Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Kharmakazy posted:

They must have established different leader boards then. I have ~790 and the guy in the #2 spot has ~490

Yeah the one star weekend tournament is bracketed into groups of 200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Some big changes coming up
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=72

Looks pretty good: Easier to level up 2 & 3 star characters so people will actually use them, reducing # of covers required from 20 to 5 to get rid of the intermediate ability upgrade steps, no more escalating ability upgrade costs, daily rewards, less "20 ISO-8" rewards from farming.

On the other hand they are removing the ability to upgrade 1 star cards with ISO-8.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Fat Samurai posted:

EDIT EDIT: I've just been hit by a 500+ attack by a lvl 21 Hawkeye (1-star) with 2 purples+crit. It's twice what I get with a level 50 Iron Man on 2 red tiles plus critical. Taking another look at his stats, he has pretty good damage per tile, but also a x6.8 critical damage, and I assume it grows higher. He may be even useful on some maps.

Usefulness of the gimmick aside, I like the thought that's gone into the heroes design. +Crit is very appropriate Hawkeye, and I hope we end up with a number of different viable teams.

Liking the game so far.

Hawkeye's stats and crit multiplier get a 1.5x boost this tournament and crit doesn't increase per level unfortunately. That being said, his natural crit (4.5) is the highest of the heroes I've seen.

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 21, 2013

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

MeramJert posted:

That's the way I understand it, too. Also, there seems to be 1 shot to get grandfathered overpowered characters. They're changing it so each ability has 5 levels, but you can only ever get 13 upgrade points. But right now you can upgrade 3 different abilities to level 16 each, which will get bumped up to level 5 once the patch hits.

I'm curious how they'll handle covers in your inventory when they switch over, seeing as how you'll only need 5 (down from 20) to fully upgrade an ability.

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 21, 2013

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Thundercracker posted:

I just started out, so does that mean I shouldn't even be playing right now?

No reason not to play now, but you may want to consider using ISO-8 to level your abilities and saving your covers/Hero Points, especially since they will be reducing the number of covers available in the prologue missions.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

particle409 posted:

1. So a bunch of people have level 30 Spider-Man / Thor / Original Black Widow combinations in the Avengers tournament. I assume these are the people who are cheating, correct? I'm finding grinding to be a little lovely, since the tournaments are so hard.

2. Something is definitely wrong with the random chance rewards in single player. The first 2-3 times after I've completed any mission, I only get the 20 purple crystals reward. If there are 4 reward covers, it should be 25% chance for each.

1. They may have exploited the bug that allowed you to change your device's system clock to avoid waiting for their heroes to recover, but it's more likely that they're just whales. There are people that spend hundreds of dollars a month on these games.

2. Thankfully they are addressing this in the next update to streamline farming mission rewards.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Samara posted:

For anyone wondering

Wiped my phone last night and had no viable backup saved. Lost all my covers and progress. Guess it was fun while it lasted.

Apparently they can recover your account if you send them an email with your PVP id. mobilesupport@d3p.us

Edit: The new update is out.
Full patch notes:
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=118

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 23, 2013

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

epitasis posted:

Whoa there's some new 10 day event with a world map and buffed Spider-man and Cap. New Ironman model as a reward.

Crazy, I was just thinking that they should add some PVE type events.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Venom's is cheaper (7 Purple, stun all for 1 turn) while Black Widow's is longer duration (9 Blue, stun one for 5 turns and the rest for 1).

Who's better probably comes down to whether you have better uses for Blue or Purple gems.

Edit: Fixed the skill cost

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 24, 2013

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Currently at level 4, it's 4ap to stun one person. At 5 it will cost 7 but stun the whole team one round. I'm mainly looking at this for synergy with Spider-Man's powers though, which uses up webs. I really want Classic Spidey Yellow for heals to reduce my downtime. Clawed my way up to 800ish and took a break while waiting for heals. Came back to check and I was down to 700ish. Spidey is the prize for 1000. :negative:

You can reduce your downtime by running the Venom missions that put Spider Man on your team (he has his yellow heal skill).

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

I'm wondering if Bag-Man's Switcharoo could be used at all since it creates two web tiles. Use it 4 times and it's eat the entire loving team time. Anyone have a clue if the cost keeps going down?

Looks like it just adds more types of tiles?

Switcheroo - Purple 13 AP
Spider-Man pulls the old switcheroo, swapping 2 basic colored tiles and turning them to Web tiles.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Also swaps Strike and Protect tiles.
Level 3: Also swaps Web and Attack tiles.
Level 4: Swaps all tiles that have a color.
Level 5: Swaps 2 pairs of tiles. Costs 18 AP.

From here: http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 25, 2013

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

bubbapook posted:

I don't quite get this - did you have a daily reward or something? How did 3 tokens show up?

Facebook friend rewards I'm guessing.

I was under the impression that the Red ISO quests reset daily, is that not the case?

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Jumped on the fake FB bandwagon, thought I would start a google doc to keep track of everyone. Feel free to add/remove your info. Marvel PQ Facebook Friends list

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

So with the facebook stuff, does it detect friends who have linked Puzzle Quest as well, or will it just spam random people?

