Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I derped and picked Mag as my first warframe, even though apparently it's the easiest to get through normal play. When the heck am I going to get to try another frame? I'm Mastery 2 and I've tried out all the weapons I can, but I haven't collected the parts for the parts for other frames yet, and I wish I could have had an opportunity to explore different playstyles a little more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
That warframe came from the moon

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Pomp posted:

*exiting a drag show* idk felt pretty 1 dimensional

nothing 1-dimensional about this page snipe

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Somehow while farming ducats yesterday I got all the pieces of Chroma Prime. Pretty happy about that, I haven't even gotten the Saryn piece I need to finish building regular Chroma yet :v:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Player culture in this game is so surreal compared to pretty much every other online game ever. An experienced player I was in a Fortuna tier 5 bounty PUG with PMed me after we completed the bounty not to bitch me out for doing something sub-optimal, but to compliment my fashionframe skillz and tell me I did really well. What even is this? Not that I'm complaining...

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Phobophilia posted:

Hi how the heck do people deal with flying through the air and aiming and hitting enemy mobs.

I agree with everything other people have said on this, but (as someone who just started playing a couple of months ago) I've found that playing with your mouse look and scope sensitivity to find something comfortable for you is really key both in hitting stuff in general and to help land shots while in the air.

It really also just gets easier with practice. When I first started playing I could barely parkour my way out of a parka, and definitely could not aim at enemies effectively in flight. Now, it feels like a waste of a good jump not to get a few headshots in before I hit the ground. Having the muscle memory to parkour without thinking about it gives you more mental bandwidth to land shots with, if that makes sense.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Can someone explain the 'riven Mafia' to this new player? Is there an RMT angle to this? Russian organized crime had turf wars over the best botting space in EVE for RMT, so I'm wondering if there's an actual mafia angle to this game too.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
You might say he's not revenant to the current meta :downsrim:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
clem grakata clem
(hopefully) clem grakata k-drive clem?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Pomp posted:

It would be cool to have some high end content that isn't piss easy, I think there's an argument to be made that if you've run out of things to do maybe you should just go play another game

Agreed on all counts. I also think it's not so bad that some games are just easier and more casual. I personally am not Good At Games, and I appreciate that every activity in this game is something that I feel is pretty achievable even to a casual player. This is, fundamentally, a chill game, and I like that. I also really appreciate how friendly it is to solo players. I get the impression that DE likes to keep activities the same for all players, and instead tie 'endgame' peak performance to greater rewards for surviving more waves, finding more caches, and the like. As a product manager, that seems like a clever way of getting more mileage out of your dev-hours for the same content, even if it doesn't lead to the most diverse experience. (This game does, through the sheer variety of things you can do, also have a lot of diverse experiences, so if anything I feel like people are complaining that it is broad rather than deep.)

What they've showed of Railjack looks like it might require, or at least have the potential for, some fairly complex team coordination, which might fill the bill for non-piss-easy content. I actually really like the implementation of that. In Destiny, a high-end raid ends up being 'stand on plates', and those plates might have some loose symbolic connection to the lore behind the activity you're doing, but it doesn't feel like you're solving a spooky puzzle or doing anything cool. You're just coping with an annoying mechanic.

So in Railjack you're not jumping on plates, you're taking on something more akin to character roles. You've got the swashbuckling boarding party angle, you've got the starship captain angle, you've got the ops/eye in the sky covered with the ability to view and interact with the map the boarding party is on. The whole boarding-action/grand theft spaceship thing where you steal another ship and then part of your team flies it as backup to take out the big bad at the end? That's more than silly minigames, that's got actual narrative flow to it, which increases immersion, which makes the whole experience a lot cooler.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Not much to gain, a lot of time to lose?

Would you say it's a ... Profit-Taker??? :dadjoke:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Improbable Lobster posted:

Unfortunately they're the same polarity and repel each other, the tragic romance of warframe

I was wondering earlier what happens when he uses his 3 inside her 2.

