Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mister Kingdom posted:

I hope Matt's boneitis kicks in tonight.

He gets his teeth kicked in with one of the easiest Final Jeopardy questions in recent memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zakharov posted:

I hate the new champ so much. Egregious board hopping.

You could tell Ellen wanted to sock him.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GhostStalker posted:

Still, whenever the peanut gallery does get too critical, a lot of former Jeopardy contestants do mobilize and come out to defend the person attacked, which was what I was trying to get at.

You're not really helping yourself here; "mobilize" suggests you're part of a secret society or some poo poo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

zVxTeflon posted:

Never thought id see the words "who is goku?" appear on jeopardy

That episode just aired here and I had the biggest :stare: on my face.

Although given the way that guy looked, I shouldn't have been surprised. Between that guy, and Seth talking about leading a group that discusses how gentlemen should act, I'm convinced at least one of them is a goon.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HookShot posted:

I get the feeling that Seth actually didn't do so well entirely because he was as good at Jeopardy as the Arthur Chus and all that but because he got a LOT of complete morons as opponents.

Don't get me wrong, the dude is really good at the game and definitely deserved the money he won, but I feel like normally he would have been more of a 5-day type champ rather than however many he's at now. Which I also think is why he has so much less money than Arthur and Matt did with the same number of games.

He's also one of the goonier dudes I've seen on the show in recent memory. I think it was his first or second episode when he told Alex that he's the chair of a club dedicated to teaching men how to be gentlemen and I was like "... :what:"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

gently caress that algebra question on the test tonight.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HookShot posted:

AHHHHHH I PUT loving DAN QUayle becauSE I MIXED UP THE BUSHES

The question was George H. W., wasn't it? That was Quayle.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HookShot posted:

Yeah, it was. Thank god. I thought HW was the later one.

There's a reason we called the President "Dubya" for eight years last decade. :pseudo:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HookShot posted:

One of my faves was when someone answered "Goebels" to a question whose answer was "Oskar Schindler"

:stare:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Soothing Vapors posted:

I can't watch Eric squint his way through another game

Christ, I didn't notice it until today's show, and he looks like that goober from a Credit Karma commercial.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CaligulaKangaroo posted:

There's an Arthur Chu documentary?

Oh, yes.

quote:

Arthur Chu hacked Jeopardy! and won big. Now, he's using his newfound online celebrity to battle dark forces on the internet as a blogger and cultural pundit. Raw, unfiltered and poignant, we follow Arthur as he realizes he can only create positive change in the world if he first heals his own wounds by reconciling with his family.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Troy was a tool, but he got completely boned on his Daily Double in Double Jeopardy today. The category was state capitals (not initials), the answer was something like "these two capitals have months in their names." Juno was one of the correct responses, but Juno's only a month if you're going by the Roman calendar.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

haveblue posted:

It does have a month in it if you spell it Juneau :ssh:

gently caress

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Well that was loving brutal.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

and for those of you scoring at home, good job -- hope y'all are having fun.

for the rest of us, here's tonight's test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJevi2S3E8o

Is there an answer key for the June 1 test yet?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Holy gently caress was that dudes feminist nerd cave story cringy as hell.

Not nearly as cringy as the guy from a few months ago who proudly talked about founding a "chivalry club" at his university.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

With today's episode, take a drink every time Brandon (one of the challengers) gives an answer with a smug smile while nodding his head.

You'll be passed out halfway through Double Jeopardy.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I just saw that, oh my God :laffo:

Those were some impressively stupid Final Jeopardy responses.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Soothing Vapors posted:

This drove me nuts until my wife pointed out that he did the exact same thing during the interview segment

I didn't notice that, I was too busy being scared by him apparently wanting to gently caress cows.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Groovelord Neato posted:

if you're gonna be on jeopardy extremely famous movies should be in your pool.

