Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
From the thread about the LA Cop who has begun targeting police officers and their families:

Anus Dei posted:

When I heard he'd made a positive comment about Michelle Obama (and her bangs), I wondered how long it would be before the rightward leaning blogosphere (and ultimately Fox News) declared him a Democrat.

http://twitchy.com/2013/02/07/msm-covers-up-christopher-dorners-hard-left-political-views/

And we're off!

(For those that don't know, Twitchy is Michelle Malkin's twitter monitoring site.)

This should be spectacular to see metastisize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Came here to post this. Rush and Cain cited him on their shows today.

Woodward just seems like a slimy opportunist to me. I remember reading State of Denial a few years back and, as much as I disliked Bush and Rumsfeld and wanted to agree with everything in it, I was skeptical and instead kept finding myself wondering how Woodward could know half the poo poo he wrote in that book unless he was in the room when it happened. So many passages from it read as if he personally had the Oval office wiretapped. It was like reading Albert Goldman's book on Lenny Bruce.

The right wing media back then (rightfully) pitched a poo poo fit about that book and painted Woodward for what he is, but now I guess he's an unimpeachable source and a free speech martyr because he's hammering on the President and Obama doesn't like it. All of a sudden, Cain and Rush are first amendment champions and for a free press.

And flipping past Fox a few minutes ago, I was greeted with "Woodward vs. the White House: Mainstream Media Choosing Sides."

How is it not clear that Woodward got caught with his pants down and is trying to save face now?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Oh, Erick Erickson!:

Erick Erickson posted:

That lefties are accusing the new pope of handing over lefties to the right wing junta for execution makes me adore the new pope.

Erick Erickson posted:

Lefties upset about the death squads in Argentina back in the day are all about death pannels in the United States

It will be interesting if the media discusses possible connections to the junta, or just quietly sweeps them under the carpet.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 13, 2013

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

RetroHelix posted:

Holy poo poo, a woman wrote that. I was picturing some balding middle-aged overweight buffoon. Nope!

I'll never understand how some women can internalize misogyny so much.

XyloJW posted:

Suzanne Vekner is also Phyllis Schlafly's niece. I'm sure it's no coincidence.

God drat, between this and her nutbag son Andy, that family just keeps pumping out horrific children.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 14, 2013

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Amused to Death posted:

It's a way to cope, it's nothing new. There were plenty of women who were against giving women the right to vote.

comes along bort posted:

Well if their environment day in day out is nothing but rank misogyny it's not too much of a stretch for it to rub off. Same thing with black self-hatred.

I can understand that, it just amazes me how virulent it can be. I suppose it's just hard for me to understand what it must be like to live in that kind of environment and be so subjected to that kind of hate that you take it upon yourself.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Has this been posted in this thread?

FOX News at its best and this dude just owns the poo poo out of her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1cOnNrY5s

I know it's been in one of the threads in D&D but even if it's been posted here already it can go again and deserves a repost.

I think it was discussed, but I don't think the interview itself has been linked.

And drat, if that wasn't the worst interview in the history of Fox News (as has been argued on places like Salon), then it has to rank pretty high up.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

poor nose posted:

So Zimmerman was threatening his soon to be ex-wife and her father while having his hand on his gun and allegedly hit her father. Hannity is gonna say it was their fault for making him anxious or some poo poo right? I think they might get another sit down chat about this.

"Well Sean they were both being a couple of dicks to me man, you know how that is."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ge...oz/-/index.html

Apparently Zimmerman's been released

If this is mentioned at all, it'll be in the context of "LIBERAL LYNCH MOBS!!!"

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

How are u posted:

The author states upfront that he is an Ayn Rand Objectivist, so it helps to know the article was written by an actual sociopath.

It's amazing to me that someone would actually put that forward, right out front, and expect people to believe this means he should be taken seriously as a thinker; given that it's Forbes, he probably is.

I can't check at the moment, have objectivists started making GBS threads up the comments section yet?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

eviltastic posted:

Apparently Fox has actually been altering the text of AP stories they're publishing to read 'slimdown' instead of 'shutdown'.

Media Matters is collecting them here.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

Congress did try and squeak through some half-assed bills that would return funding to some of the more visible government agencies yesterday or today, the stated narrative may be taking this into account.

I think that included a bill for the NIH cancer drug trials, which the GOP will be sure to use to say "the Democrats care more about burdening Americans with new regulations than they do little children!"

They shouldn't be throwing this piece-meal poo poo together, but when their list of demands for a full bill is essentially the 2012 GOP platform, what can the Democrats do? And how can they show people what nonsense this is?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Good lord it's like some form of crack or something. He literally told me today that "I like that Charles Krauthammer, though I find him to be a bit of a Rino".

Is it because Krauthammer opposes Intelligent Design? Because I can't think of anything else.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

Milo's going to kill himself once he stops getting attention, isn't he?

That's exactly why Clinton shouldn't refer to him by name in her upcoming speech. Someone posted something like this a little while back, but there's no way he could contain his rage at being denied that spotlight.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

My hometown AM radio man, who caters to racist upper middle class white flight suburbanites in suburban Milwaukee, was convinced that Hillary's latest attacks on Trump's association with alt-right neo-nazis is because she and liberals are terrified that Trump is going to show poor black people the truth that Democrats are the real racists and that welfare is the new plantation slavery. This guy, by the way, is about as orthodox a movement conservative as they come and has been super hostile to Trump over the course of the campaign

"No you!" is pretty much the only come-back they have to pointing out Trump's alt-right ties.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Spacedad posted:

In hindsight it turns out that Dilbert is a comic about business by Dilbert's boss.

tbh I've kind of ended up sympathizing with the boss a number of times just because Dilbert and his friends are such rear end in a top hat bullies.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

whatever do you mean?