I did not mean to make that sound naughty

Er, but yeah, his 3 absorbing kinetic energy when there's bullets bouncing around inside a Magnetize bubble seems like it might have an interaction that is odd.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Mailer posted:

This is weird, because I know everyone says they want hard WoW-raiding-style team coordination content. The same everyone also vocally rejected NW objectives requiring multiplayer so hard you're getting patch notes burns about it. Ditto for long NW objectives.

I really don't want DE trying to implement difficult content, because they tried that with dolons and the result is that a meta forms and that's the opposite of fun. Exploiter, as lame as invulnerability phases are, at least fulfills the goal of just bringing whatever and rolling with it. If Railjack requires teamwork beyond what pubbies can muster it's just going to fuel all the bad tropes of online games.

I agree. My hope and hypothesis is that the complex group activity we see is optional kickflippin' flourish. You CAN have two away team members board and take a Grineer Galleon to help you in the boss fight, but you don't have to, and that's sort of what I think Steve alluded to when he said it was doable solo but difficult. There was a "ships boarded" and "ships taken" stat in the mission summary, I noticed, so presumably there could be added rewards for doing so.

I thought it would be neat if you got to keep the galleon somehow.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

You can level Cetus without even leaving the area in front of the gate. Walk out, tranq the rats which are 90% of the time on the far side of the little pond right in front of you. Collect them, then look around. Something new will have immediately spawned, frequently almost right on top of you. Aim the tranq rifle, if its silent there's nothing nearby. If it chirps keep looking around for the highlighted rats or condrocs. It sees through terrain and highlights critters in yellow if they're in visible range. Between the bounty camp to the right and the lake where the grineer are to the left (never actually necessary to go quite that far either way), there's almost always an endless stream of critters within about 200m of the gate that will pop instantly after you capture the last ones.

I don't think Fortuna has the static random critter spawns and I've never figured out how to do it the "right"way but Cetus was stupid easy to max out.

Can confirm. If you go out the gates to the tall sentient-ish stones off to your right there's a good chance of a trio of Emperor Condrocs, I've found.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tulip posted:

This video is extremely good. He seems to be planning around a corproless scenario (BRING CORPRO), but he lays out a non-quantitative version of the general philosophy of good weapon builds, and I think it's very good for players to understand the general strategy rather than just see it in specific cases.

My Ash build still uses Steel Charge, because melee finisher 4. Should I truly use corpro anyway?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Improbable Lobster posted:

You find the best pubbies doing random missions and the worst doing events/nightwave

poo poo I ended up doing 4 runs of Kela, two Index runs and a couple of Disruption runs to round 8 with the same random pub group the other night.

"They shot me up with kuva. Good times!"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I was always rather curious about that. Like, why does the building let them eat it?

Surely the tower hasn't created a symbiotic relationship with the Cetus villagers, who have protection from the tenno, who keep the Grineer away from the tower... through its neural sentry....

Why aren't we looking for relics in IT?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
It's erectile tissue.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Oh I assure you I was speaking purely in legal terms. Buildings, bridges and barricades, legally, are referred to as erections.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Dr Cheeto posted:

You could even have really dumb and bad ones, like maybe the symbol of the lotus

counterpoint: real grenade launchers use leaf sights

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

prefect posted:

I am limited by credits, not endo. (Eventually, I will have built everything in the foundry, so that should stop being a credit drain then. I think.)

PM me on discord when you want to run the Index (which I can taxi you to)! I need to farm some credits anyway.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
No kidding.

Inzombiac posted:

I gotta stop playing Wukong P for everything.

He trivializes a lot of content, especially when you one take an Ignis Wrath so you and your twin have one.

