I don't think I've heard anyone actually use that term to describe their gender identity situation.

Nobody on that side of the argument has the faintest understanding of gender dysphoria. This is the same crowd that insists you choose to be gay.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Rick_Hunter posted:

:geno: “I do represent the Donald Trump campaign, you’re 100% correct. However, I cannot speculate based on another person who works for the campaign’s remarks and what they meant by those.”

I feel like at this point Trump's campaign is just loving with them.

Na, the problem is that Trump never takes hard positions on anything and he constantly changes his mind. If a spokesman says something firm, he'll contradict it within days if not hours. For the most recent example, look at the Bernie debate brouhaha.

On one hand, I'm kind of glad that he's indirectly dismissing the whole "flip-flop" bullshit, but on the other, he's a complete policy disaster as a result.

The media and/or Hillary need to begin pointing this stupidity out.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Centripetal Horse posted:

Who the gently caress has thousand-dollar sheets, who believes $200 sheets are some kind of steal, and who the hell thinks $200 -> $1,000 is an 800% markup?

Well if you don't know the difference between markup and margin and can think about them in your head, chances are if they used the actual markup percentage in the ad they'd confuse their target audience of people that willingly subject themselves to loving Hannity.

Also gently caress him forever for trying to mistrain a dog.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

climboutonalimb posted:

This guy is a (R) shill on Fox News a lot but had a bit of a twitter meltdown tonight

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/743289565172097024

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/743290699773321216

#nevertrump is alive and kicking

Isn't this the guy that called Trumpkins childless losers that masturbate to anime?

I love him forever for saying that on national television.

e:f;b, ^^^^^ also off course /pol/ did that. gently caress.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Starnes met with Trump today with a host of other religious assholes

Well, I guess I know what we're gonna see tonight in the freep thread.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't know what is with Internet atheists and their :smug: -ness when it comes to that overall topic.
Trap sprung.

Christianity gets a lot of poo poo from Internet Atheists simply because Christianity is the most likely religion to be encountered by the group. There are a lot of legit Islamophobes in the Internet Athiest group as well, mainly because Christianity mostly just tells us we're going to hell, whereas Islam is loving scary because their fundies still take all the kill all those who oppose bits literally. There are Muslim theocracies that we can not enter because atheists are criminals there, with a sentence of death.

The smugness is because ... well, have you ever encountered a Young Earth Creationist? :smug:

quote:

I mean if someone believes that their is a God, follows the bible, and is not actively finding a way to make your life miserable, then why should you care?

Because there are too many that are indeed actively trying to make our collective lives "miserable" or maybe you haven't seen the right wing Christian types impose their """"morality""" on the entire country by political force.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

RareAcumen posted:

I think he's just talking about a person-by-person basis there and not like, on the internet.

Oh. No, people that do that poo poo IRL are jerks.

Keeshhound posted:

Are you seriously suggesting that the problem with Christians being smug, aggressive douchebags about your chosen life philosophy is that they don't believe the right things? Newsflash: being an rear end in a top hat isn't a bad thing because some religious people are assholes; it's the "being an rear end in a top hat" part that's objectionable.

The fact that I can point to a person being lovely doesn't excuse me being lovely.

No, you're right, assholes will always be assholes, and humanity would still have plenty of excuse to be horrible to each other without religion because that's how horrible humanity is to each other by default. Protecting the in-group and fearing the strangers in the out-group is standard operating procedure for our brains.

But when a religious person tells me that I should be killed, then yes, I am kind of going to blame their "chosen life philosophy" for not believing in "the right things."

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

corn in the bible posted:

wait, why are they marching today? did something happen?

It's the one year anniversary of Obergefell v. Hodges tomorrow.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

I would respect in a sense if a republican came out and said "yeah this isn't about safety we just wanted to close clinics"

This will never happen because if they did the courts would smack the resulting laws down instantly. The whole exercise is because they need plausible deniability for the courts.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

ThomasPancake posted:

What's that?

Racial Holy War.

e:f;b

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Equeen posted:

Christ, I don't think even Trump would support these proposals. What the actual gently caress? :psyduck: It's like the GOP is actively trying to be as out of touch as possible.

No, this isn't :psyduck:, this isn't :psyboom:, this is

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

I managed to make it a whole minute and forty three seconds in, when she called the Muslim Brotherhood "the mother of all terrorist organizations." I think I counted three correct facts in that time.

