Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:stare:

Jesus christ did these guys do anything honest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

El Hefe posted:

qatar is prob pretty nice if youre a rich tourist though

I dont think they let you drink though do they?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

What a great burn

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Parody Threads posted:

Hope Solo will probably be celebrating, not sure she could help.

:vince:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

stickyfngrdboy posted:

My favourite thing about this thread since the USA got involved is the number of people who didn't give a poo poo about FIFA a month ago, who then appear out of the blue to say 'you're wrong, Leeds dad, because we've got RICO!' And not one of those posters has explained how or why they think RICO will convict the - so far as anyone knows - innocent man who runs the organisation.

Basically in the USA it works like this. RICO declares Blatter to be a minority immigrant and then the police have free reign to execute him if he sets foot anywhere close to the USA.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

USA just asked Switzerland to extradite 7 FIFA officials including 2 VPs.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/02/us-switzerland-extradite-seven-fifa-officials

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Even if Blatter was always only acting in good faith to let his entire organiation underneath him be run so corruptly is negligent as hell.

Maybe you can't make the argument that he deserves prosecution but if he was 100% innocent and let things go on to that level without his knowledge then he shouldn't be running anything.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

You TFFers are easily trolled

I took sticky at his word that he wasn't trolling. Oh well.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You're a retarded child.

Uhhh... yeah whatever man.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Dick Pound Tokyo Sexwhale

edit: a Pound-Sexwhale alliance

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

vyelkin posted:

And Sheikh Salman, the next FIFA President who, remember, wants to run in an unopposed election, was good enough to sign a pledge that FIFA will respect human rights, although not before he insisted they remove all specific references to Russia, Qatar, women, and gay people.

FIFA, more like Sharia

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This is unreal.

quote:

In the claim, lawyers for soccer's world body state: "FIFA has become notable for the defendants' bribery and corruption, not its many good works.

"FIFA is entitled to restitution for this harm to its business relationships, reputation and intangible property."

Yeah we did it. But now we want restitution for being charged with it because we did not-illegal stuff too.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

It's great in rugby. Funny as hell to watch players brutalize then immediately drop into "yes sir, sorry sir" and walk off.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

excuse me lady posted:

rugby players are all posh boy public school twats who are used to Knowing Their Place and Respecting Their Betters or they'll get the birch from the form master and a jolly good buggering from the prefect

*Faints to the ground after a hand is moved near them on the pitch.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

"the fact that 2 drunks can fight does not make them champions"

Hold my beer

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Waroduce posted:

Lol imagine a world cup in Russia in this international environment lmao

"Free wifi for all"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Wave dubai to Qatar

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ninpo posted:

*Foghorn Leghorn voice*

Ahmad Ah say Ahmadding up these bribes son and they're just too small

:laffo:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

its a nerd in a booth who gets to say "WELL ACTUALLY,"

Sounds like a goon project

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Is the president banned from the thread now?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Last week I was trying to explain to a friend of mine how incredibly hosed up FIFA was. This is perfect.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

I dont know what that is either.

Two places that are only moderately better than a Wendys but cost 2-5x more.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

5guys > Wendys > Shake Shack > InNOut

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

So is this proof that your 2-5x was incorrect?

It was my 2-5x, sorry I don't have the menu prices for a mediocre fast food establishment committed to memory. I think the actual quote I had when I ate there for the 1st time was "ok so Wendy's with a long-rear end line and a cult".

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Imagine claim Wendy’s as better than in and out or shake shack

Just imagine

Shake shack maybe not, but you pay a lot for what you get. In and out? Yeah. It's literally nothing special, I can't comprehend the fandom of it. Whataburger was vastly superior.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

It's coming home, to a post-brexit wasteland.

Disaster tourism 2022.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Bea Nanner posted:

also i would expect all these corruption charges to come with some sort of financial penalty.

Oh you! *Giggles*

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

"Kick Corona out of football. Sponsored by Corona Lite"

It would at least be fun if they did this

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Biannual world cups are fine. Disrupting the club calendar to accommodate toasty countries also sound fine. People just have a lot of inertia about this kinda poo poo. World Cups are great.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

What the gently caress

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Infantino has addressed all our concerns that the biennial World Cup would just be to make more money by informing us that actually the biennial World Cup would be good because it would make more money.

Lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

really on the money red text there

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

freeedr posted:

Yeah Mexico City is, right now, at the hottest time of day in summer, sitting at 67F / 19.4C.

To be fair, Miami isn’t super hot right now either at 85F / 29C, but it is still way hotter that Mexico City.

Massively more humidity in Miami as well

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Endless world cup, never ceasing, demanding new stadium construction and bribes globally in a neverending cycle.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

stab posted:

Maybe Canada can get a point now :unsmith:

lol

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I would play the gently caress out of this

Same

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

There is no domestic Saudi interest in football outside of their national team. One of their Pro League games had an attendance of like 130 a couple weeks ago. Stevie G's boys played in front of 500 people last week

Lmao that’s amazing

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://sports.yahoo.com/fifa-bans-luis-rubiales-from-soccer-for-3-years-for-forcibly-kissing-jenni-hermoso-134044038.html

quote:

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee announced Monday that former Spanish Football Association (RFEF) president Luis Rubiales has been banned from all national and international soccer activities for three years after forcibly kissing Spanish national team player Jenni Hermoso following Spain's win at the Women's World Cup in August.

The kiss happened during the trophy ceremony after the win. Hermoso walked up to Rubiales for a handshake or a hug, but instead Rubiales kissed her on the mouth. Rubiales was also accused of making inappropriate comments about Hermoso and other players in the locker room (at one point he reportedly said he wanted to marry Hermoso despite being married himself).

Hermoso was pressured in the days after the kiss to say it was consensual, but she consistently said the kiss was non-consensual and made her feel uncomfortable, like she was the "victim of an assault."

Rubiales apologized several days after the incident and was expected to resign in a speech to the RFEF, but instead refused to resign, saying the kiss was consensual and he was the victim of a witch hunt by "false feminists." Following that, the team said it wouldn't play for Spain again until Rubiales was fired, the entire coaching staff resigned in protest (except manager Jorge Vilda, who was eventually fired), FIFA provisionally suspended him for 90 days, Hermoso filed charges against him for sexual assault, and also got a restraining order. Rubiales finally resigned Sept. 10.

This ruling is not the end of Rubiales. He has already filed an appeal with the FIFA Appeal Committee, writing in a post on X (formerly known as Twitter) that the three-year ban is an "injustice" and he is pursuing an appeal so the "truth" can shine.

Sounds like Spain wasn't loving around with this, glad they stood their ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

sticksy posted:

Started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this
It was only a kiss

Haha poo poo