Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

CAustin posted:

Just came across this one: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2053509224/new-unique-bottle-for-maw-n-paw-bbq-sauce-go-natio

At first I thought it was stupid. After watching the video it's just goddamn depressing. These people are trying to raise money to create a single product: a plastic bottle shaped like a pig's head. Actually, that's their own description, but it really gives the whole thing too much credit. You might get the idea that this bottle will look like a realistic, detailed pig's head. Strange and grotesque, sure, but probably an interesting knick knack for someone out there.

No. Instead, this is what they have planned:

BBQ sauce not included. Yep, that red thing on the right is this family's ingenious new product. And let's be clear here, just in case. It really is just a plastic bottle. It doesn't have any special features, moving parts, or really anything that makes it any different from any other plastic bottle other than, of course, the lazily rendered cartoon pig face. Hell, I'm pretty sure there are already bottles in existence somewhere out there that have reasonably similar pig faces on them. And they probably didn't need kickstarters.

Back to the video, I don't know if I've really seen anything as awkward and pathetic as this 2 minute clip. The little girl is clearly uncomfortable with having this string of inane questions yelled at her over and over, and in the end they couldn't even get her to endorse the product. They literally cut the audio and switched it out with a recording of her saying she likes it. When even a 5 year old girl who is probably (read: hopefully) related to you seems entirely unimpressed by your bullshit, you know you've got a problem.

Oh, and the funding goal for all this? $42,000

So far they only have $25, but hey, they just started.

Why is this penis ejaculating an atomic bomb out of the wrong hole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

senrath posted:

Like that's a big shock.

Wow they actually photoshopped a donation to the ovarian cancer fund. These dudes can get hosed.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I grabbed a few typical comments off those rehosts if people are wondering what they're like. (Hint: Desperado Bones will definitely not want to read these.)

... and so on and so forth.

Ha, I'm kind of glad she ended up disabling comments - the explosion of insane manbabies getting pissed off in other parts of the web is even funnier than the comment thread would have been.

I'm most blown away by the fact the Amazing Atheist still makes videos after his banana loving incident.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lunchman posted:

Foodamon is the same as the hit TV series Pokemon. The only difference is that he is on a mission for food "gotta catch 'em all." The legendary foodamon man is on his regular quest to discover more food. As he finds more food, they keep turning sugar free. ((Sugar free is the same as Kryptonite to Superman). The hero now must go and find out why they are turning into sugar free. He must defeat his arch enemy doing all this before everything is sugar free.

How did I not know this existed when it was running? I'd have pledged the entire 1,000 for Foodemon.

edit: I found his first video that he wants to make the sequel to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STCq8F-8QWk

It may actually be loving genius.

pathetic little tramp has a new favorite as of 20:15 on Mar 8, 2013

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

How to lunchman: Diabetic cooking Vol 1 - Mediterranean ended with only a single "gently caress you" pledge of $1.09. :v:

How to Lunchman still has 25 days to go, DON'T COUNT HIM OUT YET

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

lil mortimer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InglJyt7xJ8

There's something going on here. They're even making these great videos when their projects aren't funded. I have to admire that.

I'm telling you, this guy is going to be on Letterman in 5 years or less. He's always smiling. Just can't put a dude down who's that into life.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

AxeManiac posted:

Somebody likes something, time to complain on the internet about it!

I think it is cool fans get to see a movie made when before all they could do is write letters and hope somebody cares, now you just send a bunch of money to people and all of the sudden they care and now maybe we can get a proper ending to the TV show Alf.

$200
You'll get the complete DVD release of ALF: Bounty Hunter, the short-lived 2002 HBO & BBC show, completely uncensored.

$500
We'll name a biolord after you! No guarantee he'll have a line before ALF soulblasts him into the nether regions of Melmac!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Here's my 6 paragraph treatise on sexism in video games and poo poo.

Now I'm going to chastise all of you for contributing to the derail with your long-winded bullshit and say we need to get back to the topic at hand.

