Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

wafflesnsegways posted:

What is both great and terrible and Scott Aukerman is that he is full of non-jokes that are only funny to him. Listen to the theme songs for the games they play - the "what am I thinking" theme, the "would you you rather" theme - and imagine him picking those ridiculous pieces of music out.

"Who said it" gets funnier every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Bobby B is probably his best character.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Oh my God that rap battle just kept escalating and getting crazier and crazier.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DangerDummy! posted:

I just bought "9 Sweaters" from iTunes. I'm only 5 tracks in, and it's fantastic (well, maybe not "Shooter's Bon Voyage Set", but I've never been a fan of the character). The last few minutes of "A Star is Born!" had me laughing so hard I almost vomited.

9 Sweaters is amazingly great. I didn't get Shooter at first, until I watched a couple episodes of Entourage and listened to enough LA-comedy-scene-podcasts to get all the references.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

RandolphCarter posted:

Preview was good, but man it's weird seeing Paul F. Tompkins doing Lord Webber.

I want to see what they'll do for Ice-T.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

dancehall posted:

There is no better character. :colbert: that was my favorite Daly appearance

His stand-up as Paddy is great too. Probably the best bit on his album.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

SpacePig posted:

I could do without Peretti unless it means the return of Adam Scott doing Persephone the android, but this has me legitimately excited.

A worthy uh
A worthy uh
A worthy uh

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Poopy Palpy posted:

"Nerd Poker" is the exact term I've always used to describe D&D to the uninitiated. Sure, it's got magic spells and orcs, but it's not about that any more than poker is about finding cards with the same numbers on them. It's an excuse to get people together for a few hours. And I'm pretty excited at the prospect of who Earwolf might get together for a few hours.

Magic: The Gathering is nerd poker :colbert:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Has James Adomian ever done his Richard Branson on CBB, or is that just on Sklarboro Country?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think Rust and Neil Campbell worked so well together just because they have really similar humor. Campbell's Georgia politican character just started doing something that was basically New No-Nos during one of his bits.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Help Im Alive posted:

I love Paul Rust but to be honest the only time I've found the New No-Nos funny was in the first episode he did them with Jerrod Carmichael and Jessica St Clair

I agree, but the idea of "new no-no: dad's the son now!" will make me laugh forever.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Every time I think about Chris Hardwick all I can think about is The Best's Shows sound collage making fun of his standup and how pandering it is to "nerd" culture.

ARE THERE NERDS HERE TONIGHT NEEEEEEEEEEEEERDSSSSSSS-

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I wish some old characters would come back, like the good one robot.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Thoogsby posted:

I made a special version of Yellow Submarine that I thought Todd would enjoy and one of the Scotts RT'd it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAC-vUZgDO8&feature=youtu.be

Still not enough reverb.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Just look at this picture. Look at everyone but PFT.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Twin Shadow isn't the last musical guest I'd expect to be on CBB, but he's fairly close.

Confess was a great album if 80s new wave with better production is your thing.

Didn't Scott mention on an early Analyze Phish that he really liked Confess? I remember getting the album because of his recommendation.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Here's my dream setup: guest host cyber thug, primary guest St Vincent, James Adomian doing the food critic guy ONLY!!, Matt Besser as Hooch the Mooch, and a special appearance by John Daly as a guy who won't ever stop yelling.

If Adomian is going to be the food critic, Besser should be Bjork so they can talk more about pulled Bjork sandwiches.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Segway Rave posted:

I started listening to it on a bus and it was a mistake

From sadness or laughter?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The first :filez: I ever downloaded was The Bum Song, so Tom Green holds a special place in my internet heart.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Poopy Palpy posted:

I didn't care for Scott Aukerman when he was riding his straight guy schtick, always talking about his wife.

His former girlfriend (who he later married.)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Golden Bee posted:

I only saw Boardwalk Empire recently, so I didn't know who Richard Harrow was. But PFT's portrayal is amazing.

I miss these youtube streams. Did they ever say why they stopped?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I thought one of Scott's main gigs before CBB took off was writing for award shows.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GobiasIndustries posted:

I dunno if anyone else had the same experience, but the Earwolf app was a buggy piece of poo poo when I tried using it, which makes me pretty nervous that the Howl app doesn't seem to have learned a ton from the previous app failures.

They need to find the SquareSpace of app makers

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Teenage Fansub posted:

The miserly crones have just been defeated.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/happy-birthday-copyright-ruled-be-826528
PFT needs to reappear immediately for an emergence special episode.

Free at last. I hope an entire episode is based off of this.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Needed some "part IIs" in there.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Paul and Scott probably look better now than they did back then while everyone else looks like they lived the rough life.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

whydirt posted:

I do wish Scott would use some kind of recurring segment, even if it's not Would You Rather. The better guests can fill a whole ep with just interviewing and improv wackiness, but some structure would be nice for when things fall flat.

He brought up Jukebox Jury last week!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZWXYIIWaI

make a pizza~

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

That conversation just reminded me of the Invisible Child We Hate Movies episode, where the dad asks the nanny if she wants a snack and starts making a pizza.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

Mulaney cultivated some great confused "Who are these unfunny fake old men" responses in his Twitter feed. Really regret not DVR'ing this.

Why is there still no youtube of this

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Illinois Smith posted:

Are you saying Als Just Want To Have Fun?

No, they just want to have lunch.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iAtUBfMeCI

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kings Of Calabria posted:

The app I use has "for this show only" and "for any new show" settings, so CBB always starts at 1.25x with Smart Speed turned on but can be changed. If it's super funny I go to 1x to drink it up, and if it's kinda lovely but still worth hearing I go to 1.75x. I listen to a lot of boring political podcasts at 2.25x so I'm used to it if I speed it up, though depending on the guest and how they do deliveries the superspeed can stop being useful.

Get off the internet Howard

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Lord Wexia posted:

So far Tim Baltz is my favorite fresh face on CBB of 2016. He seems so comfortable with the format and willing to try new stuff and find ways for it to be funny without relying on a catchphrase or easy joke. The first time he said "Sugar Babies" I almost lost it.

Were they Mickey Rooney Sugar Babies?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oh man, be sure to listen all the way past the end credits on today's episode :)

I really want to know where this is going with J.W. Guessing they will build it up during the tour.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

And to think Cyber Thug could have been on the ground floor.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Arm_Fruit posted:

Children's hospital films in the same hospital as scrubs.

The hospital finally got demolished a couple years ago, which is why Childrens had to go to Japan.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Berzerker posted:

the Friday show was OK but I didn't think it was great

C-?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If you get Howl can you download the shows like normal or can you only stream them through the app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Meaning Jews? Maron trying to act more Jewish when he has the older comedians on is funny