I can't imagine the worldviews of people that don't just subject themselves to this but also believe it ... and I document freep.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Chilichimp posted:

What is the RWM hard-on for calling them a terrorist organization?

The UAE, the Saudis, Egypt, Syria, and Russia have all classified the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist group, and none sooner than 2013. That should tell you pretty much everything you need to know.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 17, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Yeah that one's pretty good, but I'm a way bigger fan of the Cultural Marxism one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQo6LI3Y7c

I don't care if he has arguably bad opinions about anime, hbomberguy is amazing.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 18, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

So the implication here seems to be that the people that will love her speech tonight are closed-minded, bigoted, unemployed and uneducated right wing nutters?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

This derail is stupid so here's a longer clip of that dipshit. He was replying to comments about how white and old Republicans are.

http://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/gop-rep-steve-king-s-jaw-dropping-remarks-727402051814

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Dirt posted:

That's Twitch isn't it? The chat was live the whole time I watched it.

edit: Ha maybe not. But twitch did basically the same thing. Chatrooms haven't gotten any better since the 90s.

Na, it's bog standard Youtube live chat.

I almost wish Google had kept their real name policy.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

quote:

We know many people believe we have not done enough to curb this type of behavior on Twitter. We agree. We are continuing to invest heavily in improving our tools and enforcement systems to better allow us to identify and take faster action on abuse as it’s happening and prevent repeat offenders. We have been in the process of reviewing our hateful conduct policy to prohibit additional types of abusive behavior and allow more types of reporting, with the goal of reducing the burden on the person being targeted. We’ll provide more details on those changes in the coming weeks.

They'd loving better.

And now, the freeze peach meltdown begins.

:shepicide:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Some choice words from the highest of the high quality places for opinions on the internet, /r/The_Donald

quote:

Twitter allows accounts for ISIS members to communicate with each other, but bans conservatives for speech that a small percentage of the population declared "offensive".

quote:

Well boys, it appears @jack the cuck is back at it again, censoring conservatives while giving an outlet for free speech to terrorist organizations.

Is this really the line they're going with?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
A bit more from reddit.

quote:

quote:

I am tired of taking the high road. Maybe its time we took a page out of the libtards dirty play book and turned the tables on these fascists fucks. Riot, loot, block the employee parking lot of Twatters corporate offices, blm style.

We would never do that though. It is liberal nature to do that type of poo poo, cry like a baby and do ineffective poo poo when they don't get their way.

Yes, no physical action is suitable here. We shall continue to shitpost!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

I always watch a bit of BBC World News before hitting the sack. Seeing Milo's ban on the crawler made me very very happy. The MSM might actually carry the story, and everyone can find out what kind of person Milo is.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
e:f;b, phone posting sucks

Radish posted:

I didn't even know Milo was a tech editor since it seems the only think he talks about is needing safe spaces so he can shout about social issues without meanies talking back.

Even him as a """tech editor""" is a pathetic joke. Somewhere, I want to say KiA, asked him some pointed questions about important tech issues and he couldn't answer them. It was clear he doesn't care about tech at all. In fact, despite him being a gator favorite, before the job at Breitbart he routinely insulted gamers.

He's just an attention whore. Hopefully the Twitter ban is the beginning of the end.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think it's fair to say that if most of those people had a transgender person touch their arm they would recoil like someone had thrown acid on them. Homo/transphobia is very much a fear and disgust of what they imagine those people to be

Also don't forget that there's a whole bunch of people that think being gay is a choice, all gay people are also child molesters (that's how they recruit after all), and gender is the same thing as sex and is also immutable.

Transgender women using the bathroom are gay men in there to molest your kids.

Fear applies here, but it's driven by ignorance. Good luck fixing the ignorance part.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Lightning Knight posted:

God it's the loving expression. That terrible mix of determination and smugness. :psyduck:

Yeah but it's not nearly as revealing as Cruz's suppressed smile as he gave the non-endorsement last night.

I don't think she gave the salute intentionally, but I'm sure she realized it as she did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Official statement from Fox. The site's getting slammed, so here's an archive.is mirror

quote:

21st Century Fox today announced that Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network, and Chairman of Fox Television Stations, has resigned from his role effective immediately.

Rupert Murdoch will assume the role of Chairman and acting CEO of Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network

[...]

"To ensure continuity of all that is best about Fox News and what it stands for, I will take over as Chairman and acting CEO, with the support of our existing management team under Bill Shine, Jay Wallace and Mark Kranz.”