Let's see what we've got regionally in San Diego, land of privileged-as-hell white kids, hard-working Hispanic kids, and a bunch of transplants from every place else on Earth.

Well first let's go one state over and check out this successfully funded project:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/annafischer/the-wild-places?ref=home_popular

Hey everybody, pay me to take pictures of cosplayers IN THE WOODS. It has reached 5x its needed funding of course, but I'm on board, professional photographers make poo poo cash, so exploiting nerds is awesome by me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/allpartysystem/all-party-system-movie-the-company-picnic?ref=home_location

Raise funds for a ... a picnic I think? Is this a movie? What the hell is going on? I always find it endearing that these project makers just assume everyone knows the ins and outs of their pet project and go on explaining like we've all read the dust jacket.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806416662/thats-a-paddlin-an-adventure-down-the-mississippi-0?ref=home_location

10,000 dollars to canoe down the Mississippi River, eh? I'm sure you've thought this through! And a Simpsons reference? Count me in!

And a bit of a pallete cleanser maybe, a group of people attempting to marry Metal and Bluegrass:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1053861957/blood-and-banjos-a-story-album-told-with-bluegrass?ref=home_location

I appreciate the whole wanting to go new places with music thing, but there's definitely some lovely stuff in the sampler video too.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ooner posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2020036992/tiklyz-bold-and-beautiful?ref=category

How could anybody think there's a market for this? They want $15,000 to produce a bunch of lovely face stickers that nobody will ever ever ever buy.

gently caress you buddy this is just what I need to get my cult based on the board game Electronic Mall Madness off the ground.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

OldMemes posted:

I'm curious to see how many other cult but cancelled TV shows will jump on the band wagon, either to fund a movie, or extra episodes online or something. It sets an interesting precedent.

If we can raise 10 million, the makers of Supermarket Sweep will finally hear our voices and bring it back.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sony Pictures have picked up the rights to ALF and are currently developing a CGI/live action movie. Hooray! :toot: Just like The Smurfs and The Chipmunks! Oh. :smith:

I really want to see a continuation of the Showtime series Melmac Nights, that's when ALF really developped as a character: they introduced the illegal narcotic RUFF that people on his home planet were addicted to and we got to see ALF break out the soulbreaker, which is maybe the most badass gun in television history.

It really evened the playing field for his character in the biolords sagas, but I think if they do a reboot of the franchise, they don't need to bring the biolords back - I think they concluded and fully explored the vein of biolords stories after the droid incident on the moon and it would look like pandering to bring them back into the mix.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hey hey hey was there a terrorist attack today?

Time for an Indiegogo Scumbag Roundup!

Worthless scumbag number 1: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/boston-marathon-blast-support

Worthless scumbag number 2: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-the-man-who-lost-his-legs-in-shocking-photo-from-boston-marathon-bombing

Indiegogo posted:

Imagine, if we find this man, and he's alive. Perhaps he's going to spend the next few months worrying about how he's going to pay medical bills. Or maybe he is the bread-winner for his family, and he obviously will be missing work. Maybe he's worried about how the bills will get paid. Or perhaps he's a college student, who was barely making ends meet as it is. I'm sure he's going to be devasted by his injuries. But what if he finds out, that some woman in San Diego saw his photo, and it broke her heart.

Yeah hey guys what if someone finds him? I bet he's really hard to find with the massive bleeding leg and the fact that he's certainly in hospital now.

On a day like today, let me just give a hearty gently caress you to these sort of people and may they accidentally eat feces somehow in the next few months and notice it but only after they've swallowed a little bit first.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bandit Queen posted:

At least it looks like they were both taken down.

drat Indiegogo must be looking out for reports doubletime, well that's good at least.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

"Incandescent with anger."

Really?

I hate everyone involved with anything in this post.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hbomberguy posted:

For some reason one of their ads uses the same picture again, but this time with a bra drawn on in what I can only assume is MS Paint.

