Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

mabels big day posted:

It's hosed up that there are people who claim to be ace attorney fans but haven't played AAI2 yet

Can I get partial credit for watching the youtube translation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Cake Attack posted:

the real answer is that apollo justice just had kinda crappy writing

unlike AAI2, which is good. i was playing case 3 on christmas eve yesterday, which felt right

You are correct on both points.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It also fits with the "grape juice that actually is grape juice instead of censored wine" gag that the series has.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Okay maybe not in a vacuum. But case 3 always sucks and the final case is usually one of the best in the game so AJ's last case is way more disappointing.

The two days of trials are so disconnected that it's like playing a completely different case and on the final day of court the player only needs to do two things to win. It is the most anti-climactic case in the series from a gameplay perspective.

Anti-climatic from a plot standpoint, too. The big culprit of the final case is the same guy we showed was guilty of the murder in the first case? That could be neat in a roundabout way...if it weren't for the fact that in the PW world, a murder conviction is a guaranteed death sentence. So all we did was would Glavin's pride a little more than we already had.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I don't understand why the internet is so in love with the AA April Fools joke. Like, it was a cute little non-malicious joke about the new game coming out, but people are acting like making the characters dogpeople is somehow this amazing idea.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Szmitten posted:

I want the localisation to have the brazen balls to pretend that they're in America still.

Me too, unironically. It just never ceases to be hilarious.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Junpei Hyde posted:

Probably the shot of young Athena covered in blood, plus her being accused of killing her mother as a child.

Comedy answer: A gay person.

Also the implication that said murder occurred by her mother being ripped apart by the robot arms or whatever.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

We''ll never get to hear Iwata point and say "Objection!" :smith:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Motto posted:

Can someone explain the love for AA5's DLC case to me? It was good, but I don't see what makes people call it the best case in the game or even the series.

You defend an orca.

Sasha Buckler is fun in that wacky AA character way.

One of the characters is an older Spike Spiegel.

The resolution was nice.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is correct. It wasn't the best AA game but it was a far cry better than AJ and I quite liked it.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Capcom executives really meddled in Takumi's original idea for AJ and forced him Kojima style to add Phoenix to a plot without him when T&T was supposed to wrap up a quality trilogy. Then the crossover went through a million revisions until we got a great game with a craptastic ending. I'd rather judge him on The Great Ace Attorney except, you know, it's not slated for Western release. :(

I'm just going to judge him on Ghost Trick, so yeah.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

smenj posted:

Surely they'd just need to give every conversation its own flag, rather than each text box? After all, it's not like you can get out of a conversation if you choose to talk to someone in the game - you just have to wait for it to end. All the game would have to know is if you've chosen that particular dialogue option before, or examined that object, or presented that evidence, etc., to know if you could skip the dialogue there or not.

I can't remember for sure, but it's not unheard of for the series to have a conversation that starts the same but branches between a dead end and actual progress based on you doing the proper thing at a different statement.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lurdiak posted:

I can't think of any more of a conflict of interest than a juror being the mother of the defense attorney.

The guy put in charge of the entire jurist system was a lawyer that was disbarred for fabricating evidence.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

shrike82 posted:

jfc how long is 1-5?

Very long, but it is oh so worth it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Because the Phoenix Wright games take place in the 2020s and not in 20XX, duh.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Raxivace posted:

I hope all the fansubs keep the California thing going.

Yeah right. We'll be lucky if the fansubs don't write HIS NAME ISN"T PHOENIX WRIGHT every time they have "Naruhodo" in the subtitles.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Strange Quark posted:

Fansubs nowadays are 99% (barely) edited official subs, so

Well those are the "fansubs" that are literally just ripping the official subs and pirating them.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Police Commissioner Gumshoe.

This, but he only worked his way up to that position because he needed the higher base pay in order to actually make a salary.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's a mystery that people wouldn't consider Zero Escape or Ghost Trick to he mysteries.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Dangan ronpa is the Michael Bay reboot of vn mystery games.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Motto posted:

I liked the idea that even though you got Kristoph in 4-1, you still had to untangle the web he'd left behind, especially since he was still riding high on having ruined Zak, Nick, and the Mishams. But like a lot of things, it was undercut by Apollo having no real stake in the case despite the fact that he really should've, being Kristoph's pupil. It's bizarre that DD did more with that than AJ without even mentioning the guy by name.

Considering that Kristoph was a master defense attorney who was willing to cheat and fabricate evidence, AA4 should have had him defending himself in his own trial for what you get him charged with after 4-1 and getting acquitted through his bullshit so that 4-5 actually has more of an impact instead of just breaking his pride.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Regalingualius posted:

You know, if there's the possibility that they'll be exploring dangling plot threads from AJ...

I'd love it if Spark Brushel, now a freelance web columnist for Buzzbait, came back as a witness for at least one case.

"This Young Urban Attorney Presented That Piece of Evidence. But What He Said Next Will SHOCK MEEEEEEE!"

The only way I want to see Spark Brushel come back is if he's the victim of a case.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

He's the Jar Jar Binks of the AA world.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Junpei Hyde posted:

Kind of an important detail considering Rise From The Ashes is one of the best cases in the series.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Look how pale they made Gant's orange suit. Unforgivable.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wouldn't mind a Gregory Edgeworth: Ace Attorney.

As long as it's in the style of an old noir series through the lens of Ace Attorney silliness.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The subtitles have never really been this serie's strong suit.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Oh no, the localization trailer calls Khu'rain or whatever a country. They're actually gonna make it in Asia and ruin all the great fun to be had with it, aren't they?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I imagine that instead of a murder, the horrible incident that she is accused of is the Idol sin of having a boyfriend.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Crap is spelled with an a

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I mean, they're not going to announce it before they can get as much money as they feel they can out of the full price 3DS version.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Regalingualius posted:

What'd they do with to it, outta curiosity (and as someone who's never played an FE game)?

Ometeotl fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 17, 2016

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Spatula City posted:

The stunt Phoenix pulls at the end of 3 would almost certainly get a real life lawyer disbarred, though.

Is a couple months after that case enough for you?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

orenronen posted:

The AA6 art book came out this week (here in Japan), and I grabbed a copy today. Lots of really neat early design sketches for the new characters, but man, this book has some extreme spoilers for the endgame almost from the very first page.

I am morbidly curious about that red text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silver Falcon posted:

My ringtone is Phoenix's Steel Samurai chiptune one.

It's the perfect ring tone and I will never change it.

Mine used to be that, but I changed it to the NMH ringtone Travis Touchdown had in NMH

• Locked thread