Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Terry van Feleday posted:

If Beast Wars is all this kind of stuff, then I get why people love it so much (still can't actually bear to watch it myself, though).

Why, by the way? Your writeups are great, I'd love to read some on BW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Wait does this mean Europe isn't getting Devastator?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Zoe posted:

What emotion is that even trying to convey?

Dull Surprise?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Is D0C a reference to anything, because I keep getting T-Bob vibes from his design, even though they are actually quite different.

With the whole merging of Cybertronian and Human tech (and Hasbro owning the brand), I kept expecting things to go full MASK.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I don't generally buy toys because I have enough plastic crap of other kinds lying around but I decided to pick up the War for Cybertron Soundwave battle 3-pack and man. It's so good. An almost perfect version of the Soundwave I wanted as a kid, and no-where near the cost of the Masterpiece.

Love the light piping on the eyes, the fact you can plug Lazerbeak into his arm so you don't have to rely on just the legs, the solid joints and chunky build, it's great.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

The legs clip into the little slots too. Not sure if you can do both at once though.

ETA: you cannot, at least on the STE GE one.

I found the slots for the legs didn't clip all that firmly, easier to just use the central peg, even if it doesn't look as good

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

That looks so good. Love the cure little laserbeak.

I was thinking about getting the Ratbat Frenzy Rumble two-pack as well but as far as I can see there's no way to attach the Ratbat to Soundwave in a way that doesn't look stupid. He's got a peg on the back, but there's no chance of him sitting firmly on the shoulder or similar.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Mar 25, 2021

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Yeah, Ratbat doesn't seem to sit on Soundwave but I'm personally pretty happy with him and the other lads sitting in front of their tape daddy. It makes for a nice trio with Ravage

(Apologies for the massive photo but phone posting)

Actually I might have found a half-assed way to do it involving his gun - can you see what Ratbat looks like with the peg in the barrel when the gun is attached like this?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Homora Gaykemi posted:

The peg feels a bit tight to actually go into the barrel but it definitely provides something that he balances against well enough if you prop him against it

Guess I'm buying that 2 pack then!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Turns out Ratbat's peg will easily fit in Soundwave's gun, which means he can do an extremely stable shoulder pose.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Medullah posted:

All I can see is a drunken Ratbat singing loudly a song about energon.

The cassettes using Soundwave as a karaoke machine isn't something I knew I wanted until now.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I'm prepared for Rise Of The Beasts to have nothing to do with Beast Wars in any significant way, and certainly not using any of the characterisation and relationship drama that was key to the series. It'll be another modern transformer movie, this time with more beast modes. And that's fine.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

"Is your computer running?"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I'm annoyed that there isn't a War for Cybertron 2-pack with Buzzsaw and Rumble Frenzy. The only way to get Frenzy is in a limited edition 4 pack with 3 repaints I don't want, and they never made a Buzzsaw

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

WFC Laserbeak and Ravage are gang-molded together. So for every Buzzsaw they make there'll be a weird partially-yellow Ravage that they have to sell or throw away.

There's no red plastic on Ravage, they could just swap that out for yellow.

Unfortunately this would mean there's be a lot more Ravages around. You could swap the black out for dark blue and get a slightly weird looking Buzzsaw and a Howlback

EDIT I guess "blue Laserbeak" is actually Cobalt

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 13, 2021

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Good Listener posted:

With Beast Wars I always forget that Cheetor also gets another form. I remember Optimal Optimus and Dragon Megatron but NEVER Cheetor.

Spoiling just so I'm not rude to a first time watcher~

All of the TM2 forms are just complete rear end. Dragon Megatron just doesn't suit the character at all, Optimal Optimus is a mess, Cheetor is now a saber tooth cat for some reason, just awful all round

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Can't get with the Dragon Megs take. It's an awesome design even if it is a little odd for him as a character.

Yeah it's not the design exactly, it's the design for the character.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Anora posted:

Titan Class Under-3

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Is it weirder to have your pet or a politician live inside your chest?

all of Soundwave's cassettes should be his special little guys what he made, it's weird as hell to turn standard transformers into pokemon.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Burkion posted:

Bruticus absolutely seems like the one they'd want to redo. Arguably the second most popular combiner behind Devy, with a host of repaint options and reconfigurations, and even individual members are fandom darlings in and of themselves.

Plus he's one metamorphing dudicus

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

Soundwave turns into a f***ing tape recorder

And he owns

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

She should have had those super thick eyebrows that were popular a while back. And a poster tube or something slung over one shoulder

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

gently caress sake, it’s all the terrible things maelstrommed together

https://twitter.com/seibertroncom/status/1501019762239115265

It should have been Swindle

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Knormal posted:

Was someone in this thread posting about having missed out on Earthrise Blue Rumble? Looks like TF Safari got some overflow stock. They're in Hong Kong so be prepared to pay for shipping.

I was, but I also don't want another two Ratbat moulds and whatever the other one is. Just the Rumble :smith:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Dabir posted:

Do you have some idea what the reason is?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

ugh just put out a mass-release version of the Spy Patrol Rumble (Blue) and Buzzsaw (Yellow)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

They can't do that. The Micromaster Laserbeak mold is gang molded with Ravage.

:ssh: I know, last time this came up I did a digibash of how you could get a Buzzsaw and a Howlback by changing the black to dark blue

It's not a great solution tbh :smith: Maybe it'd be Garboil instead of Buzzsaw.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jul 7, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

aaaaa I need a Core Class Rumble (Blue) now

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I don't think anyone posted this, but there are official pictures of Core Class Rumble (Blue) and :drat:

https://tformers.com/transformers-studio-core-class-86-rumble-blue-official-images-details/46980/news.html

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

How far in advance are pre-orders usually put up on the Hasbro Pulse site?

Because I really want that Studio Series Core Class Rumble (Blue)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Ah, MUSHs. I feel like TF2K5 must still be going, it doesn't seem like something that could ever die.

Dawgstar posted:

It's been several years but the last time I checked in the place was very dead. It was honestly a little sad.

From a few pages back but 2K5 officially closed a couple of years back, it is indeed dead.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Parks And Transformation

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Combining has always been my favourite TF gimmick, and I prefer timelines where Devastator is the first combiner. I think there's something compelling about the concept of a group of engineers and construction workers combining into a hulk-like gestalt that's simultaneously greater and lesser than the sum of its parts.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Phy posted:

Attempting to figure out the "English" on knockoff cards is often a futile endeavor

SEND THE BOOKS

oh my god, someone did a song about this, all I remember is a voice screeching SEND THE BOOKS and the chorus being "Robo R Car!"

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Hangin out for that Studio Series Core Class Rumble (Blue) release

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Please, Mr Murderking was my father's name.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Studio Series Core Class Rumble (Blue) is SO GOOD

They'd better make a Frenzy because the Spy Patrol one just looks sad now :smith:

Bonus family portrait

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Dabir posted:

They already have. Rumble (Blue) doubles as Frenzy (Blue).

A blue Frenzy? Impossible. :colbert:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

The answer to the Rumble and Frenzy thing is that the cartoon was dumb and wrong

Which is why I choose to believe this toy I have, Studio Core Class Rumble (Blue)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Rumble might be red, but Studio Core Class Rumble is (Blue)