Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Is that guy just wearing a stack of helmets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Or do they think the woman who played the Aunt Jemima character is 200 years old?

Yes.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Is this what she means by "Ingraham Angle"?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

jjack229 posted:

I like how for the right, Antifa is both a violent, militant, terrorist organization that is the biggest threat and also a bunch of wussy liberals that are no threat at all.

Fascism 101: Your enemy is both weak and strong.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

MelvinBison posted:

Is this guy admitting that he wants to go on a murder spree or am I missing something?

Yes he wants to go on a murder spree because people don't want to killed by cops.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Surely Crooked Hillary will be caught this time!

(no she won't)

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Do other conspiracy theories keep regular opening hours?

At 5:00 PM they back to believing the Earth is round.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

Of someone pulls the "I identify as an attack helicopter" bullshit is it acceptable to tell mutual acquaintances that they've transitioned and don't want to be addressed by their previous pronouns and the like?

Tell them they should identify as funny and come up with jokes other than the attack helicopter one.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The national bird should've been the great horned owl. :colbert:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

It's 2020 and they still think they're going to be thrown into lion pits.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Reminds me of when "Sweden is 90% Muslim now and white people are scared to be out in public" was a thing.

I've seen stuff like that with U.S. cities that have large Muslim populations (according to my chud aunt, Dearborn, Michigan is a sharia law zone)

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 16, 2021

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Just show your chud friend the time Trump saluted a North Korean general :laffo:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Not gonna lie I'd like to see anal swab drones in the future.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Its funny that they always show their out of touchness with those takes. Baggy clothes and sagging hasnt been in style for probably 20 years now.

Baggy clothes are coming into style again but sagging pants aren't.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

one funny thing about getting older is seeing how its been long enough now that young people do not remember the trends that led to JNCOs, and as such are reviving it.

Fashion is a flat circle. I hear early 2000's stuff is going to make a comeback so expect Juicy tracksuits and wearing ties with t-shirts like Avril did that one time in the near future.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

In Texas schools there is a mandatory school-led "moment of silence" every morning wink wink, it's definitely not for prayer.

Florida recently approved a bill for that too. It won't take long for people to change their minds when a Muslim kid unrolls their prayer mat.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

Everyone's cool with me doing a call out to my boy Allah during the Pledge of Allegience then right, we good?

Inshallah

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Junkie Disease posted:

Did he ever stop shaking his head?

Legend says he still shaking his head to this day.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

What exactly have they spoiled?

It seems more that they have been wrong a poo poo ton with their conspiracy theories.

There's no way that's a real person and not a stock photo.

EDIT: He's real and his Twitter is full of stupid stuff.

https://twitter.com/ErrolWebber/status/1421547681936068613

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

TinTower posted:

Yes, that's definitely the meaning behind Squid Game.

Squidgame grindset

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Waiting in line at the grocery store sounds like communism!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

GrunkleStalin posted:

Even though I end up looking like an idiot I can’t help myself, it’s like watching a train wreck.

Me - In case you are scared of flying, here is some light reading as well.

***bunch of NASA docs***

TheLogicalOne - Indeed person encouraging you to take risks is the one who is afraid of things. I had really hope that you had gained a skill other than projection after all this time.

Me - What does that even mean?
Me - Who are you talking about?

TheLogicalOne - you, im talking about you, you project fear onto me "afraid to fly" while im telling you to stop being afraid of everything.

TheLogicalOne - and then you think not understanding something is an intellectual argument against it...

Me - Lol, that’s not projection that is called a joke poking fun at your risk/safety analysis since flying is safer than driving but flying is more likely to result in a catastrophic loss of life.

Me - Jesus man, learn to take a joke.

TheLogicalOne - is it always joking when you get called out?

TheLogicalOne - also, you claim to be mocking or poking fun at safety risk analysis, then you give a perfect example of why that point is valid

Me - I mean it was clearly said in a tounge in cheek in manner but if you did take is an insult I am sorry. I was attempting to be playful and make this conversation less serious and more fun.