Wait, she had both her breasts removed... so how does a pillow with a notch for her breasts help...

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

You'll note that the first keyword he put in his list was "9 year old", an obvious attempt to catch the eye of people looking for the "9 Year Old Builds Her First RPG... TRUTH & TROLLS!" project.

loving hell, a men's rights documentary would probably get funded in 24 hours - the only problem is you'd then have to make it.

Then again, MRAs are not known for being successful people with spendable money either.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
This one's interesting:

http://www.gofundme.com/2q5biw

GoFundMe posted:

This week as workers lay buried in the rubble of a collapsed factory, Slate.com blogger Matt Yglesias' response was "meh". With more than 300 workers dead ( over 100 at the time of writing), Matt argued that it was okay for poor countries to have poorer building codes. Mind you, it's wealthy US companies that send their production to Bangladesh.We think that Matt should go to Bangladesh and work in a factory. Then, he can report on whether it's okay for poorer human beings to die on the job.
Oh, and if Matt refuses to go, we'll donate the money raised directly to workers in Bangladesh.
Who knows, maybe Matt will agree to go to Bangladesh and fund himself, so all the money raised can go directly to workers.

I love the idea, but I don't know if it's trustworthy.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

AxeManiac posted:

This pitch audio sounds like he was forced to do it in one take and spent zero time thinking about what he would say.

Oh man this guy lives about ten minutes down the road from me and is always trying to get on local radio stations with his "dementia" music (basically novelty 'comedy' songs).

The problem is his music sounds just like his talking in that pitch video. They're all literally him semi-talking over the beat of a midi file. He's been at this for, I think, 30 years. It'd be sad if he weren't also the creepiest motherfucker alive.

Here's an example of what the holy poo poo is wrong with you with the following lyrics:

Tanny posted:

Mila Kunis, Mila honey - do you like songs that are funny?
Watching Star Trek, Play Atari
But you have to share my house with my old mommy.

You can't listen to the whole thing and be the same person at the end, be forewarned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuGl43e_jwU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Alan Smithee posted:

I want to troll that so hard. Just Trump everything. Trump Toupees, Trumpmobiles, Trumpphones, Trump Energy Drinks

I want to put together a 10,000 dollar campaign to poo poo on a fine art portrait of Donald Trump, but I don't get it - I get charged 9% if I don't reach my goal? So if my campaign fails to earn 10,000$, I have to pay Donald Trump 900 dollars?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Wait, so do we know she killed herself, or did she just threaten to and then the stream was shut down?

Yeah there's no proof she killed herself right now at least. If anyone knows who she really is or where she lives, this is definitely a call the police situation, but my Google Fu is weak and can't find out any of that.

edit:

http://www.theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12430&start=120

Guy on PZ Forums posted:

I didn't see the stream, but I know for a fact that authorities were notified.

I don't want this thread to become a bed of speculation, so I'm locking it now. If Chloe would like it reopened she can PM an admin/moderator.

Sounds like there might be a good resolution.

pathetic little tramp has a new favorite as of 07:51 on May 13, 2013

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Machai posted:

Is a photo not the ultimate likeness?

Yeah, using a dead man to sell your product without permission is just wrong.

A reinvented fanny-pack, because a black sash goes with every outfit. They have said they will come out with more colors, but even then do sashes go with every outfit?

No but suspenders do. Time for me to get in on Kickstartin.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I was ready to poo poo on this, but it's actually legit and a pretty good idea:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/no-more-hurting-people

Basically the city of Halifax (sort of a sister city to Boston after the explosion way back in 1917) decided to print a bunch of t-shirts based on Martin Richard's "No more hurting people - peace" poster in that one famous photo and are donating 70% to the One Fund and 30% directly to the Richard family. 35 days to go and it's already at 25grand.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bobo the Red posted:

I like that they want to use the Arc, but are unaware that its name is no longer an acronym. The non-acronym name is so offensive I thought it was a fake group at first.

