Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I think Hussie just broke a giant flash movie hosting service that wasn't even his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Unintentional DDOS are the best DDOSes.

quick, someone pretend to upload the file to freerepublic.com

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Guys.

Guys.

Don't you get it? It's the Scratch :haw:

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
So, uh, Why are there extra God Tier designs in the store?

For Terezi and Nepeta's titles?

all the missing spaces in the store basically spoiled the godtier part of the flash for me

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

atomicthumbs posted:

Loose Change 4/13: A Sburban Conspiracy

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Saradiart posted:

http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002834

Is that ectobiology in Jake green?

I don't think so? The only characters linked to using ecto stuff are John, Karkat, and Mom. Of which only Mom seemed to know what was going on.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Waffnuffly posted:

Wow, I laughed aloud at the yellow yard -> yellow brick road joke, but totally lost it at Hussbot. I love all these Wizard of Oz references.

Wait until it retroactively becomes a Zardoz reference.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

snucks posted:

fingers crossed for jake alchemizing a certain new outfit.

quote:

GG: password fuckass
CG: THE GUN IS GOOD, THE PENIS IS BAD

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

pandaK posted:

It's a crab blargh

I really like Rose's hair in this picture.

really really
like it.

It looks a lot like Mom's hair. It made me do a double take and think that Jake and Mom were in the picture instead.

:goonsay:

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

"Sorry I took so long.." :ssj:

"Near the furthest ring, time as we know it slows down. One day there is a year to us. A year to tr8n to ascend to the level of Super Troll........"

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Between mastery of space, time, wind, and ??? I don't see how they can't make the 3 years pass in an instant if all the God Tiers are together.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Ominous Jazz posted:

Well she is a vampire. When was the last time she fed? :ohdear:
Wait, what did her biting Terezi do anyway? Or was that a beta timeline? :psyduck:

Snacktime. She's collecting all of the bloods to make a new matriorb inside her I guess?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Lots of callbacks in that one. Does Jake fall out of his sprite into the same <3 pose as Vriska when she had her rear end kicked by Kanaya?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Color Printer posted:

Who am I kidding Tavros will never know true happiness :smith:

Nah, he learned the sick fires.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

JT Jag posted:

It isn't hard to figure out the concept, the issue is that the concept kinda quickly leads to... potential gay stuff. Which isn't even a thing for trolls, but I think Dave might be even less of a homosexual than John.

But his Bro? So ironically gay that he's actually gay.

It's just how someone who wears a shirt with a hat on it would roll.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Mystic Mongol posted:

Dave made a lot of artifacted crap and then shot it all into space, remember. I guess this is where it wound up.

He shot it in into the sun.

Nobody ever said which sun. :ssh:

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Fister Roboto posted:

You don't say :allears:

I don't know why you're saying something like that when literally dozens of people are frantically F-5ing their keyboards for the sheer privilege of paying $255+ for random Snout plushies.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
The whole alternate timeline thing was depressing in general. Remember reluctant alcoholic Rose?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Oh god there's just too much cool poo poo, I can't resist it all.

It's like all of the merch people were requesting for years were all held back for the kickstarter.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Lord of Laughton posted:

What I find interesting is how every single article I've seen lately (from the CNN one to O'Malley's or others) always describe it as a comic where 4 friends play a game that will save the world, or save/destroy the universe, or some iteration where the kids' actions have an effect on the fate of their world.

Of course, this may be discretionary on the part of the writer to not give away the fact that, really, nothing the kids do is going to save the world from being destroyed.

Don't forget that, in the case of CNN or whatever, a bored staffer has a set amount of time to finish an article. Do you think he's going to do a wikipedia search and 5 minutes on tumblr, or read 5000 pages of deliberately dense chatlogs?

graybook posted:

One of the amusing things is that one pastebin document with names for many of the pairings.

I ship a thousand rabid cosplayers in grey body paint with a meek webcomic author that has no idea how to respond to them.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Color Printer posted:

There's also something else now ready to be dumped into Jake's sprite besides AR and whatever troll carcass Gamzee brings along: she's small, has two wings and a glowing posterior.

Dirk head. Becomes Mega-shades. You're welcome.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Rooreelooo posted:

So is this update the first confirmed sighting of a denizen? I dunno if that was supposed to be a yaldabaoth statue but it looked like it was the real deal to me. It was all bright and glowy.

As far as I know, yep!

Also, I wonder what Sawtooth and Squarewave are up to, seeing as they brought 2 houses, one filled with dead bodies, into Skaia.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
So...Zillyhoowhatdads for everyone? In both universes?

edit: Is the Blunderbuss for Jade, Roxy, whatnow?

David Copperfield fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 25, 2013

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I love crowbar poo poo.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
How did she get the Vriska/Tavros mind control powers again?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I don't think Davesprite has ever really been not depressed and passive aggressive. Probably stems from being a doomed Dave.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

quote:

MEENAH: ugh
MEENAH: you and your intermissions
MEENAH: what is with your intermissions they aint even intermissions most of the time
MEENAH: they just an excuse to tell another dumb story inside a longer dumb story

MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition - just an excuse to tell another dumb story inside a longer dumb story

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Mildly surprised that neither of them have stabbed each other mid-hug yet.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

WAR FOOT posted:

Hey look Tavros had character progression while dead. What next???

Looks like someone forgot about some Sick Fires.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Ammat The Ankh posted:

But for that to work, you'd need Doc Scratch to give the orders.

Huh? Why is that?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
The 13 of Stars seems ominous.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Valex posted:

I legitimately forgot the plot to this comic, what should I do now

Put every lucky charm marshmallow onto a grid, and pretend each one is a kind of sexuality.

Now go make some dirty fanfiction about that.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Oxxidation posted:

I am genuinely pissed off that this makes sense.

I am genuinely pissed off that this wasn't written by Koos.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Tollymain posted:

Wow that result is kind of gross if you think about it for more than a few seconds :barf:

Why? Because it's green?

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I'm half expecting Jake English to somehow become Lord English (despite all the evidence suggesting LE is actually an instantiated Caliborn).

You mean a hypnotized Spades Slick.

Which leaves us with 3 different people that could become Lord English. But it doesn't matter.

He's already here.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
On the plus side, now we get to see how the crater before the inevitable frog temple happened.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
How wrong the things Gamzee did to Terezi was < How the wrong the things done to that body pillow was.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Dorroile posted:

I finally got around to reading And It Don't Stop today, and man, i kind of wish Hussie had used this art style for Homestuck. Though i guess that'd make it harder to pump out so much of it.

And I miss the sprite style: saving the more dynamic panels for much more impact.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Angry Walrus posted:

Probably just decided to wait for the last page of Homestuck for them to smooch.

The last page of homestuck: everyone dies, then they smooch, then they all get revived. nobody dies and everyone is shipped forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
I don't think Act 6 has been "terrible" except for the random Jake poo poo. They managed to condense the "oh poo poo what about all the other trolls that could exist?!?" into 3 mostly fun flash walkabouts, instead of a billion pages of chatlogs.

But maybe it just doesn't look like crap in comparison to the gigantic tumorgreen sun of Act 5.

As for creating something that the fandom wouldn't turn into something horrible? Who loving knows if that's possible when you're a popular piece of media with tweens.