Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gutting the postal service and selling the land for pennies is one of the few things all dem and rep politicians agree on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the milk machine posted:

less than six inches? this is very concerning

I don't want this to go unappreciated

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

this poo poo baffles me, just baffles me

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

They're lib taintrunners

#woah #whoa

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I am thinking this is a holdover from 2016, and Biden winning in 2020 is proof that Bernie didn't do enough to help hillary in 2016.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

When can we begin to push biden left?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

really hard to push biden left if the people who claimed that biden could be pushed left during the election now do everything they can to prevent that left movement

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fluoride Jones posted:

Quotiing this because lol Trump is not even close to being the worst president in the nation's history

but trump was so personally nasty and vulgar. trump didn't let me ignore the brutality and violence in the system.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Skyarb posted:

I'm a loving idiot and I don't know how to feel about fracking anymore. At first it seemed like a slam dunk thing that was bad then that video came out saying it was actually good and I'm too loving stupid to figure it all out.

:dafuq:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Rah! posted:

"folks who need it most"

lol

mmmm, I love that means testing

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Thump! posted:

who gives a gently caress if it’s legal joe could just sign an order paying us and they’d loving do it

Send the guard into the treasury and get the money machine going gently caress

I'll never forgive trump for not sending in the paratroopers to Fort Knox and giving the gold to the people

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

SorePotato posted:

We're not getting money

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

She expanded and supported the slave trade in California.

Obama's Libya legacy is reigniting slave auctions as a thing.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

isn't this the tax credit thing that already exists?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I don't read posts and threads on SA that will make me mad irl.

If someone doesn't like what is being said, don't read it.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

haha just close your eyes and walk away. logoff.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Obama's historical records are going to be online only and carefully curated as to what is accessible to people lol. Literally every other President just dumped it all out there for the hogs to root around in because what're they gonna do, prosecute them?

Oh and it's going to be privately run by some grift factory

In short, the perfect library for him

Obama's library will be a key piece in maintaining his brand over the coming decades. Sadly, this means we will still have to hear from Obama for the next 40 years or so.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

They're going to lose the next two election cycles so bad. All they had to do was write the number 2000 on pieces of paper and mail them out.

And this is an excellent example of ideology, the things that centrists and technocrats claim not to have.

Sending out checks directly to the citizenry as a group is not within the mainline democratic ideology. This is why they are fighting it so hard, even though on a practical politics basis, it is a winner.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

looks like its gonna be its gonna be 75K->100K phaseout btw, according to politico

I believe nothing until the legislation is enacted.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nonsense posted:

the child checks are going to save them not the $1400

iirc the child checks are converting an existing tax credit into a monthly payment, correct?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Both of these facts together make me goddamned furious and are I am seriously done voting for democrats
I mean I live in VA anyhow but anyone who clings to the party can win without my vote anyhow
gently caress I hate this party

this is also an example of why "lesser of two evils" scolding and thinking should be entirely rejected. The democratic party, as an institution, lives and breathes an ideology that does not permit addressing the material conditions of the population, this is in addition to all the other touchstones of neoliberal ideology. We are in the end of history and the democratic party does not see improvement of the condition of the people as possible or desirable.

The more someone claims to be an apolitical, technocrat administrator or a moderate dealmaker, or a centrist that can "reach across the aisle," the more you can be certain that the person is in fact none of those things and is instead a hardened neoliberal zealot.

Sir Tonk posted:

the romney one was getting rid of a bunch of tax credits in lieu of just straight checks, not sure what will be in the final legislation tho i havent been keeping up the past week or so

which was, you know, what the dems should have been doing all along. instead they decided decades ago that it was best to hide all the good things government could do

the proposals being a total mystery until they finally emerge with the president's signature certainly hampers examination of those same proposals

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

KaptainKrunk posted:

The fundamental conflict in the Biden administration is going to be between the mostly PMC white Obama and Clinton people on the one hand and the black political establishment which thought crowning Joe would give them way more leverage. If that video where Biden was yelling at black political leaders is going to be any indication of the battle moving forward, Biden is in serious loving trouble come 2022 and especially 2024.

Joe may be in trouble in 2022 and 2024, but do you see the black political establishment not coming out in support of him yet again? He will hold out victory in 2022 and/or 2024 as the time when the promises will be redeemed and I can see those arguments carrying weight, especially among the people who want to believe that joe biden isn't a segregationist rapist.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

dem voting blocs exist to get swindled and hustled time and time again, why should 2022 or 2024 be any different? Those elections will be tough, but not for lack of institutional and popular support among the democratic party.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

I still maintain that klob was the original choice and Kamala only got the nod due to the riots

yep

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

infrastructure week!

I'm putting "solar roads," "electric cars," "hydrogen fuel cells," and "biomass energy" on my bingo card

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

fits my needs posted:

didn’t Joe’s brain cancered son help get some dupont heirs conviction go away after said heir raped his own 3 year old daughter or something

yes and it is a really ugly story. if there is a hell, I hope the brain cancered sun is roasting in it right now.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Parity warning posted:

nobody wanted biden, obama's guy was deval patrick lmao

the sole reason they got stuck with melty brained child sniffin' joe is because obama made him vp

omg, I forgot deval patrick!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/erinnthered/status/1360834689125158917?s=20
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/erinnthered/status/1360877763058491393

https://twitter.com/erinnthered/status/1360893061799112705

Erinn O'Dear would totally be a coons voter.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nichael posted:

Trmruop's USPS Governors:

Ron Bloom: voice vote
Roman Martinez IV: voice vote
John M Barger: voice vote
Robert M Duncan: 89 - 0 (not voting: Sanders, Murkowski, Booker, Harris, Warren, Rounds, Moran, Paul, Perdue, Isakson, Klobuchar)
Donald L Moak: voice vote
William Zollars: voice vote

lol thank you democrats. they couldn't even performatively vote against these people.

there are fortunes to be made off of all that real estate the USPS sits on

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the dems respected trump's business acumen too much to say no to his USPS picks

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

who the gently caress cares about this person. are we going to hear multi-weekly updates on her bullshit just because kamala is her step mom?

yep. we will be hearing about her for the next 70 years.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lmao at all the harm reductionists insisting that supporting biden was morally required because biden would address the deportation problem

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

well he's addressed it, promise kept

:hmmyes:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

man I'm glad I apparently missed that whole saga with her

her fame came from a terrible twitter video but if you don't already know, I envy you

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

You should have seen the video at least one time. Just to feel the rage bubble up inside yourself hotter than a nuclear meltdown.

I'd post the video, but it seems to have been disappeared from the internet.

don't listen to this man. it is not worth seeing at all. there is no reason to willingly gaze into that abyss.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I've also to this day never heard the High Hopes song, which I'll remind everybody here again, debuted for the first time on the same day the first case of COVID was identified in Wuhan

I didn't hear the song either and had forgotten the fact of its existence until now. Thanks CSPAM.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Meat Miracle posted:

you act like this is just a cheap publicity stunt, but companies like mastercard have been working hard to put minorities on the streets longer than any of you have been alive

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008