The ice mitt doesn't even work on its own, you have to put the ice mitts into a pre-existing ice cube tray, and if the ice mitts don't fit your particular cube tray, well gently caress you buddy.

And he wants $10,000 for something athletic trainers fixed ages ago. Pour water into styrofoam cup, let freeze, tear off top part of styrofoam so you can apply ice directly. Cost: about 1/10th of a cent.

And he seriously thinks it's a selling point that he says he'll have retarded people assemble his ice mitts. It's not a joke project, holy poo poo.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Song For The Deaf posted:

Are you wondering what the dumbest way to violate copyright 52 times is? Why, making a "Go Fish" deck featuring stolen Mario art!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/53163752/super-mario-go-fish?ref=home_location

It took this guy 20 years to beat the original Super Mario Bros, he's not about to be the type of savant who understands "basic copyright law"

Also it's not like he's even redoing the art in an homage, they're just loving screenshots.

pathetic little tramp has a new favorite as of 19:05 on Jun 7, 2013

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
This is the end result of all that poo poo:

redditor posted:

The times that I have been blown out due to physical escalation (most of the time I get rejected long before I get to say a word, so my experience is limited) was when I just started touching their hand or shoulder while trying to emphasize a point, and they freak out as they don't want someone who looks like me touching them. I honestly don't think that was over the line. Those experiences were really the only times that I have been called ugly by strangers. (My friends have also said the same thing, so that's why I believe that I am.)

Just imagine Chris Chan talking to you, he gets all sweaty and thinks "THE BOOK SAYS TO TOUCH THE BOOK SAYS TO TOUCH" so he just plunges forward his hand, glaring with eye contact, and slams his palm down on your hand.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bert of the Forest posted:

Just came across this wonderful train wreck of a man, and I just knew I had to share it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/82653245/druggies-and-bullies-beware-bullyproof?ref=recently_launched

In short - It's a man who is using his talents in making animal noises to make an educational game about bullying and drugs. It is just as great as it sounds.

Yeah I don't care what any of you say I'm ordering a copy of Troy's Life Lessons, the stuttered computer voice, winning turkeys and roosters, I'm loving on this poo poo.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

etalian posted:

This is a so bad it's good concept given the gross nature of the hudson river and the permit process.

What about things such as the on-going costs to replace the filters or how pools require insurance in case of injury?

It's such a dumb concept when the city has bigger problems such as lack of green spaces for the poorer parts of the city.

If they were just making it a place where they seal it off from the river and make it a floating pool, that might work, but they're honestly expecting that thing to constantly be filtering the Hudson. I mean at least they didn't decide to filter East River, but goddamn do they have any idea how much water moves through the Hudson per second? You'd need like a sewage treatment plant bevy of filtration to accomplish that and all I see are some loving vacuum cleaner filters from dad's Dyson that they're thinking they can just slap on the border.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
A former Baywatch actress wants to find Noah's Ark and you, yes you! get to pay for it:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/831132184/the-secret-of-agr-dag

Donna D'Errico posted:

You may remember me as "Donna Marco" from the television show, Baywatch. What you may not know is that while I was running on the beach alongside David Hasselhoff, which to many would have been a dream job, I was actually dreaming about something completely different: searching for Noah’s Ark. Yes, the Noah’s Ark from the Bible.

In December 2010, I was hospitalized with a near-fatal MRSA infection. Once I was home, I realized that I had nearly died without having accomplished what I always said I would do before I died. So I decided the time had come to really do it.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah the whole thing is really pretty damned sad. He's a mentally challenged guy and a bit of a douchebag and his life is basically going to be living with mom forever, but holy poo poo the people who spend every day checking his facebook and twitter and making him gently caress cakes on camera or whatever - I mean I at least understand being an autistic guy stuck living with your mom, but how the hell do you get as broken as the people who obsess over him?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

miguelito posted:

So in what's probably one of the most awful of awful Kickstarters, at least in my opinion, Truth and Trolls - more commonly known as that Susan Wilson thing - has its release date on July 31st. Are you all excited?

