Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Lady here checking in for the ladies thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I hate wearing socks winter or summer, so I'm definitely not a fan of pantyhose or leggings. However, this means that my feet are nasty and I literally used my husband's sander to smooth down my heels. Worked awesomely!

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I'm not a girly girl but I get my eyebrows waxed professionally and it makes a HUGE difference in my face. A good eyebrow waxer is an amazing find. Esp. when they don't make the eyebrows way too thin.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Noblesse Obliged posted:

as a woman i flex that poo poo so hard i rocket my uterine wall out like a big greasy bloody balloon like its nothing.

step up ladies

Straight to the PYF quotes thread

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I got hit by some heat right above my cup in little league baseball and pissed blood for a week, it hurt like hell

that's the best i have to offer

Close enough

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I want to try this argan oil you speak of. What's a good, cheap brand on amazon?

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Women's Rights? posted:

I thought he was pretty good looking in ST:ID

his hair in sherlock is inexcusable though

I don't mean to brag, but when I cut my hair short it looks exactly like this (I'm a lady)

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Donkay NOoo posted:

eyebrows are a pain but well groomed brows improve your face by about a gajillion

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I've tried for years to wax/pluck my own eyebrows, but they never look the same--right one, OK and semi nicely arched, left one, totally straight and thin and too short. Looks like I had a seizure on the left side of my body.

I hate making small talk at any salon-type environment (haircuts once a year? yes) but I make myself go for the brows.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Does threading hurt worse than waxing?

The wax ripping out the hair hurts (at least the under portion) but it's when they're plucking out those stray hairs with the tweezers that I want to cry

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

ZHamburglar posted:

Ladies what is the best advice for us Goon pick up artists, besides a more expensive fedora?

Put a feather in it. Chicks love feathers.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Resurrecting coat chat: I have a super nice wool coat that's too big for me now, but the lining is majority ripped, so goodwill and the like prob won't take it. What should I do with it? It's too nice and heavy and warm to throw away.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Sex Beef 2.0 posted:

im not a lady but i wish i was. can anyone recommend a good place in the america where i can sever?

Trinidad, Colorado

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Fruity Gordo posted:

oh yeah i forgot thanksgiving was this week, hence why i have to wait an extra week to see american shows. gently caress thanksgiving

there's a cool hoodoo trick where you pound bricks into dust and then pour the dust out in a line in front of doorways so your enemies can't pass. do that at all family gatherings imo

I thought that was salt (if the Winchesters have taught me anything)

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
So far my new black Friday peacoat is the bright spot of this month. It's been a lovely month of bad news. Maybe I'll stay off Facebook until January so I don't feel the urge to punch another happy person in the face.

Thanks for letting me inject this e/n rant.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
M'fellow lady goons: What's a good short haircut for naturally curly hair?

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Kimmalah posted:

My hair is just really wavy and thick instead of outright curly, but I've had good luck with a short bob-type haircut (no idea if there's an official name for this). Any length past my chin or so just turns into a frizzy uncontrollable rat's nest.

Yes! Right now it's in the frizz phase. Even thought I've been using the fancy argan oil (though not religiously I admit)

I asked my husband what he thought about the Tasha Yar season 1 Star Trek TNG look and he vetoed it. What's not to like about a late 80s hairstyle?

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

I tend to go for tall, lanky types, but I'd be lying if I said the soccer bodies weren't nice to look at.

Boyfriend's mom is on her way back to Ohio, and all's right with the world.

And I think we can agree that bra shopping sucks no matter your size. I'm a 36C, which means I can find bras anywhere. However, it's extremely frustrating when I go to the store and every single bra I pull out has at least an inch of padding/push-up in it. A C-cup is big enough on it's own, drat it.

Yes! When you wear a 36D you just want the bewbs to be held up nicely. You don't need a bunch of molded rubber.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

And I don't remember this, but the last thing I asked my surgeon before they put me to sleep was if he could take pictures of me during the surgery. It's REALLY creepy seeing pictures of your own face peeled halfway off your skull. I asked him to e-mail me the pictures, they are actually p. cool if you can get past the gore.

That's awesome! I wish I would have done this before my gastric bypass.

