Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Madkal posted:

Just lift the script from World's Finest (from Superman TAS) verbatim and you have your Batman vs Superman script.
Yeah forget Bryan Cranston just have Clancy Brown be Luthor in live action as well, the guy has the look.

mr.capps posted:

Wait, people dislike three-point landings? But they look cool. Why do people dislike cool looking things?
I don't really know, realism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

jivjov posted:

Norton is rather known for that though...he gets paid to be an actor and he shows up wanting to direct too.
But sometimes that leads to great things when the actor takes over, I mean look at Clint and The Outlaw Josey Wales

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

404GoonNotFound posted:

Jennifer Hale with a dye job. I don't care how unlikely it is, this must happen.
Man now that makes me want to have Troy Baker to play a character, too bad Hawkeye is taken.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Or just straight up follow the comic and make him Nick Fury's dad.
Nah I rather that be Clint Eastwood as Nick Fury's dad.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

redbackground posted:

And it has been a crying shame.

Titus Welliver is still my go-to Doctor Strange and all your other choices are dumb.
Doc Hammer should be Doctor Stange :colbert:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111946
Apparently someone wants to make a The Darkness movie which I only know about because of the games. Speaking of which if they make this movie they should just get Mike Patton to keep doing The Darkness because holy poo poo he was great at it in the game and most of his recordings didn't need modification :stare:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Darkness would be a good movie to adapt in the 90s but I don't really see it taking off at this point.

But hell yeah get Patton if they can. "Together...We are the stuff...Of nightmares"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWqlTn_dxNg
My throat hurts watching him contort his voice into those growls and I've seen him done much more insane poo poo with his voice I mean just look up John Zorn's Moonchild "Litany IV"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaP8EwBJyWA
Man was not meant to do that with his voice :stare:

I'm actually surprised by how much voice acting Patton has done: he was the monsters in I am Legend, angry sphere in Portal, and L4D2 zombies

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

The movie looks pretty good, but that trailer just cemented the fact that I cannot loving stand anything about Andrew Garfield.
I do like how his Peter Parker is basically a teenage Jeff Goldblum character with less umms and ahhs.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Gatts posted:

This is a good thing. In fact, screw it, just make the next Spider-man movie set years ahead and Jeff Goldblum can play Peter Parker. And Spider-man. No CG.
IF only we had a time machine that could take mid-late 80s Goldblum to play adult Peter Parker :negative:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

drat Sam Neil as Max Lord would be perfect

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

redbackground posted:

Literally no other choice.
Now I just have to find a character that Jeff Goldblum can play because him and Sam had great chemistry in Jurassic Park

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

If I found a genie in a lamp, my first two wishes would be for the X-Men and Spider Man rights to revert to marvel :smith:
Then for your second wish you can ask to make Agents of SHIELD awesome with none of the probably executive interference and Disney/ABC not shelling out more money for cameos and good cast members. :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

I dunno about that

He'd make the best possible Black Lightning, though. Particularly if they wanted the crusty "Hush up, [younger black hero]! You don't understand what I had to go through so that you could have these opportunities!" Black Lightning from pre-reboot days.

Him as Stewart does make sense in a manner consistent with Warner/DC's methodology of throwing money and big names at their problems and hoping that they get fixed.
Nah Black Lightning should be played by Phil Lamar because he has pure electricity in his pants :colbert:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Waterhaul posted:

Superman: The Movie and Superman 2 :colbert:
Don't forget the Fleischer's Superman Shorts which the DCAU owes a lot of its style and existence to

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Those things are nearly 100 years old and they still look amazing. Except Japatures.
It also has my favorite gif of all time

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dacap posted:

It comes out in August so I'd guess teaser at the Super Bowl and full trailer with Cap 2 in April
God drat that is too long :argh:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

He kind of sounds like Patton Oswalt doing a weird voice. What happened to Steve Blum?

I love the part where Gamora runs up to a group of literally immobile aliens. I only watched the first few episodes of this show, and I thought that even if it was bad, at least it looked incredible from an animation standpoint. I can certainly see this isn't the case anymore.
Also Deadpool is a teenager voiced by Ron Stoppable in this show :haw:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Shawn posted:

I like that you credit Will Friedle as Ron Stoppable instead of Terry McGuiness, what does that say about you?
That I forgot Terry's last name, though Kim Possible did a Batman Beyond/Adam West Batman homage episode

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

i like tacos posted:

I really prefer the voice he had in Avengers EMH and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay1YAgp68qQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Is that Saints Row 2 Brit Boss? :stare:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

greatn posted:

Batman Sub Zero came out around the same time and was originally meant for some kind of theatrical release before being dumped to home video. It is exceedingly excellent.