The game is coming along splendidly, with a ton of great art presented in a pretty fascinnnnnaaah, I can't do it. Basically, Susan decided to switch engines from RPG Maker to - wait for it - Unity of all things, and put out this splendid Official Intro Video trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsl3ZdQzzZM (Don't click this, it's a single photograph with a bunch of Movie Maker subtitles superimposed.)

I think we're in for a pretty good gaming time in two weeks, aren't we?

Wait, this is the woman who used her daughter as kickstarter fodder? Is this the girl's video game then that she coded up at RPGMaker camp?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Here's a really good Kickstarter - an online service that puts together Freedom of Information Act requests for yoU:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cir/foia-machine/

FOIA Machine posted:

Meet FOIA Machine, an integrated web platform developed by veteran investigative reporters and technology pros. It's sponsored by the award-winning nonprofit The Center for Investigative Reporting.

I wish I'd thought of it first.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

OrganizedInsanity posted:

What is it with shoddy art and webcomics that leads to high asking fees on Kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1944066903/role-playin-gamer-webcomic-and-print-and-role-play

Jesus Christ those tits he draws, her nipples must have a really high iron content and there are gigantic magnets above her directly to the left and right all the time.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Evil Fluffy posted:

Square Enix never shut down 8-bit theater(unfortunately) and it was an unfunny webcomic that just used their assets ripped directly from games.

Wait a second so you're telling me I should support this Kickstarter? Because while 8-bit theater was pretty dumb, it did lead to Atomic Robo which is a great comic series.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

The most amazing thing about that article is that there's a Monopoly world championship. How does that work? Is the last person who doesn't say "gently caress this this sucks" and leaves the winner?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

PostNouveau posted:

The great this is, this product -- designed to appeal to men who are insecure about their masculinity -- is going to fail because it's ugly as gently caress. It's clearly a bad fashion choice.

Probably my biggest issue with it is the word MAN-PACK is sewn into a lower right-hand corner that takes up about 20% of the bag. That right there is reason enough no self-respecting person should ever touch the thing.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Young Freud posted:

No, it's redheads. She loves the gingers.

I think she's got a tinge of the ginge on her minge.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Zybourne Clock posted:

Pay me 50,000 dollars to put QR codes on T-shirts. The most amazing thing about this project is that at least one other person on planet earth thinks this idea is worth 25 dollars.

http://picturesofpeoplescanningqrcodes.tumblr.com/

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Finally your wildest dreams can come true, you too can be insulted by the Iron Sheik on Twitter:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iranian-legend-the-iron-sheik-story

Iron Sheik posted:

“HELLO TO ALL MY INTELLIGENT FANS!

We start to make a movie, documentary, about my life. How I bodyguard of Shah, how I was gold medal wrestling champion, how I was #1 WWE champion, how I was the real shooter and not like that rice krispie dick Chris Brown. But now we need the help of the fans. So if you have the heart, if you have the balls, please help support my documentary on the indiegogogo and to make the REAL film for the REAL fans about the REAL legend.

God bless!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

HEGEL CURES THESES posted:

I'd buy one of those shirts for my dad, and I think he'd like it. Negro League teams ruled.

My problems with it are more from the effort side.

1) If you're going to make Negro League memorabilia, don't make t-shirts, make straight up uniforms.

2) The two guys doing this are white. They're from KC, so they probably got a lot of Monarch lore dropped on 'em, but do we really need more white people profiting off of the Negro League?

3) I'm pretty sure they don't own the Negro League licences or trademarks. The MLB routinely sells Negro League ballcaps, so I don't think the 'licencing' they got from the unofficial Negro League museum in Kansas City means what they think it means?

pathetic little tramp has a new favorite as of 17:25 on Aug 10, 2013