TheLogicalOne - if its a joke, you set up no expectation to be overturned, and the expectation you overturned in the process was your own

Me - I will work on better communicating my efforts at humor in the future, to avoid further misunderstandings.

TheLogicalOne - i mean youve landed on funny, but do you see how it was entirely by accident and not crafted with any wit

TheLogicalOne - its like mr magoo falling out of a plane and managing to stick the landing

Me - The expectation to be overturned is that you are not afraid of flying

TheLogicalOne - because he fell out while it was still on the ground

Me - Which if that was not overturned, are you afraid of flying?

Me - Cause if so, then i was being real rude and apologize for bringing up a potential phobia.

Me - I assumed based off your previous comments you had no issues flying.

Me - That’s the tounge-in-cheek part of it

TheLogicalOne - okay, lets follow this through, you brought up that i have a fear that i dont have, then you changed your expectation in the conversation from your point of view to its opposite, with no setup for that change, and expected that to be the point of view for the basis of your joke, and the overturning of that expectation is "no your actually fearful"

your joke, was "ha you think you have no fear of flying but you actually are"

TheLogicalOne - thats not a joke, thats a poor attempt at bullying someone over projected fear you imagine them to have

TheLogicalOne - if that was your expectation, you are sinister and incompetent. Would you like to try and retract

TheLogicalOne - i mean youve succesfully managed to put it into joke territory, given that roasts are a form of humor, but its the kind of roast that nobody laughs at, except the mind numbingly indoctrinated. Its just hours and hours of callign trump a nazi because you cant imagine any actual qualities or behaviors he has worth roasting.

Me - I sarcastically implied you had a fear of flying based off the fact you said you would buy your own tickets(implying you had no fear of flying).

Me - It also pokes fun at your reluctance to come down to Houston and talk to an Astronaut despite it being a free trip.

TheLogicalOne? More like TheWhinyPantsOne.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

And then more people get shot because no one knows who's the shooter. Meanwhile, the actual shooter slips away in the chaos.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Nothing will ever top that one Branco cartoon that's set in like 2050 or something, with a couple of guys in heavy winter gear, surrounded by glaciers and snow, laughing at a guy frozen in ice with a sign that says "STOP GLOBAL WARMING," and in the background a sign says "Welcome to Florida."

drat, I really wish we got another ice age.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

A conservative wants to outlaw all abortions and punish anyone who would hel you get one.

Except if their daughter, wife, or mistress needs one.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

jivjov posted:

Teachers are simultaneously the last line of defense against a school shooter and also horrid groomers that are transing the youth

Armed teachers will teach CRT and trans the youth and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

isnt that the actress that burnt the disney inf money bridge and traded it for a role in Tiny Ben's cinematic movie universe and being unnamed secret service agent in the Hunter "big hog" Biden movie?

Yes.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Gina Carrano would’ve been the biggest goddamn thing in pop entertainment for years if she had just managed to keep her dumbass mouth shut. A fan favorite woman character in STAR WARS of all things?? That’s at least a spin-off with multiple seasons, recurring cameo roles for decades. It’s so hilarious how badly she screwed up, and there’s zero chance the right wing grift circuit gets her anywhere close to that level of success. Incredible

It was hilarious seeing the same chuds who whined that "SHE'S MAKING STAR WARS IS TOO WOKE" then proceeded to defend her. :laffo:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Medullah posted:

Someone made a landlord joke on a random Facebook page that popped up in my feed and there was this legendary take posted as a reply

What was the joke that made this landleech upset?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

"We don't need you no-Mao"

That's a good one.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Just say anything in Vietnamese and you win.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" shouldn't even be considered a Christmas song.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The balls. Jet fuel is stored in the balls.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Always preferred the ones with shepherdesses standing barefoot in a field tbh

Why are shepherdesses standing barefoot in fields? Are they stupid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

LonsomeSon posted:

Everyone counts except the Marines.

Who do also count but gently caress the Marines

If those Marines could read, they could be upset.