It's the opposite of the also excellent Mask of the Phantasm which was originally supposed to be direct to video, but then they said "Nah we're releasing this theatrically, not that you can have any more budget", and released it for like two weeks in the middle of February to no acclaim.
Also iirc Ebert didn't like Mark Hamill as the Joker for some reason.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

My guess is it's toward the end, where he has grown disillusioned with SHIELD's more proactive turn (assaults on civil liberties, etc.), and he has run afoul of Robert Redford's character, who is probably a villain. So Cap decides to suit up in his old costume from a time when it was easier to tell the good guys from the bad guys, and Falcon has his back during the final battle.
He'll also probably run into Coulson and that will break the camel's back

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Look I enjoy the movies as much as anyone else but if Marvel doesn't cast Nicolas Cage as Doctor Strange I'll just stop watching them.
Plus I bet Cage would work for cheap too, not like he has a choice, though couldn't he be seen as box office poison?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=93410
I don't understand how the movie he is proposing would be rated R, I mean the way he describes it, it sounds like it would be a PG 13 movie.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

You guys should see The Raid if you haven't. Also, its spiritual cousin, Dredd. What he's basically saying is that when an iron-fisted Bruce Lee punches a guy full force in the face, it's going to cave in his nose and split his jaw. If he intercepts a punch by grabbing the wrist and wrenching the arm down over his shoulder, the elbow is going to snap backwards and his bones are going to stick out. It's pretty gross, the necessity of its inclusion in the light-superhero-action fare of Marvel films is arguable at best, but I definitely get how that would be R. Real fights are super gross and awful and not the bloodless one-hit knockouts that we saw in, say, Captain America.

edit: Imagine this dude is Danny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aINP7IwYfzg
Didn't Captain America do have that part where a Hydra soldier gets sucked in a jet turbine and explode.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

You know bringing up Origins, I always wondered, why did they decide to make Deadpool the way he was in that movie?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

StumblyWumbly posted:

Has anyone done Steve's take on the view of WW2 today? Does capt America like Band of Brothers?
"drat Dum Dum's grandson looks just like him!"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Aside from Graviton and Lorieli (in some upcoming episode), the show seems mandated to never EVER under penalty of cancellation EVER use anything from the Marvel universe that isn't referencing a movie that already came out. It's not the core reason why the show is garbage, but it really doesn't help. At least if it was using a bunch of known Marvel characters it could coast by on fanboy wanks like Arrow does.
Its like the DC Batman Embargo or other poo poo that was forced on the guys who made the DCAU.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

E the Shaggy posted:

I can understand that. Marvel just wants to push Cap 2 for now. I'd expect a huge push right after Cap's been in theaters for a week or two.
But wouldn't they want to get some hype for GOTG since its not that well known of a property?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah but the key difference is that with the Star Wars reviews they had the maturity/distance to actually give it a good critiquing, whilst their ASM review is literally just them going "I can't believe it was SO BAD" without really getting into why beyond "it's not my Spider-man."
Really don't watch their reviews when it comes to Superhero movies, Man of Steel review was just as bad. Though they did like Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. Honestly watch their "Best of Worst" series, which is just them watching lovely movies and then shooting the poo poo with their friends for a half hour.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

SirDan3k posted:

They probably are going to use it in the agents of shield show since the lack of another Iron Man means the Ten Rings can fill the evil spies role and have a bit of name recognition.
Or maybe the Defenders Netflix series that's being planned.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

StumblyWumbly posted:

The Boston accent is possibly the ugliest accent around. Most of us who've grown up around here have it in us like some incredible Hulk bullshit that comes out when we get drunk or angry.
Someone hasn't been to Pittsburgh where we have perfected ruining the English language

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Gonna be disappointed if he doesn't yell falcon punch.
I'm going to be disappointed that when he's practicing with the wings some jackass in the testing lab plays "I believe I can fly" :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

I miss the genial, warm-hearted Shia Lebouf who got into drunken brawls with people on crutches, lost, and then had random passersby shout, "Where's Bumblebee now!?" at him.
I miss the Shia who would poo poo talk about Indy 4 only to get crushed by Steven who told him that it was time to sell cars.

And the Shia who was a good actor.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Tell me more about the parallel universe you come from.
Holes was a good movie and he was good in it, that was like his only good movie though

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/02/17/guardians-of-the-galaxy-sneak-peek/5554079/

Oh god I can't wait for tomorrow :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

And the voice of Darth Maul, one of the better decisions in that movie.

HOLY loving poo poo, that knocked it out of the park. They could not have gotten someone better than Chris Pratt for the role. I was sold with the opening scene.

I've heard a couple of grumbling from some sourpusses about how Starlord isn't supposed to be comedic. That he is "a badass and burned out from PTSD. Also, not a joke."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Just push out an outstanding Sandman decalogy and then superhero movies can all go burn forever
Well iirc Joseph Gordon Levitt is working on a Sandman movie

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

New TV Spot for Winter Soldier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_6NsYIipA
Man I can't wait for April 4th now.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Metal Loaf posted:

Ugh.

I need to submit my dissertation proposal that day. :(
I have a poster presentation on trilobites the same day too so I feel ya man :(:hf::(

Anyway that trailer makes Winter Soldier look better and better, but yeah the cinematography looks weird in parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

Definitely agree that the fight scenes were pretty awesome, and I got to continue to play my game of "spot pro wrestling moves." Cap pulls off a pretty nice Shining Wizard and German Suplex.
But does he bridge it?

• Locked thread