I just finally leveled Wukong yesterday and honestly that frame just seems too powerful and good for things that aren't "defending a single objective" (though it's great for that too with the clone, it's not perhaps as optimal as say Frost domes or Volt speeding mobile drones to the objective) (Plz no nerf)

Cloud form is fantastic on Plains, too. (Is it faster than Gauss?) Really great when you need to zip over to a downed pubbie, puppy or kavat.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
What's the best way to level Lenz to 30? I have a feeling people will be super mad if I try to use it in ESO.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Johnny Joestar posted:

i can guarantee you that they won't give a poo poo and also someone or even two someones are going to be nuking the maps repeatedly using other means as it is

Oh I wasn't worried about nuking maps, I was worried about teamkilling. If I just need to worry about not killing myself, I'm good.

Avulsion posted:

Mirage for maximum boon. Revenant or Hildryn if you don't want to kill yourself.

Time to sing my favorite song: I don't have any of these frames!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

prefect posted:

I haven't killed myself with my Lenz yet, but I have stripped off my Iron Skin with it a bunch of times. :blush:

Sounds like they should have called it Tape.

Here's an idea for a rocketjumping frame: Dyson has a hoop skirt, can sort of fly if you trigger her 1 enough. Each time you hit 1 she drops a mini-nuke under her skirt and lights it.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 10, 2019

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
We've switched Kaiju Cage Match's goopolla bait with new Thumper Crystals! Let's see if they notice...

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Synthbuttrange posted:

Funniest thing about them is their reloads are entirely dependent on your moving speed. If you're downed, you'll never reload. :v:

Volt's 2 synergizes nicely with it and I didn't find myself overrunning my rockets, and anyway who cares, Capacitance.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Malloc Voidstar posted:

4x aerodynamic means frames that can't fly can now hover for 24+ seconds, looming over the enemies

That could be good for maximizing coverage for Mesa's 4 on maps with a lot of open space, at least?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

FunkyFjord posted:

The only way that could turn around is if we went about 'healing' the grineer, turned them good, and starting working with them.

Not only would that be a huge change but we've already very intentionally done the opposite.

Still we're definitely heroes to Cetus and Fortuna, I expect that to continue with any similar open world areas.

Thanks to Steel Meridian, you can help the Grineer learn to care for ferns.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I had a guy yesterday post Cunning Drift for 6 plat, then demand 8 the instant I PM'd him. I told him to take a walk. A goon then gave me Cunning Drift for free. Thanks goons!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Daktaklakpak riven detected. 439 Avowal!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Screaming Idiot posted:

He's a Ballas Cat.

This post didn't get enough love.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Wukong isn't bad. I usually equip every key except hobbled and ghost ride the whip.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Don't thumpers drop both in large quantity?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

FunkyFjord posted:

other good screw-corpus culture names

Profit Margin
Cargo Cult
Zealot
Prime Mover
Not Invented Here
Charitable View
Break Even
Nuisance Customer
Zero Credibility

there are too many

We All Lift Together

Not Banks, of course, but it sure fits.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Mailer posted:

I mean Weir hosed would be good, but to keep it within the boundaries of the language filter there's not much for catch phrases that'd fit within the name boundary and also have a Warframe pun. Event Mission Horizon and Libera te me calamitas are the best I can come up with, and the second is more goony than Warframe but anyone who's a fan of the movie will catch it.

Hey Kiddo

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Haven't logged in since Melee 3.0. My Itzal is ruined and all my frames now look like absolute dogshit from the rendering changes :V

How do archwings blink now? I know the Itzal's 1 was replaced with a harpoon thing (which I can't figure out how to use, wolol) but I thought they were all getting blink?

Also, any Railjack key mapping tips? It seems to leave a lot unbound by default.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
A tale of Christmas joy:

A friend who recently started playing for the first time was lamenting having missed Wukong Prime's time in the drop tables. He really, really loves Wukong.

Well, today I get to tell him that I just realized I have a full Wukong Prime set that I randomly pulled out of relics while grinding stuff for Baro waiting for him.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Aw, jeeze. My surprise is way less cool than I thought. Oh well, that's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Mailer posted:

The shortcut for all of this is goons. Get carried, get free stuff, and learn all the things the game never tells you. Then do it from the other side for the next new person.

It takes a village to raise a kiddo!