Yeah, I feel like if you're going to actually be on the show, you should take a crash course in Brit Lit, landmark Supreme Court cases, pop culture (movies and television), the Revolutionary, Civil and Vietnam Wars, and, like, a Science for Dummies book, because nine times out of ten it feels like Final Jeopardy comes from one of those areas.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Holy poo poo, today's Final should have been a clue in the first round, talk about a gimme.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GhostStalker posted:

if you think you can do better, prove it.

Come on, man, this is the same kind of bullshit as when people say, "Well, if you think so and so is such a bad director, I don't see YOU making better movies than him, how's the view from the cheap seats?"

I mean, you of all people know how ridiculously infinitesimal the odds of making it all the way to a TV taping are, don't pull the smug "heh, why don't you do it" crap.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GhostStalker posted:

Fair enough, it's just my default response to peanut gallery over the top hatedoms that I picked up from other former Jeopardy contestants in response to bullshit Facebook complaints regarding contestants.

Didn't you once brag in this thread about how the network of former contestants "rolls deep" like some sort of trivia nerd fight club? Because responses like this don't make you sound any less haughty.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Calling bullshit on that autocorrect / autocomplete question today. I know for a fact that "autocomplete" has been part of the Android nomenclature for years.

Edit: OK, the judges fixed it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GhostStalker posted:

due to the informal "we shouldn't criticize the play of other contestants in this group" rule we have).

This is ridiculous.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Soothing Vapors posted:

the j! street boyz got each other's backs

they roll deep

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PT6A posted:

What is Gorton's? I've never even heard of that.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Goober Peas posted:

Their tagline is 'Taste the Gorton's Fisherman'

:eyepop:

Trust the Gorton's Fisherman.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GhostStalker posted:

Nah, he forgets champion names as well even if they've been there for a while. Like, according to the people at the taping two ToCs back, he forgot the name of both Matt Jackson and Alex Jacob.

whoosh

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Never forget the words of GhostStalker: Jeopardy alumni roll deep.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I've already forgotten who Lisa was or why people had a problem with her

She was the contestant last November's Tournament of Champions who got incredibly frustrated with her Double Jeopardy performance (she went into Final with $2,000, like $13,000 behind the other two guys), made it clear visibly that she was pissed off, and prompted three pages of discussion here of people saying "lol she was having a panic attack."

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I said that Lisa was being a crybaby, not that she was having a panic attack.

lol

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

What are frogs?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tumblr of scotch posted:

The real replacement should be Kenan Thompson.

If it gets him off SNL, I'm all for this.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Croatoan posted:

Hot take you got there

People piss and moan--rightfully so--about how awful Jimmy Fallon was on SNL, and how terrible he is on Tonight Show, because of his inability to keep himself from corpsing and laughing at his own gags.

Kenan is just as bad.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vulture Culture posted:

Fun trivia fact, Kenan Thompson is the longest-tenured SNL cast member in the history of the show

He's also widely considered to be the leading candidate to take over the show when Lorne Michaels retires / carks it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I had no idea the bird was actually called the Baltimore Oriole...I thought it was just Oriole and blanked on what other word they were looking for. Whenever I hear the baseball team I thought it was just like them saying Chicago Cubs, or New York Yankees so the Baltimore Baltimore Orioles made no sense when thinking about the clue.

Orioles are widespread across the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic (I spent the spring and summer here in Wisconsin attracting them to my balcony with orange peels and slices). Generally speaking, the Orioles' mascot in Baltimore is just referred to as the O-Bird.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GhostStalker posted:

His latest attempt to step out of that personality, hosting/moderating the Pennsylvania Governor's debate last month, didn't go over well, apparently. A lot of "don't quit your day job" type responses. And now I guess he won't for another two years.

You, uh, might want to check your math on how long it is until 2022.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Iron Crowned posted:

Another murder on Wheel

You can see a little part of Sajak die inside when he unveils a $1 million card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Holy God, the far-right contestant on today's Jeopardy was annoying as hell, and you'll know why as soon as you watch Double Jeopardy. Dude would have had a chance to win if he weren't an idiot.