Also, mind if I ask how you researched having surgery outside the US? (assuming you're an American) I'm losing a lot of weight and that's leaving lots of skin (gross) but plastic surgery in the US is too expensive. I could never afford it.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Woke up with a headache but didn't drink last night and went to bed at 11:30. I am lame.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
We are trying amazon prime streaming video and it has like twenty million seasons of intervention. If only it had more seasons of hoarders.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I love pedicures but in the summer I have the nastiest heels. The pedicure people hate me because it takes like three times as long for my feet. They have to break out the razor blade thing.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I've seen one man in Ulta before. One.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Pick posted:

Personally I'm watching those Medieval Lives videos so kindly linked :colbert:.

Yay, I have been watching these too. I'm up to damsel or knight. Minstrel is kinda boring though.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I was about to say something about the ridiculousness of putting meringue on a mug cake ... but I looked at that recipe and it looks as healthy as a mug cake can be, so I take back my initial thoughts.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
What's an onion volcano? Like the onion blossom thing?

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I buy men's disposable razors. Who cares if they're not curved and pink or purple, they're cheaper and work better

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I wouldn't want to carve my own dildo. Might get a splinter--ouch.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

t_violet posted:

Will do. When I get going on it (the whole project), I think I'm gonna start a thread in DIY & Hobbies for motivation. I should be hopefully getting my permit in a couple of weeks and then I'll be able to break ground. The doors I'm making in a shop class at my local community college so it'll be over the next four months.

Dildo chat: The glass ones I've seen are really neat and look like works of art tho' I think it's still obvious what they are.

Please do start that thread! I would love to read it. Are you pouring the foundation and everything?

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

That's super cool! I wish I could go.

i am going to paris with my boyfriend this april

what should we do there, goons and goonettes?

Well don't go to that Shakespeare bookstore, because when I was there I couldn't find it and therefore it's totally stupid and boring

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Obligatory Toast posted:

the flooring in our kitchen finally got torn out (it was vinyl, i do not miss it) and the guys are coming next week to put in bamboo after the guy installs our new cabinetry.

the kitchen is gonna loving rule

Where you getting dem cabinets? We're hoping to redo our kitchen this summer. Going to get rid of this crappy pergo floor that's pulling apart at almost every single seam.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Lately I go to Young House Love, then Apt. Therapy. But I don't understand doing a time-consuming "mini renovation" a couple years before the real renovation (talking about young house love).

Some things you gotta hire out, though. Like xeriscaping the back yard. Totally worth paying someone to move dirt and haul rocks. That is HARD WORK.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I got paperwhites as a gift and those were impossible to kill, but for some reason they stank, so I put them on the porch to die a cold wintry death.

All other plants inside this house usually die. And the leaves mysteriously have teeth marks in them. But cat teeth can't kill plants, can they?

Even when I plant the most xeriscape-friendly, drought-resistant plants outside (we live in a semi-mountainy climate), half of them die! Even the ones I see everywhere growing as weeks. Guess I'm just lucky!

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Pretty kitty! I see drowsy eyes, not plotting eyes.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Avshalom posted:

ladythread i made something for you

Epic.

Re. business casual, could you wear cords for pants? Assuming you live in a place that has winters. I'm fortunate to work at a place where jeans are OK, though when the creative dudes wear super worn jeans with holes in the knees and ironic tees, I say they're pushing it too far. Oh, and flip flops, but that's basically the law in Colorado.

I went to Ulta today--with my husband, poor guy. I got my tarte blush stick stain thing. Makes it easy to do your makeup in the car on the way to the office!

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I lost a gazillion pounds in 2013 but only dropped a few sizes. Stupid body, don't you know I'm supposed to be a size 2 by now? (j/k I wear a 14 but hope to get down to 10 or 8)

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Al Borland posted:

Also just cover your farts with a loud fake sneeze.

This is awesome advice and I will implement it posthaste.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Also my husband's iphone just made a weird noise that woke me up at 4 a.m. ... argh.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Ladythread, I saw the Valentine's candy in Target tonight and bought a tiny tiny box heart with three chocolates inside ... I ate one and thought, this is too sweet--I feel sick. I can't eat anymore.

I AM AMAZING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
65 F at night and when we're not here, 70 when we're chilling in the evenings after work or on weekends

Oops: Rocky Mountains, so sometimes freezing cold, sometimes 60 degrees

• Locked thread