Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blk posted:

I think this may qualify for going so far into awful it wraps around to awesome

Well, if you ever wondered what a spray on tan would make your cancer-swollen nuts look like...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
All trikes are terrible.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

neckbeard posted:

what's that colour called?

Evergreen

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/161829-2000-bmw-z3-m-coupe-rare-evergreen-kw-coilovers-low-miles-seattle.html

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Krakkles posted:

Hunh, so it is. That's what I get for trusting a BMW owner!

Edit: Actually, it may be either. Mint green was paint code 097, evergreen is 358, and they're annoyingly similar.

I'd guess it's mint, though, because it appears to be the lighter of the two. And the license plate.

Nope, M Coupes only came in evergreen. Mint is something newer (and looks like poo poo, imo).

M Coupe production info:

http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/index.php/2010/05/161/

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
That's in Lynnwood right?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Best Lemons theme car ever, no question

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Kenshin posted:

Just saw this on I-5 North just South of Everett. The girder was so large that it was the thing connecting the front of the truck with the back. If you look close enough you can see the driver!

I bet it's for the new bridge in Mt. Vernon.

They have a similar vehicle with rear driver for moving the Boeing 777 wings from Auburn Fabrication to the Boeing Everett factory.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I'm way past the point of caring what they name newer BMWs--I'll just keep to my older BMWs because thats what keeps me happy.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

Stanced cars go in the other thread.

No its in the right thread, that thing is amazing

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I think it's almost been 10 years since that poster (benji?) with the S4 said that superior adhesives line, can't believe it's been that long already.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

joat mon posted:

It looks more like a nice old 5000 with a new bumper/chin bodywork.

I think it's an Audi V8, not a 5k/100/200.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I'm still amazed that it took me so long to notice how similar the proportions of that generation of SE-R are to the e30.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sweet, this is only a mile from my house

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

13 INCH DICK posted:

BUILT NOT BOUGHT

I raced against this in a chump car race a few years ago

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Prices for 993's make me think they're classics already.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

Am I just getting old? Or would this car be 10 times more awesome if it was about 3 inches higher so that it could actually be driven without worrying about tearing the bottom off of it. I mean, my first car was super slammed and it looked cool, but I had to drive super careful and slow as poo poo most of the time. My current car I won't even lower because it already scrapes certain intersections. I love how a super slammed car looks, but it's so much more satisfying to have a balanced suspension that lets you hoon like a total rear end in a top hat with disregard to the bottom of the car.

That car is definitely on bags and set low for the photo. It is/was owned by the same guy who owned "rusty slammington" aka the rusted out e28 535i

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yeah, it looked nice but it was totaled, so not a surprise he turned it into rusty. I liked the car, personally but I think that guy is a huge prick.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

West SAAB Story posted:

Its just a shame that the rest of the car looks like it was abandoned in a shopping mall for a decade or two.

The roof was chopped while it sat in a parking lot? The thing was totaled outside of the owners actions, he hosed around with it and that's what you see.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Slavvy posted:

A lesson in destroying function for the sake of form.

Obviously its bagged. It looked fantastic in person, imo.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

It's not bagged it's static and it belongs to the rotiform man. I like it. Paint everything teal.

I guess I'm wrong but I still love it. That color is perfect.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

dissss posted:

That's the standard front?

That hood and bumper are only found on the RC/CS homologation models. Also features a water to air intercooler and a bit more horsepower iirc.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I liked the claim of plymouth being in the position of having no more worlds to conquer.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Mighty Horse posted:

I have always wondered why people double up on giant gently caress-off turbos like that....so you can run each at its quarter max boost?

Pretty sure it's for mad mike's drift FD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il986P_ooEE

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blindjoe posted:

I wish PT cruisers were cheaper, I totally would run one in chumpcar.

waste of entry fees. i'm all for gimmick cars but that's a lot of effort to prep one well enough to survive a race.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I checked out 4-5 of them at SEMA this year and they're just so friggin cool.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Hog Obituary posted:

Dunno if this was already posted, but this guy did a 9:55 on the 'ring in a 52hp Citroen AX diesel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBFjHjm0O5M

This is amazing

quote:

This record lap was done on Saturday August 17th 2013 at 8:37am.
It was the 118th Nordschleife lap for this car and my 10th attempt trip (1115 km away from Bordeaux in France).
Lap timing equipment = mobile phone with Harry's Lap Timer and a XGPS150 Bluetooth receiver.

It took me a lot of time and patience to achieve a "Bridge To Gantry" lap time under 10 minutes during the tourist drive sessions at the Nordschleife.
This challenge was definitely for fun but also to prove it could be done with work, tenacity and a bit of madness too...
I have been chasing the 'perfect lap' for 7 years with no traffic, no road works, fresh air, dry track, no driving mistakes and a reliable drivetrain.
This TUD3 diesel engine is known for its poor reliability and I went through 9 engines and 5 gearboxes!
Here I want to thank all the people who spent time to help me work on this little car.

With such a non-powerful car, if you kill the momentum you're done, and in many corners I tend to overdrive the car trying to maximize momentum.
For this reason, my video is not a driving lesson at all!

During all these years I tried to be respectful of the Nürburgring tourist drive rules, the other users (faster and slower cars) and the people working on the track.
Recording movies and lap times is not allowed, in theory...but I made this video to show you don't necessarily need a sport car and a lot of money to enjoy driving.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

Are we actually seeing the air condense as it's being pulled into the stacks? That's a really weird affect I've never seen before.

That's fuel.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

what car was this going into? great video!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sudo Echo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ

This is still my favorite video of a Porsche trying to kill a man with balls the size of Jupiter. RUF test drivers are nuts.

This will always be the undisputed best 'ring video of all time.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Ghost Farts posted:

May I present a video of a Citroën AX diesel laying down a sub-10 minute time on the ring? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBFjHjm0O5M

The thing is mostly stock, too. It's insane.

e: Dude is not wearing a helmet, either. I can only assume it's to save weight. He had been working on that time for years, too, regularly driving to the Ring from France, carrying replacement engines and a sleeping bag in the car. Talk about dedication.

2nd best video ;)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
LaFerrari vids are popping up now:

shots of the active aero doing its thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J2ne046fVM

and gratuitous slow motion drifting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxh8WNGDzi8

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Farmland Park posted:

It's the 60's and you're a French singer in Saint Tropez, what is the best use for your beach towel?

That's the singer servicing his own Ferrari 250 GTE, with his wife's 250 GT Lusso in the background

Cool car but look at those shoes

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

This truck is sweet, but that video was terrible--showing the same 4 clips over and over is bullshit.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MrYenko posted:

Have you ever met a GTR owner?

holy poo poo :iceburn:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gently caress yes

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/08/boogie-van-engine-back-wheels-air/

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

AirRaid posted:

Brownshoe? :v:

Nope, only Z3M's get to be called shoes!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Elviscat posted:

Yeah, 'cause shoe's are what they bear theclosest resemblance to...

Z4MC most certainly does not look like a 'clownshoe'. :colbert:

Edit: content

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Holy gently caress

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Chemmy posted:

They build it around you and after driving it for a while eventually you suffocate.

Ferrari LaCoffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Serious code brown there, holy poo poo