Isn't that the same rabidly antiabortion group Andrew Schafly is affiliated with?

Either way, I can't wait to see the Lauer's of the media bring this up as a valid point against Clinton.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
I like that "attempt to throw photographer into fire."

Wasn't what actually happened that someone got knocked to the ground, but the guy who did it came back pretty quickly, apologized profusely, and even gave the woman a hug?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

That is the lovely corporate perception, though, and Dilbert has always been about mocking corporate thinking.

Dilbert as a character has changed from being a very bright, more or less decent person who has trouble understanding some social niceties into an rear end in a top hat who lays down sick-burns on strangers.

This sees to have accelerated the wealthier Scottbert has gotten.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
I can't wait to see what the president-elect tweets about this.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 5, 2017

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
It may be pointless, but I just need to ask: any information been released showing they were affiliated with BLM in any way? I haven't seen the video, and I know it's a new crime, but I was curious.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

A Deacon posted:

I haven't seen BLM shitheads like Shaun King & Deray condemn this horrific act of racially motivated violence yet; so there's that.

I'll admit that I don't know how long this has actively been reported, but it seems like news is only breaking (relatively speaking) on it. I guess I'll check the headlines tomorrow.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

ManlyGrunting posted:

I really have to stop learning about tragedies from this thread :smith:

I feel like I've lost a part of myself but when i see things like this and think "thank God ONLY five people did."

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

So, how long until the alt-right starts parroting the "gays are all pedophiles" line as a means of distancing themselves from him?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

guess he really is gonna go work at infowars

How often do liberals get blamed?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Leofish posted:

The Washington Post has a write up here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.4447dfb34860

Essentially

So, riots? Yes. Immigrants? Probably. Ongoing crisis of this happening all the time everywhere? No.
In fact,

So, it's a case of perception equalling reality for people. You can throw data at them, but this is a case that only confirms the bias. Refugees and immigrants, who are predominantly Arabs and North Africans, are responsible for violence. Were they in this case? It looks like it. But are they responsible for all crimes, and all violence, or for a dramatic upswing? No.

So, there's basically nothing we can do to provide any actual context about what happened.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I saw the clip and he really did do a piss-poor job of defending man-made climate change. Tucker Carlson kept trying to pin him down on a question and he'd dodge it. Even if the question was bullshit (the question was "How much of climate change is due to human activity?") Nye should have addressed it rather than just repeating "The science is settled!" and claiming we'd be having another ice age right now if it wasn't for human activity.

And now we get to see this endlessly paraded around by "skeptics" while they ignore actual scientific data.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Well, now that we fired Tomahawks into Syria, how long till we get "we must unite behind the president in a time of crisis" from the usual crowd?

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 7, 2017

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
It seems like it could be a great chance for the Fox crowd to try and distract from the Russia link.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 7, 2017

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

NatasDog posted:

IIRC there was an article some time ago detailing how Ailes' was worried about this sort of thing and took a lot of steps to bomb-proof the ground level and his 2nd floor office. I'll be damned if I can find it now.

It was all about keeping gay people from assassinating him.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

https://twitter.com/dineshdsouza/status/903240409035374593

Ughhhhhhhhhhh....Do conservatives give this much of a gently caress about the Koch Brothers? I'm genuinely curious.

Is he heading towards some kind of breakdown? Because it seems like he's been getting crazier and crazier for the past couple of weeks.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

So is this as close as they (Fox News) can get to saying she deserved it, or are we still waiting on that?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

Maybe add a negative sign in front of your 3 and a 0 after it.

She might mean the FBI and DHS doing it like hey did with antifa.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

PJOmega posted:

Sharpshooting plumber.

Jfc

Didn't that guy teach Sunday School?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

And as to be expected the comment should are riddled with NOT ALL MEN, MEN ARE THE REAL VICTIMS, and so on.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

Every single male host of FN could be fired for harrassment and the viewers would never leave.

Trump's election and the coming Moore win give them the permission structure needed to handwave every single fault on their side.

They'll just bring up Clinton and Franken every time it's brought up. The days of right wing shame are long gone, noone will ever resign again.

Moore winning will basically be him being found innocent in his dumbshit supporters' eyes, just like with Trump.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

That's giving him more dignity and gravitas than he deserves.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

couple episodes behind but so far the only person so far who seemed to recognize pretty quickly that the person they were dealing with might be putting them on was bernie sanders

Yeah, several early reviews pointed out how he was the only one (at that point) who managed to escape with his dignity intact.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

I mean, we know they'd double-down about the scary hordes that only Daddy Trump can protect people from.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Is that one of Watson from when he melted down after hbomberguy made a video mocking him and pointing out his brain pills had huge amounts of soy or soy derivatives in them?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
I know the person who wrote the original article is a King biographer, but I cannot see any reason to believe the rape thing is true until the original tapes are released and authenticated by independent experts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Hannity is hosting and moderating a debate tonight between Gavin Newsom and Ron DeSantis.

https://news.yahoo.com/desantis-newsom-face-off-fox-051643250.html

Not sure what Newsom thinks he can get out of this. I don't see a scenario where Sean runs a fair debate here or doesn't put his finger on the scale. Assuming he's the one coming up with the questions, all I can imagine is "Governor DeSantis, why has your great free state of Florida thrived so much under your leadership?"

"Governor Newsom, why is the state of California such a disaster and why are millions of people fleeing your violent hellscape of a state?

This will be watched by all of five thousand people