And how do I link it to a different facebook account :\

It's supposed to choose friends that have the app (if you have any) and apparently goes so far as to select people who have sent you items for the first 1 or 2 spots.

I submitted a ticket to their support email stating that I linked the wrong account and they were able to unlink it. Took a day or so and they needed my PVP name and numeric Facebook ID.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Do I have to stay logged in on my facebook app on my fake facebook account or can I switch back to my regular one after linking?

Just tried it out, logged into my fake FB account, started up the game, then logged out and into my regular account. Was still able to send and receive resupplies to people on the fake account.

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 27, 2013

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

There's a QA thread on the official forums saying that the 'preview edition' label is just to indicate that they're continuously adding new content rather than being a beta with an official release.

That being said with the big R40 patch they've shown that they're open to making wide ranging changes to the game so I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked the cost or changed how skills are purchased in the future.

Also saw a note about a bug with the current version culling the list of available FB friends to share with, so hopefully that is resolved soon for those that were saying they only see the same small pool of people.

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 30, 2013

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

I wonder if they'll scale back the FB reward sharing. I wasn't able to play yesterday and when I fired it up this morning it took me 3 minutes to go through all the 'Special Delivery!' messages.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Fallorn posted:

More than you would have got in three minutes of playing.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering if they'll start capping it since at this point having a lot of active friends gives you a big levelling advantage.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Man, the way tournaments are setup is intense. Trying to attack just enough to stay in the double Thor reward without getting too close to 25 and potentially getting bumped up if someone gets attacked made for a crazy last half hour.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Gallow posted:

I think I finished 30th so how long until I get my Thor cover? This next tournament is going to be absolutely retarded and I need my guy max level for the ugliest tournament yet!

Just got mine.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Hmmmmmm. Really they couldnt find one where the featured character is front and center? I dont even remember this costume.

Yeah Black Widow Grey Suit suffers from this too. Every time I'm cleaning up my cache I mistake it for Captain America.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

McDragon posted:

The only problem I'm having is knowing when skills are ready. Wish you could still have the gems flashing when stuff was ready as well.

The gem flashing was annoying when you were waiting for a higher cost skill and had to keep checking. I'm liking the new at-a-glance system, if they could add it for your opponenets without turning it into a mess I'd be totally satisfied.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Also got top two in my bracket. Goon supremacy!

The wording on the new tournament is weird. "Face 1000 opponents and you could win Wolverine X-Force": at first I thought they were adding a fight counter to encourage people to join brackets early, but I'm sure it's just an awkward way to say its bracketed into groups of 1000.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Phenotype posted:

What is the slacker bracket you guys keep talking about, and how do I get there? I am going against people with multiple 25-30 heroes and my goal was like, the 325 Heroic token in the Reinforcements tournament. It takes forever to luck into a match I think I have a chance in.

You don't get put into a bracket until you finish your first fight, so the thinking is that the longer you delay joining a tournament the better your chances of avoiding a group full of try-hards.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

When does the Alaska mission end? I haven't started the Hunt tourney yet.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Got top three with 3 Punisher covers. I think that was first? I wish they'd let you view the leaderboard after the event ends.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Zero Star posted:

Fight a HAMMER story mission with your best team. You'll take next to no damage because the opponents are all lvl 2-3 and will ensure your best team is in place.

You don't need to do all that, your defending team is the last team you used in that particular tournament.

Link: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=242&p=1387#wrap

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Karnegal posted:

EDIT: How are people building Hawkeye Modern? I just got a cover that is going to force a choice. I was thinking 5/5/3, but I could be underestimating how low I need the purple count to be for Avoid.

I went 5/5/3 and have no regrets. I rarely run into situations where there aren't enough purple on the board for avoid.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Got number one in NHB2 but only got Invisible Woman, no 'and previous tier rewards' :(

That was a thing this tournament right? I didn't just imagine that.

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 21, 2013

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Eddain posted:

No, that was first seen in the Hulk event.

Bah too many tournaments to keep track of.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

I'm seeing that everyone at the top of the leaderboard for Nevada has 70 points, and it's been that way for hours. I guess this is how they solved the rubberbanding thing, by capping the total points per sub event?

In that case, what determines the order, who got to 70 first?

It's actually whoever got there most recently.

The first round of the original Hulk Tournament was like this too with few repeatable missions and almost no rubber banding.

Black Bo[X] fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 29, 2013

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Deep Winter posted:

Not on my screen. I have the original durations.

Duration depends on the tournament apparently. They last longer for SHIELD Training.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

messagemode1 posted:

I added a few of you on fake Facebook, especially those nearer to the bottom of the list.

Please accept my friendship, friends.

Edit: in every single tournament I always get matched up with someone named bacon magic as my very first opponent, does this happen to anyone else?

I think baconmagic, battle angel, haiguzd00m, etc... are non-player seed opponents for players with low match making rankings. They usually start showing up for me if I've intentionally tanked a few lightning rounds and I've never seen them have any points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

head58 posted:

Possible stupid noob question (only been playing a few days): what determines the characters that represent you (to someone else) when you come up in the tournament? Is it the last team you used? Your highest level folks? Something something algorithm?

Last team you finished a match with in that particular tournament.